OtakuBoards

Fullmetal Alchemist

Guest dark kitsune

In one episode Envy asks Scar what his real name is. I think he replied along the lines of [spoiler]his name was given by God, and he no longer follows God, so his original name has no purpose.[/spoiler] That's if I remember correctly.

I call it a cop-out, but maybe the Hagaren Manga hasn't revealed his name yet, and they don't want too many indiscrepencies. (You might be able to tell, that I haven't gotten far in the Manga yet)

-r2

I was wandering about the FMA manga. I haven't read very much, apart from some previews I got on the internet. Is the story very different? As it seems to be much longer than the anime?

I also wandered. Is the film (which I haven't seen. Yet...) taken from the manga as well. Or a whole different ending. As I found mixed facts on the net. ??

Full Metal Alchemist is amazing btw!!!! :animesmil

Guest kenei
[quote name='Wolf2gto']I personally love the series and it's one of adult swims most popular anime's. I think that the series ends bad just because i love it so much and it leaves with a cliff hanger :animecry: I cant wait for the movie, but i dont think it will sum up the series considering how many things are unanswerd. Im sorry if anything i've said upsets anyone that hasent seen the entire series for saying things about the end :twitch:[/quote]

Well, the movie (the second one) is due out in theators in August '06, and I think that ends the series. It picks up where the anime left off, for those who saw episode 51.

Well, I'm a latecomer to the thread...I guess I'll post my reasons for loving the series, like most others have.

Mainly,it's due to the story and characters. The sotry is just so full of twists and turns to keep your guessing, and the characters are wonderful and so well developed! I wholeheartedly reccommend it.

Now that I got that out of the way...what's this I hear about a second movie, now? I certainly didn't hear anything about it until now. And August of this year? So soon after the first movie? Hm...I advise the one who posted about it to explain where he/she got this information. If it's true, then I'd certainly love to hear more.

Guest rafita_edo_girl
I'm a big Full Metal Alchemist Fan! This has been the first anime I've ever seen and I found it really amazing. Really original and great! :animesmil

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Question: Did they ever say Scar's name? I'm watching the episode where [spoiler]he turns Alphonse into the Philsopher's Stone, and died,[/spoiler] but I don't ever recall hearing his name... :( [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

If I remember right in one episode they hinted at it but never really said it, but from how I took it I think his [spoiler] original name was Al O.o [/spoiler] now I could be wrong considering they never ACTUALLY said it.

It was one of the episodes near the end, Scar was in a flashback with his brother I think, Hmm I think it might be when he was explaining how he got his scar O.o

Someone correct me if I?m wrong though .

[QUOTE=Wolf2gto]If I remember right in one episode they hinted at it but never really said it, but from how I took it I think his [spoiler] original name was Al O.o [/spoiler] now I could be wrong considering they never ACTUALLY said it.

It was one of the episodes near the end, Scar was in a flashback with his brother I think, Hmm I think it might be when he was explaining how he got his scar O.o

Someone correct me if I?m wrong though .[/QUOTE]

I really don't think we are meant to know. I remember that episode pretty well and i don't think there was anything that was meant to hint it to us. The only thing i can think of is if it's hinted in any way it would have been during the flashbacks involving his brother and [spoiler]lust's former self[/spoiler]. I would have to go over those episodes again though.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT]BKstyles, I added spoiler tags to your post. You'd need to use spoiler tags in this case because what you were talking about wasn't revealed until later in the series. -r2[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Sojiro47']I'm not to far into the series, but this is a spoiler request! Can anyone who has seen the whole series tell me what happens to Mustang! I hear stuff, but I can't find it![/quote]
It's a little hard to tell what you mean by what happens to Mustang. I mean, a lot "happens" to every character in the series. If you just want to know his status at the end of the TV show, [spoiler]he's alive, but his left eye has been lost or badly injured.[/spoiler]

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger]It's a little hard to tell what you mean by what happens to Mustang. I mean, a lot "happens" to every character in the series. If you just want to know his status at the end of the TV show, [spoiler]he's alive, but his left eye has been lost or badly injured.[/spoiler]

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the unclear request. And thank you! That was what I wanted to know! One more thing. [spoiler] Was the loss of his eye a result of his fight with Bradly?[/spoiler]

[quote name='Sojiro47]Sorry for the unclear request. And thank you! That was what I wanted to know! One more thing. [spoiler'] Was the loss of his eye a result of his fight with Bradly?[/spoiler][/quote]
No. It was a result of a [spoiler]gunshot wound. There's a bit of a dispute over whether it was done by Hawkeye by mistake or Archer, however.[/spoiler] You'd have to see the episode to understand. ><

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Okay, there is one thing that has bugged me every since I finished this anime.

