OtakuBoards

Pokemon Black & Pokemon White

Katie!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1301755748' post='706203']
So, yeah, Im the champion and I'm tracking down the Seven Sages right now.

I love my new Zekrom. His name is Rex.
[/quote]

[b]So have you visited Dark City/White Forest? (Which version are you the champion on by the way?)

Also, do you have any extra Gothitas laying around?

I'm in Icirrus City and trying to get motivated to beat the next Gym leader. D:[/b]

White forest made me sad, I really had my heart set on a Ralts but when I got there it was all empty, I guess I need to use the Entralink garbage to get some grass in my forest :( .

I totally have a Gothita that I'm done with, I wouldn't mind trading it to you.

I just beat Cynthia for the first time with these dudes...

Volcarona lv. 68 (I didn't use the one you can catch at level 70 because this one has a better nature)
Kingdra lv. 71
Lapras lv. 69
Dragonite lv. 71
Emolga lv. 70
Escavalier lv. 67

I think I might be ready to challenge the Elite Four again and fight Alder.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]So, I was on Marvelous Bridge, right? Decided to buy the Magikarp from the seller there since I hadn't yet. I hadn't planned on using it outside of Pokedex filling, so I bought it, named it "Derp", and went about my merry way.

I went back to Nimbasa, and deposited him, not really expecting to hear from him again. Then I looked back down to exit out of the screen.

Then I did a double take to make sure I wasn't daydreaming.

...my Magikarp was gold.

[center][img]http://i51.tinypic.com/33f3t5g.png[/img][/center]

Y'know...I had been wanting a shiny in B/W since I knew so many people were running into them, but I didn't ever think I'd have one literally [i]handed[/i] to me in-game. Sure, it's a Magikarp, but it's a freakin' shiny one! I dun' care, man. And to be the one I have to buy? I'm...still kind of flabbergasted. really.

Though I feel bad for naming him Derp now. Ah well.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Yep. Because of that, I'm not gonna evolve it; G/S/C/HG/SS has the mandatory encounter red Gyarados, and I don't want it to get confused with that. Ironic that I wouldn't let a Magikarp of all things evolve, but hey. XD[/font][/color]

Congrats on the shiny. I've totally ran into two shiny pokemon in my experience, a Geodude in Platinum and a shiny Metapod in the original Gold version, but it doesn't do me any good since I can't trade it off. Edited by Lawliet

My team is beautiful!

Samuel the Emboar
McMuffin the Stoutland
Minipete the Emolga
Inglip the Reuniclus
Dahveed the Swanna
Tateq the Scolipede

Also, I just got a Zorua named Gizmo. I caught the Victini as well and named her Angie since her ears remind me of Angelica's hairstyle from Rugrats.

Also, Zero Punctuation review of Pokemon White: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3008-Pokemon-White
[color="#FF0000"][size="4"]MAJOR LANGUAGE WARNING DO NOT BLAME ME IF YOUR EARS ARE ASSAULTED PLEASE[/size][/color] Edited by chibi-master

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I've actually caught a Shiny Drilbur and a Shiny Drifblim in Black. I guess I have Super Luck. *shot*

Anyway, as I mentioned before, I'm in metagame and I love playing Breeder, so if anyone would like me to breed something for them, just let me know. I'm still working on selection variety (read: still catching more Pokemon), but I should be able to get hold of whatever you like (provided they aren't White-exclusive) and get it to you. Though I should add that all bred Pokemon will be Lv. 1 upon arrival.
[/color][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]In regards to the whole Gym Leader Tournament, we have interest. White's gone AWOL again, so if he's not inclined/can't run it, I'll take over the helm.

I'm just going to set the basics here now from what I know. I may make a separate thread, if this really takes off.

All Pokémon used have to be Lv. 50. Everybody picks a type and will be randomly assigned a number (hopefully, we'll get an even number. Either that, or someone'll get a pass.) Teams have to be registered (i.e. posted, though movesets do not have to be) and can't be changed at all once the tournament begins.

Types claimed so far in Singles tournament: Dark (Professor), Flying (myself), Fire (Gavin), Water (Lawliet).
[/color][/font][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Types claimed so far in Doubles tournament: None.[/color][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]
If you've started training, let me know and I'll update the post to reflect that.
[/color][/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]White also said we could have doubles, so more than one person can claim a type, just as a reminder.

I'll try to get a hold on this soon, provided my DS cooperates with my internet. Still trying to decide on Ghost or Psychic; probably going to go with the latter.

In the event that I can't do this, though, I'll still whip up some sprites for you like you asked, once I find some good bases. I already have some VS Sprite bases handy, so that'll help.[/font][/color]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I've not yet completed the game but will be competing in this, so dibs on Fire.

Also thanks to Kei I now have all three starters, both fossils and Zoroa available for breeding, so if anyone wants one let me know and I'll sort it out.[/size][/font]

Is the flat rule not going to be used to bump down pokemon that are higher than level 50? I only ask because I've started training my team already and my Kingdra, Lapras, and Milotic are all over that level, the latter two were caught in their 60's. Also, I might have wanted to trade over some pokemon from HeartGold and they are all definitely all over level 50. Breeding them and raising their babies wouldn't be to terrible. Anyways, you can put me down for water type pokemon.

