OtakuBoards

Pokemon Black & Pokemon White

Katie!

[quote name='Citric' date='09 August 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1281369505' post='699142']
TMs will no longer expire after one use - you can use them as many times as you want, like HMs!
[/quote]
YES. YES. YESSS... I have been waiting for this one! I'm so relieved! No longer will I argue with myself of which Pokemon gets to use the TM... This pleases me...

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Not to be a downer, but I bet that the grand majority of these reusable TMs are going to consist of primarily useless, non-damaging, or otherwise easily accessible moves, so people don't abuse the heck out of supremely powerful moves. [Even though one might argue that it's been the norm lately...]

Also, I hope that not all of the gyms do a quiz thing like Dento and Aloe do. That'd take half the fun out of getting to the gym leaders themselves. :( [/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]They haven't actually come out and said there won't be Gym Trainers in the Gym as well. It's possible that there's both and answering the question wrong forces you to fight them (like Blaine's Gym was).

Also, HG/SS proved that Gyms can have WTF setups and still provide fun/frustration (I'm looking at you, Clair. >:V). So I wouldn't write anything off just yet.
[/color][/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]No no, I'm not worried about that. I figured that they'd work like Blaine's quiz in R/B/Y/FR/LG. I'm worried about the puzzles in the gyms themselves. I doubt they'll take them out entirely, but it is I've wondered.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[img]http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/basurao-new.jpg[/img]

THEY NEED A NEW ANGST FISH TO REPLACE MAGIKARP

okok:

Mijumaru has a high Attack stat and they speculate that its final evolution may be Water / Fighting. Its signature attack, Shell Blade, is a Water-type physical attack with a base power of 75, a 95% accuracy, and lowers the opponent's Defense. He describes the animation as "Crush Claw done with a shell."

Pokabu has high HP and Attack but its Defense is low. Nitro Charge, its Fire-type signature attack, is physical, has a base power of 50, a 100% accuracy, and has a chance of raising Pokabu's speed.

Tsutaaja's signature attack, Grass Mixer, is a Special attack with a base power of 65, a 90% accuracy, and has a chance of lowering the opponent's accuracy. It appears to be a Grass-type Octazooka.

Shikijika appeared to know Double Kick, Leech Seed, Take Down, and Faint Attack.

Zoruaâ??s Illusion ability transforms you into the second Pokemon you're holding but even if it looks like another Pokemon it says "What will Zorua do?" Illusion's effect is that when Zorua is hit by an attack that causes damage, even if it is weak, Illusion breaks. While you're disguised, you donâ??t even become the transformed Pokemon's type nor can you use its moves. In the demo, Zorua knows Faint Attack and Fury Swipes.

new Pokemon:

[img]http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/tabunne.jpg[/img] [img]http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/basurao-new.jpg[/img] [img]http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/darumakka.jpg[/img]

left to right: Tabunne, Basurao, and Darumakka.

• 2 weeks later...
http://pokebeach.com/2010/08/new-best-wishes-previews-new-nurse-joy-and-officer-jenny-new-character

Best Wishes new characters, as well as some semi revealed new Pokemon!

[img]http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/yanappu-clear.gif[/img]

BROCCOLI MONKEY! Pure grass type, potentially Dento's! Dento ordered a Pokemon to use Solar Beam so it was potentially Yanappu (the monkey).

• 3 weeks later...
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Bumping this since information is slowly starting to trickle in. There's way too much for me to post right now, but the usual sites will have what'cha need. [not to mention there's a lot of info released between the last post and now that hasn't been posted here.]

Welcome to Gen V, everybody.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

All the Generation V Pokémon have been revealed, and even though some of them look like copies and remakes of past generation critters, the majority of them are very unique and even innovative. Many of the common animals that have thus far been missing from the roster make an appearance, such as [spoiler]the zeebra, the panther, the ant and the vulture.[/spoiler] No new types have been introduced, but there's a [spoiler]pure flying type legendary[/spoiler], which I believe is a series first (not counting Arceus). Oddly enough, there's loads of psychic, grass and fight types of Pokémon, but surprisingly few water, fire or electric types.

You can see the complete list here: [url]http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml[/url] Now we'll just have to see what kind of whacky names the localization team comes up for these. ;D Edited by Sandy

[quote name='Sandy' date='16 September 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1284669603' post='700570']
You can see the complete list here: [url]http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml[/url] Now we'll just have to see what kind of whacky names the localization team comes up for these. ;D
[/quote]
THOSE are the evolutions for Pokabu?! I thought they were confirmed fakes?! DAMN YOU, NINTENDOOO!!! *throws a hissy fit* How many times must the Fire/Fighting type be done?!

Also, is it just me, or do the Gen. V Pokemon seem kind of... not Pokemon-like? Like there's something missing with a few of them?

[font="Tahoma"][color="#0000ff"]Some of the new Pokemon are entirely too cute (Hiyakki, Tabunne, Chirachiino, Gochimu, Hitomoshi, and Washibon are definite must-catch for me), but some of the ones are pretty WTF-looking. Like the much talked about pure Flying legendary. What the flying hell is it even [i]based [/i]on?
[/color][/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I had pretty much decided from the getgo that Tsutaja/Tsutarja/Smugleaf would be my starter, which has held up since I've seen the evos. I love its final stage.