[spoiler] In the last episode, when Dante is riding in the elevator, and Gluttony eats his way through, and then Gluttony attacks Dante and she attempts a transmutation and then the elevator shows up empty, I was pretty lost. I've looked for the answer elsewhere and they've come up with theories, but I wonder if anyone knows what REALLY happened.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I've heard people say she didn't have enough time to complete a transmutation, but can't she do transmutations without a transmutation circle just like Ed and his Sensei?[/spoiler]

sorry if this has been talked about before in the thread, I searched "Dante" but I didn't find anything about it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[spoiler]Gluttony ate her before she finished performing her transmutation. Even hand-clap transmutations take a second or two, and Gluttony can be [i]very[/i] fast when he's hungry.[/spoiler]

Slight movie spoiler: [spoiler]This is basically confirmed during the movie, as Gluttony is shown to be alive.[/spoiler]

~Dagger~

Also don't forget [spoiler]Gluttony was taking part in a nice feast a la philospher's stone while Al was incapacitated on the array. So it is understood it enhanced gluttony, which is also a probable explanation for his transformed state in the movie as well.[/spoiler]

[color=dimgray] Yay the Fullmetal Alchemist thread! :D

Right now I'm insanely jealous of anyone who went to Anime Expo this year and saw the first English screening of the movie. Or met Vic Mignogna. I'm tempted to go to AWA just because he's a guest there... possibly because he gives girls endless fanservice. *brain fizz*[/color]

[quote name='Sangome']Now that I got that out of the way...what's this I hear about a second movie, now? I certainly didn't hear anything about it until now. And August of this year? So soon after the first movie? Hm...I advise the one who posted about it to explain where he/she got this information. If it's true, then I'd certainly love to hear more.[/quote]

[color=dimgray] As far as I know, there will be no second movie. Even the rumor that one is coming is pretty small and right now it's considered moot.

I've been in an anime rut after I finished watched the FMA series and movie. Nothing else has managed to catch my attention at all since then, probably because I don't think anything will trump it for a while. [/color]

Another thing about the afformentioned deal with [spoiler]Gluttony's enhanced state, not only did he chow off of some of Al's stone-infused armor, but when he ate Dante (Thank God. >>), she still had some of the Stone remaining in her as well, which could also contribute to his state.[/spoiler] I guess it'd be a combination of the two.

@Lunox - I figured as much that the rumors of a second movie are weak, given that the only tidbit of info I found about it was here and nowhere else.

I envy the people who got to see the screening of the dub as well, but it's only a few more months until it's released.

Oh, but that leads me to a question (to anyone), I've heard that the movie will be screened in certain theaters (most likely not here, given how nearly no one gives a flying flip about anime here in Hickville =_= Plus the [spoiler]deaths of two certain characters that I will not name[/spoiler] would most likely scare everyone here XD), and that it will be screened sometime in September. But, if the movie is coming out in September (I believe) on DVD...would the theatrical release be first, then the DVD, or would it be at the same time? Or am I even making sense? o_o

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]It seems we're talking about multiple things at once... -.-

Well, about Scar's name, I think they probably never say it because the anime branched off from the manga, doing there own thing from the manga-ka's planned story, so if they gave a name, it might of conflicted with the manga. That's my best explanation.

A bit of evidence to that is that they never showed Winry's parents in the anime, most likely because they hadn't appeared in the manga during the time the anime was running. Ed and Al's father, I'm not sure, because I wasn't following the sbbed anime as it was being released, but I know he appeared in the manga a looong time before I even saw the end of the series, while they only showed Winry's parent's recently.

If I recall, the only time you see them in the anime, you don't see there faces. And also , in Winry and Pinako's home, you don't see ANY pictures of them in the whole house. Isn't that a little odd, you think? ;)

I kind of gathered my own reasoning that maybe Gluttony [spoiler]was transmuted by Dante kinda sorta, because she was gonna change him, and he didn't dodge her hands and eat her, he still touched her hands that were intended to change him in to something. So that, plus the crazy amount of Stones he was eating, plus he mind being cleared by Dante, plus the clunk of Al, may equal to the creature we saw fighting Wraith in the movie.[/spoiler]

Oh, and I haven't hear a thing of the second movie. Yet. :p [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Sangome]
Oh, but that leads me to a question (to anyone), I've heard that the movie will be screened in certain theaters (most likely not here, given how nearly no one gives a flying flip about anime here in Hickville =_= Plus the [spoiler]deaths of two certain characters that I will not name[/spoiler] would most likely scare everyone here XD), and that it will be screened sometime in September. But, if the movie is coming out in September (I believe) on DVD...would the theatrical release be first, then the DVD, or would it be at the same time? Or am I even making sense? o_o[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=dimgray] I think Vic Mignogna said at several anime conventions that it was a [i]possibility[/i] that the movie would have a theatrical release. If it did, that would be cool, but I'd expect it to open in several major cities (New York, Chicago, LA...maybe others).

All I know is that the movie DVD is coming out the day of the last tv DVD... I have no idea about the theatrical, if it does happen.

I'm sort of bummed it's not coming out October 3rd. :3 [/color]

• 2 weeks later...
I'm so happy to find such a devoted bunch of FMA fans!:wigout: This is my fav series (second is Naruto), mostly because of the original and interesting plot and the characters. You can sympathize with almost all of them, even the evil (or thought to be evil) characters, such as [SPOILER] Lust, Envy, Scar,[/SPOILER] etc. There's no love with [SPOILER] Tucker[/SPOILER] though, he is just too evil.:animeangr :mad: :flaming:And [SPOILER] envy I'm inclined to hate because of Hughes, who was one of my favorites! waaaa:animecry: [/SPOILER]. But basically, I love FMA!!!:D :animesmil :catgirl: oh, and I can't wait for the movie!

Hello, I'm new to the boards. So please be gentle :animesmil .

I love FMA. The first I had heard of it was when I read the back of the DVD case at a local store. From the description I thought it sounded stupid, but then I caught the last two episodes of the first season and I wound up crying over a character that I didn't even know. EPisode 7 was another, I still cry over that episode. It is such a truly awesome show that can pull the emotion out of you. Filled with wonderful visuals and truly great writing, full of sadness and humor. This show pulls you in no matter where you start watching. I had to go back and watch from the beginning. All around awesome anime. FMA definitely one of the best.