OtakuBoards

So Much Hate!!!!!!111!1!!!!!!1!1!1!1

Shinmaru

Characters often make a special connection with fans. Some inspire intense love. Others inspire us to cheer them on for their sheer awesomeness. Still others make us facepalm in anger/annoyance/whatever. And then there are those special characters that forge a hatred so strong -- so [i]powerful[/i] -- within those who watch them that it can scarcely be matched by any other emotion.

This thread is about those characters.

I very rarely reach this point with characters who annoy me, because I don't take most series seriously enough to hate any one character that much. And for the series I enjoy with any sort of passion, the worst characters usually aren't more than a bit annoying. But sometimes a character raises my ire to the point where whenever they appear onscreen, the only thing running through my mind is how I'd like to run them through a blender and dump the remains in a sewer.

[center][attachment=14802:KaifunIsAShithead.jpg][/center]

The inspiration for this thread is the asshat on the left, Kaifun Lynn, from [b]Super Dimension Fortress Macross[/b] (the woman on the right, Misa Hayase, is awesome, however). I'm not a warmonger; I dislike armed conflict about as much as any other person, and I don't think nations should enter into war unless it is truly justified. But, my god, Kaifun is the very worst type of pacifist, a self-righteous shithead whose rigid, dogmatic beliefs don't pause to bend for silly little things like common sense. He spends the whole series crowing about how the U.N. is fighting a meaningless war against the Zentradi . . . when, you know, it was the Zentradi who attacked Earth first. And of course Kaifun is saved several times by various soldiers (including multiple times by main character Hikaru, who swings back and forth from sympathetic to annoying as hell himself), but he figures why be grateful when you can be an annoying little douchenozzle instead and ***** and moan about the (successful) tactics used to rescue him?

He's also a hypocritical snot who has no problem fleecing people for all they're worth, being borderline abusive to his cousin, Minmay (who is a pretty damn annoying character, herself), and taking advantage of group emotions to serve his own needs at the cost of others. (And let me add that Kaifun isn't even a [i]villain[/i] in this series!) Everything he says and does makes me want to kick him in the nutsack until everything within turns to jelly. I think Kaifun is supposed to be a despised character (at least I hope so lol), but man, I probably hate him way more than intended, haha.

Whew. Feels good to let that out! How about you people?

I guess I don't have too many anime characters that I really hate. But man, there's one that popped into my mind that I [i]have[/i] to rant about now.

[center][attachment=14803:allen.jpg][/center]
[center][sup]"Hello, I'm Allen Schezar from Escaflowne! You may also feel free to call me Douchey McAnnoyingPants, 'cause
that's what I'll be by the end of the series!"[/sup][/center]

Yeeeah, Allen... thing is, I didn't start out hating him, oh no. He was fine in the beginning of the anime. I mean, he's voiced by Shinichiro Miki. I love that guy! It seemed destined I'd love Allen too.
Ahahahaha--no. See, it's kind of hard for me to express this properly in words but... Allen gets really really annoying. Not in an obvious way, mind, but in an, "I'm still going to act cool even though I really lost all my cool points episodes ago." The drama that surrounds him throughout the show is just annoying, too. He drags down the whole series, in my opinion. And it's not like he had to, either! I think most of it is the crap that happens between him and Hitomi. It starts out innocently stupid enough on Hitomi's end, but it just degrades into even worse stupidity as the show goes on... [I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm a Van x Hitomi shipper.]

So yes, Allen, kindly gtfo. I don't like you. I never will. Even if you do have a sexy voice. :I Edited by Miss Anonymous

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]This should be fun. And cathartic, to boot!

[center][attachment=14804:2s6k6qh.jpg][/center]

For the uninformed, this [s]inbred moron[/s] is Atsushi Otani from [i]Lovely Complex[/i]. He is the love interest of the protagonist, Risa Koizumi, and one of the most thick-headed, idiotic twits I've ever had the displeasure of assaulting my corneas.

Okay, so I realize that teenagers tend not to be very rational or smart. Trust me, I know, I've been there; a majority of us have been there. [Unless you [i]are[/i] there, in which I say...erm...sorry, I guess.] [s]Double[/s] [s]Triple[/s] Quadruple that if romance is involved. But oh my GOSH I could not stand looking at this kid whenever he was on screen. He was so oblivious to Risa's feelings for him; she told him on at least one occasion that she truly liked him, and his response? "DUR LOL WUT UR SO SILLY RISA LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL". It's not funny. It's not endearing. It's [i]stupid and annoying.[/i] THIS is the guy I'm supposed to be rooting for?! I'm honestly being told that he's a good match for Risa? Really? REALLY?

Oh, and no, Risa's [i]not[/i] scot-free, either. I realize that she's supposed to love him, and that you're supposed to love your mate/spouse/whatever, even if they make mistakes. But a blithering moron like him? After he freakin' took her for a fool the first time, I would have started screaming at her to give up and move on. But nope, she had to obsess and dwell over him until she got her way. [spoiler]And, of course, she eventually did. WHAT A TWEEST!!!! [/sarcasm][/spoiler] The reason I don't hate her as well is because she's a likable character in her own right. Otani, however, is not. And since the entire series focused on their relationship, his bullheadedness ruined the series for me, and I've not really been able to take a teenage romance in anime seriously ever since.

And now for something from a series I didn't hate at all...

[center][attachment=14805:Asch01.jpg][/center]

This is Asch, from [i]Tales of the Abyss[/i]. [yes, it counts, since TotA has an anime adaptation.] What's wrong with him? What's [i]not[/i] wrong with him? He's supposed to be one of those anti-heroes that you're supposed to feel sympathetic for, given his past and whatnot. Okay, fine. However, I find it very hard to find sympathy for someone who spends his time screaming in my face, telling me how much of a useless and stupid "dreck" I am, while insulting everyone else within a five-mile radius. I'm not a fan of Luke in the slightest, but sheesh, lighten up on him for once! It's not [i]his[/i] fault he exists, you know.

Oh, and his hair. His hair bothers me. His bangs look like someone slathered a bunch of hairspray and hairgel on him and he never bothered to wash it out.

Yeah, that's about it for now. Whee, hatred![/font][/color]

[center][img]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/15/32812.jpg[/img][/center]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah, yeah, he was just making the people happy, he had the interest of the human race at heart et cetera et cetera yadda yadda yadda.

Y'know what? I still hated him for over half the second season of [b]Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann[/b].

Rossiu Adai, you are a douche. You more or less singlehandedly caused [spoiler]the Anti-Spiral attack by driving all the underground humans to the surface against their will and taking a census of them, all the while carelessly advancing the very prophecy you yourself feared so much. You usurped the authority of your best friend, forbade him to save the people he swore to protect, then threw him under the bus and SENTENCED HIM TO DEATH to appease said people. You then sentenced over half of the very same huddled masses to a gruesome, fiery death in order to save the collective asses of you, your girlfriend and your friends, excluding the one you left to rot in a maximum security prison vault hours earlier. Too bad all of your arrogant politics couldn't hold up to the grit and determination of the man you plunged a machete into the back of. The best damn thing you ever did was not commit suicide, because by not being dead you gave Simon the opportunity to pound your oh-so-punchable face the way everyone watching the show wanted to. You were extremely hatable, forgiven far too easily, and left in charge of everything you were previously proven too incompetent to handle. You, sir, are the worst part of my favorite show. I would have been far less frustrated with your final fate if you weren't appointed leader of the very world you nearly destroyed in the end. Have your happy ending, fine. Just don't take back everything you never deserved.[/spoiler][/font]

My kind of thread where I can bash characters and get no lip for it... :biggrin:

[img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/202/a/c/Ikari_Shinji_by_StalkerOfTheShadows.jpg[/img]

Truthfully, I can't stand the entire cast of NGE, but Shinji is my main target here. I cannot stand characters with no backbone. It's one thing to be shy, but it's another thing to be all whiny with no backbone at all. (Factor in all the depression... Man, this series was just one big bad experience and I want my 26 episodes x 30 minutes of life back) I've been told countless times that that's what real teens go through when faced in a situation like that. That maybe true... I wouldn't know since all I see when kids/teens go through a situation similar to Shinji are kids being rebellious.

There are a couple characters that match the hatred I have for Shinji but I'll wait a bit for them.

[center][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"][attachment=14806:40382.jpg]
[b]Trowa Barton[/b]
[size="1"]"Hello. I'm Trowa. The only purpose I really serve in the plot is making you wonder why the hell I'm here besides providing cover."[/size]

[/color][/font][left][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I friggin' hate Trowa Barton. I really do. There was really no point to him even existing in the damn show except to [spoiler]calm Quatre the hell down when he went batshit loco. AND I LIKED BATSHIT LOCO QUATRE.[/spoiler]. He's utterly depressing and boring and even made a damn highwire act as exciting as watching paint dry. Part of me wishes I could port an awesome circus character like [url="http://myanimelist.net/character/5756/Claire_Stanfield"]Claire mother effin' Stanfield[/url] into GW and show him how it's done. Or just single-handedly watch him destroy a Gundam with his bare hands. Either or.

...damn, I hate you, Trowa.

[/color][/font][center][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"][attachment=14807:55457.jpg]
[b]Renge[/b]
[size="1"]"Renge's here to MAKE YOUR EARS BLEEEEED!! :D"[/size]

[/color][/font][left][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I know that Ouran is supposed to be a parody of fangirl culture. I know this. But dammit, Renge went too far. It likely stems from the fact that I hate fangirls like these, but Renge is the ONLY DAMN CHARACTER that makes me want to actually stop watching the show just because she's on screen. Seriously, every time her pedestal thing came on the screen, I went to get something to snack on. So damn annoying. --*

[/color][/font][center][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"][attachment=14808:81485.jpg]
[b]Seiji Yagiri
[/b][size="1"]"I'm only here for 10 minutes of total screen time. 10 completely pointless minutes."[/size]

[/color][/font][left][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Seiji is supposed to be one of the main characters for Durarara!! (the OP told me so :V), but he only gets six scenes total. AND HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. If he wasn't so transfixed on [spoiler]Celty's head[/spoiler], he may have had time to actually gain a damn personality, but as it stands now, he sucks the life out of every damn scene he's in. The only thing I enjoyed about him was [spoiler]watching Shizuo punch him into a damn truck.[/spoiler]

[/color][/font][center][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"][attachment=14809:87207.jpg]
[b]Yui
[/b][/color][/font][center][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"][size="1"]"I'M HERE, I'M MOE, AND I'M COMPLETELY POINTLESS~!!"[/size]

[/color][/font][left][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Angel Beats! suffers from a lot of problems. Namely not having a comprehensible plot. But this thing right here? This serves no point in the series other than ruining other people's happiness ([spoiler]namely mine. And Hinata's.[/spoiler]). Even the other characters in the show talk about how pointless she is. Then Key decides [spoiler]they want to try and throw a sympathy card in her hat by making her paralyzed[/spoiler]. ...no, Key. I'm sorry, but even that can't redeem the amount of annoyance she provides. NOTHING can redeem that. Nice try, though.
[/color][/font][/left][/center][/center][/left][/center][/left][/center][/left] [/center]

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"]*cracks neck* Alright, let's do this.

[center][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ouC92wvILSw/SKliimgacWI/AAAAAAAADSg/ExotNu41aQ0/s400/Uchiha-Sasuke-naruto-pictures.jpg[/img]
[b]Uchiha Sasuke - Naruto[/b]
[size="1"]"Revenge is a dish best served with every course of every meal you're ever going to eat...with the wrong cutlery!"[/size][/center]
I'm one of those people who actually liked Sasuke when he started out, he was a nice alternative to the obnoxious, loud, generally clueless Naruto who better fit the generally accepted style of a ninja. Over the years however he's transformed into a one-dimensional, omnidirectional betrayer obsessed with avenging his clan despite learning they're a hereditary group of assholes and traitors themselves (except for Itachi of course). He's become dull and predictable where as Naruto has grown and developed into an interesting character who's carrying a hell of a lot more emotional baggage than Sasuke on his worst day.

[center][img]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/Orihime2.jpg[/img]
[b]Inoue Orihime - Bleach[/b]
[size="1"]"KUROSAKI-KUN!!KUROSAKI-KUN!!KUROSAKI-KUN!!" *Pauses for breath* "KUROSAKI-KUN!!KUROSAKI-KUN!!KUROSAKI-KUN!!"[/size][/center]
Again another character whom I initially liked but now raises bile in my throat the moment I see, or more precisely hear. Between her various incredibly stupid decisions, general uselessness, deus ex machina powers and of course, that one line, I'm thanking God the current arc does not involve her and likely won't for a few more weeks at the least.

[center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/AizenAnimeEp60.jpg[/img]
[b]Aizen Sousuke - Bleach[/b]
[size="1"]"So you've taken a path which just opened based on a completely unpredictable variable to challenge me ? Just as planned."[/size][/center]
*Coughs* >_> OK I may be noticing a pattern emerging here. Again initially Aizen's ability to strategically outmanoeuvre everyone to set up his own little kingdom in preparation to take over the world was quite cool. Now however with absolutely no development beyond "I must have more power", power-ups to Beyond the Impossible, and the ability to predict every move every other character will ever make flawlessly with the perfect counter especially in situations where he just should not have that knowledge he's slammed right into Boring Invincible Villain territory.

[center][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XFGuSZ6n1LY/SL1Lzk8OiDI/AAAAAAAAB-M/4WpG30FVZME/s400/bleach_hitsugaya_005.jpg[/img]
[b]Hitsugaya Toshiro - Bleach[/b]
[size="1"]"What do you mean I only keep winning because of fangirls?"[/size][/center]
Yes, it's true, lil Shiro-chan has only survived due to his immense popularity when any other writer would've run out of asspulls to avoid keeping him alive a long time ago. This is new territory as I've always actually disliked Hitsugaya, most down to his whole general demeanour and said asspulls keeping him alive, despite the fact he's jobbed every fight he's ever been involved in and yet still believes himself to be a superbly capable warrior.

[b][EDIT][/B] VINDICATION!!! As of the "Masked" Bleach databook Kubo has admitted he only keeps certain characters around because they're popular with female fans! Granted it sucks that Hitsugaya will never die because of plotkai but it's nice to know I was right.

[center][img]http://keikakudoori.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/nn.png?w=225&h=332[/img]
[b]Nina Einstein - Code Geass[/b]
[size=1]"Euphemia-sama!! Filthy subhuman Elevens!! Ooh table-kun <3"[/size][/center]
I actually lack words to describe properly my feelings towards Nina Einstein. On the one hand there's an overpowering hate for the psychotic, WMD-developing, table-humping, xenophobic lesbian and on the other there's immense disbelief that the level of stupidity required for Nina to do all the terrible things she has done and remain ignorant of this stupidity (Armed rebels don't like it when I use racist names to their faces? Really?) or evil (A nuclear weapon augmented with the most potent superconductor in history detonated over a heavily populated city will kill tens of millions of people? Truly?) could actually be real. I suppose disgust fits best but the hate is there propping it up.[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

I was going to do this 1 by 1 (to keep the topic going) but what the heck. Might as well go for it.

[IMG]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090412060661/naruto/images/a/ae/Naruto_Uzumaki.jpg[/IMG]

My 2nd most hated character behind Shinji. Actually, Naruto is tied with the next character. Anyway, while I haven't been keeping up with recent events I do recall me still not caring for Naruto one bit. I never liked him in part one and while I can tolerate him somewhat now I still can't stand him. Him going on and on about Sasuke killed any and whatever little respect I had for him. [spoiler]Especially the little chat he had with the Raikage... Dangit, if the anime is not going into filler soon then that part is coming up[/spoiler].

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefP1E0JM6SUAVF.jzbkF/SIG=12oqp9c1t/EXP=1279485301/**http%3a//media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/14787/400232-shippo02_thumb.jpg[/IMG]

Yep, him and Naruto are tied. Comic relief.... The thing is not funny imo. I really can't stand that he's so quick to side with Kagome even though Kagome is the one that be in the wrong. (Sango bothers me with that as well as Miroku) And for the most part I just don't like characters who're there to be comic relief.

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefOkEkJM4SUAU1KjzbkF/SIG=1256v428f/EXP=1279484964/**http%3a//dragonball.mytopix.com/img/k/krillin-0.jpg[/IMG]

Like Shippo, can't stand characters who is there for just comic relief. And the sheer fact that he's #1 to go on this "we need Goku" or "if Goku were here" kit is irritating. Stop being so dependant on him. (I really don't like the DBZ cast anymore outside of a couple Future Trunks)

More to come. Edited by Magus

[center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Code_Geass_-_Lelouch_of_the_Rebellion_R2_-_02_030_0001.jpg[/img][/center]

[color=indigo]Yeah, I know I am a horrible person. After all, no one else chose a crippled character as their "most hated" anime character. Still, every time Nunnally Lamperouge made an appearance on [b]Code Geass[/b] I prayed that Zero would use his abilities to have someone push her wheel chair down several flights of stairs. Unfortunately, it never came to be.

So why do I hate her so much when [b]Code Geass[/b] is full of other easy to hate characters (Nina and Yufinia both come to mind)? I think it is because that, even early in the series, it is fairly obvious that Nunnally is going to screw up Zero's plan big time. Once I realized that Nunnally was going to be Zero's undoing I just wanted to scream at my tv everytime she made an appearance. Really, it is too bad that Rollo didn't take her out.[/color] Edited by Heaven's Cloud

Haha, I never liked Nunnally either, mostly because I despise the crippled little sister character whose sole reason for existence is to give the lead character an extra kick of sympathy. It's so artificial and manipulative, in a bad way, and I cannot stand it at all.

Allen contributes in a huge way to all the worst parts of [b]Escaflowne[/b], particularly his part in the Allen/Van/Hitomi love triangle. So unbelievably awful. Everything about Allen sucks, which is a shame because he's cool upon first appearance.

I didn't [i]hate[/i] Otani, but he's not really a character type I like all that much. The stupidity of those characters just serves to stretch out the courtship ever longer, which is annoying as hell. At a certain point, you just want Risa and Otani to get together so that you don't facepalm at any more dumbness on his end.

[quote name='Magus' date='16 July 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1279323323' post='697389']
My kind of thread where I can bash characters and get no lip for it... :biggrin:

[img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/202/a/c/Ikari_Shinji_by_StalkerOfTheShadows.jpg[/img]

Truthfully, I can't stand the entire cast of NGE, but Shinji is my main target here. I cannot stand characters with no backbone. It's one thing to be shy, but it's another thing to be all whiny with no backbone at all. (Factor in all the depression... Man, this series was just one big bad experience and I want my 26 episodes x 30 minutes of life back) I've been told countless times that that's what real teens go through when faced in a situation like that. That maybe true... I wouldn't know since all I see when kids/teens go through a situation similar to Shinji are kids being rebellious.

There are a couple characters that match the hatred I have for Shinji but I'll wait a bit for them.
[/quote]

You took the words out of my mouth.

[quote name='Shinmaru' date='23 July 2010 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1279900866' post='697698']
At a certain point, you just want Risa and Otani to get together so that you don't facepalm at any more dumbness on his end.
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I dunno, I was really hoping that Risa would just falcon pawnch him and end it that way. It woulda been a lot more gratifying, to say the least.

Though, that may have been a large part of why I grew to despise him, as well as the rest of the series. I mean, alright, they get together [okay, is that REALLY a spoiler? I don't think it is -- it's a formulaic shoujo series, OF COURSE THEY'LL GET TOGETHER]. And it went on for like, what? Four or five more episodes? What was the point? To create more conflict? He didn't cause enough of that on his own? Did they really need an even episode number, so they just went "OKAY LET'S THROW TOGETHER ANY STUPID REASONS FOR TWO TEENAGERS TO GET INTO A FIGHT IN THESE LAST FEW EPISODES" to stretch it out? WHYYYY? Although, I guess that's more of an argument about the series itself, and not really Otani himself.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Gavin' date='17 July 2010 - 02:09 PM' timestamp='1279390146' post='697404']
[size="2"][font="Tahoma"]*cracks neck* Alright, let's do this.

[center][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ouC92wvILSw/SKliimgacWI/AAAAAAAADSg/ExotNu41aQ0/s400/Uchiha-Sasuke-naruto-pictures.jpg[/img]
[b]Uchiha Sasuke - Naruto[/b]
[size="1"]"Revenge is a dish best served with every course of every meal you're ever going to eat...with the wrong cutlery!"[/size][/center]
I'm one of those people who actually liked Sasuke when he started out, he was a nice alternative to the obnoxious, loud, generally clueless Naruto who better fit the generally accepted style of a ninja. Over the years however he's transformed into a one-dimensional, omnidirectional betrayer obsessed with avenging his clan despite learning they're a hereditary group of assholes and traitors themselves (except for Itachi of course). He's become dull and predictable where as Naruto has grown and developed into an interesting character who's carrying a hell of a lot more emotional baggage than Sasuke on his worst day.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]You, sir, have won my heart with that paragraph. I came into this thread specifically to tear Sasuke a new one to get it off my chest (I actually only started watching Naruto a few months ago, I know I'm a bit behind the ball on that one :sweatdrop: ) but it seems like you've done that for me (though I despised him from the start). I hate that cry baby.[/font][/color] Edited by White

The first thought that ran through my mind when I read the title of this thread was "Yeah, time to hate on Allen from Escaflowne." but that was covered in the first reply so I'm going to go with my number two choice:

That being this assclown right here:

[img]http://www.freewebs.com/sesshomaru6600/sesshomaru-blue.jpeg[/img]

For the record let me state that I am not, nor have I ever, been a fan of Inuyasha.  My ex-girlfriend at the time, however, was a HUGE fan of that series and of Fluffy there in particular.  Being in competition with a girly-looking emo/demon bishounen for my true love's affection did tend to leave me with a lasting hatred for his sissy-looking ass.

Oh, and speaking of sissy.....

I once posted on a friend's Inuyasha fansite that Sesshomaru was a cross-dresser because he wears makeup and furs and then repeatedly referred to him as "Sissyshomaru" for a while.  Man, I got so much hate mail (and a couple of death threats) from underage Fluffy fangirls that my hatred for the guy reached a whole new level of intensity.

And this being the #2 object of my hate you can only imagine how much I detest Allen Schezar. Edited by The Tentacle

[IMG]http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q420/SeveranceShadow/zarbon.jpg[/IMG]
Yeah... I'm not really sure why I picked this specific member of the Guinyu Force, but I remember back when I was younger my cousin and I harbored this unusually deep hatred for Zarbon. I guess it was because he acted like he was better than everyone else on the force, but he was just as horrible.

[IMG]http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy48/ct04/Decorated%20images/kikyo.gif[/IMG]
I don't like Kikiyo at all either. She is a jealous dead girl. She needs to just give up on life already and move on. I haven't seen all of Inuyasha (those fillers got redunkulus) but I remember always hating her. "Oh Inuyasha I love you so much I'm going to kill you and bring you down with me rather then let you live your life IN PEACE AND HAPPINESS!" Whatever. Just don't like her. Kagome is not much better in my opinion either.

[quote name='Elk' date='24 July 2010 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1280015724' post='697814']
[IMG]http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q420/SeveranceShadow/zarbon.jpg[/IMG]
Yeah... I'm not really sure why I picked this specific member of the Guinyu Force, but I remember back when I was younger my cousin and I harbored this unusually deep hatred for Zarbon. I guess it was because he acted like he was better than everyone else on the force, but he was just as horrible.
[/quote]
Just a minor correction. Zarbon was never part of the Ginyu Force.

[quote name='Magus' date='25 July 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1280083084' post='697879']
Just a minor correction. Zarbon was never part of the Ginyu Force.
[/quote]
I see. My memory is really going.
I have to watch all these animes again to remember all the things about the characters I hate.
Thanks. =]

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='White' date='24 July 2010 - 04:54 AM' timestamp='1279943682' post='697735']
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]You, sir, have won my heart with that paragraph. I came into this thread specifically to tear Sasuke a new one to get it off my chest (I actually only started watching Naruto a few months ago, I know I'm a bit behind the ball on that one :sweatdrop: ) but it seems like you've done that for me (though I despised him from the start). I hate that cry baby.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Heh, well I admit after a while his "avenge my clan" thought line became a bit annoying but he was still nowhere near as bad as Naruto in the first two arcs for me.[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

This brat here.
[attachment=14880:misty.gif]
[size="1"]"Hi, I'm Misty and I've been wearing the same clothes since I was three years old!"[/size]

I know, I know. "Why would you hate her she's so HAWT lol?!" Well, here's why. I was recently re-watching the first season of Pokemon and you know what? I hate Misty. She's a whiny jerk and always has been. I mean, of course Ash is an idiot, but he was just starting out as a trainer! Of course he's not going to know all this stuff about Pokemon, Pokemon types, and gyms. She was a snobby ***** and always had to complain about something! Ash had been working pretty hard through the episodes and Misty just kept putting him down! She didn't have to stay! She could have given Ash a mailing address so he could send her money for her bike and MOVED THE HELL ON. But everywhere she went she would be complaining about sleeping in the wilderness and the lack of showers around every corner. She shouldn't be complaining! She had no reason to be there!

Here goes number two.
[attachment=14881:faye.jpg]
[size="1"]"I'm just here to be the stereotypical sex appeal."[/size]

Ah, Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop. She really is one of my least favorite anime women. This is another example of a main character having no reason to stay with the rest of the main characters. She and Misty seemed to have a lot in common, the whining, the complaining, the snobby attitude... She annoyed me in the first episode she appeared in, but then it just kept getting worse. She constantly needed saving and was always having her innner struggles about memory loss toward the end of the series. It was nice that she was a decent fighter and could be a pretty good pilot, but she was mostly there to look good with a gun.

Actually, I seem to hate a lot of female anime characters. >_>

[font="Comic Sans MS"]While I disagree with both of those, chibi, it does bring to mind how easily attempts at sex appeal can go horribly awry.

Which brings me to this:

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090702150604/naruto/images/thumb/7/72/Karin3.png/300px-Karin3.png[/img]
[font="Book Antiqua"][i]"I'm just here to act as a surrogate so Masashi Kishimoto doesn't have to draw himself drooling over his own drawings!"[/i][/font][/center]

Now let me preface this with some context. I have a thing for redheads. A major thing. red hair is like, the first physical trait I notice in women. I seriously went to [i]Julie & Julia[/i] just to see Amy Adams. I also have a thing for girls with glasses. It's not as major as redheads, but it's prominent enough to be notable. So, taken to a logical conclusion, I'd go crazy over a redhead with glasses, right?

This, my friends, is my ultimate proof that Masashi Kishimoto has a supernatural ability to ruin everything.

Karin is, for lack of a more potent term, disgusting. She looks gross, her outfit is tacky and she's the creepiest motherblanker to ever grace the pages of Shonen Jump. Let's just start with the [url="http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8366/1175351326382kw6.jpg"]outfit[/url]. It's a full coat with a bare midriff and short shorts, finished off with thigh-high stockings and sandals (grievous sin #1: socks with sandals). This appears to be some kind of misguided attempt to appeal to every fetish ever all at once. Just slap on some cat ears and the ensemble is complete. It clashes, it looks stupid and what the hell is the point of a bare midriff when you have that much shirt leftover? It's later revealed that she wears the heavy shirt to conceal all the bite marks she has because people can regain health by giving her hickeys or something.

[b][center][size="7"]EW.[/size][/center][/b]

Now all of that wouldn't be nearly so bad if her creator didn't keep insisting that she's supposed to be sexy. He keeps putting her in awkward, fanservice-y situations in order to increase her appeal. This is the anime equivalent of the entirety of the movie [i]Showgirls[/i].

But by far the worst of it is her personality. She's an obsessive Sasuke stalker (yeah, that guy who's been mentioned in this very thread at least three times already). She hangs around him just for the sake of hanging around him, she sniffs his sweaty garments(!) and she constantly goes on and on to her other teammates about how she and him will get married and have babies forever after. She's basically every other under-20 girl in this series, but turned up to eleven and made to look gross.

Oh, I should probably mention why exactly he physical appearance is so appalling. She's Sasuke.

No, seriously, look at her. Her hair, her face, everything. It's Sasuke Uchiha after he grew out his hair, dyed it pink, started wearing glasses and decided to take up touching himself in front of a mirror.

In short, Karin is everything wrong with every fanbase, but mostly everything wrong with Naruto, since she's basically a failed female version of the guy whose very existence demands the plots that are ruining the series. At this point, she's Kishimoto's surrogate, made solely for the purpose of fulfilling his fantasies with this character he made up.

Karin is Masashi Kishimoto's Bella Swan.[/font]

[quote name='NeedMoarRope' date='19 August 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1282256514' post='699623']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Karin is Masashi Kishimoto's Bella Swan.[/font]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Agreed. Creepy stalker girl is creepy and has dented my immense lust for redheaded women with glasses.[/size][/font]

[b]I have to contribute to this topic after learning some new things about this character.

[center][img]http://i38.tinypic.com/2vn2z3o.jpg[/img][/center]

Her name is Minai Ruo and she's what's known as a Shikibane Hime (basically, an undead girl that fights other undead creatures.) She's from an anime called [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikabane_Hime"]Shikibane Hime.[/url]
Now the strange thing is, that this is a love/hate relationship. I absolutely love her character and wish she could be in more episodes. But at the same time, I never want to see her again. It's complicated, so I'll explain with spoiler tags. :suave:

All Shikibane Hime have a monk watching over them that they've made a contract with. Well once there's no contract, the Shikibane Hime die. [SPOILER]And this is just what happens to Minai. Her contracted monk, Isaki is a real jerk and treats her like dirt. Supposedly though they still have a bond together. So long story short, she is thanked by the main character of this anime (a young boy that's a brother of one of the monks named Oori. He's a normal school kid at first,) so then she begins to like hanging out with him.

Finally, the moment most people are waiting for happens and the jerk monk Isaki gets what's coming to him and he dies. However, now Minai is left without a contract so she gets sick and starts turning into a monster that needs to be killed. They mention that she can be joined to her new friend Oori to stop this, but what does she do? She says that she belongs to Isaki still. At first I thought they just killed her even though she could be saved, but recently I found out that she had the choice of being with Oori but she turned it down and chose to die for no reason.[/SPOILER]

It's thanks to this that I don't watch the show anymore. I guess I was just really hoping that they would do what they hinted at instead of how it actually turned out. Also, I don't hate too many anime characters so she's really the only one I could say I have strong feelings against. :sweatdrop: [/b] Edited by Lilt

[IMG]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w201/AbaraiRenji_2007/abarai_renji.jpg[/IMG]

I have to say Renji has been the biggest letdown of all the Soul Society. This guy just continually gets on my nerves. I mean, I respected him at first because he seemed like one of the cooler and tougher Vice Captains but as time went on, I saw nothing but letdowns. He is always available to go on some sort of mission with Ichigo but hardly ever adds any real help. Other vice captains make him look bad even though he has a bankai and they dont. Im glad he isn't a captain because his squad would suck bad. Its a good thing he has Byakuya as a captain or he would have to be gotten rid of.

[IMG]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w160/maiz_bucket/krillin.jpg[/IMG]

Wow...Krillin. Its really a talent to suck so bad. I think I can sum of Krillin by saying this
Krillin: Hey guys Im here to help. DESTRUCTO DISK!!!!
(Bad guy smacks it away or uses it to play frisbee with)
Krillin: My best attack...oh well at least I ca-(SMACK!!!)
Goku: Ahh man Krillin got killed........AGAIN. Dangit...now we gotta find those stupid dragonballs and wish his @$# back to life...what a waste.

I am surprised no one has mentioned this guy yet.

[center][u][b]Ito, Makoto
[/b][/u][/center]
[center][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_f-viBbVOAVw/RqEzBlZ6vkI/AAAAAAAAAAk/_QvR81CvfaE/s320/vlcsnap-5755546.png[/img][/center]

Warning: Contains spoilers
[spoiler]This guy is the very definition of "asshole *****". Girls if you think your boyfriend treats you bad, you have no idea how good you actually have it compared to what this guy does to girls. He first starts off with an innocent crush on a quiet decent girl, Kotonoha. However, he is too wimpy to take any initiative. So one of his good friends Sekai decides to help him out. Together they practice going on dates, and Sekai tries to shape Makoto into the ideal guy (oh how this fails). Eventually Sekai manages to give Makoto some back bone and he goes and asks out Kotonoha. The two hit it off but eventually it develops into a love triangle. Sekai realizes she likes Makoto and using the "help him with girls" guys she gets more intimate to teach him things. Eventually the two have sex. When Makoto realizes the world of sex he feels that things are going too slow with Kotonoha so he starts ignoring her. Eventually Sekai and Makoto are going at it like bunnies until whoops, she gets pregnant. Instantly Makoto ditches all responsibility. He acts out, hits Sekai and ignores her because getting her pregnant is totally not his fault. He then proceeds to **** other girls, even in threesomes because rumors went around that Makoto was good at sex. He ignores Kotonoha and the pregnant Sekai until Sekai seems to convince him to take some responsibility. Once again Makoto goes into rage and tries to run away from his responsibility by ******* around. Biggest ***** in anime history ever. I won't go any further because this is already spoiler full.[/spoiler] Edited by Blue

[quote name='Blue' date='23 August 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1282591125' post='699769']
I am surprised no one has mentioned this guy yet.

[center][u][b]Ito, Makoto
[/b][/u][/center]
[center][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_f-viBbVOAVw/RqEzBlZ6vkI/AAAAAAAAAAk/_QvR81CvfaE/s320/vlcsnap-5755546.png[/img][/center]

Warning: Contains spoilers
[spoiler]This guy is the very definition of "asshole *****". Girls if you think your boyfriend treats you bad, you have no idea how good you actually have it compared to what this guy does to girls. He first starts off with an innocent crush on a quiet decent girl, Kotonoha. However, he is too wimpy to take any initiative. So one of his good friends Sekai decides to help him out. Together they practice going on dates, and Sekai tries to shape Makoto into the ideal guy (oh how this fails). Eventually Sekai manages to give Makoto some back bone and he goes and asks out Kotonoha. The two hit it off but eventually it develops into a love triangle. Sekai realizes she likes Makoto and using the "help him with girls" guys she gets more intimate to teach him things. Eventually the two have sex. When Makoto realizes the world of sex he feels that things are going too slow with Kotonoha so he starts ignoring her. Eventually Sekai and Makoto are going at it like bunnies until whoops, she gets pregnant. Instantly Makoto ditches all responsibility. He acts out, hits Sekai and ignores her because getting her pregnant is totally not his fault. He then proceeds to **** other girls, even in threesomes because rumors went around that Makoto was good at sex. He ignores Kotonoha and the pregnant Sekai until Sekai seems to convince him to take some responsibility. Once again Makoto goes into rage and tries to run away from his responsibility by ******* around. Biggest ***** in anime history ever. I won't go any further because this is already spoiler full.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[color=indigo]That actually sounds like my favorite anime character ever ;p[/color]