OtakuBoards

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Trading, Discussion and SRS BIZNESS

The Spectacular Professor

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 July 2010 - 08:58 AM' timestamp='1278053926' post='696320']
My strategy is simple. Cheat a little. I'm starting many of my games over now that I've transferred Pokemon from the areas so that I can have a good amount of Master Balls for those damned legendaries.
[/quote]
[b]
That's a good strategy. XD Actually, I have four Master Ball? since I bought a used copy of LeafGreen. So maybe I should stop saving them and use on on a legendary? Or is there a better time to use a Master Ball?[/b]

[quote name='Humaru' date='02 July 2010 - 10:15 AM' timestamp='1278058501' post='696332']
Yeah I cant get to Rayquaza unless I have a Groudon from Soulsilver. What I really need is someone with another DS...that way I can trade one over.
[/quote]
[b]
I might need someone to help me trade too actually. If I get my Platinum started up again and decide to train my team on there. So maybe we can help each other out or something. How did you get a Groudon though? Do you have SoulSilver?

How does everyone decide what to use their TM's on by the way? Like the ones that you can't buy or win anymore. :o For example, I gave Rotom Shadow Ball and regretted it since I thought Dark Pulse might have been better. Now my Rotom has both. The only good thing is, I hatched an egg from a Rotom and Ditto, and now the baby has Shadow Ball already.

So how do you guys decide on using a TM without wasting it?[/b] Edited by Lilt

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lilt' date='02 July 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1278086096' post='696347']
[b]
I might need someone to help me trade too actually. If I get my Platinum started up again and decide to train my team on there. So maybe we can help each other out or something. How did you get a Groudon though? Do you have SoulSilver?[/b]
[/quote]
[size="4"]
Well if you need me to help trade Im willing to help but Im not sure what I can do. Well I caught a Groudon in Ruby version and imported it to my Heartgold version but I couldnt fool Prof. Oak. He said I needed a Groudon from Soulsilver. I do have Soulsilver and Im working on catching Groudon on there. I already have Kyorge in Heartgold and if I have both the I get a chance to catch Rayquaza.

Also I need help getting the trade only pokemon (Rhyperior, Electavire, Magmortar, etc.) I have all the neccessary items for trade evolution just no way to trade them over.[/size]

[quote name='Lilt' date='02 July 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1278086096' post='696347']
[b]So maybe I should stop saving them and use on on a legendary? Or is there a better time to use a Master Ball [/b][/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I usually save Master Balls for Event-only Pokémon like Shamin and Arceus, but everyone has their beliefs about when to use them. I would say when you don't have a team that can possibly back you up when going on a Legendary hunt, that'd probably be the best time to use it.[/color][/font]
[b]
[/b][quote][b]So how do you guys decide on using a TM without wasting it?[/b][/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]For me, I like to think about the power of the move itself, the type of Pokemon I'm dealing with and potential situations that might come up with it. For instance, before I got my Swampert (which had Ice Beam bred into it), I was tempted to teach my Gyarados Avalanche. This was mainly due to the fact that I don't have any Ice-types on my team and I would eventually come up against Dragons in a rematch against the Elite Four. My Gyarados is a little on the slow side, so if it survives an attack, that's automatic double Attack power for the move. And I can give it a NeverMeltIce to boost the power of that even more. But that's just what I do.

It may be a good idea to team a TM move to Pokémon who wouldn't otherwise learn it or to a Pokémon to help it deal with a type it has a weakness to (i.e. teach a Typhlosion Solarbeam to help it deal with Water-types). Just a thought.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Humaru' date='02 July 2010 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1278098352' post='696354']
[size="4"]Also I need help getting the trade only pokemon (Rhyperior, Electavire, Magmortar, etc.) I have all the neccessary items for trade evolution just no way to trade them over.[/size]
[/quote]
I'd be happy to try and help, if you'd like.

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 July 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1278107767' post='696366']
[/quote]

[b]Hey Chibi, I need to wait until I start up my Platinum game. But I might also need some help trading eventually if you don't mind.

Also, I wanted to ask. Who are you going to give Rock Climb to for your team to beat Red? Or are you going to have to replace someone and add an HM Servant?

