OtakuBoards

Pokemon Black & Pokemon White

Katie!

[quote name='Citric' date='02 June 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1275529532' post='694341']Zoroark is likely to keep his name in the English versions.
[/quote]

If this is true, then I feel bad [url=http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Roark]for Roarkie here[/url].

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Citric' date='02 June 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1275530532' post='694344']
Well I would have posted them sooner but I couldn't exactly.
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]We understand. ;)

So, have we all decided on nicknames for the starters yet? Personally I'm going with:

Tsutaja=Excalibur
Pokabu=Bakin'
Mujimaru=Wotter[/font]

[color="#FF0000"]Like I said before:

-Tsutaja: Otacon
-Pokabu: Hamlet/Bacon/Wilbur/I'm trying hard to come up with something that's a bit more clever/less obvious
-Mujimaru: Edokun

Also, I keep reading Pokabu as Pikablu :x[/color]

[size=1][color=royalblue]Lord knows I have not played a new Pokemon game since Generation II (yes, I have LeafGreen and SoulSilver, but those don't exactly count), so all these new-found monsters just confuse the heck out of me. Dang city folks and their flying machines.

But hey, I might actually get into this one, what with everyone being all excited. Now if only Nintendo would release the games in, say, the summer or winter, NOT in the final sweep of my spring semester. I'm looking at you, HG/SS.

To play quick catch-up with the thread:

[list]
[*] I hold all reserves on the graphics and whether or not they are the best of the DS until Golden Sun DS comes out. :B
[*] The trainer designs look great by me, except I think the girls' shorts are absolutely ridiculous. Also, why are they so dang short. Justified in that she's older than "10", for once.
[*] Also, I could rock a cosplay of the boy trainer, and that scares me.
[*] The starts look alright, certainly not the worst effort I've seen. Tsutaja's design is really slick, I think they nailed that one. Pokabu looks like an Umbreon; Mujimaru like the kid that gets beat up at recess (most likely by Tsutaja's goons).
[/list]

Names? Uh...

Tsutaja: Sir Critter
Pokabu: Porkloinion
Mujimaru: Danny

Though I do like the Edokun aspect...[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=royalblue]If Pokabu turns into a [i]giant, flaming boar[/i], I might actually consider using a Fire starter for once. (As opposed to my trend of WATER ALWAYS!!1!1!).

But yeah. If only. *tear*[/color][/size]

[b]As for my nicknames, I would have to go with:

Tsutaja: Geico
Pokabu: Ryoga
Mujimaru: Droopy

Also, I think it is funny that you can create the female starter already. It makes me wonder if they used the same character creator. (I doubt it, but that would be funny.) The mouth, eyes, and colors are off, but the general idea is there.[/b]

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/11gls2x.jpg[/img] Edited by Piano Parade

[url="http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/More_Black_and_White_information_surfacing"]http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/More_Black_and_White_information_surfacing[/url]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]More Pokemon revealed; Zekrom confirmed to be Dragon/Electric. Oh, and the professor for this region is a woman. Sweet.

Also, Chiramii and Munna are adorable. <3[/font][/color] Edited by Vivian

[quote name='Vivian' date='11 June 2010 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1276281372' post='695091']
[url="http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/More_Black_and_White_information_surfacing"]http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/More_Black_and_White_information_surfacing[/url]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Oh, and [b]the professor for this region is a woman.[/b] Sweet.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Oh man, I've been wanting this since Gen 3.

Please oh please let them name her Willow.[/font]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]...is it just me, or does anyone else think that Muuna disguises itself as an adorable piggy bank just to fool little girls into picking it up and snuggling with it so it can cast Hypnosis or something on them and nahm their dreams?
[/color][/font]

Chiramii: I WANT THIS THING RIGHT FREAKING NOW.

Munna: I don't trust it. It looks like it belongs on the wallpaper of a little girl's room.

Giaru: It's Bronzor all over again.

Mamepato: I know most people will think I'm an fool for it, but I like this cute little guy. It looks like a sweet little idiot and I want it.

