OtakuBoards

Fullmetal Alchemist

Guest dark kitsune

[quote name='Sojiro47]I have another question about the fight between[SPOILER]Mustang and Bradley. What was the deal with the skull?[/SPOILER'] Did I miss something earlier in the series?[/quote]

[color=dimgray][spoiler] It's revealed earlier in the series (I think it's episode 34) that if you have the remains of the person a homunculus is based off of, the humunculus can't move and you're able to kill it.[/spoiler][/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray][spoiler] It's revealed earlier in the series (I think it's episode 34) that if you have the remains of the person a homunculus is based off of, the humunculus can't move and you're able to kill it.[/spoiler'][/color][/quote]
[spoiler]So, in turn, the skull was part of Bradley's human remains, which is why Mustang used it to kill him off.[/spoiler]

Your a little late, i've already seen the whole series and yes it is AWSOME!!It is truely a master piece.I was in awe after each episode watching the story unfold.I wish it would go on forever but like all good things they must come to an end. So now i'm just waiting to buy the movie.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest heruka
Full Metal Alchemist has been over advertised through forums, and other anime related media. I personally found it to be somewhat irritating, [spoiler] the ending itself left a bad taste in my mouth, and the movie just made it worse [/spoiler].

[spoiler] I also got bored of the series just after they get rid of that fake priest, the one befriended by lust, who she gives that shonky ring to [/spoiler] Anyhow, my big quam with the series is that it could have been easily condensed into a 26 episode series, it went on for far too long.

[url=http://www.funimationfilms.com/theaters.html][u]FMA movie theater list[/u][/url]

I [i]may[/i] be able to see this, but I'm not too sure about which theater I'll end up going to--much less which city! The timing will be quite tricky for me, but I'll try to work something out anyway. :animesigh

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger][url=http://www.funimationfilms.com/theaters.html][u]FMA movie theater list[/u][/url]

I [i]may[/i] be able to see this, but I'm not too sure about which theater I'll end up going to--much less which city! The timing will be quite tricky for me, but I'll try to work something out anyway. :animesigh

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

It's not playing.....anywhere near me. :animecry:

This is the first I've heard of the movie. Any idea of what the plot is? And, is it meant to be like...the end of the series, or a turning point, or just a stand-alone sort of thing?

[QUOTE=Ben]It's not playing.....anywhere near me. :animecry:

This is the first I've heard of the movie. Any idea of what the plot is? And, is it meant to be like...the end of the series, or a turning point, or just a stand-alone sort of thing?[/QUOTE]
[size=1][font=arial]Not playing anywhere near ME, either.

And to answer your question about the movie, basically a rough summary is is that it takes place two years after the events of the final episode of the series. [spoiler]Ed is working in Munich with his friend, Alfons Heiderich, who looks alot like his own little brother, Alphonse Elric. On the other side of the Gate, Al is working to find a way to reunite with his brother. Meanwhile, the Thule Society, on Ed's side of the Gate, is trying to open the Gate to "Shamballa", AKA the world FMA took place in, with the help of its leader.[/spoiler] So, essentially, the movie is about [spoiler]Ed and Al trying to find each other, after being separated at the end of the series.[/spoiler]

Very very good movie. :animesmil Though some of my favorite characters [spoiler]die. D:[/spoiler] That's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.[/font][/size]

watch this. it is in japenese. but it has subs

[img]http://www.feeldifferent.org/img/fma.jpg[/img]

[COLOR=Red]
Links removed by moderator[/COLOR]

YOOOOUUU'''RRRREEEEE WWEEELLLLCCCCOOOOMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Whatsupmon[/B], linking to copyrighted materials is not allowed at OtakuBoards. Please take a moment to read the Rules and FAQ located in the left side bar of the forum. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=Dagger][url=http://www.funimationfilms.com/theaters.html][u]FMA movie theater list[/u][/url]

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

I wonder why they were only showing it in Texas... :rolleyes:

I could of saw it...On Sept 6, because I went on that day. I drew Ed, Winry, Havoc, and Scar, because their voice actors were gonna be there...but...[B][I]IT WAS SOLD OUT.[/I][/B]

Yep.

I was disappointed, but not mad as I should of saw it coming... :animesigh [/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
I wonder why they were only showing it in Texas... :rolleyes:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
It was shown in lots of other cities toward the end of August, actually. I guess those were removed from the list because they aren't as recent.

~Dagger~

I've only seen a couple episodes of the anime and I've read volume 1 of the manga. It is a really good series and I wish that it would continue on after the movie is over. I saw this one episode where ed [spoiler]dies because of envy. I didn't know envy was a boy at first, he looked like a girl to me.[/spoiler]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]mangamaniack21[/B] I added spoiler tags to your post. When discussing an aspect of a show that would spoil it for someone who has yet to see it. Always use spoiler tags. Just take a quick look at the sticky titled spoiler tags for quick and easy instructions on how to use them. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
I could of saw it...On Sept 6, because I went on that day. I drew Ed, Winry, Havoc, and Scar, because their voice actors were gonna be there...but...[B][I]IT WAS SOLD OUT.[/I][/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Oh, I meant to put that I was planning to get the pix I drew signed...alas... :animesigh [/FONT][/COLOR]

It was pretty odd. I wasn't expecting Bradley's involvement to be like that. I mean, it was a given that he wasn't a 'good guy' considering the state of the country, but I never would have guessed [spoiler]his actual identity[/spoiler]...(can't remember how to cover 'spoilers') Maybe I was just easily surprised. :animeblus

The ending worked quite well, though it seemed a bit rushed. I wasn't especially impressed with the film, though. I think it could have been done better.

