OtakuBoards

Projects

Cat

[quote name='CaNz' date='05 December 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1291605219' post='702425']
you were always popular with me Cat,
not that it means much.

and I guess it makes sense why the teacher wants them in the picture... i didnt know it was a requirement.... -_-
[/quote]

Oops, I forgot to mention it. I'm extremely tired. I don't sleep anymore. I don't even know what sleep is. :sweatdrop: Edited by Cat

Last group of projects for this semester. These projects are from my Color Rendering class, Basic Graphic Design, and Typography. Next semester, I'll be posting my projects in this thread. This way I won't have to make a new one.

[b]Color Rendering: Composite a creature made up of real creatures and place it in its natural habitat.[/b]
This one isn't completely done. I'm still trying to blend him more into the background. My creature is made up of a giraffe, shark, two different types of eagles, and a lizard.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Richardsoncreature.jpg[/img]

[b]Basic Graphic Design[/b]

[b]Project 1: Create a package design for a product.[/b]
I did a the packaging for little dinosaur stuff animal. I don't think it came out to well, however I'm still learning. (created everything except the leaves and volcano images. All dinosaurs I created)

[b]Outside Box[/b]
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/dielinephotoshop654.jpg[/img]

[b]Inside box[/b]
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/stagedieline23.jpg[/img]

[b]Company logo for product[/b]
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/dinologo.png[/img]

[b]Project 2: Create a tee-shirt design[/b]

[b]Gambit Tee-shirt Design[/b]
This has probably been done before, however I like the simplicity of it. (Gambit is also my favorite X-Men character) There is more detail you can't see cause photobucket made the image smaller.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/teeshirt1.jpg[/img]

[b]Typography[/b]

[b]Project: Re-design an old vintage sign[/b]
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Richardsonsigns.jpg[/img]

CR: well I do see where things need a bit more blending, but i am very impressed with how well the creature turned out! you mixed in a lot of stuff, yet it doesn't look blocky or too strange. honestly the only thing that really stood out at start is the realistic background. other than that it blends pretty well.

P1: I couldn't disagree more, I think this one is brilliant. the box looks ridiculously professional, i could easily see this at a toys 'R' us store. plus the product you made up looks adorable... i kinda wan't one even though i know it isn't real... i guess the box looks kinda wordy, but that would probably be a hook for parents that would potentially buy it. (if they already read all that i guess buying it would be the next logical step) I think this is my favorite real life application yet.

P2: the color scheme kinda looks like an inversion and the Text seems a little less unique... maybe that is the future!
i dunno, you picked a really cool retro sign and i think you mad kinda more of the same really cool retro sign. I like your color scheme better as well as how the Capri text seems to glow, but i think but its not a giant improvement. maybe only fifty years in the future rather than a jetsons age (for that i would want to see it being propelled by rockets and use holographic imagery)

[quote name='Boo' date='08 December 2010 - 09:42 AM' timestamp='1291826542' post='702523']
I could imagine that Motel sign to be featured in the Jetsons.
[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote name='CaNz' date='08 December 2010 - 10:56 AM' timestamp='1291831008' post='702524']
CR: well I do see where things need a bit more blending, but i am very impressed with how well the creature turned out! you mixed in a lot of stuff, yet it doesn't look blocky or too strange. honestly the only thing that really stood out at start is the realistic background. other than that it blends pretty well.

P1: I couldn't disagree more, I think this one is brilliant. the box looks ridiculously professional, i could easily see this at a toys 'R' us store. plus the product you made up looks adorable... i kinda wan't one even though i know it isn't real... i guess the box looks kinda wordy, but that would probably be a hook for parents that would potentially buy it. (if they already read all that i guess buying it would be the next logical step) I think this is my favorite real life application yet.