Hihidaruma: No. This little f***** can go right back to the rock it crawled out from under.

Shimama: I hope it has some cool evolutions, because I think I like this little guy.

Meguroko: Undecided. We'll see.

* The Mouse Pokémon shown is said to be called Chiramii (ã?ã?©ã?¼ã??ã?£). It is Normal-type, the Chinchilla Pokémon. It is 0.4m tall, 5.8kg. It's abilities are Cute Charm & Technician. It has a move called Sweep Slap (ã?¹ã?¤ã?¼ã??ã??ã?³ã?¿) which attacks several times consecutively.
* The pig like Pokémon is called Munna(ã? ã?³ã??). It is the Dream Eater Pokémon and is Psychic-type. It is 0.6m tall and 23.3kg. It has the abilities Forewarn & Synchronise. It has an attack called Telekinesis (ã??ã?¬ã?­ã?ã?·ã?¹) which makes the opponent float in the air.
* The strange dual cog Pokémon is called Gear (���). It is the Gear Pokémon, is a pure Steel-type. It is 0.3m, 21.0kg and has the abilities Plus & Minus. It has a new attach called Gear Saucer (������) which attacks multiple times
* The bird Pokémon called Mamepato (ã??ã?¡ã??ã??). It is the Baby Pigeon Pokémon. is Normal-Flying type. It is 0.3m and 2.1kg. It has the Super Luck ability or a new ability called Pigeon Heart (はとã??ね) which seems to prevent its Defense stat from lowering
* The ape Pokémon called Hihidaruma (ã??ã??ã??ã?«ã??). It is the Flaming Pokémon, is Fire-type. It is 1.3m and 92.9kg. It has a new ability called Encourage (ちã?ã??づく)
* The zebra Pokémon called Shimama (ã?·ã??ã??). It is the Charged Pokémon, is Electric-type. It is 0.8m and 29.8kg. Its abilities are LightningRod & Motor Drive. It has a new attack called Wild Bolt (ã?¯ã?¤ã?«ã??ã??ã?«ã??) which hurts both Shimama and the Pokémon)
* The crocodile Pokémon called Meguroko (ã?¡ã?°ã?­ã?³). It is the Desert Crocodile Pokémon, is Ground-type & Dark-type. It is 0.7m and 15.2kg. Its abilities are Intimidate & Earthquake Spiral (ã?ã?ã??ã?ã?ã??ã?) which raises its attack when the opponent is Knocked Out
* The new Professor Dr. Araragi (�����士 ) has a Chiramii
* Reshiram & Zekrom's types and details were also revealed
o Reshiram is a Dragon & Fire-type type. It is the White Yang Pokémon It is 3.2m and 330kg. It has the new TurboBlaze (ã?¿ã?¼ã??ã??ã?¬ã?¤ã?º) Ability
o Zekrom is an Dragon & Electric-type as predicted.. It is the Black Yin Pokémon. It is 2.9m and 345kg. It has the Terra Voltage (ã??ã?©ã??ã?«ã??ã?¼ã?¸) ability
* To get Zorua, you will need to send over the Celebi from the upcoming movie to Black & White. It is obtained at Level 10
* Zorua knows the attacks Leer, Scratch, Pursuit & Fake Tears
* Zoroark knows Fury Swipes, Faint Attack, Scary Face, Taunt and a new attack; Night Burst (ã??ã?¤ã??ã?-ã?¹ã??)
* There is a new feature called the C Cog which allows you to play with various connection capabilites. To what end is not known, but there is a screenshot of the player in the Pokémon Centre with various connection stats at the bottom.
* In this game Global Terminal inside of the Pokemon center and it is called "Random Match". It just says that you can play freely with people from all over the country in random match mode. Then says that in spring 2011 that foreign players will join. The Global Terminal is now also located in the Pokémon Centres

Unconfirmed:

