OtakuBoards

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Magus

if Cyclops doesn't make it into this game i won't even consider getting it.
I am already a bit iffy about the 3d characters (the more realistic they make these guys, the more you realize how strange they all look) and also fighting games never get old... i still like MvC2 just fine. hopefully one of my friends will get it so that i can see for myself how fun the gameplay is.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the not the only one that's thinking along those lines, CaNz (1 specific character....). One person is upset because Strider will not be in the game. Even though I'm laughing at you and everyone else who're thinking along those lines all I can really say is oh well. I'm quite satisfied with what I've been seeing so far, though I'll never understand the decision behind putting M.O.D.O.K in the game. He along with Amaterasu look out of place to me. But, whatever. Dante and Deadpool are in the game. Edited by Magus

[font="Tahoma"]Had a great opportunity to demo the game at NYCC on the big screen, though did not get to play as the new reveals from that weekend. Deadpool and Chris Redfield in particular are solid newcomers. Glad to see more ladies getting attention, though I do view C. Viper's addition as a sign that Capcom is running out of interesting ideas for their brand's side of the roster. In any case, there shouldn't be many more between now and February. Looking forward to the game's release more then ever, except for Dormammu and M.O.D.O.K taking over tier 1 dishonors .[/font]

[quote name='Magus' date='10 December 2010 - 01:40 AM' timestamp='1291974010' post='702579']
You're the not the only one that's thinking along those lines, CaNz (1 specific character....). One person is upset because Strider will not be in the game. Even though I'm laughing at you and everyone else who're thinking along those lines all I can really say is oh well.
[/quote]
I might deserve it, but really its not the tipping point for me, none of my old team seems to be in this game, so if my favorite character doesn't make it I will be pissed but I am not avoiding it out of spite. It does sound really bad, but the game just does not have the grab.... i mean... deadpool is a nice feature, but not enough for me. honestly, i don't like many of the characters, and i would be willing to stick with 2 just so that I could play the ones that I like... I dunno... it doesn't seem that strange to me.

[quote name='Magus' date='12 December 2010 - 01:40 AM' timestamp='1292136018' post='702668']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqSbrNOsYSY[/media]

I still haven't played Street Fighter 4 or Super Street Fighter 4 but C.Viper looks like she can be a beast here.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"]She's a bit of a one trick pony in SSF4, I would have chosen Juri before Viper because she's a bit newer and still has room for character construction. Plus seeing how she registers with the Versus game/fans would help them decide on the future for the character since she has only been in one SF game ever. Somebody like that is a more interesting addition to me because what to expect isn't as clear.[/font]

• 4 weeks later...
And now we have Haggar and Phoenix.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVriTPCVjL4[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXk-6fVFxCc[/media]

Can't say I like Haggar but then again I never cared for big/wrestler type characters. Phoenix look like she could've been a boss fight coming back to life and whatnot.

• 1 month later...
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]*kicks this thread up now that the game is out*

I decided to rent this game on a whim the other day. I have never played the other games in the series before and mainly wanted to play it for Tron Bonne [as I am a huge Megaman Legends fan], so I decided to give it a shot.

I must say, as a newbie to the series, I'm rather enjoying it so far. I like the idea of rotating through three characters, and beating the snot out of everyone is just a boatload of fun for me. I'm still waggling along on picking my mains, but right now it looks like Morrigan, Dante, and my girl Tron are going to be my top three. I've been mainly sticking to Capcom characters for right now [if I've not played the games they're in, then I'm at least familiar with them; I've never read a Marvel comic in my life], though I'll slowly edge out to Marvel's roster eventually.

Incidentally, as I said, I mainly checked this out for the MML love, but it's made me want to check out other games being represented here as well, mainly Darkstalkers [which I've played briefly] and Devil May Cry [which I've only seen played]. Though I'm also mad because Amaterasu in here makes me wish Okami liked my memory card. >( [She's also become one of my favorites in here, too, by the way.][/font][/color]

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1279633699' post='697509']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16lsJREj9vY[/media]

Hmm... Deadpool ought to be lucky he's Deadpool lol, or otherwise I would've lost the manly image I had of him.
[/quote]

I think sombody needs to learn the definition of breaking the fourth wall

^Agreed.

With that said, I have to say that I've lost that excitment I once had for this game. I'm looking at some of the fights and whatnot. The high octane speed of this game just don't get me excited anymore. At first I wanted the game due to it being a Marvel vs Capcom game and then I wanted it because Dante and Deadpool were announced to be in it. Then we get all this whining about ____'s not in the game or complaining because of Capcom's reasoning and I'm like "you know, just find some way to ignore these people". And now, when it comes down to it, I just don't want or need massive combo's, air combo's or high speed. Right now I find myself preferring the mechanics of Super Street Fighter 4 (just ordered it about 5 minutes ago). I'm sure it's a great game though. But for the time being I'm going to pass up on this one. Edited by Magus

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Jax Rhapsody' timestamp='1298113383' post='705107']
I think sombody needs to learn the definition of breaking the fourth wall
[/quote]

[color=deeppink]He [i]is[/i] breaking the fourth wall, you just can't really hear it. Throughout that attack he's constantly shouting about hyper combos.

EDIT: Although, really, he's still breaking the fourth wall by grabbing the HUD bars. [/color] Edited by Nerdsy

[quote name='AvalonAngel' timestamp='1298959679' post='705387']
[font="Tahoma"]Deadpool breaks the fourth wall the entire time he's in the game, lol. When he gets KO'd he goes "YOU'RE PRESSING THE WRONG BUTTONS."[/font]
[/quote]

[b]If I had known that, I would have played with Deadpool in the demo. XD That sounds like my kind of character.

