OtakuBoards

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Trading, Discussion and SRS BIZNESS

The Spectacular Professor

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chibi-master' date='07 July 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1278554292' post='696766']
Found a funny comic that I think we can almost all relate to. WARNING: Language
[/quote]

This was amazing. I could only imagine how that conversation went over with Professor Oak and his mom. His mom was like...if you're gonna go climb a mountain, you might as well stay at home. Red is great...I just dont know why they just dont call him Ash...we clearly see that it is.

[quote name='Humaru' date='07 July 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1278553666' post='696764']
Hey I updated my list so if you see anything you want or if there is something you want and its not there I can try to get it for you.
[/quote]

hmmmm, Okay that looks good. I can get you Flygon, Wobbuffet, Chansey, Hitmonchan and others that arn't too hard as well.

What I am looking for is Also a glaceon, but also need chatot, celebi, raichu, and spiritomb(since my pokewalker broke). If not I can use some from the list is they are too hard. Preferebly I like them untrained but thats not too much to worry about. Thanks. hope to hear from you soon =]

[quote name='Haku877' date='08 July 2010 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1278600424' post='696883']
hmmmm, Okay that looks good. I can get you Flygon, Wobbuffet, Chansey, Hitmonchan and others that arn't too hard as well.

What I am looking for is Also a glaceon, but also need chatot, celebi, raichu, and spiritomb(since my pokewalker broke). If not I can use some from the list is they are too hard. Preferebly I like them untrained but thats not too much to worry about. Thanks. hope to hear from you soon =]
[/quote]

If you lost your Spiritomb in your pokewalker, there is a way you can get it back. I had the same problem with my zapdos when my pokewalker got washed in the washing machine. Pokémon can be restored to the game it was taken from if a Pokéwalker is lost or broken by pressing and holding Up, Select, and R at the Pokéwalker connection screen.

Umm....I have a Raichu and its a huge part of my stable but I have another pikachu unleveled that I can use a thunderstone on. Dont really have any of the others. Umm, I will let you know when Im available to trade and stuff.

[quote name='Kei' date='08 July 2010 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1278550691' post='696750']
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]You can only get the Kanto and Hoenn starters in HGSS. You get one of the Kanto starters from Professor Oak and one of the Hoenn starters from Stephen at Silph Co.

Also, I'm completely available at any time during the evening. The only thing I would want, potentially, is a version-exclusive, like a Growlithe or a Phanpy.
[/color][/font]
[/quote]

[b]I'm pretty sure I have both Growlithe and Phanpy. Are there any others you would want?

I should be ready to trade with you next week. I am going to try to get the event Jirachi today or tomorrow. We just need to discuss a time and a day to trade.

Thanks in advance for your help, Kei. :biggrin: [/b]

I just started my Soulsilver over today....I never really got started on it but I feel if I can get far along in this game as well, then I can definitely offer more to myself and others Pokemon-wise. Im thinking of staring over my Leafgreen or Firered or Ruby...that way I can transfer items to my Soulsilver.

[b]I think that sounds like a good idea, Humaru. I already started my LeafGreen over and I am about to do the same with my Platinum.

I need help though with my Medicham move list. Everyone seems to say that a Medicham needs Psycho Cut, but I don't see how it can learn it? :blink:

So does anyone know how to get it to learn Psycho Cut?

Also, here are the moves so far:

Confusion
Hi Jump Kick
Force Palm
Ice Punch

I was thinking of replacing Hi Jump Kick. I know that only gives it one fighting move, but I always seem to hit the 10% and miss with that move. So should I give it Thunder Punch? Calm Mind to raise attack? Or should I use a fighting TM on it?[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='08 July 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1278625393' post='696921']
[b]I think that sounds like a good idea, Humaru. I already started my LeafGreen over and I am about to do the same with my Platinum.

I need help though with my Medicham move list. Everyone seems to say that a Medicham needs Psycho Cut, but I don't see how it can learn it? :blink:

So does anyone know how to get it to learn Psycho Cut?

Also, here are the moves so far:

Confusion
Hi Jump Kick
Force Palm
Ice Punch

I was thinking of replacing Hi Jump Kick. I know that only gives it one fighting move, but I always seem to hit the 10% and miss with that move. So should I give it Thunder Punch? Calm Mind to raise attack? Or should I use a fighting TM on it?[/b]
[/quote]

I think you can get Psycho Cut in a TM to teach your Medicham. I would get rid of Confusion....when you need to kill a pokemon who is strong, Confusion isnt the attack thats gonna do it. As for Thunder Punch or Calm Mind...think about Medicham weakness which would only be Flying really and you have that covered with Ice Punch. I think you leave it with Ice Punch that way you could easily kill dragons. Thats just my opinion. Good luck.

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]For Medicham, Psycho Cut is an Egg Move, so you would have to breed it on to a baby Meditite to actually have it on a Medicham.

As far as moveset, I would think Calm Mind / Psychic / Mind Reader / Hi Jump Kick would be a decent moveset for a Medicham, though you can leave on Ice Punch rather than waste a Heart Scale trying to get Mind Reader back. If you did relearn it, though, Mind Reader gets rid of that 10% miss chance (though that is pretty negligible by the standard) and since Medicham has the odd situation of having its stats staying on even keel with one another (possibly a throw to its type being a blend of spiritual and physical, hurr), you don't have to lean your skill set toward one end of the other.
[/color][/font]

[b]So if I hold onto Ice Punch then, would this be a good move set if I decided to forget about Hi Jump Kick and get some 100% accuracy moves?