@Kei: Thanks again for all your help. You really helped me with my team. I'm going to put in Chorijin my Medicham and maybe Dynamo, my Rotom.

Do I need an HM Servant slot though to get to Red?[/b] Edited by Lilt

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 July 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1278107767' post='696366']
[/quote]

[size="5"]AWESOME!!![/size] [size="3"]I'd really appreciate that.[/size]

[quote name='Lilt' date='02 July 2010 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1278114351' post='696374']
[b]Hey Chibi, I need to wait until I start up my Platinum game. But I might also need some help trading eventually if you don't mind.

Also, I wanted to ask. Who are you going to give Rock Climb to for your team to beat Red? Or are you going to have to replace someone and add an HM Servant?[/b]
[/quote]
I'd be happy to!

That idiotic Infernape hath been gifted with it.

Does anyone know how to find out what your friend code is?

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 July 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1278123995' post='696398']
I'd be happy to!

That idiotic Infernape hath been gifted with it.

Does anyone know how to find out what your friend code is?
[/quote]

To get your friend code you use your Pal Pad and its pretty self explanatory from there. You have to log onto your WFC to get it though.

[quote name='Humaru' date='02 July 2010 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1278126014' post='696403']
To get your friend code you use your Pal Pad and its pretty self explanatory from there. You have to log onto your WFC to get it though.
[/quote]
I'm trying, but I have no compatible access point, apparently. How do I log in to the WFC without one?
[font="Tahoma"] [/font]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 July 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1278128665' post='696413']
I'm trying, but I have no compatible access point, apparently. How do I log in to the WFC without one?

[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]You can't. You'll have to wait until you can access it from a hotspot (like at a library or a McDonald's) to get your Friend Code.

I'm also available to trade with people, if so needed.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Kei' date='03 July 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1278130872' post='696415']
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]You can't. You'll have to wait until you can access it from a hotspot (like at a library or a McDonald's) to get your Friend Code.[/color][/font]
[/quote]
I'll get myself to Barnes&Noble then! Thank you very much, Kei!

[b]I just caught my very first shiney! (The Red Gyrados doesn't count. Also, I ran into a shiney Graveler but it exploded.)

It's a Diglett with a really cute blue nose! He's going to replace the Dugtrio that was going to be on my team.

Do they still stay Shiney if you evolve them though?[/b]

[b]Thanks Chibi! :biggrin:

Wow, so they do stay shiney? I don't know if I can handle it then. Since there will be three cute blue noses. :blink:

And is there any reason to go to Mt. Silver besides fighting Red? Is it an okay place to grind?[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='03 July 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1278204251' post='696476']
[b]
And is there any reason to go to Mt. Silver besides fighting Red? Is it an okay place to grind?[/b]
[/quote]

Yeah you can catch some new pokemon and if you need to level up your weaker pokemon...its good place to go. I go to Mt. Silver to train my weak pokemon to evolve. Its a good place.

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Mt. Silver and Cerulean Cave are the best places to train for high level in the game, besides Trainer, Leader, and Elite Four rematches. They have the added bonus of being prime spots to train for every EV, so they're actually the perfect areas to train Pokémon.
[/color][/font]

[b]Thanks Kei. I'll check them both out then. Victory Road is really only good for training water or grass types.

And I might need help with trading sooner rather than later. I want to transfer Piplup then Chimchar to HeartGold before I officialy start my Platinum save file.

Also, I'll post my new additions to my Beating Red Team soon.[/b]

I def have to get to a Wi-Fi friendly area so that I can get my friend code for Heartgold. Once I do that...the trading can begin. Im not sure of all the pokemon Im gonna offer up but I have some idea.

Heres a short list.....

[b]I'm Offering:[/b]
Groudon(from Ruby), Charizard, Pikachu, Vileplume, Honchkrow, Golem, Steelix, Zapdos, Nidoking, Dratini, Hitmonlee, Aggron, Azumarill, Arcanine, Manectric, Tangrowth, Yanmega, Togekiss, Moltres, Articuno, Phanpy, Ledian, Pupitar(if i dont evolve it), Lickilicky, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon.