Besides that, I'm glad X-23 made it into the game. I didn't think she would ever be in a video game ever, so it was a big surprise to me.
I think I might wait for a price drop though, as she's one of the only characters I'll really play with.

Also, I agree with Juri belonging in this game. With her color scheme and everything and the designs on her special moves, she would have been a perfect fit with the rest of the cast.[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' timestamp='1299169477' post='705455']
[b]I think I might wait for a price drop though, as she's one of the only characters I'll really play with.[/b]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]You might be surprised, actually; I thought I'd only play as Tron, but I've wound up enjoying a lot more characters, X-23 included. I also agree that I'd like to see Juri in the game, too. She'd be a pretty good addition.

I hear you about the price, though. I mean ow.[/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
This game just works.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was good, dumb fun. However, I found myself using only a very small segment of the roster. There were just too many throwaway characters (Boneclaw Wolverine, for example), or lame fluff fighters. While I am no fighting game aficionado, I appreciate how the developers have at least provided [i]some[/i] parity in their modernized attempt. I also appreciate the attempt made to include relevant/interesting backdrops to fight in front of. The levels in MvC2 were far too bland.

On the downside, I won't be able to resist letting Capcom gouge me on DLC if they put up characters like Venom or Gambit....

[quote name='Charles' timestamp='1299889087' post='705623']
This game just works.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was good, dumb fun. However, I found myself using only a very small segment of the roster. There were just too many throwaway characters (Boneclaw Wolverine, for example), or lame fluff fighters. While I am no fighting game aficionado, I appreciate how the developers have at least provided [i]some[/i] parity in their modernized attempt. I also appreciate the attempt made to include relevant/interesting backdrops to fight in front of. The levels in MvC2 were far too bland.

On the downside, I won't be able to resist letting Capcom gouge me on DLC if they put up characters like Venom or Gambit....
[/quote]
I'm LOSTHISKEYSMAN on Live. We should play sometime, or go steady or whatever....

This is a solid entry for the series. The new controls threw me for a loop, but I finally warmed up to them. X-23 is my favorite of the new characters, although as a whole the characters included in this game leave me scratching my head a bit. Hopeflly more DLC characters will be announced, and soon. Having so many Darkstalkers characters is downright dumb. I don't think there has been a new Darkstalkers game for a decade, yet somehow Mega Man and Cyclops are MIA.

WHY NO AMINGO?! WHYEEE?!!

-Shy

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Shy' timestamp='1299913811' post='705628']
I'm LOSTHISKEYSMAN on Live. We should play sometime, or go steady or whatever....

This is a solid entry for the series. The new controls threw me for a loop, but I finally warmed up to them. X-23 is my favorite of the new characters, although as a whole the characters included in this game leave me scratching my head a bit. Hopeflly more DLC characters will be announced, and soon. Having so many Darkstalkers characters is downright dumb. I don't think there has been a new Darkstalkers game for a decade, yet somehow Mega Man and Cyclops are MIA.

WHY NO AMINGO?! WHYEEE?!!

-Shy
[/quote]

I'm My Fun Box. I haven't been online much lately, but I'll be sure to add you. I'm not very good though. lol

In a display of hopelessness, I contributed to the DLC problem and bought the extra characters. I actually enjoy playing as Jill quite a bit. She seems to be the perfect balance of speed and strength between Chris and Wesker.

Now I just hope that they release Phoenix Wright as DLC. I'd buy 'em at a high price.

I would be so hyped to hear him yell "objection!" when he tags in. Or "take that!" when he performs a signature attack.

• 3 months later...
I haven't had my copy of the game for long but now we get [url=http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/7/20/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-revealed.html][b]Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3[/b][/url]. From what I've played of the my game so far, my favorite characters to use are Dante, Wolverine and X-23, and now we get 12 new characters and one of those characters is VERGIL. I most definately will be getting this game.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlNt8xS3fwY&feature=player_embedded[/media]

I don't even know who this Firebrand character is but I am questioning his inclusion, but "shrugs". Hawkeye looks as if he plays a bit better than Taskmaster, although I'm terrible with defensive type characters... (I'm calling Taskmaster horrible because he's defensive)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKIDRuC-EoA&feature=player_embedded[/media]

I'm not feeling Ghost Rider at all.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-SQ7ex8rzs&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Nothing much to say about Strider at this point.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNY-EBIxvjI&feature=player_embedded[/media]

The person playing as Ghost Rider in this one did so much better, but still, he's probably a little too slow for me. I think his power makes up for his slowness though. Some of the damage output he was dishing out looks a little crazy.

Can't wait to see more videos pop up.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Capcom needs to decide if they listen to their fans [one of the leaked characters is Phoenix Wright] or if they hate them [pay any attention to the Megaman fandom and you'll quickly learn why].

Considering my current stance against them, I'll probably at least rent Ultimate.[/font][/color]

Errr.... I'm really trying to ignore anything related to Megaman right now. I was never a fan of Megaman to begin with so the news of him not being in the game don't bother me at all, but the constant complaints of him not being in the game really kills the excitement. Don't get me wrong, I understand that he's probably the most popular capcom character, but man, sometimes people just need to give it a rest. If something like that is gonna stop you from getting the game then stop bitchin and move on (not directed at anyone, just a minor rant). Edited by Magus

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Nah, the ire about Capcom right now is that they canceled a sequel to an under-rated Megaman series that fans wanted for over a decade, as well as not localizing Ace Attorney Investigations 2 or Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, blaming the fans for all of them, among other things.

Anyway, that's enough of that, since I don't wanna derail the topic too much. I'm interested in Phoenix being in the game. Kinda wondering what his stage is going to be like, if he gets one. I also kinda hope some of his recolors will be Edgeworth and Apollo.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...