P2: the color scheme kinda looks like an inversion and the Text seems a little less unique... maybe that is the future!
i dunno, you picked a really cool retro sign and i think you mad kinda more of the same really cool retro sign. I like your color scheme better as well as how the Capri text seems to glow, but i think but its not a giant improvement. maybe only fifty years in the future rather than a jetsons age (for that i would want to see it being propelled by rockets and use holographic imagery)
[/quote]

CR: I really couldn't get him to blend any better today. I just turned it in looking pretty much the same.

P1: Seriously, I thought it was completely horrible!

P2: Yay, that was my last project, I had to do. I admit I was pretty tired and was having a hard time with it. Typography isn't my strongest classes.

[quote name='Cat' date='08 December 2010 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1291846998' post='702530']
CR: I really couldn't get him to blend any better today. I just turned it in looking pretty much the same.
[/quote]
i think the problem is more the background. maybe a few adjustments to make the scenery look less like a picture with a drawing put in it, and make it more like just a drawing.

[quote name='CaNz' date='08 December 2010 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1291859891' post='702537']
i think the problem is more the background. maybe a few adjustments to make the scenery look less like a picture with a drawing put in it, and make it more like just a drawing.
[/quote]

Yeah, tried doing that then turned it back. I didn't like it. lol Oh well, I really hated the project anyway.

• 1 month later...
I'm back with some very basic projects that I have done. These are from Product Advertising and Indesign classes. The Indesign stuff is terrible. It is my weakest subject.

[b]Indesign[/b]
[b]Business card: None of the info is real. I made most of it up except for my name.[/b]
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/KirstinBC226.jpg[/img]

[b]Bookmark[/b]
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/KirstinBookmark226.jpg[/img]

[b]Product Advertising[/b]
[b]Emotion Opposites Symbols: Depression and Joy[/b]
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/oppositesymbols.jpg[/img]

[quote]
I'm back with some very basic projects that I have done. These are from Product Advertising and Indesign classes. The Indesign stuff is terrible. It is my weakest subject.

[b]Indesign[/b]
[b]Business card: None of the info is real. I made most of it up except for my name.[/b]
[/quote]
Though I am disappointed that the number I have been calling is fake... It looks really well done. I am not very fond of cursive writing in things that are meant to be read often, but It is still rather legible because of the dark font on the light background.
[quote]
[b]Bookmark[/b]
[/quote]
Well, since I have been made aware of David Bowie's eyes, you captured an interesting part of his likeness. I like the gray, and the Quote is nicely placed. The cursive goes well with it in this case but it is kinda hard to read in white... though not horrible.
[quote]
[b]Product Advertising[/b]
[b]Emotion Opposites Symbols: Depression and Joy[/b]
[/quote]
Well the college template looks really impressive! very professional :P

Anyways, the first thing that stands out are the opposing colors, Dark cold colors for sad, bright Warm colors for happy just makes sense. The Jump for joy works really well because it specifically asked for joy. The sun... is kinda just there... but It makes the jump look like its really high I guess! as for depression I really like how its mostly a black canvas. It looks a little bit too much like an inversion with the white hair I think.. but other than that I love the tattered feel. The picture looks like its falling apart like people suffering through depression. Crying is nothing super original, but I like how the tears are a different color. It really makes it stand out.

Anyways great work again Cat! you are constantly bringing a variety of awesomeness! Edited by CaNz

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1296688248' post='704643']
Though I am disappointed that the number I have been calling is fake... It looks really well done. I am not very ond of cursive writing in things that are meant to be read often, but It is still rather legible because of the dark font on the light background.

Well, since I have been made aware of David Bowie's eyes, you captured an interesting part of his likeness. I like the gray, and the Quote is nicely placed. The cursive goes well with it in this case but it is kinda hard to read in white... though not horrible.

