OtakuBoards

Fullmetal Alchemist

Guest dark kitsune

[color=#333399][font='Comic Sans MS'](Been meaning to get this up for awhile but computer was being evil.)[/font][/color]

[color=#333399][font='Comic Sans MS']Ugh? I want it to be next Saturday now. Especially after seeing the episode preview? poor Al.;_ ; But I?m guessing when he says [spoiler]all his memories are fake he?s talking about all his memories before the accident? like his childhood. And that would mean that since the episode Mother was narrated by Al it?s not true? wouldn?t it?[/spoiler] ?Probably not, but it?s still just a thought. [/font][/color]

[color=#333399][font='Comic Sans MS']And Dagger? Lust scares me. Especially in the library scene. [/font][/color]

[i]Lunox, how fast can you turn 18? <_<

Yes! Just... YES! I feel exactly the same way! Calling Fullmetal Alchemist an anime is derogatory - insulting even - as there's nothing quite like it, and it easily makes leaps and bounds past everything else (provided you take in everything it offers). That's why I consider it an anime anomaly, heh.

FMA pleases both higher thinking and mindless mayhem. As you pointed out, it can be enjoyed superficially, but if one was so inclined, you can also look at the bigger picture and enjoy the strong themes associated with FMA. The strongest thing, the integration, is just so seamless, as if violence and philosophy could always be together without sacrificing the quality of either.

As for a sequel, I also agree with you. I'm pretty sure I said it before in this thread, but I'm worried about FMA the Movie, as I was very content with everything - even the ending. It may have been open-ended, but there was hardly anything wrong with that. And while I do want more FMA, I'm concerned that FMA's "magic" just won't be as potent or even soured if it was continued. "If it ain' broke, don't fix it."[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] :3 We can be FMA buddies!

I also adore how the series works in both action and philosophy in this perfect blend...*melt*

Yeah, the movies also concerns me a bit. I hope it doesn't have some crack ending [eep]. I biggest fear of an ending is if everyone happily ends up living in Ed's original world...and happily ever after and etc. I would go crazy if that happened. O_o I just hope it wraps up nicely, so we can go along and obsess over the manga. [/color]

Fullmetal Alchemist is indeed one of my favorite animes. Sure all those other anime's are great and provide alot of fantasy, FMA seems to be more well founded. It seems that things in this particular series seem to actually be possible. Alchemy just seems like a speeded up process of natural science through it's laws of equivilant exchange and other things. I'm glad someone brought attention to this anime, but anyway, I wish it were possible to figure out a way to use alchemy in everyday life. I probably would be a good alchemist except for ONE little thing... I'm a horrible artist lol, I would try to draw a transmutation circle and it'd be all misshapen and i'd lose a hand trying to transmutate x.x..

Anyway, of all the animes I've seen, DBZ/GT, wolf's reign, Fatal Fury, Tenchi [man i miss that one] Ranma 1/2, whatever else I've seen more, but i'm slightly pressed for time, FMA is the best one...

the only other probable anime I've ever seen is Ghost in the Shell which comes on after FMA on Adult Swim.

--Jamvis

[heh, it's been a while, hasn't it?]

so far im up to episode forty one of the subtittled anime, and ive become totally obessesed with fma. I first saw it in japan, and afterwards i went on an fma shopping spree there. I just struck a deal with suncoast, and im having every dvd preordered for me as soon as the one before it is scheduled for release, so far ive been set up three months ahead of each one, lol.
Also for you animators out there, the extras on the dvds are top notch. Tons of production sketches and character designs, very well put together dvd, my favorite and the dvd also comes with a hand dandy little pamplet on alchemy.
I hope the rest of you will enjoy the series as much as i have been!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Guest BoNeZ
[B][COLOR=Blue]FMA is one of the coolest shows ever it isn't like the others. you hav to use alchemy which is pretty cool. i don't really know but sumthin attracts me to the show. maybe itz the thrill of seeing wat ed is gonna do with all his power. you don't know what is gonna pop up i guess.[/COLOR][/B] :rolleyes:

[color=darkslateblue] Erk. Some interesting, new information about FMA...Click the attatchment, but ONLY IF YOU'VE SEEN THE ENTIRE SERIES. Basically, it's a conversation between Envy and Greed that was never aired.

:)

It is pretty odd and random, but nothing too serious. I don't think it really affects any of the actual storytelling in FMA, but still, it has spoilers.

