OtakuBoards

Anyone here from 2001-ish?

KittyLynn

Sometimes I wish that the weird forces pulling all the strings in the universe would make all the old members look at this website at the same time and, realizing we were all here together again, within a week we'd be dusting off AIM, changing the board back to vBulletin (and remembering how to use vB code) with a big blue column on the left side of a white background, pretending we're in Kill Bill, listening to Apocalypse Hoboken, commenting on comments on myO, messing around on a dozen little sites made for us by Tony (Orange Lazarus, anyone?), making very long collaborative digital images, holding contests, having strange and turbulent long-distance relationships, writing letters to each other, and being the only people we were comfortable talking to about the shit that mattered in our lives.

But since we're all busy and much different now, I can settle for just saying hi and hoping some of you will pop into this thread in a month or twenty and say hi back.

I meant to reply to this a long time ago and then completely forgot but I agree completely (well, except for moving back to vBulletin - that changeover was not a fun process). It's awesome to see people coming back and saying hello but it would definitely be a lot of fun to have some sort of more formal reunion. Who knows? Maybe that can actually happen someday.

Sometimes I wish that the weird forces pulling all the strings in the universe would make all the old members look at this website at the same time and, realizing we were all here together again, within a week we'd be dusting off AIM, changing the board back to vBulletin (and remembering how to use vB code) with a big blue column on the left side of a white background, pretending we're in Kill Bill, listening to Apocalypse Hoboken, commenting on comments on myO, messing around on a dozen little sites made for us by Tony (Orange Lazarus, anyone?), making very long collaborative digital images, holding contests, having strange and turbulent long-distance relationships, writing letters to each other, and being the only people we were comfortable talking to about the **** that mattered in our lives.

But since we're all busy and much different now, I can settle for just saying hi and hoping some of you will pop into this thread in a month or twenty and say hi back.

Word. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

[kuja] Oh wow, I remember y'all! Lay M, Adams Angels! Now that's a blast from the past!

*wonders if BabyGirl still frequents the forum*

This forum sure has changed a lot, it's more like Twitter now, with all the status updates, colorful labels and

social media focus, it's pretty cool...

Sorry for being a dick the last time I was here... I've been booted for a while, lost all my history, guess I deserved that. I'm a different person now, :D and I don't lose my rag over silly little things such as getting relieved as a "super mod." Do you still call them that? There seems to be a slew of new features and user labels to get my head around. LOLed at Jame's OB Royalty... Nice!

I like this little  tongue-in-cheek forum style tags named after me that mimics my old post style, although I do not know why it wont cover my whole post. I've put the tags around the whole post! Oh well, probably wont use it anyway... [/kuja]

Oh, it looks like the HTML that the kuja tag inserts isn't fully compatible with the way IPB formats posts. vB just used line breaks for returns, so applying the styling to a span worked, but IPB uses paragraphs which break the span and makes the styling only apply to the first line.

[kuja]I like this little  tongue-in-cheek forum style tags named after me that mimics my old post style, although I do not know why it wont cover my whole post. I've put the tags around the whole post! Oh well, probably wont use it anyway... [/kuja]

As Des said, the issue was the use of a span tag. I just updated it to use a div instead and it now appears to be working properly!

â??Also, just because I was curious if I could do it, it seems I successfully associated all of your old posts with your new account.

[kuja] 

Sorry for being a dick the last time I was here... I've been booted for a while, lost all my history, guess I deserved that. I'm a different person now, :D and I don't lose my rag over silly little things such as getting relieved as a "super mod." Do you still call them that? There seems to be a slew of new features and user labels to get my head around. LOLed at Jame's OB Royalty... Nice!

[/kuja]

Hey kuji. ;-)

I think we were all very different. Things used to seem so much bigger - and I guess they were at one stage! I remember when I'd log into OB each day and find dozens (and, at times, well over a hundred) new posts across the forums. It really did feel like OB was a big community, but not as painfully big as a 4chan or something like that.

As it is, I never really got into message boards much after OB. I post occasionally on AppleInsider, but that's about it. I used to post on Steam User Forums, but now the Half-Life area has died down so much that I don't really bother anymore.

OB was really the only place that had that really unique mix of topics (everything from political debate to video games to RPGs). :)

It's good to see some people still around. Although, there are a few people who just disappeared and I've always wondered what happened to them...

I'm not a newbie or an oldie just a tag along from '06, but maaaaaaan I do remember how I would anxiously hop back and forth from this site and my actual school work etc. When I remember what was going on in my life back then all I can say is this. Holy sh*t, Batman.

The OB will always have a soft spot in my cold, dark, little heart.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, another year, another post... :D

I think there's no chance of resurrecting OtakuBoards to anything like its former glory; maybe I was just trying to create some sort of discussion (and navel-gazing has always been popular at OB - maybe that's my fault!)

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year.

I miss you all.

BWAHAHA! After 10,000 years I'm free! Time to troll... ah forget it.
Yeah, I was here back in the Early 2000's. I went by MaxSonic, and I got banned mutiple times. I had multiple accounts, trolled people, and had a weird or just immature sense of humor. I WAS good at writing stories, although I would occasionally do a humerous one featuring board members. I'm sure I was a thorn in James side quite often. Btw, do you still like Jet Set Radio James?
Anyways, I came back shortly during college after James erased all the banned accounts, and I've mellowed out since then. So don't worry, I will keep trolling at bay.