Well the college template looks really impressive! very professional :P

Anyways, the first thing that stands out are the opposing colors, Dark cold colors for sad, bright Warm colors for happy just makes sense. The Jump for joy works really well because it specifically asked for joy. The sun... is kinda just there... but It makes the jump look like its really high I guess! as for depression I really like how its mostly a black canvas. It looks a little bit too much like an inversion with the white hair I think.. but other than that I love the tattered feel. The picture looks like its falling apart like people suffering through depression. Crying is nothing super original, but I like how the tears are a different color. It really makes it stand out.

Anyways great work again Cat! you are constantly bringing a variety of awesomeness!
[/quote]

Sorry, can't have too many people bothering me. I write in cursive, it second nature to me.

The bookmark image is from a vector I did a while back that I liked. You'll never get over those eyes. The quote is the title of my favorite song of his.

I just forgot to take it off. A community college isn't that impressive.

You are the first one to get the Jump for Joy reference most have not understood it until I explained it to them. The sun was just add perspective to his jump. Plus, who doesn't love a sunny day with the weather everyone been having. The white hair was my biggest risk. It does look a bit like an inversion, I kind of like it that way though. ^-^

As for the crying those are eyelashes but being mistake as tears work too. :P Edited by Cat

• 2 months later...
I hope its ok that I double posted. My last post was from a while back. Here are some projects I have done these last few weeks. Comments and critiques are welcome.

Vector:
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Kirstinvector-01.jpg[/img]

Advertisements:
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Kirstincarad2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/kirstinfoodad.jpg[/img]

Photoshop Class:
Bookcover/Book Image
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/KirstinKnifethrower.jpg[/img]

Illustrator Class:
Voodoo Clip Art
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/122P2KirstinRichardson.jpg[/img] Edited by Cat

Vector:

I like the picture you chose, 'cause his smile is pretty unique. Anyways I like the hair, vector images usually seem to lose detail there but yours still has detail. I also really like the dimples.
I really cant think of anything you need to improve upon, but the eyes kinda look strange being two colors.... but I haven't seen the original photo.

Advertisements:
I really like the way you got rid of the sky, because white looks really good with your horse blur, text, and the logo. The horse blur/ transparency is pulled off well. I like how all parts of it are transparent, giving it the spirit look, and insinuating the car has the wild horse spirit too. Text wise I like the fancy cursive... I don't really like the bottom text, because I usually feel that those bold texts only look good very big or very high contrast. Also the pasting of the car doesn't look all that professional because the wheels are not covered by patches of grass and there is no shadows.... but editing those details can be difficult and I donno what project it was for, so it might have been perfectly okay to skip it. Also, the ford logo could have been bigger, there is a lot of open white space.
EDIT: just noticed your lower text is the same as the one you used in the frosted flakes one. I am all about time conservation so I take back my comment about it. the task of finding a new text probably wouldn't be worth the benefits.

The frosted flakes one is classic. My favorite one this round. Excellent vector work , and the picture of a tiger eating is pretty hilarious. The font looks good and the color scheme is perfect since e it reminds me of the box. I don't really know what the symbols are for, but they provide decent filler, though I would have liked to see more on topic stuff there like perhaps flakes or milk or something. also there wasn't any old logos. a Kellogs thing would be fun to see. Really I think this add could easily be used today though.... fantastic work here.

Photoshop Class:
I am not sure what is going on here but I like the Text, since it makes it look like a book cover. I like how the color tone between the three images (butterfly girl and knife) blend, however the outlines on both the knife and the girl might be a little too much at this magnification. I like that you put the shadow behind the girls head, because it does help it blend well. The dark cloudy background in general works well for the tone. My favorite part has to be her dress, as it its perfectly shaded.

Illustrator Class:
I dunno how to look at these, but as for simple drawing details I like the stitching on the Voodoo dolls, and the patterns on the snake, and the translate well with the image size change. Edited by CaNz

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1302229104' post='706340']
Vector:

I like the picture you chose, 'cause his smile is pretty unique. Anyways I like the hair, vector images usually seem to lose detail there but yours still has detail. I also really like the dimples.
I really cant think of anything you need to improve upon, but the eyes kinda look strange being two colors.... but I haven't seen the original photo.