[quote name='Astraea]I never would have guessed [spoiler']his actual identity[/spoiler][/quote][color=#007520]I enjoyed the film. I'm surprised you didn't. It actually felt like a conclusion to the series. Granted, I didn't like the beginning flashback/story-telling part to it, but when Al fought those suits of armour [spoiler]dressed like his brother[/spoiler] I had to release a fanboy squee.

Though, of course, Bradley is the best. Ever. Who wouldn't worship a guy called "[I]Führer President King[/I] Bradley". You definately know who's in charge there.

I added spoiler tags to your post, btw. You can click "Edit" to see how I did them.

-r2[/color]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='r2vq][color=#007520]Though, of course, Bradley is the best. Ever. Who wouldn't worship a guy called "[I]Führer President King[/I'] Bradley". You definately know who's in charge there.[/color][/quote]
Roar....

I don't like Bradley...

[spoiler]He acted all nice and crap, but in the end he was a main part of Dante's force, who I also don't like. AND he made the Elrics fugitives, and tried to kill Mustang. I don't like him. But as a villian, I think he's really cool. If a villian make me not like them, then they're doing their job right. ;)[/spoiler]

Also, I second the Alphonse part. <3[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#007520]What you say about Bradley is true, I felt the same emotions, but as far as I'm concerned that only has to do with the Anime. He's cute in the manga though.

Take the following for example...

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25836&stc=1[/img]

-r2[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
For thoes who have seen the series and have bought or seen the movie what do you think?

Personally I loved the series it was a masterpiece and i'm sure it will go down in anime history and the movie was also amazing but i'm not sure on the ending.I think it would have been better if [spoiler]Ed and Al stayed on the other sideof the gate,where theones who love them are (Winry) and I think they would be happier there.[/spoiler]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Lostsoul612 I combined your thread witht he official Full Metal Alchemist thread, when creating new topics, don't haste in looking at the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208]Official Threads Directory[/URL] located at the top of the forum. ~Ikillion[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 5 weeks later...
I love the anime Full Metal Alchemist plus the movie! This series is so amazing cause of the action it has, characters, storyline, and all. I think makes this series soooo wonderful! And all and all one thing that makes the series great in my opinon is the characters like Edward Elric( Who's my favorite character). He's sooo funny and he got some anesome fighting moves plus is funny. :animesmil And when someone calles him short he stands up for himself and yells like crazy.:animesmil And everytime I watch it I feel so happy and gets me hyper. So hopefully by reading this you'll know what I'm talking about and feeling about this great series.

So my question to you is what do you like about the Full Metal Alchemist series?

[COLOR=Black][SIZE=1][B]Well, I've seen the whole series at least 3 times to date, and I'd have to say one of the best things about it is the storyline. It's a little rushed in parts, but otherwise, it's good.

The action really falls under animation in a sense. Now, I could be wrong, and get flamed like heck in future posts, but the animation is sort of what makes the action look as good as it does.

It's one of my favorite animes; the artwork is pretty awesome![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=MangaGirl14]//snip//

So my question to you is what do you like about the Full Metal Alchemist series?[/QUOTE]
[size=1]The characters. The characters all each have their own flaws (something people fail to realize...), some are funny, some are serious. Some are hot, some are not. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Many of them have made mistakes, which can really make or break that character in terms of acceptance and popularity.

What can I say? I've never seen more well-developed characters.

Of course, there's other aspects I like...but that just stands out the most.[/size]

• 2 months later...
Full Metal is awesome! (i'm doing a fan manga as we speak) the plot is way awesome, but be forwarned, it will make you cry! (be prepared w/tissues!) alphonse is way cool (my fav character!) and roy is just hot...so it has decent eye candy for bishi lovers.

twink out

------------------

oky doky, there's a question i have for everyone! i am currently reading/watching fma. i've seen the ending, and watched the movie, (i'm currently at the part when greed first enters the scene in the manga) but the middle is still a mystery. there's a guy named pride, now i was under the impression [spoiler]that was the fuher,[/spoiler] or wat not. but i've seen these pics of a homoculous looking version of ed and they say that's pride. so i'm confused. can someone help me?

hiei luver

• 2 months later...
I added spoiler tags to your post, hiei luver92. I'm also going to move this to the main FMA thread in a bit.

There's actually an interesting story behind this. What kalon says is correct--but the picture you saw wasn't mislabeled, either. Back when the manga was still pretty early on in its run, a group of Chinese fans made a doujinshi FMA game called Bluebird's Illusion. In one of the game's endings, Ed becomes the homunculus Pride. Hence the picture(s) of Ed as Pride--it's the main thing for which the game is known. :)

~Dagger~

• 2 months later...
I hated the ending of fma. i wish they made more episodes of it. and even though in conqueror of[spoiler] shambala ed and al were together again i didnt like they had to get back to each other.[/spoiler] why couldnt the anime end with an ending that didnt leave me in tears?[SIZE=1][INDENT][COLOR=goldenrod]Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]Animaniac[/B], I merged your thread with the already existing one on this anime. Please take a moment to review the sticky on how to post in Anime Lounge. Also, when starting a thread, you need to do more. For example you could have taken the time to explain a little on what the show is actually about. As well as using proper grammar and English. Also, use spoiler tags like I have added so you don't spoil things for those who have yet to see it. ~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/INDENT][/SIZE]