Calm Mind
Brick Break
Force Palm
Ice Punch

I like attack moves over moves that you have to use to get ready to attack.[/b]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Looks like a workable moveset to me. Brick Break has the added advantage of removing Reflect/Light Screen, so it's definitely handy. (c wut i did thar?)
[/color][/font]

[quote name='Humaru' date='08 July 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1278618558' post='696909']
If you lost your Spiritomb in your pokewalker, there is a way you can get it back. I had the same problem with my zapdos when my pokewalker got washed in the washing machine. Pokémon can be restored to the game it was taken from if a Pokéwalker is lost or broken by pressing and holding Up, Select, and R at the Pokéwalker connection screen.

Umm....I have a Raichu and its a huge part of my stable but I have another pikachu unleveled that I can use a thunderstone on. Dont really have any of the others. Umm, I will let you know when Im available to trade and stuff.
[/quote]
Oh, I never had spiritomb, my walker broke before I caught one.

Well that sounds fine.

[quote name='Haku877' date='09 July 2010 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1278720054' post='697010']
Oh, I never had spiritomb, my walker broke before I caught one.

Well that sounds fine.
[/quote]

My bad...thought you were saying you had one. And I can take care of that Raichu situation.

To anyone who cares I may be available for trading Tuesday Morning I think. Im really only into trading, no battling. Let me know if you can available at this time.

(Listen to me...I sound like a Gymtrainer telling you when I can battle you again.)

[b]Well, my team to defeat Red is ready! :biggrin: Well, almost. :eyebrow:

Everyone is level 80 now. That should be good enough to beat Red, right?

The only problem is, I don't know how to get Brick Break. Can you only get it from the Battle Frontier? I just barely survived 7 matches in a row and I only got 2 BP. D: If anyone plays Battle Frontier, is there a way to get 2 BP per match at all? (Maybe in the Battle Hall or Castle, etc?)

Thanks for your help guys.[/b]

Well I got my Groudon and some other pokemon. Working on catching Rayquaza now.

And oh...a word of advice. When you want to trade globally, be wary because people out there ask for ridiculous things. I was looking for a simple Houndour and the people wanted things like a level 100 Celebi or Mew. Im thinking to myself...why would anyone give up that kind of thing.

[quote name='Humaru' date='14 July 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1279165704' post='697321']And oh...a word of advice. When you want to trade globally, be wary because people out there ask for ridiculous things. I was looking for a simple Houndour and the people wanted things like a level 100 Celebi or Mew. Im thinking to myself...why would anyone give up that kind of thing.
[/quote]

Hasn't this been answered like 5 times already? It's because they're likely cloning.

[b]If it was a Haunter or something that you were looking for on the GTS, I would say it's because they're trying to evolve it. However, since it's a Houndour I think they're just hoping someone will fall for a trade like that. I don't see why anyone would though.

It does get annoying though, since I can't always get on the GTS to trade. So when I see trades like ones for that Houndour, it wastes all of the time I had to trade.

Also, is anyone available to trade in the next week or so? I still need to transfer some Pokémon from Platinum. Just let me know what you want okay? Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

Oh yeah, and does anyone ever play the Battle Frontier?[/b]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I'm always available to trade, though I'm usually not around until the eveningtime.

Also, I tried out the Battle Frontier once and did fairly well, but I don't go there too terribly often.
[/color][/font]

[b]Night trading would work fine for me, but my wifi network is set up wrong. :o So I have to go somewhere during the day or afternoon to connect. I missed out on the event Jirachi anyways. I at least got one, but I didn't get one for Platinum. So I might just forget about trading my Turtwig and start a new game. :sick: Unless someone still wants to trade but only if they need some Pokémon from me.

Thanks by the way Kei. I just need to figure out if I should forget about the Battle Frontier and fight Red without Brick Break or not. My team is ready besides that one move.[/b]

Ahh just checking in on the world of Heartgold and Soulsilver. Trading has become a hassle tome, I have to get a wireless connection in my house soon.

Im thinking of trading my Hitmontop over to my Soulsilver that way I can have a super awesome Fighting type and my Houndour as well. I need a great fire type that way I can train it to be a beast. My Vulpix is cool and all but I wont have a firestone for quite some time so he will just be a Vulpix forever which means he wont be as strong as I want him to be.

As for legendary pokemon I finally caught all of the dogs, birds, and Latias. Im still working on catching Rayquaza and Lugia. I know, I should have caught Lugia a long time ago but I just didnt go to the whirlpool islands.

By the way, does anyone know when Baoba will call you for the second task...I fell like Ive been roaming around forever waiting on the second task. He is really halting my pokedex completion.

[quote name='chibi-master' date='29 July 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1280456868' post='698254']
Just thought I'd share this with y'all...

Language warning.
[/quote]

He did get 10 and most of them aren't the 8 everyone has to get. Gary would be "that guy."

I haven't played HG/SS in a while (I've actually been trying to get through Pearl on a Nuzlocke challenge) but this is relevant. [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/44547-arianas-story/"]I'M WRITING A STORY.[/url]

That's right, "story." I'm not going to accept any other term for what it is I'm working on. Edited by Tonks

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Just popping in to make sure everyone's aware of [url="http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PAL,_North_American_Enigma_Stone_distribution_announced"]the Enigma Stone distribution event[/url] going on right now for HG/SS. You get the Enigma Stone over the Nintendo WFC, take it to Steven at the Pewter City museum, and it'll allow you to get Latios [HG] or Latias [SS]. It's at level 40, and will stay in front of the museum until you defeat it or catch it, so you don't have to worry about it taking off like its sibling.[/font][/color]