Advertisements:
I really like the way you got rid of the sky, because white looks really good with your horse blur, text, and the logo. The horse blur/ transparency is pulled off well. I like how all parts of it are transparent, giving it the spirit look, and insinuating the car has the wild horse spirit too. Text wise I like the fancy cursive... I don't really like the bottom text, because I usually feel that those bold texts only look good very big or very high contrast. Also the pasting of the car doesn't look all that professional because the wheels are not covered by patches of grass and there is no shadows.... but editing those details can be difficult and I donno what project it was for, so it might have been perfectly okay to skip it. Also, the ford logo could have been bigger, there is a lot of open white space.
EDIT: just noticed your lower text is the same as the one you used in the frosted flakes one. I am all about time conservation so I take back my comment about it. the task of finding a new text probably wouldn't be worth the benefits.

The frosted flakes one is classic. My favorite one this round. Excellent vector work , and the picture of a tiger eating is pretty hilarious. The font looks good and the color scheme is perfect since e it reminds me of the box. I don't really know what the symbols are for, but they provide decent filler, though I would have liked to see more on topic stuff there like perhaps flakes or milk or something. also there wasn't any old logos. a Kellogs thing would be fun to see. Really I think this add could easily be used today though.... fantastic work here.

Photoshop Class:
I am not sure what is going on here but I like the Text, since it makes it look like a book cover. I like how the color tone between the three images (butterfly girl and knife) blend, however the outlines on both the knife and the girl might be a little too much at this magnification. I like that you put the shadow behind the girls head, because it does help it blend well. The dark cloudy background in general works well for the tone. My favorite part has to be her dress, as it its perfectly shaded.

Illustrator Class:
I dunno how to look at these, but as for simple drawing details I like the stitching on the Voodoo dolls, and the patterns on the snake, and the translate well with the image size change.
[/quote]

His eyes are off. Mostly cause I don't really see them. Here is the original image. [url="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/the-rock-game-plane-premiere-03.jpg"]Original image[/url]

For the type on the advertisement, The teacher told me to clean it up some and use a solid font for the bottom. Before it had cursive font similar to the other font. I had issues shading and stuff. It was fine before I was forced to make the car smaller.

The Frosted Flakes one still isn't really done. Its a work in progress. I'll take your comments into consideration. As for the old logos were not allowed to use them or the original slogans.

That was to first true photoshop project I had to do. The goal was to create an image based on the story the teacher gave us. We also had to make sure the image looks painted instead of like a photo for a challenge.

Those were voodoo clip arts done from a original sketches. I'm not to good at drawing and I was limited on subject matter. Edited by Cat

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1291599563' post='702417']
These are logo designs for my Art history class. The project was to re-design the logos for popular sports teams. I decided on the football teams New England Patriots and Dallas Cowboys because they were easy to re-design. The type on them is terrible, however luckily the teacher doesn't really care and allows me to relax a bit on the designs.

Dallas Cowboys Re-Design Logo
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Dallascowboyslogo.jpg[/img]

New England Patriots Re-Design Logo
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/logo105.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Have you shrunk either of these down? You're going to lose a ton of detail.

[quote name='ï½?ï½?ï½?ï½?ï½?ï½?' timestamp='1304960370' post='707233']
Have you shrunk either of these down? You're going to lose a ton of detail.
[/quote]

These were done in Adobe Illustrator CS4. Illustrator is a vector base program. These can be scaled done pretty well with out losing detail. The only iffy part is on the New England one, the old symbol would just become to small. Not that the detail would not be there it just would be to small to see the detail. It is the reason I like working with vectors. They are easily scalable without damage, cause they are not made up of pixels until rasterize. Once rasterize they are no longer vectors.

