OtakuBoards

XL Basic or Wet Paint ?

Gavin

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which skin are you using ?

• XL Basic
    • Wet Paint

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]The blue made me think something was wrong with my browser, not gonna lie. I kinda preferred the red with the scheme (though blue is my favorite color), but I suppose I'll get used to it, eventually.
[/color][/font]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='James' date='17 July 2010 - 01:58 AM' timestamp='1279353527' post='697397']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]We'll see how it goes - it can be changed to any colour. Possibly we can have different versions of XL Basic with different colours.[/font]
[/quote]
[color="#4169E1"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I was just telling Des in chat that it would be nice if we had different colored basic themes. That or the ability to pick our own color. Anyway, I certainly do like the Blue better. Red was okay but just not my thing. ^^[/font][/color]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Hmm Blue Basic isn't too bad, although I still think I'm going to stick with Wet Paint, it's still the cheeriest one available.

I also swear that if Des or anyone else tries to bring back Carameldansen I will track you down and drown you in your own latrine.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='18 July 2010 - 05:55 AM' timestamp='1279454111' post='697422']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Hmm Blue Basic isn't too bad, although I still think I'm going to stick with Wet Paint, it's still the cheeriest one available.

I also swear that if Des or anyone else tries to bring back Carameldansen I will track you down and drown you in your own latrine.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
[color="#006400"][font="Century Gothic"]Bring it on! I want my pink back and if you interfere... I'll send a hoard of rabid poodles to rip you to shreds.

[b][color="#FF00FF"]LONG LIVE THE PINK![/color][/b]

[size="1"]*shot*[/size]

Seriously though, I miss it. :([/font][/color]

[quote name='Aaryanna' date='20 July 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1279642081' post='697524']
[size="1"]*shot*[/size]
[/quote]
"Shot" "Double SHOT" "TRIPLE SHOT" :angry:

The Pink is evil.

[quote name='Aaryanna' date='20 July 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1279642081' post='697524']
[color="#006400"][font="Century Gothic"]Bring it on! I want my pink back and if you interfere... I'll send a hoard of rabid poodles to rip you to shreds.

[size="1"]*shot*[/size]

Seriously though, I miss it. :([/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I've heard you can do some pretty tasty things with dog meat.

Also, were the font sizes on the main index page changed in the last while, swear everything looks smaller.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='20 July 2010 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1279651309' post='697533']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Also, were the font sizes on the main index page changed in the last while, swear everything looks smaller.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]They have. I thought I was going crazy for awhile. -_- [/font][/color]

[quote name='Aaryanna' date='20 July 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1279654553' post='697535']
[color="#006400"][font="Century Gothic"]It's not like either one of you would have to use it so... :P

Or maybe a page out of [color="#4B0082"]Indi[/color]'s book with using Yaoi might do the trick. :smirk: [/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]It even being there is enough to warrant the death of its creator.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Sangome' date='20 July 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1279657365' post='697538']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]They have. I thought I was going crazy for awhile. -_- [/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Ah good, I was feeling the same. Shame though, I actually preferred the larger sized text.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Aaryanna' date='20 July 2010 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1279654553' post='697535']
[color="#006400"][font="Century Gothic"]Or maybe a page out of [color="#4B0082"]Indi[/color]'s book with using Yaoi might do the trick. :smirk: [/font][/color]
[/quote]
[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]A theme based on that kind of deal would be an amusing skin to have for the site. The only hard part would be picking what couple to use. Though that just gives you a reason to make more than one. I like that idea. :biggrin: [/font][/color]

[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]I'm using mOBile.

Nah, I kid. Using WetPaint as well.

[i]BUT[/i]

The orange and blue color scheme is probably the most over-used color scheme in the history of color schemes. Just saying.[/font][/color] Edited by PiroMunkie

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='24 July 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1280010459' post='697808'][color="#a0522d"][font="Arial"]
The orange and blue color scheme is probably the most over-used color scheme in the history of color schemes. Just saying.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

i disagree! i think the black white and gray is used more!

Wet paint works for me now... but until i get a bright pink skin with a dancing gif i doubt i will ever be truly happy.

[quote name='CaNz' date='24 July 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1280024845' post='697825']i disagree! i think the black white and gray is used more![/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/11/27/orangeblue-contrast-in-movie-posters/
Just a sample.

What color is the sky? What color is the sun?
Do you use Firefox?
Look at Gavin's signature.

It's [i]everywhere[/i], lol.[/font][/color] Edited by PiroMunkie

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Yep, you are right about that. Orange and blue are complimentary colours, which is why they are used so regularly. From a design perspective, they "work" together extremely well. Then again, I think white and blue is used just as regularly - but perhaps for different reasons.

The difficulty we had with OB XL is that we did not have time to design our own custom skins (and historically, OB has nearly always had a custom skin design). That is partly why this version of OB has a bit of an alien feel for a lot of people.

So with that said, the choice was either a) just leave the default IPB skin or b) invest in some designer skins. I chose the latter. Once we've done our next upgrade - which itself will be quite large - we'll be in a position to go back to producing full custom skins again. :)[/font]

[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]Yeah, yeah. I know they're complimentary colors and all that, lol. Red and green are probably too strongly associated with Christmas to be used. Purple and yellow has a pretty strong contrast that wouldn't be too pleasing to the eyes. I get it.

I like orange. Not too fond of blue, though. :P[/font][/color] Edited by PiroMunkie