[b]Looking to receive:[/b]
Groudon(from Soulsilver), Hitmonchan, Flygon, Porygon, Mantine, Wobbuffet, Chimeco, Chansey, Lucario, Leafeon, Glaceon, Gligar, Houndour, Ralts, Alteria,

[b]Pokemon I want to trade but get back because they evolve when they are traded: [/b]
Electabuzz, Scyther, Magmar, Rhydon, Dusclops Edited by Humaru

[b]I'm not sure what I can offer for a trade. So is there anything you want, Kei or Chibi? (Whoever can help me.)

My only problem is, I wanted to get the event Jirachi on my Platinum game and start over. But I don't think it can be traded? So should I even try to get one on my Platinum? If I can just trade my Piplup, I could just forget about getting Chimchar and starting a new game.

So I guess it's a choice between Chimchar or Jirachi.

And what is with the rematch time for gym leaders? I can battle some of them during 8:00pm in the "afternoon", but others stop battling me at 10:00am even though it should still be morning.

Also, my new additions to my team are:

Chironji: My Mankey got angry and tried to attack me. So Chironji, my Medicham, used her psychic powers to help me out. So I'll be having her take his spot in my team. She doesn't have as good of a choice with fighting moves, but what she does have should work well against Red.

Star Wars: My Electrike got homesick for Japan. So now my Rotom, Star Wars is the second new addition to my team.

EDIT: My Shiney Diglett evolved into Dugtrio! Now I have three cute blue-nosed guys. ^^

Also, I finally got my Platinum strategy guide in. It comes with cool stickers. I wonder if I can stick one on my Pokéwalker...[/b] Edited by Lilt

[quote name='Humaru' date='05 July 2010 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1278365113' post='696597']

[b]I'm Offering:[/b]
Groudon(from Ruby), Charizard, Pikachu, Vileplume,....haven't come up with all that Im giving up.

[b]Looking to receive:[/b]
Groudon(from Soulsilver), Hitmonchan, Flygon, Porygon,...haven't finished this list either

[/quote]

You should tell me what else you are offering since it isn't finished, I have a Flygon and Porygon/Hitmonchan arn't hard to get

[quote name='Lilt' date='07 July 2010 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1278524508' post='696712']
[b]My only problem is, I wanted to get the event Jirachi on my Platinum game and start over. But I don't think it can be traded? So should I even try to get one on my Platinum?[/b]
[/quote]
Actually, you can trade it. I did. Go ahead! :biggrin: Edited by chibi-master

[b]Yay! Thanks Chibi! :biggrin: Then I just need someone's help to trade. I'm available Friday and next week. I just need to know what someone will want in exchange for helping me trade.

I'll need to trade my Piplup and Jirachi from my Platinum to my HeartGold. I have some Pokémon I wouldn't normally have thanks to that LeafGreen game I got. Is there a way to get Chimchar after I beat Red? Can't you get him from Professor Oak? If so, I'll forget about him until then.[/b] Edited by Lilt

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]You can only get the Kanto and Hoenn starters in HGSS. You get one of the Kanto starters from Professor Oak and one of the Hoenn starters from Stephen at Silph Co.

Also, I'm completely available at any time during the evening. The only thing I would want, potentially, is a version-exclusive, like a Growlithe or a Phanpy.
[/color][/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]You also can't get the starters until you beat Red. Which I need to do, since I also want Steven to help me get Kyogre. :V

Speaking of, whenever I get off my butt and beat Red, has anyone here ever done a soft reset to get a legendary shiny? I've been thinking about that, since I'd like a PAAAAAANK Kyogre, and that's the only legendary I have left that I can get [not counting Entei or Raikou].

One of my friends has also been having incredible luck chaining shinies in D/P/Pl, so I might fire up my Platinum later and see what I can harvest on there.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Haku877' date='07 July 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1278536909' post='696732']
You should tell me what else you are offering since it isn't finished, I have a Flygon and Porygon/Hitmonchan arn't hard to get
[/quote]

Hey I updated my list so if you see anything you want or if there is something you want and its not there I can try to get it for you.