* There will be 157 new Pokemon, bringing the total amount to 650.
* Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom.
* Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It stands on two legs.
* In previous games, either through moves or through abilities, players were able to alter the weather conditions of the battle field to boost certain types. For example, Groudon's Drought summons sunlight, which boosts Fire-type moves by 50%. In Black and White, players will be able to collect certain items that alter the weather conditions of the battle field. Approximately twenty of these items will affect the weather conditions so that they will boost certain types (kind of like Stadium cards in the TCG?), with some types getting added bonuses depending on the item. As a side note, in today's CoroCoro scans, there was a screenshot showing a new weather indicator (we overlooked it), which could give credence to this claim.
* One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes' poison to have an immediate effect.
* Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will "influence" the plot of the game. If you make "good" choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas "bad" choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player's actions.
* Tsutaaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru had rough designs over this past year or so, but in the last few months received major overhauls, becoming the final designs we see today. Edited by Citric

[quote name='Citric' date='12 June 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1276368397' post='695129']* Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will "influence" the plot of the game. If you make "good" choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas "bad" choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player's actions.[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Kick. Ass.

BRB Blasting off at the speed of light.[/font]

[quote name='Citric' date='12 June 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1276368397' post='695129']
* Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom.[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Rayquaza is sad that he was forgotten so easily. :( [Granted, he's not a cobra, but...still.]

Your actions affecting the outcome of the story would be pretty awesome, though, and would give more incentive to buy both games [since they seem pretty adamant about having only a single save file per cart/card]. Still, I'll be taking it with a grain of salt.[/font][/color] Edited by Vivian

[quote name='Citric' date='12 June 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1276368397' post='695129']

* Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will "influence" the plot of the game. If you make "good" choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas "bad" choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player's actions.

[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]This right here would be the only thing I would need to convince me to go out and buy the game [s]although I think I'm not the only one here who would anyway >_>;[/s]

....Also this makes me all the more anxious for the Black/White arc in Pokemon Special, once they get to it. Assuming this ends up being true, anyway.[/color] Edited by RedJ

[quote name='Citric' date='12 June 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1276368397' post='695129']* Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will "influence" the plot of the game. If you make "good" choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas "bad" choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player's actions.[/quote]

OMG

I gasped in real life!

THIS IS GOING TO BE INCREDIBLE

[quote="PokeBeach"]Update (12:30 PM, Saturday) - We have reason to believe this may be fake. While the source continues to wholeheartedly maintain it's real, saying "I hope you can understand that I would not purposely come up with a prank like that after working in the video game community for years," he posted obvious "fanart" of Minotauros on our forums claiming it to be beta artwork (though later he said it was just to give us an idea of what the real Pokemon would look like). This isn't what convinced me of his legitimacy earlier, but nonetheless, his present actions just seem too fishy - perhaps his source fooled him, since we know he is an incredibly reliable news reporter for the gaming community. Like we said earlier, this may all be fake, and for now we're going to classify it as such even though it could still be real. If something proves the legitimacy of this news, we'll revisit this story and the other stuff he showed us. But for now, my sincerest apologies everyone.[/quote]

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][color="#9932CC"]From PokeBeach, where those unconfirmed features were apparently first posted. Looks like it could honestly lean either way, though the admin's currently crying fowl. Here's hoping the reporter's right, though; I'd hate to see these wind up being false.[/color][/font] Edited by Vivian

[quote]The major piece of information revealed on the website is the purpose of uploading your Black and White save file to the Internet, which CoroCoro mentioned but did not elaborate on. Once the games are released, there will be a special website that will allow you to upload your save file so that you can play Black and White on the Internet. Once you're done, you can send the save file back to your DS to continue playing. Whether this will allow you to play the games in full, whether there will be limitations, or if it's just for extended content remains to be seen. We'll bring you more as soon as we find out![/quote]

jizz
in
my

pants

The Japanese site has also updated with screenshots of the new pogeyz fighting and some pretty sweet overworld maps, and in the last picture you can see the weather indicator. [url="http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/pokemon/legend/reshiram.html"]SWEET[/url] Edited by Citric