OtakuBoards

Pokemon Black & Pokemon White

Katie!

[img]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1402/tumblrl0lrn8u7xl1qa6wva.png[/img]

okok, in all seriousness;

[url=http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/45775585.html#cutid1]Info and Japanese movie trailer here[/url] with screenshots [url=http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml]here[/url].

Pretty sure I jizzed in my pants.

[B]ETA #1[/B]:
[img]http://images.plurk.com/5064043_1fc8b20ead4e9879282546cc2b6859a9.jpg[/img]

new alleged pogeygirl

[B]ETA #2[/B]:
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/wkajb.jpg[/img]

more speculated designs. none of these are official.

[B]ETA #3[/B]:
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/Cubed316/1271097144428.png[/img]

this is official looking. too bad it's not official.

[b]ETA #4[/b]:
[url=http://pokebeach.com/2010/04/clearer-game-screenshots-of-pokemon-black-and-white]Cleaner screen shots[/url].

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Man Game Freak really doesn't waste any time on these games, huh?

What I've always secretly wanted was some sort of Pokemon game where you could explore all the worlds that are currently available (Kanto, Sinnoh, Johto and Hoenn) in one GIANT Pokemon experience. Of course, some Pokemon would be indigenous to certain places, but I think it'd be like a grand scale Pokemon game.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]To be fair, it's been quite awhile since we've had a [i]new[/i] region to run around in, to the point where some honestly wondered if there'd even [i]be[/i] a Gen V. But I digress.

I'm excited. <3 I like that they're going back to basic colors, it gives it a nostalgic, but also mysterious feel at the same time. And just looking at those screenshots makes me all the more eager. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Yeah, totally Photoshopped [same pose as Kotone/Lyra, and the outline of the feet and arms look rough, as if it was cut out of something bigger], but that's a good interpretation of what she might look like. I'm excited to see the official Sugimori art, either way. <3[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Citric'][img]http://images.plurk.com/5064043_1fc8b20ead4e9879282546cc2b6859a9.jpg[/img]

this is the new *alleged* pokegirl. I'll go gay for her.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh gosh, this is a welcome sight after Lyra. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate her, but she lost huge points for replacing Kris and I still can't get over her stupid hat.

Finally, a new Pokégirl I might actually play as.

...What? Plenty of people do it.

EDIT:

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Yeah, totally Photoshopped [same pose as Kotone/Lyra, and the outline of the feet and arms look rough, as if it was cut out of something bigger], but that's a good interpretation of what she might look like. I'm excited to see the official Sugimori art, either way. <3[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

To be fair, according to the CoroCoro scans on Serebii and Bulbapedia, her sprite looks a LOT like that, so even assuming that is a photoshop, it's probably a pretty good representation of what she actually looks like.[/FONT]

[quote name='Citric'][img]http://images.plurk.com/5064043_1fc8b20ead4e9879282546cc2b6859a9.jpg[/img]

this is the new *alleged* pokegirl. I'll go gay for her.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Sorry, I don't play Pokemon games, but this comment caught me all off guard.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]and I still can't get over her stupid hat.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]... I like the hat. D: I don't care if I'm one of the two people in the universe that like it. ;_;[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To be fair, according to the CoroCoro scans on Serebii and Bulbapedia, her sprite looks a LOT like that, so even assuming that is a photoshop, it's probably a pretty good representation of what she actually looks like.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Isn't that basically what I said? :animeswea

Oh, I just noticed, but the male PC is in those shots, too, just not as close up as the female trainer is.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Magus'][font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Sorry, I don't play Pokemon games, but this comment caught me all off guard.[/font][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Me too, mainly since the player characters in these games are modeled after the builds of 10/11/12-year-old Japanese kids. :D[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh gosh, this is a welcome sight after Lyra. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate her, but she lost huge points for replacing Kris and [B]I still can't get over her stupid hat[/B].[/FONT][/QUOTE]

*high five* It almost made me choose the male character. Almost.

This is welcome to me! If it means I get more new Pokeymanz, Nintendo may continue its steady draining of my wallet.

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]... I like the hat. D: I don't care if I'm one of the two people in the universe that like it. ;_;[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

#2, reporting for duty! *salutes*

But yeah, Pokemon B&W, I'm liking what I've seen so far. The screenshots are real interesting; looks like they're going for a full-on 3D perspective now.

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=1]... I like the hat. D: I don't care if I'm one of the two people in the universe that like it. ;_;[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]
I like it too, but its still a tru statement because i'm not really a person.

and i think the new girl looks too much like dawn.

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"] I like that one better than the first pic, although I'd probably slap the vest from the first pic onto the second one.

One thing that mildly amuses me for whatever reason is the fact that the male PC has his hat on backwards, while the female PC has hers on normal. And that, either way, it looks like they're going for the typical [COLOR="Blue"]blue for boy[/COLOR] and [COLOR="Magenta"]pink for girl[/COLOR] scheme...which they kinda did for Lucas and Dawn, though Dawn didn't have as nearly as much pink as these speculated designs do.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Oh dear God that hair (on the male), and the fact he appears to have his pants tucked into his boots.

Surely it wouldn't be that difficult to actually give players the option of what their player would look like ? Like proper customisation.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]That would be an interesting change of pace from the normal female design if it turned out to be real. Not sure I like it as much as the other possible interpretations so far, though.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Citric']The Pokemon girls stopped looking 10 since Kris.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]In other words, they never [I]did[/I] look 10.

Which I agree with, but this one even less so. I'd mark her at a little less than Clair's age, maybe about 16-18.

By comparison, I'd say May from Ruby and Sapphire looks to be between 13 and 15.

EDIT: You know, it just occurred to me. If that's really the final design, maybe the older look is an indicator that the Player Character this time around is a college student. It be a much easier way of justifying their random association with the region's top Pokémon researcher. What if you're the student of the Professor in this one, and he assigns you a starter pokémon as part of an extracurricular research activity you've volunteered for? The college itself could teach classes about several different pokémon-related activities/potential careers, such as battling, breeding and contests. The Gym Challenge would be a different class assignment, though the Professor would use it as an excuse to have you monitor the growth of your starter.

Thoughts? Probably won't happen, but I think it's an interesting concept.[/FONT]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I'm sorry if I'm being a killjoy, but I doubt that's legitimate. I've seen that trick done before -- just whip up a convincing-looking magazine scan, print it out, laminate it, and scan/take a picture of it to make it look like it's from a magazine. An artist on DA did the exact same thing with a fake picture of an alleged Forme of Shaymin's [before the actual Forme was released], and nearly everyone thought it was real [and when I mean "everyone", I mean sites like [i]Serebii and Bulbapedia[/i] posted it as news] until she came out and admitted it was a prank. I'm just going to hold out until we get something that's confirmed to be from something like CoroCoro [which is where the initial screenshot scans came from, as well as most other Pokemon info has come from].

Although I was discussing something similar earlier -- I'd really love it if this game had a child/adult option in addition to gender options. Game Freak is well aware of the older demographic that plays these games, especially since a majority of them were children [and thus, the original demographic] when the series was first released. Plus, I'd just feel more involved in the game if the character was around my age instead of...like, ten.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh, trust me, I'm taking this with just as many grains of salt as you are, Gome. It wouldn't be the first time I've fallen for a similar convincing fake, and I don't even mean the Shaymin thing.

Still, no reason I can't participate in wild and cuh-razy theorizing about potentially awesome plots. :D[/FONT]