Taken from fullmetal-alchemist.com.
[/color]

Guest VampireSeras
FMA is definately a great series. If anyone hasn't seen the entire series in Japanese, I sugest doing so. It will be hard to find, being as [URL=http://www.animearigato.com]AnimeArigato[/URL] had to take their ***. FMA boxsets of. I feel very lucky. Having ordered the entire series about 2 months before they took it off =]

Did anyone else cry when [SPOILER] Edward was killed by Envy?[/SPOILER] , just wondering.
[SPOILER]
One thing I thought was neat was when Al became the philosophers stone. Thats just plain awesome. [/SPOILER]

Sloth is probably my favorite sin. But Envy is preety cool too.

Did anyone else find it weird that [SPOILER] Even after the whole thing with Scar's brother and Lust she still became evil and set on killing Scar? [/SPOILER] I found it odd.

Oh man, FMA is SO addictive man x.x I literally live just for saturdays now. problem is it's how long? 45 eppies? or is it 50 something? I can't remember. But if they're only airing one eppy per week, it'll take a WHOLE year. even though they show the same eppy four times in a week, it's like... if you still manage to miss that one episode, you're SCREWED for the rest of the year lol! but anyone else here wanna get on the [AS] forums and try to talk them into making it a nightly thing?

oh yeah and rock on, they brought Trigun back!

---Jamvis

[quote name='Jamvis]Oh man, FMA is SO addictive man x.x I literally live just for saturdays now. problem is it's how long? 45 eppies? or is it 50 something? I can't remember. But if they're only airing one eppy per week, it'll take a WHOLE year. even though they show the same eppy four times in a week, it's like... if you still manage to miss that one episode, you're SCREWED for the rest of the year lol! but anyone else here wanna get on the [AS'] forums and try to talk them into making it a nightly thing?[/quote]
Well... that's how it ran in Japan, so what's your point? :animeswea

Plus, Adult Swim does weeknight re-runs (as I believe you implied), which most definitely did not happen in Japan. So I'd say I'm quite happy with the current schedule. There's no way I could keep up with the show if a new episode aired every night. FMA is fifty-two episodes (well, either that or 51... 52 is a much more common number, but I can't remember if FMA is an exception or not) for a reason; it was designed to last a full year when it debuted in Japan.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=blue]Something's fishy with that dialogue you posted, Lunox. Think about it: [SPOILER]there was never a time when Greed was alive and Lust wasn't[/SPOILER], so I'm having trouble figuring when this talk between these two was supposed to have happened. Also, [SPOILER]they speak a little more coherently than the Homunculi normally do[/SPOILER].

[B]@VampireSeras[/B]
No, I didn't cry at that scene. I really didn't see it as a point to cry, haha. Rather, it was like, "OMFG! I can't wait for the next episode!"

Also, I didn't find that weird at all. Homunculi lack [SPOILER]both mind and soul[/SPOILER]. If you make note of where [SPOILER]the alchemical seals are located[/SPOILER], it becomes a little more clear. I think Gluttony's will give the best explanation, as his is manipulated with later on anyway, haha.

[B]@Dagger[/B]
Yeah, it's 51 or 52, so you were kind of right on both guesses. Some consider the upcoming movie the last episodes, and others don't. So, without the movie, it's 51 episodes, and with the movie, 52.[/COLOR]

[color=darkslateblue] I have no idea either, Azure, but I'm very trustful of the source. It's from [url]http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com[/url], and I trust the site.

There was a festival in Tokyo for FMA (yes, I'm being serious) and many of the seiyuus were there, and they also performed live scenes from the anime (such as [spoiler]Ed and Roy's last conversation, Hughes funeral, etc.[spoiler]) but what surprised a bunch of people were when Envy's seiyuu, Yamaguchi Mayumi, performed a never-before-seen conversation between himeslf and Greed in the anime. The script I posted was actually scanned in from the official pamphlet and translated by Sycia (I think everyone in the FMA community that knows about her loves her to death...including me. She lives in Japan and translates almost everything for fans. *o*).

BUT there were several members of the forum who also questioned it, very similar to your questioning, Azure. Sycia replied and also admitted that she had no idea as well, but thought that they performed it to represent the Homunculi factor of the series. It is possible that the first part of the conversation could have taken place [spoiler]on the island where everyone is trying to get Wrath[spoiler], and then a bunch of other people thought that the last part was seperate and was just [spoiler] Envy reflecting back on what happened post-series or episode 51.[/spoiler]

The most that I'm taking from this is that [spoiler] Greed was Dante's former lover[/spoiler] and the hints that imply [spoiler] Envy's appearance in the movie[/spoiler]. But then again, a bunch of people were sort of freaked out about [spoiler] Greed being Dante's lover[/spoiler] and suggested that maybe Greed was not a [spoiler] sexual/romantic lover, but a son or family member, which I sort of doubt. They did bring up the smallness of the bones in Dante's house, though. And if you took all [i]possibly[/i] hints, it would probably lead to a Dante being a mommy thing. But eh...I don't think that so much. There were also many branches of theories, like Greed being Envy's brother and all sort of ideas. [/spoiler]

