OtakuBoards

Pokemon Black & Pokemon White

Katie!

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Hmm, one random thing I noticed. One of the screenshots has a Pokemon Center and Mart merged in the same building. People seem to think that all the Centers and Marts are going to be one in the same now, but what if that's actually just a glimpse of the Elite Four's Center/Mart? That's the only time the Center and Mart are ever found in the same building, so it's possible we're getting an early glimpse at the very end. [Although considering the fact that it's not very regal-looking like they have been lately,that may not be it...although I'm sure these screens are subject to change, so.][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Citric']Design I posted earlier is a confirmed fake.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]D'aww.

You know, what with how these fakes keep looking better and better with each one somebody pumps out, I'm worried the official Sugimori art is destined to be a disappointment.

Now with my improbable theory definitely crushed, I suddenly have this vague urge to write a Pokémon University fanfic.

Must... Repress....[/FONT]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Oh dear God that hair (on the male), and the fact he appears to have his pants tucked into his boots.

Surely it wouldn't be that difficult to actually give players the option of what their player would look like ? Like proper customisation.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I'm all for a custom character option, but I don't know how possible it would be when it came to the full image of your character like in battle or on the trainer card. Maybe there's an easy way to allow for it.

That would be pretty cool though. Maybe it would be something like [U][URL="http://img.420chan.org/f/src/Pokemon_trainer_dress_up_.swf"]this[/URL][/U].[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"] If that's really the final design, maybe the older look is an indicator that the Player Character this time around is a college student.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

...Ash, have an adult that might possibly have an idea of what they're doing following him around? MADNESS. *inb4THISISPOKEMON*

But anyway, that might happen. We wont know until we get more info, but there's nothing -yet- saying that there actually wont be an adult player character option this time around, amirite?

[QUOTE]You know, what with how these fakes keep looking better and better with each one somebody pumps out, I'm worried the official Sugimori art is destined to be a disappointment.[/QUOTE]

[url=http://media.photobucket.com/image/pokemon%20generation%205/adyniz/NewGeneration5PokemonAdyniz.png?o=16][B]SAMURAI FARFETCH'D[/B] [STRIKE]and a "Delibird evolution", but nobody cares about Delibird[/STRIKE][/url]

[font=arial][size=1]I'm pretty willing to bet at this point that Pokemon is more popular around college students than it is with children. Children seem more concerned with what is a fad at the time, and the kids who were young enough to appreesh Pokemon when it was a fan are in college now.

Having said that, I really wouldn't be surprised if one day they make a game where the main characters are like 18 or something.

I also really want my gigantic Pokemon MMORPG with real time battles. I really don't understand why they haven't done this yet.[/font][/size]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Now with my improbable theory definitely crushed, I suddenly have this vague urge to write a Pokémon University fanfic.

Must... Repress....[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Don't. There's too many out there as it is. Don't add to it...

I'm very annoyed. I was playing LG last night and did some thinking. I can buy all these different stones at the Celadon Department store. I can't do that in Goldenrod. I have yet to find any type of evolution stone. I hope this changes with the next game...

[quote name='chibi-master']Don't. There's too many out there as it is. Don't add to it...

I'm very annoyed. I was playing LG last night and did some thinking. I can buy all these different stones at the Celadon Department store. I can't do that in Goldenrod. I have yet to find any type of evolution stone. I hope this changes with the next game...[/QUOTE]

[size=1]I doubt it. In the original games you could get a ton of awesome stuff from the department store, but they removed the elemental stones and a lot of the fun TMs in the next few games. I don't remember if it was RBY or GSC but you used to be able to get all the elemental punches there, too.

They probably took it out because it was too easy to get them or something.

(However in Platinum I probably have at least 6 of each kind of stone, just from spending so much time underground. I need to trade some over to HG).[/size]

There's a guy in Route 28, I believe, in Bill's house that if you show him certain Pokemon he'll give you stones. Only one of each though. If you get lucky, you can find a Thunderstone in Yellow Forest. Other than that, I'm going to be bringing all my stones from Pearl (hurray 30+ Leaf and Water Stones!).

[quote name='Goodbye, Face'][font=arial][size=1]I'm pretty willing to bet at this point that Pokemon is more popular around college students than it is with children. Children seem more concerned with what is a fad at the time, and the kids who were young enough to appreesh Pokemon when it was a fan are in college now.

Having said that, I really wouldn't be surprised if one day they make a game where the main characters are like 18 or something.

I also really want my gigantic Pokemon MMORPG with real time battles. I really don't understand why they haven't done this yet.[/font][/size][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"]That's such a half-truth, it's unfair. Diamond & Pearl really re-energized the series that had weathered the storm of playing second banana to Yu-Gi-Oh. Now there's a new slew of fans across all age groups that appreciate the game. Just because I was around when Pokemon came out doesn't mean that I appreciate it more than a 12 year old does. ;)[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I both agree and disagree. While it's true that Diamond and Pearl's sales showed the world Pokemon was hardly dead, they're also the least-exciting games in the series, in my opinion. Some of the new Pokemon were cool [I don't care if people complain about the Legendary overload, I [I]love[/I] Giratina and was excited when I found out he'd be Platinum's mascot], but, to me, it was just...dull. Team Galactic, while essentially terrorists, didn't intrigue me as much as the previous crime syndicates did [and they had HORRID fashion sense on top of it], nor did the stories of the Legendaries, and Sinnoh itself was extremely boring as a region [which is a big deal for me, since one of my favorite parts of an RPG is a good world with interesting locales and citizens].

