OtakuBoards

Pokemon Black & Pokemon White

Katie!

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1302784911' post='706564']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]
However, I won't be able to actually play until later...it doesn't start the countdown until you actually click continue, right? But even so, at least I know I can actually get IN now. ;n;[/font][/color]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah, it shouldn't actually start the countdown until you click continue. Quick tip, once you finally get in, you're going to have about five berries to start with. You're gonna wanna plant three of those right away, but be sure to save one, or else you can't get any special pokeymans from the Island of Dreams.

As for losing motivation to play games, I do that with almost every RPG I pick up. It took me a month and a half to actually beat [b]Chrono Trigger[/b] after finally getting to the endgame.[/font]

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Quick question guys, does anyone know if there's any kind of system in B/W to allow you to upload your saves ? Housemate/ex-girlfriend is getting seriously into it on my copy of Black and there seems to be some conflicting info out there.[/size][/font]

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1302810849' post='706570']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah, it shouldn't actually start the countdown until you click continue. Quick tip, once you finally get in, you're going to have about five berries to start with. You're gonna wanna plant three of those right away, but be sure to save one, or else you can't get any special pokeymans from the Island of Dreams.

As for losing motivation to play games, I do that with almost every RPG I pick up. It took me a month and a half to actually beat [b]Chrono Trigger[/b] after finally getting to the endgame.[/font]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]A'ight, I'll keep that in mind. I've not actually gone in yet, but I'll be doing so here soon.

And yup, I'm the same way with games, especially RPGs as well. It's not that I lose interest, though...I just get horribly lazy.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Gavin' timestamp='1302811767' post='706571']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Quick question guys, does anyone know if there's any kind of system in B/W to allow you to upload your saves ? Housemate/ex-girlfriend is getting seriously into it on my copy of Black and there seems to be some conflicting info out there.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Technically, the Pokemon Global Link consists of you uploading your save file, but it doesn't let you actually play the file directly. So if she's wanting to play her own game, she's gonna have to go out and get her own, unless you don't mind having your data overwritten. =P[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1302812610' post='706572']=[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Technically, the Pokemon Global Link consists of you uploading your save file, but it doesn't let you actually play the file directly. So if she's wanting to play her own game, she's gonna have to go out and get her own, unless you don't mind having your data overwritten. =P[/font][/color][/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Heh I figured as much, oh well. Might get her a copy for as a present or something.[/size][/font]

So, it is finally my first term holidays which means I can actually get time to play pokemon black.....and also considering I finally have my DS working again is just a good bonus. But sadly I only have one gym badge and I'm currently going for the second, [s]I only really started it tonight[/s].

My team so far consists of

Snivy- lvl 14
Sawk- lvl 15
Panpour- lvl 14
Purrloin- lvl 5
Pidove- lvl 12
Patrat- lvl 10

And here is my friend code if anyone wants it. 0089 2562 5095

[quote name='Gavin' timestamp='1302872537' post='706593']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Don't bother with Purrloin Midget, it's a terrible 'mon all round. TBH unless you're keeping the others to evolve them I'd drop Pidove and Patrat too.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]This is sad but true. I started the game with a Purrloin named Happy whom I loved to death (especially since I knew what the evolved form looked like). Unfortunately he's about as useful as a Metapod without tackle. Especially later on.[/font][/color]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Yep, caught one myself thinking "Wow, a Dark type this early ? Must be like Poochena from Sapphire. Awesome." A hour levelling it in vain so that it could take more than two tackles from a Pokemon half its level and dish out enough to faint said half-level in the interim made me check Google to see if it would get any better and then promptly box it. [/size][/font]

[B]I'm glad that I stopped training my Purrloin early then. I thought she fainted too often and never wanted to learn any good moves.

[s]Also, this off-topic but can anyone help me trade some Pokémon from Platinum to HeartGold?[/s]

Nevermind, found someone. ^^[/B] Edited by Lilt

[center][img]http://i54.tinypic.com/25slgua.jpg[/img][/center]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Found this while traipsing around the Dream World earlier. If you're randomly reading this [I blotted out your name for privacy], you're awesome. I just wanted to throw that out there.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

The only thing I am going to use the dream world for is getting a pokemon with its hidden ability every day. I don't really like the mini games and don't care about growing berries and decorating a house. Also its annoying that you can only log in once every 24 hours instead of once daily (like the swarms). I first got one last night at 11pm and then had to wait the entire day today to get one and snag another pokemon. That means that if I want my dreamworld to unlock at a decent time I have to skip a day which means I have to skip a free pokemon!

Anyways, did anyone else do the Eevee event thing on the Global Link website? I guess if you play the mini game (brick break) and beat all four levels you get one of the Eeveelution that you can send over to your game. I was wondering if anyone knew when they were giving those out? I got Espeon and when I checked its hidden ability I was super happy! Yah for Magic Bounce! Jolteon and Vaporeon also have decent hidden abilities, but the other ones are kinda blah imo. Edited by Lawliet

I've been pretty slow lately, so I'm just now getting to the final gym leader lol. Been training my team a bit, and hopefully I'm strong enough to take him down, but we'll see. My team right now is pretty good, although I'll probably shift Reshiram in for one of the others once I catch that. We'll see how it goes.

The team right now ...

Lv. 43 Samurott (Katsushiro)
Lv. 42 Druddigon (Escaflowne)
Lv. 40 Litwick (Mr. Orbach)
Lv. 40 Sawk (Bruce Lee)
Lv. 40 Archeops (Gogo Dodo)
Lv. 39 Zebstrika (Wrath)

Pretty happy with my team as it is. My favorite might be the Archeops -- strong attack, solid defense, fast as hell, good mix of attacks. Really good Pokemon.

EDIT: OK, I kicked Drayden's ass, and I'm now preparing for the Elite Four ... my Pokemon are a bit underleveled, though, so I'll do a bit more grinding beforehand. I'll probably get 'em all to at least Lv. 48.

The team!

Lv. 48 Samurott
Lv. 45 Druddigon
Lv. 44 Lampent (I might evolve it soon since I have the Shadow Ball TM and gave it Fire Blast, so it already has a couple of kickass fire attacks)
Lv. 44 Archeops
Lv. 43 Sawk
Lv. 42 Zebstrika Edited by Shinmaru

• 1 month later...
So, I caught a ton of legendaries.
Victini: Angie
Zorua(now Zoroark): Gizmo
Zekrom: Rex
Cobalion: Pierre
Virizion: Lafayette
Terrakion: Francois
Thundurus: Cap'nCrunch
Kyurem: Axelide

Kyurem was the hardest to catch. I had to restart over and over since it kept running out of moves, using Struggle, and knocking itself out. The seventh time I restarted, I caught it with four regular Pokeballs and no team casualties. WTF, KYUREM?!

• 4 weeks later...
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Hey does anybody have an Electrike or Manectric they could trade me? I've got lots of guys to choose from in return. Eevee, Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Turtwig, Snivy, Oshawott, Tepig, Aerodactyl, Snorlax... and lots of others. Just ask and I can probably get it, but I have no way of getting a Manectric. >_<;;[/font][/color]