But um...I guess his identity will remain a mystery. O_o

Oh, and if it confused you (it did me), when Evny is saying [spoiler] 'You...You and YOU!You'll all die sooner or later.' in the script, the seiyuu was looking at the audience, which probably means he was directing his threat at humans.[/spoiler][/color]

oh my gosh, i absolutly love fma. Its the only anime that has got me so worked up that ive preordered al the dvds, and have bought all of the merchandise in america, and i even got some in japan. Hot topic is also selling some cool fma shirts as well, so if any of you guys want one check it out, im sure other places will be sellin em too.

[QUOTE=Lunox][i]=_= Fansubs, *sigh* its not that I hate them but they're hard to find! >_< Im sure once some fansubbing groups release it, people will flock. I'll never be fast enough to find them before everyone buys them out on Ebay or some place else *cries*[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] ? You don't buy fansubs, you download them... If you want more information, you can PM me. :)[/color][/QUOTE]

Really? My friend had once bought fansubs (on DVDs of course) from Ebay. =_+

[color=darkslateblue] That's called bootlegging...or at least it's a form of bootlegging. FMA has been liscenced now, so I don't think you'll find any more fansubs of it easily. Funimation is doing a good job of editing it as far as I have seen, so I'm planning to buy the DVDs as well.[/color]

[quote name='SlowChemical']it always seems when i come a thread dies down...*sigh* :animedepr[/quote][COLOR=blue]What are you talking about? Look at the time difference between replies! Posts are usually hours apart, and sometimes even days apart.

Just gotta have the patience.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=AzureWolf][COLOR=blue]What are you talking about? Look at the time difference between replies! Posts are usually hours apart, and sometimes even days apart.

Just gotta have the patience.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Patience happens not to be one of my best virtues -.-

*shrugs* guessing being new here kind of sucks....

[color=darkslateblue][size=4] HOLY MOTHER O' GOD.[/size]

[b]*DO NOT WATCH OR READ UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE WHOLE SERIES*[/b]
A new trailer of the FMA Movie: Conquerer of Shamabla came out. It was posted on the official website, but then taken down. It was saved JUST in time, you can get it here:

[url]http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com:81/forums/index.php?showtopic=4012[/url]

O_O The movie looks [i]so[/i] good. I'm about to explode here. x_x

[spoiler] DAMN THIS TEASER! It teases too much!

In the clip of 'Ed' near the end (where he claps his hands together and puts it against something metal), he has transmutation circles on the inside of his gloves? *freaks out* I'm supposing it's Al, since based off of the new set of postcards they've released, Al has taken on Ed's old clothing and hairstyle. They look exactly alike. *o* But why the Al in armor form? There's also the old Ed, since it shows his automail arm. Possibly a flashback of some sort...but I don't recognize that guy attacking the old Ed. And most probably the Envy!Dragon.

And then it's definately Al H. (the Al in Munich) that is talking about his 'older brother'. Does he really have one? I've never thought of the possibility... Some people speculate that it's the Ed that died because of the Zepellin, but I doubt it.

ARGH![/spoiler][/color]

EDIT: I made a billion mistakes in my excitement. ._.

[COLOR=blue]Lunox, that's quite an interesting phenomenon. Goes right up there with that Dick Parade the Japanese have (it's about fertility supposedly). O_o

Wherever the script is from, I feel that it's not something that should be ignored. Also, it's pretty obvious from the script that [SPOILER]Greed was Dante's former lover[/SPOILER]. Regardless of what types of speculations can be made, [SPOILER]bones included, homonculi look strikingly similar to whomever they are based on. Pride, for instance, looks just like Ms. Elric. Envy's real form looked like someone who would be the son of Hohenheim. Last, Lust looked just like the woman Scar's brother loved. Scar even recognized her at first sight[/SPOILER].

So, based on those three alone, it's safe to say that [SPOILER]Greed looks the way his human counterpart did[/SPOILER], and a person like that looks like [SPOILER]more a lover than a relative[/SPOILER]. That's my two cents.

Aside from that, I think people are reading into the script way too much. [SPOILER]Envy is, without question, the son of Hohenheim and Dante in homunculus form[/SPOILER], and [SPOILER]this script strongly supports the idea that Greed was created by Dante[/SPOILER]. However, there's not much linking the two facts together, and any link is severed by [SPOILER]Envy looking nothing like Greed[/SPOILER].