Don't get me wrong, D/P/Pt were still good games...but compared to the previous games, they just weren't that interesting in terms of how the world worked.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]I feel like Pokemon has way too much depth to truly count as a children's game. When I was 10 years old, all I cared about was getting level 100 legendaries with no idea how to maximize the efficiency of their move list or stats. Now you've got competitive battling where you absolutely have come up with a good strategy and focus on your teams respective EVs (which I honestly still don't pay any attention to, maybe I just don't have the mind for it).

Maybe the average ten year old is smarter than I was, but it seems to me that this is a game you really need to think about to do the best you possibly can in.

Of course, that's not to say that it's not for kids. I know tons of them are into Pokemon. What gets me is that most of the younger people playing the new Pokemon games have probably never experienced the original Red/Blue/Yellow. I realized this one day and was pretty flabbergasted that anyone's life could be missing such a vital event.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I both agree and disagree. While it's true that Diamond and Pearl's sales showed the world Pokemon was hardly dead, they're also the least-exciting games in the series, in my opinion. Some of the new Pokemon were cool [I don't care if people complain about the Legendary overload, I [I]love[/I] Giratina and was excited when I found out he'd be Platinum's mascot], but, to me, it was just...dull. Team Galactic, while essentially terrorists, didn't intrigue me as much as the previous crime syndicates did [and they had HORRID fashion sense on top of it], nor did the stories of the Legendaries, and Sinnoh itself was extremely boring as a region [which is a big deal for me, since one of my favorite parts of an RPG is a good world with interesting locales and citizens].

Don't get me wrong, D/P/Pt were still good games...but compared to the previous games, they just weren't that interesting in terms of how the world worked.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Eh, my personal low point was R/S/E. Don't get me wrong, they're still excellent games and completely worthy members of the franchise, but there were some seriously weak parts to 'em. Team Aqua and Magma were just PeTA on performance enhancers, and their plot seemed completely bland without both teams butting heads, which kind of made Emerald feel like the only complete game out of all three. And then there was the water. Half the game took place on sea routes, meaning there were Tentacool every three steps and no way to avoid them without copious amounts of Repels. This is why there are only two or three caves in every game.

Granted, they still have a lot going for them. Tropius and Flygon are awesome and I wouldn't mind Dive returning so long as the surfing itself is cut down from what was found in these games. They're also largely responsible for most of the more complicated battle mechanics we take for granted today, like natures and abilities. The problem is that parts of them were just not as good as the rest.

I also kind of disagree on Sinnoh being boring. It's probably the most varied region we have today, plus it was the first Pokémon region to have an actual prominent snowy area.

Admittedly, though, there was a bit more of Mt. Coronet than was strictly necessary.

EDIT: Chibi: You can buy the Evolution Stones with Pokéathlon points on certain days of the week. Not quite as convenient as just going to the Game Corner, but it's still a steady source of them.[/FONT]

[quote name='Citric'][URL="http://pokebeach.com/2010/04/clearer-game-screenshots-of-pokemon-black-and-white"]Cleaner Black and White shots.[/URL][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Wow, those are some pretty impressive 3D effects.[/SIZE]

Video footage of Black & White [url=http://pokebeach.com/2010/04/video-footage-of-black-and-white-on-pokemon-sunday]here[/url]. No new info, but there is a ballin Chimchar costume.

Edit: Soccer is included in the movie. [url=http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/3553580.html]More movie info [COLOR="Red"](spoilers)[/COLOR] here.[/url] Ballin!

[SIZE="1"]I think it would be interesting if the main group of antagonists were actually some sort of PETA-esque association. It would be people for the ethical treatment of pokemon, but to fight for pokemon rights they would wreak havoc on society by pulling ridiculous stunts in protest, and probably by trying to steal pokemon from the trainers.

The only thing is that a group for pokemon rights might actually have a good idea, considering how battling is basically glorified dog fighting. And consider how the majority of pokemon caught by trainers spend their entire lives cooped up inside a pokeball inside a computer. It's not exactly fair, is it?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Clurr'][SIZE="1"]The only thing is that a group for pokemon rights might actually have a good idea, considering how battling is basically glorified dog fighting. And consider how the majority of pokemon caught by trainers spend their entire lives cooped up inside a pokeball inside a computer. It's not exactly fair, is it?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I actually made up a theory about that months ago, mostly in order to make myself feel better for keeping the little guys in their balls all the time.

Basically, I think the balls are just transporters and the Pokémon spend the non-battle time in some type of research facility/wildlife preserve. A pokémon escaping from a ball is caused by it being strong enough to thrash about and break the transportation device. The kids are allowed to use six at a time for battle in return for providing the scientists with research subjects. It also helps them monitor growth, since battle experience is usually induced by battle experience.

At least, that's what I tell myself so I can sleep at night. Doesn't justify poisoning and paralyzing them, but hey. Pokémon land has free healthcare, so no harm done.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Basically, I think the balls are just transporters and the Pokémon spend the non-battle time in some type of research facility/wildlife preserve. A pokémon escaping from a ball is caused by it being strong enough to thrash about and break the transportation device. The kids are allowed to use six at a time for battle in return for providing the scientists with research subjects. It also helps them monitor growth, since battle experience is usually induced by battle experience.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]That makes more sense than what we currently know about catching pokemon. The pokeballs turn them into red plasma? Okay, this isn't Digimon.

I think some group should sue Bill for coming up with the PC storage system since it's actually pretty inhumane. I mean all we know is that you can trap hundreds of living pokemon inside a computer. We have to assume they just sit there. Of course we probably shouldn't question how they can get inside a computer in the first place, since most of them are actually organic beings. Still, with the teleportation idea they could all be transported to some kind of reservation where they still "belong" to the trainer that caught them, but they are free to roam about in the wild like they should be.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I actually made up a theory about that months ago, mostly in order to make myself feel better for keeping the little guys in their balls all the time.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[img]http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/344/pokeballlifey.jpg[/img]