Vector Image Scaled
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/logo2.jpg[/img]

Raster Image Scaled
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/logo231.jpg[/img] Edited by Cat

• 3 months later...
Here are somethings from last semester that I haven't had the chance to upload. Criticism and feedback are welcome. Also be on the look out for new projects from this semester, including a small graphic novel project.

Pan's Labyrinth Movie Poster Created in Illustrator
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Kirstinrmovieposter.jpg[/img]

Realistic 3D Object Created in Illustrator
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/3dobjectfinal.jpg[/img]

Charity Advertisement Created in Photoshop
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/alley2.jpg[/img]

Food Advertisement Created in Photoshop
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/foodad.jpg[/img]

Blackmail Advertisement 1 Created in Photoshop and Illustrator.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/kirstinblackmailad.jpg[/img]

Blackmail Advertisement 2 Created in Photoshop and Illustrator.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/kirstinblackmailad1-4color.jpg[/img]

Blackmail Advertisement 3 Created in Photoshop and Illustrator.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/kirstinblackmailadBW.jpg[/img]

Rooster Theater Poster Created in Illustrator
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/roosterposter.jpg[/img]

Two-Page Spread Make-Up Advertisement Created in Photoshop
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/kirstin2pagead.jpg[/img]

Black & White Photograph Fixed and Colorized in Photoshop (This is a picture of my Daddy when he was a baby)
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/kirstinrichardsonrecolor.jpg[/img]

Book Cover Created in Photoshop and InDesign
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/kirstinbookcover1.jpg[/img] Edited by Cat

Pic 1: Amazing vector work, since the shades mix well with the background. I also like the first two fonts you used, however I didn't care much for the circles and the super thin font inside them. I think some storybook page looking squares would look nicer, and with the extra room it could allow you to use a bold version of that font

Pic 2: It looks realistic... I think that is a success.... I especially like how the legs look blurry, as if the shot glass has an opacity to it.

Pic 3: Beautiful black and white filter, and a perfect job avoiding the cat. (at least I think that is what you did) I really really really like the text and symbol, I think the lover text is also good, but the color is just a tiny bit off. Also, the website URL kinda blends in with the picture, and it should probably stand out a bit more.

Pic 4: Dr Pepper logo and text are in the perfect place, and the bottle and graphics are really cool looking... the only thing I can suggest might be making the logo and text a little bigger, to fill up more space and to intensify that line.

Pic 5: My favorite picture, I really can't think of a single thing wrong with this. Pretty girl, cool artsy background. cool text with a perfect color that matches the background, yet stays bold so you can read it. I love especially how the girl matches the bottles. Black hair and dress for the black bottle, White skin and background to match the other one, and rose heart and lipstick to match the red on both. This could easily be a poster.
Pic 6: Well, I really like the other one, so maybe I am comparing the two too much, but other than losing the color match-up, the product bottles look weird and blurry. The text looks really good still, and it still blends well with the graphics in the background. The girl being purple is catchy looking, but it looks like she has one arm since the white on the inside of the heart is preserved.

Pic 7: This picture looks pretty good, Without the purple it does have the color match-up, but the bottles still look odd. I like how you can see the fingers of the right hand and the girls dress through the heart in this picture.

Pic 8: This picture kinda creeps me out a little, since the vectored guy looks a little too realistic.
Pic 9: Very pretty spread. You did the color match-up again, and it looks nice. I like the fuzzy, space background that also shared the Red, Green, Brownish-black theme.
The font is nice and wavy. If the model wasn't doing a silly thing with her hands, and looking not so great in that makeup, I probably would like it more. The thing is, she looks silly, and that is gonna stop people from buying that makeup.

Pic 10: Ohmagosh so cute! *contains himself* Okay, well, I really like it, your color rendering skills, especially on the hair are pretty amazing, but I think you could have made the skin more vibrant somehow.

Pic 11: It looks just like a book I would find at the store, then not buy because it is from the author of Vampire Diaries. Good job though.