Haha, more interesting info, Lunox. I'm unfortunately going to refrain from watching any trailers and details on the movie. I just like having everything about an upcoming feature be a surprise to me. ^^;

There's one thing that's on my mind, though: [SPOILER]How could you not realize that Envy would be in the movie[/SPOILER]? O_o I mean, you saw the ending: [SPOILER]he went past the gates and to the other world to hunt down his father[/SPOILER].[/COLOR]

[color=darkslateblue] I was [spoiler]certain that Envy was going to be in the movie,[/spoiler] but I was just excited and was blabbing a bunch of stuff. >_> Azure! I'm dissappointed now that I don't have someone to obsess over the trailer with. [/color]

[COLOR=blue]Haha, one can really feel your excitement and enthusiasm through your posts, Lunox! I read your spoilers though.

It would help in figuring out [SPOILER]if Al H. has a brother[/SPOILER] if we could calculate the age difference. If I correctly remember some of the magazine spoilers, [SPOILER]Al H. is older (and taller) than Ed[/SPOILER]. That means [SPOILER]if Edward jumped into the Edward H.'s body, then it would be an older looking boy[/SPOILER]. From what I remember, it was actually someone much younger, so you can say with surety that [SPOILER]Hohemhein's kid who died while Ed was in him was definately not Al H.'s brother (if he even has one)[/SPOILER].

Another problem with that thought: [SPOILER]there was no one else in the house or under Hohemhein's care when Ed was in that kid's body[/SPOILER]. I'm not jumping to conclusions, but it's unlikely that [SPOILER]the kid was Al's brother. Two points say otherwise: age, and placement[/SPOILER].

Sorry that I'm taking the ninny's way out. ^^; You can still hype about it on your myO! :p[/COLOR]

[color=darkslateblue] Haha. :) Yeah, the [spoiler]original Ed in Munich being Al H.'s bother is sort of...eh. I hope it's not tue, anyway.

One thing that I was just wondering about the film (just random speculation) was whether or not Hoenheim would be in it much. [size=1]I liked him. ._.[/size] But with Ed leaving him at the end of episode 51, I doubt we'll see much of him. :/ I hope he's in it at least once.[/spoiler]

P.S. I love your editing reason...XD[/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=darkslateblue][spoiler]One thing that I was just wondering about the film (just random speculation) was whether or not Hoenheim would be in it much. [size=1]I liked him. ._.[/size] But with Ed leaving him at the end of episode 51, I doubt we'll see much of him. :/ I hope he's in it at least once.[/spoiler'][/color][/quote][COLOR=blue]Oh, if [SPOILER]Envy's in the movie[/SPOILER], it's safe to say [SPOILER]Hohenheim[/SPOILER] will be. There's no one else [SPOILER]who would have the resources (i.e., the bones) to take him down[/SPOILER]. Also, [SPOILER]Envy's main goal is to get his dad[/SPOILER]. Even Ed was considered secondary, remember? [SPOILER]Envy saw Ed at the gates and asked where Hohenheim was, and then didn't even notice the dazed Ed after that[/SPOILER].

I too liked him quite a bit. This may sound hypocritical, but I absolutely [SPOILER]loved how Ed didn't just embrace his dad and accept his transgression. His disdain for his dad is still justified. It was the source for not only Ed's turmoil, but Ed's brother's turmoil. The latter was truly unforgivable in Ed's eyes[/SPOILER]. ^^

Two other things lead me to believe he'll be in it. First, I don't think [SPOILER]Edward was leaving for good, just leaving to find out what he can[/SPOILER]. Second, [SPOILER]Hohenheim was talking with some religious people at the end of the series, about this island and how he would be very helpful or something - I don't remember clearly. It just gave off the feeling that the island they were talking about would play a key role in the bridge between the two worlds, and so, if Ed's goal is to get home, that's one place where both father and son have interest in[/SPOILER].[/COLOR]

Reasons for editing are what I live for. ^^

[color=darkslateblue] Ah yes... [spoiler] There was a scene of this island exploding in the trailer. I love the Hoenheim/Ed scenes just because I'm a sucker for father/son moments. ;_; If Hoenheim dies during the movie and Ed has a sad moment, I will faint with happiness. But anyways...Hoenheim seems like a good dad, even if he did leave them. *o* I nearly died in episode 50 when Hoenheim said that line about a parent loving his child. T_T

Thank you for your reassurances. :3 Yet I also have a feeling that Hoenheim will die in the movie. Dunno. I am a dork. :D[/spoiler][/color]

I'm up to 19 episodes I'd just watch, Full Metal is a deep, style of anime the chareters are cool looken, the use of alchemy is really awsome on each person, and the story has alot of twist's in it you gotta love Full Metal it is people's idols.