OtakuBoards

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Trading, Discussion and SRS BIZNESS

The Spectacular Professor

[b]Thanks for the update, Sangome. I'll definitely check thatt one out. It's a lot better than hoping to run into Latios. (Who is in your signature by the way? It looks like a combination of .Hack and a Vocaloid.)

Anyways, I really want to fight Red soon. My team has been sitting and waiting impatiently to fight him. Do you guys think I can take his Snorlax down without Brick Break though? If not, does anyone have any good strategies to get battle points easily? The only other way I can think of getting it is by picking up the TM in Platinum. Can Pokémon hold onto TM's though during trades?[/b] Edited by Lilt

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lilt' date='05 August 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1281028622' post='698911']
[b]Anyways, I really want to fight Red soon. My team has been sitting and waiting impatiently to fight him. Do you guys think I can take his Snorlax down without Brick Break though? If not, does anyone have any good strategies to get battle points easily? The only other way I can think of getting it is by picking up the TM in Platinum. Can Pokémon hold onto TM's though during trades?[/b]
[/quote]
Brick Break is a very powerful Fighting Type move, which would be really effective against Snorlax, so, yes. I believe that Pokemon can hold onto TMs during trades. I know mine did.

I decided to replace my Infernape, Athena, with my Typhlosion, Jedidiah~! Edited by chibi-master

Also, for those of us in Japan or with a Japanese cartridge, there's a Manaphy event starting August 14. [url="http://pokebeach.com/2010/08/manaphy-download-event-at-japanese-mcdonalds-new-victini-attack"]There's also some shenanigans about a Ticket for Victini.[/url]

[quote name='Lilt' date='05 August 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1281028622' post='698911']
[b] (Who is in your signature by the way? It looks like a combination of .Hack and a Vocaloid.)[/b]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Heh, it's [url="http://www.legends-station.com/?page=mml2/ch-yuna"]Yuna[/url] from Megaman Legends 2.

I hope we get the Manaphy event here. I have a hacked one on my Pearl, but it'd be nice to have a legit one. Though Phione eggs take FOREVER to hatch. *remembers the horror*[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]It's not at GameStop. It's a Nintendo WFC event. You download it directly onto your DS from a regular wifi connection, whether that's at home, school, etc.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Sangome' date='05 August 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1281058905' post='698950']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]It's not at GameStop. It's a Nintendo WFC event. You download it directly onto your DS from a regular wifi connection, whether that's at home, school, etc.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Ah, I see... I really need to find a place with wifi somewhere... -_-

i started a new game today... (of course i transferred over my star pokemon to my pearl game)

i think i will bring my ds with me every time i get in the car with someone else and see how long it takes me to beat the game.
also this:[attachment=14866:would-you-go-out-with-me.jpg]

[quote name='Citric' date='13 August 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1281725779' post='699347']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awxw80SWKI8[/media]

This is pretty [i]special[/i].
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Secret Disney Channel Genetic Engineering Lab confirmed. Seriously, the older they get, the more Zac Efron-like their faces become.

I just wish the script and acting direction weren't clearly terrible in this commercial they're supposed to be shooting. Something like this might actually convince me to like them.[/font] Edited by NeedMoarRope

• 2 months later...
lol bump

Anyway, I barely got this, myself, and I'm in the Ilex Forest right now, after having burned Bugsy's bugs to death and kicked my rival's ass for the second time. Really enjoying the improved graphics and remixed music -- the music in particular sounds really cool.

My team at the moment:

Lv. 18 Quilava
Lv. 15 Flaafy
Lv. 14 Geodude
Lv. 13 Gastly
Lv. 12 Bellsprout
Lv. 6 Togepi

EDIT: Beat Whitney, yay! Tough battle, though. Her Miltank didn't use Rollout, but it [i]did[/i] Stomp the hell out of me the whole time. Thankfully my Geodude was tough enough to withstand that barrage.

Current team:

Lv. 20 Quilava
Lv. 17 Machop
Lv. 17 Flaafy
Lv. 16 Geodude
Lv. 16 Kadabra
Lv. 15 Gastly

EDIT: Annnnnnd now Heart Gold has sucked my life away to the point where I'm almost finished with the Johto portion of the game. Just have to kick Team Rocket out of Goldenrod, defeat Clair (which I don't think I ever did in the original game) and take on the Elite Four ... oh, and get Ho-Oh, of course. But that comes a bit later ...

Anyway, my team at the moment:

Lv. 37 Typhlosion
Lv. 36 Kadabra
Lv. 35 Ampharos
Lv. 33 Gyarados
Lv. 32 Graveler
Lv. 27 Haunter

[b]Yay for a new player! XD

I missed this thread actually.

I've just used the Pokéwalker recently. I need to stop walking my Pokémon and actually start battling again. I just get addicted to trying to unlock the new Pokéwalker routes sometimes.[/b]

ATTN Everyone: You can get Mew from the Nintendo WFC now. Just do Mystery Gift and tada.

I just picked up the game for the first time in months yesterday. I found myself in Celadon City so I figured I might as well beat Erika. She ended up being rather tough. What's weird is that her Tangela gave me the hardest time--that's not really a Pokemon you'd expect to have trouble with. I ended up just Ice Punching everyone with my level 61 Tyranitar, who actually got knocked out by Tangela's Giga Drain at one point. Yikes. Edited by Tonks

[b]Wow, I wish I found out about this sooner. :wacko:

Today is the only day I can get that Mew! I wonder if it's worth getting. :pout: (I have to travel to get to a wifi spot and it's outdoors so it wiill be cold.)

I already have a Mew from a LeafGreen Pokémon game I bought, but I'm not sure how the original owner got his. :sweatdrop:

What do you guys think? Is this worth the trouble?[/b]

Oh hey, I don't have to pull the edit/delete post/repost trick again. :P

So I beat Clair on the first try (which shocked me, since I thought she would curb stomp me), but after that the game decided to take me down a page by having the Kimono Girls destroy me. It wasn't even all of them, actually; I never got to Flareon, because Umbreon and Espeon murdered me. After that, I did a crapton of level grinding and glided my way through them earlier today. (Ampharos' Signal Beam against Umbreon works wonders.) Huzzah! Now to Ho-Oh! But I won't actually capture it until after I get home from work tonight, since then I'll have access to the Dusk Balls. :D

Current team:

Lv. 42 Typhlosion
Lv. 43 Ampharos
Lv. 41 Alakazam
Lv. 43 Golem
Lv. 41 Gyarados
Lv. 40 Gengar