OtakuBoards

Official OtakuBoards XL Bugs Topic

James

[color="#0000ff"]Unfortunately, I don't see a way to change the time after which that line appears but I will look into making it smaller because you're right, the line really does stand out right now.
[/color]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color="#0000ff"]They're on the list of things to be re-added to the site. Rest assured, they still exist, they're just hiding for now.

And oops... this forum doesn't like HTML in the titles so it broke when I updated my profile. It's fixed now but thanks for pointing that out :)
[/color]

[font="Calibri"]The box on the main page which contains the forum name and the blurb about it. Right of the New/No New button.

[b]Edit:[/b] I just got a database error when trying to access the latest post in this thread from the main page. Only lasted for about one second but it was still there. My real edit query is 'where is the Who's Online' page? I miss lurking.
[/font] Edited by Allamorph

[color="#0000ff"]They're all the same size for me. Mind taking a screen shot so I can see what you're seeing?

[/color][color="#0000ff"][strike][/color][color="#0000ff"]And Who's Online seems to be gone, available only at the bottom of the home page now.[/strike]
[/color]

[font="Calibri"]So in other words something quite useless and uninformative. =/

[url="http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/Sub/WetPaint.jpg"][color="Blue"]Wet Paint[/color][/url]

[url="http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/Sub/ExtraLarge.jpg"][color="Blue"]XL[/color][/url][/font]

[color="#0000ff"][strike]You were looking for the original page that showed who was online and what they were doing I assume? If so, there is no such page with IPB. You can still see who's online from that list and clicking on individual members will let you see what their current activity is but you can't do it all in one place.[/strike]

And I'm not sure what would be causing that for you. I tried resizing my browser to various widths and still, all of my columns line up.
[/color]

Just click on either of the "Show by ...." (right above the active users) links and you'll go to the Who's Online page with more info.

[url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?app=members&module=online"]Who's Online[/url] Edited by Lady Shy

[color="#0000ff"]Oh, well I take back everything I just said then. I didn't bother clicking those links as I thought it would just reorder the display they were sitting above. Good find.
[/color]

[quote name='Petie'][color="#0000ff"]And I'm not sure what would be causing that for you. I tried resizing my browser to various widths and still, all of my columns line up.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Would using a CRT monitor have anything to do with anything? Or maybe the fact that this computer was a lower/mid-line Dell desktop purchased in 2001, with appropriate processor/av-card?[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph' date='03 June 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1275610273' post='694482']
[font="Calibri"]Would using a CRT monitor have anything to do with anything? Or maybe the fact that this computer was a lower/mid-line Dell desktop purchased in 2001, with appropriate processor/av-card?[/font]
[/quote]
[color="#0000ff"]Your hardware shouldn't have anything to do with the way the page is rendering though, to be honest, I have no idea why you're seeing what you're seeing. I've tried everything I could think of to replicate the issue on my end to no avail.

[b]Edit:[/b]
I fixed the size of the edited by line so it is far less obtrusive now. Let me know if this works for everyone or if you'd like it changed further. Still no luck on turning off the line if the post is edited within a certain time though.
[/color]

[s][font="Garamond"]I'm having trouble adding some people to my friend's list :C It says Loading... for ages and then after awhile I'll refresh and it'll still say "add me as a friend" and they won't show up on my friend's list. And if I go and try again it'll say "member is already on your friends list." but they still aren't.
WAT DO?[/font][/s]
I might understand now, but if it is what I think it is, you need a "friend request has been sent to ____ for approval," rather than friend has already been added message.
lolz. Edited by Anomaly

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I am also having problems with the forum column on the main page, but only on the XL Basic skin and only on the Anime & Manga and General Discussion & Support categories are showing differently to the others. This happens with Firefox on both Windows and OSX.

[/font] Edited by James

[color=#4B0082]The varying width of the columns on the front page happens when your browser window is small enough that there's not enough room in those table cells to contain the last post info in the normal percentage of the table width. So, like any HTML table without forced pixel widths applied to its cells, they adapt to the content in them and stretch out if the space isn't needed by the other cells in the row.

If I maximize my browser window on my 1920x1200 monitor, the cells are always the same width because there's always room to spare in every cell. But if I resize the window to less than 1280 width, they start to vary.

If you want the columns to always be the same width at resolutions lower than 1280 width, you'd have to lower the number of characters used in the thread links in the last post info column.[/color]

[color="#008080"][color="#0000ff"]I've tried resizing my browser to very small windows and I still can't get the columns to fall out of alignment. The only reason I can think of for this is that the software reads your screen resolution instead of the current size of your browser when it sets the table width. Because, for me anyway, I can only shrink the window so far and then the table's width fixes itself and I get a horizontal scroll bar from that point forward.[/color]
[/color]

[quote name='Petie' date='04 June 2010 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1275666284' post='694555']
[color="#008080"][color="#0000ff"]I've tried resizing my browser to very small windows and I still can't get the columns to fall out of alignment. The only reason I can think of for this is that the software reads your screen resolution instead of the current size of your browser when it sets the table width. Because, for me anyway, I can only shrink the window so far and then the table's width fixes itself and I get a horizontal scroll bar from that point forward.[/color]
[/color]
[/quote]
[color=#4B0082]The same thing happens for me. If I lower the browser window size to less than 1024 width, I get a horizontal scroll bar. I imagine the tables themselves have a min-width attribute applied to them, but the table cells don't have any fixed sizes. So at small window sizes, you get fixed width tables but variable width cells within those tables.[/color]

[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]This isn't so much a bug per se as it's a problem getting a new member set up. My little sister in law is visiting and when she tried to sign up, she accidentally typed in part of her e-mail wrong. She put aol.com instead of aim.com. The system let her change it but when she tries to get it to resend the validation e-mail The system just hangs and does nothing.

I can pull up her account myself, but we haven't really gone over the mod tools so I'd rather not play with it just yet since it's obvious that it's quite different. That and I'm not even sure if what I can access will even let me get that validation thing sorted out.

So Des or James, if you could take a look, I'd appreciate it. User name: Selene Shri

Oh and she'd ask herself, but since she's not validated, she can't post yet so, I'm doing it for her. :P[/font][/color]

[color=#4B0082]Another member just had the same problem and had to borrow her sister's account to PM me and ask for help. I've validated both accounts through the admin cp, but I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong with the e-mail validation yet.

[b]Edit:[/b]
Yeah, so I get this when I try to have the site resend a validation e-mail. Not sure what's up with it. Petie might know more.[/color]

[quote]www.otakuboards.com Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here[/quote]

[color="#0000ff"]This confirms what I thought might be an issue. It seems that the forum is completely incapable of sending any email right now as notice of new profile comments and friends has not been going through. Now that I know what the issue may be though, I'll see if I can fix it.
[/color]