I was thinking, if the number of participants aren't divisible by four then couldn't we do like a round robin tournament and then the finals be between the two or four people that got the most wins out of the round robin part? Anyways just spit balling some ideas. I'm kinda excited about this, I've done a tournament where you could only use pokemon that were the same color, but I have never done one where you can only use pokemon of one type.

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]The thing with Flat Rules (which I found out after doing a little more reading) is that with Single Battles, you can only bring three Pokemon in and with Double Battles, you can only bring four. Since I'm under the belief that everyone would like to battle with a full six-on-six roster (which seems more fun to me, anyway), we'll have to use the normal battle method, which means that people will have to raise their teams to 50 and just keep them there.

Also, round robin is an option, but we need to see how many people sign up first. As for a time line, I am thinking that doing this in Spring is better (read: next month). If it's really successful, I don't see why this can't happen every year in game (every four months here in the real world).
[/color][/font]

[b]I can't actually participate in the tournament thanks to not having a compatible wi-fi connection, but I'll be cheering for you guys on the sidelines.

Also I might make my type team and post it here just for fun.[/b]

[b]The Global Link is that thing we need for the Entralink and the whole Dream World thing right?

Or is it just the Global Pokémon trading system?

And has anyone tried out Black City or White Forest so far?[/b]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Entralink can only be used with DSes nearby, and the GTS has always been up. So yeah, it's what we need to get into the Dream World.

Which still hasn't happened for me yet. Fennel keeps telling me that my registration is still being processed...and I signed up, like, three hours ago. I guess it's bogged down at the moment.

And I tried Black City, but there's unfortunately few people there on my end, and few items for sale. I'd try to rope more people in, but I don't have anyone I can link with at present, so.[/font][/color]

[color="#FF0000"]Is it a bad thing that I've lost any motivation to play? I don't know why, but now I put Black into my DS, turn it on, play it for about five minutes, then just stop .-.

My team is now an anti-Flying team (I'm on my way to the sixth Gym). Granted, I have to get through Chargestone Cave first. AND raise up the new Pokemon I caught in said cave so they can actually fight without getting KOed in one hit. Thankfully I have the Lucky Egg now, so that wont be so bad.

[b]Edokun[/b]-Samurrot, level 37. Not made of as much death as I'd like it to be, but oh well.

[b]Ricola[/b]-Gigalith, level 31. Not much work needed for him, although I kind of want to put him back in the PC- he'll be useless against Skyla's Swanna.

[b]Junior[/b]- Conkeldurr, level 32. Again, not much is needed for him.

[b]Giru[/b]- Klink, level 25. I probably wont use him again after I get the sixth badge, except maybe to evolve him for Pokedex filling reasons.

[b]Zebb[/b]- Zebstrika, level 28. I wasn't planning on using him much after this Gym, but since he's evolved, my opinion on that has changed.

[b]Tiny[/b]- Tynamo, level 27. I just found out he eventually evolves into Elektross. Problem is, I REALLY don't want to wait until he hits level 69 to learn Zap Cannon to use a Thunderstone on him, so he'll probably rot in my PC until after beating [s]Ghetsis[/s] the Elite Four. [/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1302646408' post='706482']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Entralink can only be used with DSes nearby, and the GTS has always been up. So yeah, it's what we need to get into the Dream World.

Which still hasn't happened for me yet. Fennel keeps telling me that my registration is still being processed...and I signed up, like, three hours ago. I guess it's bogged down at the moment..[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[b]Okay, I haven't checked the GTS so I wasn't sure. It sucks about the Dream World though. It's understandable though, with everything going on, that it would be bogged up.

I'll never be able to use the Entralink then. My White Forest will be so empty. XD[/b]

[quote name='Anise' timestamp='1302708995' post='706518']
[color="#FF0000"]Is it a bad thing that I've lost any motivation to play? I don't know why, but now I put Black into my DS, turn it on, play it for about five minutes, then just stop .-.[/color]
[/quote]

[b]No, I don't think it's bad. The same thing happened to me after beating the sixth gym. I was right in front of a really easy gym (the seventh gym, the ice one,) and even with all of those weaknesses making it easy for me to get the seventh gym badge I just couldn't get motivated to play.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but this is the first gen that I've lost my motivation on. And not even because I got stuck or anything.

I was fine with Platinum, HeartGold and LeafGreen, but this is the first time it's happened. So it's not just you, Anise.

I'm not saying it's Black And White's fault either though since it's been a lot of fun so far. I'm just wondering where the motivation went I guess. XD[/b]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I had the same thing happen too Anise with exactly the same gym. Managed about 90 minutes this morning which is the most I've played in about a week, think I'm getting my groove back.

Also cool news about the Global Link, been looking forward to planting some berries.[/size][/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]So my Dream World experience for the past nearly 48 hours can be summed up as this

[center][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/df83es.jpg[/img][/center]

But now I can sum it up as this

[center][img]http://i55.tinypic.com/2d0cqxu.jpg[/img][/center]

;_______________; <3333333333333

However, I won't be able to actually play until later...it doesn't start the countdown until you actually click continue, right? But even so, at least I know I can actually get IN now. ;n;[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome