OtakuBoards

my yearly status report.

CaNz

as i am sure you can imply, august 13, 2009 was my starting date.
<------------
i was never really intending on meeting so many people or even frequenting the site as often as i do (my own laptop really helps with that) but i am glad i did.
it kinda makes me wonder what keeps all of you coming back.

anyways i encluded a few picks of me at my OB birthday party... thanks to all of you that gave me cakes.
[attachment=14867:6a00d8341c630a53ef00e553ccf7168833-800wi.jpg]
[attachment=14868:090825dailybeast--125119995616897500.jpg]
[attachment=14869:china-panda-birthday-01.jpg]
[attachment=14870:Panda-Birthday-Cake.jpg]
[attachment=14871:panda_eating_cake.jpg] Edited by CaNz

The people and the silliness, plain and simple. I ended up here after a friend told me about it, and it reall interested me. I made an account and started my idiocy spree. I think I butted heads with some mods at first, though I didn't mean to. Eventually, I calmed down and decided that if I was going to stay, I'd need to be a little bit more wary of rules. Shy really helped a lot with that part when he made the Padded Room Party thread. It was a place I could spam without getting into trouble!

I don't think I ever even tried to quit OB. If something is fun and you love it, then why would you give it up? I guess I'm not one of those members that can leave for a month and come back as if nothing's happened. This place is my drug of choice and if I don't get here at least 3 times a day, I get very moody.

Congrats on your one year anniversary, bro~! :) Edited by chibi-master

I haven't been here long enough to have actually left yet but I wound up here after the group I've hung out with for the last 4 or 5 years began to break up and move apart.  I decided it was time to kick my old habits, reinvent myself and start over again.  A lot of people made me feel welcome when I showed up here so I figured I'd stick around for a while.

Congratulations on your one-year anniversary dude.  Here's hoping you'll have many more. Edited by The Tentacle

Congratulations on your one year anniversary. You look very cute in your pictures. Especially, the one with cake all over your face.

What keeps me coming back to OB?
Well, I have asked the same question myself. The answer is I don't know. This the only forum board where I never completely disappear from. This place is like a drug. I go in rehab for a few months. but if I get even just a little taste I'm back for while. I don't think I'll ever leave here completely. At least not for a while.

[quote name='Cat' date='13 August 2010 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1281729661' post='699352']
You look very cute in your pictures. Especially, the one with cake all over your face.
[/quote]
haha, thank you!! <333
that one was the best cake, but the chef didn't seem too happy about my table manners, but after i scarfed down four other cakes i guess i cant blame him.

OB just seems so different to me... i cant say i am forum fanatic, but i have been to my share, and this is the only one that i ever actually think about the other users.
i know that a forum is used to converse with people, but i cant say that i have ever had a sence of comrodery with anyone online besides this site.

[b]First off, congratulations on your one year anniversary! :biggrin:

And I originally joined because OB was the one place I could find active and creative role playing (and it still is the only place. Seriously, nothing else beats the RPs we have here.)

I've made some people annoyed or upset because I usually get busy, but everyone has been great here so I can't leave either.

However, the RPs did die down a lot during the OB move and before that, so I would have maybe thought about leaving if it hadn't been for certain people.

That's right! If it wasn't for you CaNz and chibi and Botar and a lot of other people, I wouldn't have discovered the crazy fun everyone else was having on this site.

So it's all thanks to you guys and everyone else in the [color="#FF00FF"]Padded Room Party![/color] (I wanted to make this rainbow but I couldn't, so pink will have to do.)

Seriously though, I don't know what I would have done without everyone there. It really gave new meaning to OB for me.[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='13 August 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1281739527' post='699366'][b]
And I originally joined because OB was the one place I could find active and creative role playing (and it still is the only place. Seriously, nothing else beats the RPs we have here.)

I've made some people annoyed or upset because I usually get busy, but everyone has been great here so I can't leave either.

However, the RPs did die down a lot during the OB move and before that, so I would have maybe thought about leaving if it hadn't been for certain people.

That's right! If it wasn't for you CaNz and chibi and Botar and a lot of other people, I wouldn't have discovered the crazy fun everyone else was having on this site.[/b]
[/quote]

Awwz! your too kind Lilt. OBwouldnt be the same without you! even in those times when you get busy we just fight amongst ourselves over you.[spoiler]by the way chibi... i tied the ostrich's shoelaces together! Bwahaha![/spoiler]

but anyways i started for the sazme reason... i try ti stay as alive in RPs as possible here, mostly because i am trying to get better at writing serious stories. I think i have gotten much better in just a years time (though i have a long way to go) but looking back at some of my old posts in Earth 53 and The Great Rebellion showed me that i have gotten much better.

as far as the padded room goes i would have to say it is the best way to meet nice people ever... had it not existed i would never have gotten to know anyone here as well as i do.
(its funny because i can actually say that i know you guys, yet we have never met in person... i love OB)

hey everyone! check out Korey's big Mod Rod!
[IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/goodmad.jpg[/IMG]

another reason why i am here is to make sure you still have a job to do ;] Edited by CaNz

So, you've made it one revolution around the Sun, huh? May you have many more revolutions!

I'll admit that I've kept track of this site on and off (more off than on) as a non-member for some time now. I have a difficult time keeping up with too many sites, so I just designated theO as my site of choice in which I hang out. Still, some kind folks have occasionally tossed me links to interesting threads on here, so that always kept me interested in this site. Now I've finally joined years later, what keeps me coming back to OB is the level of civility on here (I'm sure others have had horror stories about other boards and forums), not to mention the quality of some of the more in-depth posts I've read here. I guess it's the quality that keeps me coming back.

And you, CaNz, were strange enough to befriend me, for some reason or other.

1 year, huh. Hard to believe this comin Halloween, I'd have been here for 5. Time flies.

That last pic.... I don't know if you're a fan of UFC, but that person looks like BJ Penn.

Anyway, as for why I continuously come back. Because you can't find another place on the net that have members that can be goofy and [strike]tamed[/strike] mellow as this one. You can literally talk about almost anything without folks getting riled up. I can say "I can't stand ______" and won't have to worry about getting my head bit off. Edited by Beretta

[quote name='chibi-master' date='15 August 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1281929330' post='699472'] It's part of what's so admirable about him!
[/quote]
mhhmmmm flatter me more!
i just seem to make friends when people post on there profiles. you get to know peoples personality faster.
as for you Magus/Beretta and your five years... im impressed but its not like staying here is hard... i think it would be hard for me to leave than come back.:]

well, i pretty much believe every word, i think this site is so care free that you can hang out here away from all the pressures of a normal life and say hi to a few people you have taken an interest in. I cant see me leaving on any terms other than a full on ban... and even then i would make an account just to see how everyone is doing.

Wait, you mean no one was ever like, "Yeah, I'm leaving this site...right now! Just watch me go...I'm going now, so don't hold me back." You know, the person who no longer believes in anything and emphasizes it by firmly sticking to that belief.

Also, I like the little conversations that go on in the profiles. Who knows where they'll lead, ya know?

• 11 months later...
It seems like only a year ago when I made this thread... however the day that I joined OB no longer seems so recent. Two years in and I still feel like I am just beginning this journey that will hopefully last a lifetime. My future with this forum is probably better left uncharted, but as long as I stay on this path I am sure that I will make more good friends, and have a lot more good times.

The biggest change I have had over this last year has to be joining TheOtaku for the Chatroom. The relationships I had built on the forum over a year and a half were shifted into hyperdrive, allowing me to talk with cool people here on a regular basis. It is true that it might have caused me to post less in a Padded Room... but that is probably for the best.

Also, I have spent quite a bit of time posting in the Art By Request section this year. With Lilt and I being the only two standard request filers, (and just recently Lyndy,) I spent a lot of time honing my skills in the graphic design field. Looking back to my first banner I can see just how far I have come. The feeling you get from giving someone something that they like is also a fun for me. Once and a while I will click on the Art By Request section and just scroll down. Seeing my name at the end of 90% of the threads since I have been here puts a smile on my face.

I figure this year will be more of the same, and I am really looking forward to it. This forum may not be the most productive use of my time, but it is a glorious way to waste it.

I come back when I've been drinking.

'cause to return in a sober state makes me depressed. The days when the Arena was, like, the BUSIEST PLACE EVA has gone. And like, me and another bunch of RPers were the big dons of that place.

And James never made me a mod after all the work I did there! Pffffffffffffffffffffffft. :(

Anyways, ciao for like another five months or somethin'. There be Tekillya in the corner. Edited by Vicky

[quote name='Vicky' timestamp='1313367777' post='708904']And James never made me a mod after all the work I did there! Pffffffffffffffffffffffft. :([/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Well, we can always change that. This would be the only problem:[/font]

[quote name='Vicky']Anyways, ciao for like another five months or somethin'. There be Tekillya in the corner.
[/quote]

:eh:

[quote name='Vicky' timestamp='1313367777' post='708904']
I come back when I've been drinking.

'cause to return in a sober state makes me depressed. The days when the Arena was, like, the BUSIEST PLACE EVA has gone. And like, me and another bunch of RPers were the big dons of that place.

And James never made me a mod after all the work I did there! Pffffffffffffffffffffffft. :(

Anyways, ciao for like another five months or somethin'. There be Tekillya in the corner.
[/quote]

INORITE? 'Sokay, I never did either. I stopped playing.

[quote name='James' timestamp='1313378334' post='708912']
[font=palatino linotype]Well, we can always change that. This would be the only problem:[/font]

:eh:
[/quote]

Yeah...she does that. Edited by Stephanie

It doesn't matter if James makes you a mod or not... If you just pretend like you are important you can get the respect without the work!

Besides, anyone can wave a :modrod: around and feel special. I feel pretty special already.

It's okay, I'd make a terrible moderator anyway. That's like an anarchist campaigning to be chief of police.

And I'm a very bad influence. If anyone was wondering... yes, I was drunk in the previous post.

I might come back and do an RPG in September when I'm back at University. You never know!

(Or I might just post troll faces everywhere. Take your god'amn pick!)

EDIT: In fact, yeah, I'ma do an RPG soon! In September at some point. Watch this space. Spread the word. And more importantly y'all better join. Edited by Vicky