What gets my goat is that there's still no Dark-type gym; they've rationed that off to an Elite Four member yet again.

The thing that intrigues me the most so far, though? [spoiler]Apparently, Belle, your female rival, is the Champion. I...honestly did not expect that.[/spoiler][/font][/color]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah, Smugleaf is definitely gonna be my starter as well. Little punk is just so adorably cocky I can't help but love him.

Admittedly, Pork Roast's typing isn't a dealbreaker for me. I'll still buy the game and play it and probably love it. I just wish they'd come up with some dang variety for once. I wouldn't mind if it was just another Fire/Fighting hybrid somewhere else in the dex. Heck, Oddish and Bulbasaur have shared a pokédex since the first generation. There just comes a point where recycling the same type combination for the same purpose gets a little old, and then there's a point beyond that where you do it THREE TIMES IN A ROW. Seems like a waste of a perfectly good opportunity to experiment. Fire/Dark, perhaps? Fire/Ghost? Fire/Electric? There's a ton of possibilities. This just kind of comes off as lazy.

I will admit that I love Boarbecue's design, though. He looks positively monstrous. Way better than Infernape.

[spoiler]I've nicknamed the Pokabu line Pork Roast>Hambustion>Boarbecue, in case anyone cares.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Oh frig, I just noticed there's only one Ice-type this gen that has a dual typing and it's a Legendary. This could potentially screw over the usefulness of Ice-type in the main game, since Ice has a whole slew of weaknesses, most of which are very common. Usually these are offset by dual-typing, but clearly that won't be the case here.

I suppose I could just teach a willing Water-type an Ice move, but I sure do hate to miss out on STAB, particularly against Dragons.[/font] Edited by The Professor

[quote name='The Professor' date='17 September 2010 - 03:57 AM' timestamp='1284713873' post='700586']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Fire/Ghost? [/font][/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][url="http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml"]There actually is a Fire/Ghost line in this gen[/url] [607-609], although it's not a starter. But that's just me being nitpicky since I fell in love with it the moment I saw it.[/font][/color]

[quote name='The Professor' date='17 September 2010 - 02:12 AM' timestamp='1284703947' post='700582']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]BRB flying to Japan to punch a GameFreak exec in the face.[/font]
[/quote]
HOLD IT! I'm tagging along and bringing firepower.

[quote name='The Professor' date='17 September 2010 - 04:57 AM' timestamp='1284713873' post='700586']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I will admit that I love Boarbecue's design, though. He looks positively monstrous. Way better than Infernape.[/font]
[/quote]
I'm afraid I must disagree. Though Infernape's design was pretty crappy, I'm just not feeling the professional wrestler look. It's kind of really grotesque.

I'm going to have to start the game 3 times in order to get all the starters and their evolutions. The Pokabu I get when I finally start over for the 4th time will NOT be allowed to evolve and will be force-fed so many Everstones that it will spew gravel.

EDIT: Augh... You know what? I'm really tempted to start the game with Smugleaf. The evolutions look awesome, I will admit.. I would name him Ziggy. Edited by chibi-master

[font="Comic Sans MS"]I'm afraid I'm going to have to not love you anymore, sir.

It pains me greatly, but you clearly do not have proper admiration for the legend that began in the 12th Century.

[center][img]http://memegenerator.net/smugleaf/ImageMacro/1794697/smugleaf-I-care-about-the-environment-Thats-why-I-ride-my-slaves-to-work.jpg[/img][/center][/font]

[quote name='Shy' date='18 September 2010 - 03:00 AM' timestamp='1284793215' post='700607']
[center][img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/64/498Pokabu.png[/img][/center]

Pokabu is my new favorite [i]everything.[/i] Seriously.

- Shy
[/quote]
*high five* You're, like, my new best friend.

I have come to terms with Pokabu's evolutions. Well, the final one, anyway. I'm just going to imagine myself wandering the new region with a really grumpy and scary-looking bodyguard. Smugleaf, meet Botan the Facebreaker.

Turns out Nintendo is all pissy about Pokebeach and Serebii leaking their stuff so they're being required to take it down (all images, mostly). Nintendo needs to get over it, the game is released in Japan so I don't understand why they're having a **** fit.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Thing is, all they're taking down are screenshots. Small pictures. It's not worth getting in a tizzy over. If people want visuals that bad, they can either download the ROM themselves, import, or wait 'til the game is released in their language. Screenshots are still fairly easy to find, too, so people are blowing this up way bigger than it really is.

That said, the webmaster of PokeBeach admitted that he used a ROM before he actually obtained the game; Serebii admitted to using PokeBeach's screencaps for his coverage [but it's also been proven that he had a ROM, too; he ran into an anti-piracy measure that has since been fixed]. Had he kept his mouth shut, Nintendo legally could not have done a thing. Yeah, most fansites use ROMs for screencaps, BUT they have a legal copy of the game on top of that, precisely to avoid this sort of situation.

Plus, no one said that this was going to last forever. Once WPM of PokeBeach stops acting like a spoiled brat, they'll probably reach some sort of agreement to where they can host screenshots from B/W again.

So, just hang tight, folks.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome