OtakuBoards

OB Bug Reports

Petie

[color="#0000FF"]Welcome to the new version of OtakuBoards! While you may not immediately notice any substantial new features, IPB 3.1 brings some very nice extras to OB. Of course, with any software upgrade, there are likely to be bugs. We tried to iron out everything we found on our test install but it's entirely possible we may have missed some. That's where you come in. Just browse the site as usual, check out the new features, and if you happen to notice anything that's broken or seems out of place, just let us know in this thread and we'll take care of it. Enjoy![/color]

[color=#4B0082]Okay, think I got the font size/color issue fixed. Let me know if you notice it being off anywhere else.

[b]Edit:[/b] There are some bugs with a few of the bb codes. I'm working on them, but if anyone notices something rendering different from how it used to, please post and let me know which tags are affected.[/color]

[font=palatino linotype]Just a couple of quick things to report that I've noticed recently.

First, if you are using Fast Reply and you try to click Other styles, Fonts or Sizes, the menus open upwards and they cut off at the first option - so you really can't see anything in the menus. Not sure if that's happening to me or to others as well.

Also...our emoticons. I don't know what happened here. Originally we had 26 emoticons loaded...now we only have 13 available. I checked the emoticon section on the Admin CP and I can only see those 13 (as well as the old default ones underneath, which are inactive).

I'm not sure where the other emoticons went; I'm assuming they are still sitting in a folder on the server somewhere. I don't think I've saved the re-coloured versions on my computer, so if I have to re-upload them... I'll also have to recolour the missing ones from scratch.[/font]

[quote name='Boo' timestamp='1292853360' post='702999']

[b]EDIT[/b] I just wanted to say that the " Manage Ignored" option seems a bit irrelevant to have in the drop down menu at the top, and I'd rather see "Edit Profile" up there for example.
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Remember that you can click on Edit Settings to access all of your editing options (profile, forums, etc...)

We might play around with that menu a bit when we've knocked over a couple of other bits and pieces that we still need to fix.[/font]

[color=#4B0082]The menus opening upwards just means there's not enough room below them to display the full list without it going off the screen. By default, they'll open downwards if there's enough space, and if not they'll open upwards. Or at least that's how Firefox renders drop-down menus.

The list getting cut off was a bug in the XL Basic skin's CSS, which I just fixed. Wet Paint wasn't affected.

It looks like the custom emoticons that used the same file names as default ones got overwritten, so I think you will have to reupload the missing ones. IPB seems to be kind of dumb like this, as it did the same thing with default bb tags that I had customized.

And yes, you can click the My Settings link in the userbar menu to edit all your profile information. Additionally, there's a big Edit my Profile button on your profile page itself that will take you to the settings page.[/color]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Haha, the same principle is true, Boo. :) Less clicks beats more clicks.

But now we have an auto-notifications system that we didn't have before as well...so that does make life a bit easier too. And if you knew what it took to just bend this software to do what it's doing now (in terms of the custom stuff that isn't on regular IP Board)...it would boggle your mind! :P[/font]

[color="#0000FF"]The point James made about auto-notifications is important. While everything is in a drop-down type menu right now, if there is a notification, it pushes itself into its own button to the right of that menu for instant access. I realize this doesn't help much for getting to your profile editor but it does ease the clicking for some of the more frequently used site features.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I'm not sure if this is upgrade-related or if it happened before the upgrade, but I've noticed that when you come close to the character limit in profile comments...OB cuts off part of the text (even though you're still under the character limit). It's kind of weird and confusing.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"][color="#556B2F"]I don't know if it is my e-mail that is wrong or if it is OB, but ever since the OB change, I haven't been getting e-mails from OB about new notifications, like comments and post replies. I checked my settings here on OB and it said that I should be receiving messages to my e-mail, but I'm not getting them. I did receive them for a bit after the change, but after a week or less, they stopped coming.[/color][/font]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Lyndy, I think I might know what this is. We've run into a problem with our email system due to the newsletter overloading our allowance for that account. I think that all OB-based emails may run into an issue now.

I am working with Adam to resolve that, so hopefully we'll have a solution soon. I'll let everyone know. :)

Sorry for the inconvenience - I know it must be very annoying.[/font]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1294180695' post='703632'][font="Palatino Linotype"]I'm not sure if this is upgrade-related or if it happened before the upgrade, but I've noticed that when you come close to the character limit in profile comments...OB cuts off part of the text (even though you're still under the character limit). It's kind of weird and confusing.[/font][/quote]
[color=#4B0082]I'm not sure what's up with this. I can't even find an option to set the character limit for profile comments.[/color]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]So, on and off for the past...maybe couple weeks, now, I wanna say, OB really enjoys hanging whenever I post. It usually finally autorefreshes or whatever and takes me to the thread I was posting in, but the hang is still rather pesky. It lasts anywhere from 10 seconds to almost an entire minute. Same with PMs, too. I seem to remember this happening when this version of OB was first implemented, so is it just related to that, or something else?[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[color=#4B0082]Hm, haven't had that happen. It's always loaded pretty fast for me when posting and stuff. What browsers are you guys using? And if you have more than one, does it happen in all of them?

It might also just be the server or somewhere along the path between it and you being slow, even if your net connection is fine.[/color]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]FF for me as well, and maybe it's the same for me even though I'm in the US? My connection can be dopey sometimes, but I don't get this problem anywhere else, so.

late edit: when I posted this just now [or then, rather], it was fairly quick, so...yay?[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1294711669' post='703779']
When I try to delete my post I get "[#10397] mod_no_delete_post"

Is deleting only for mods now?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You may be trying to hard delete (or permanently delete) your post. Members can soft delete their own posts but not hard delete them by the current settings. I'll talk to James and see what he wants to do as these are all new settings.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]As for the delay issue, I haven't seen it so I'm really not sure what's causing it yet.[/color]

Hey guys... I found an issue.
Okay so Dragoonsreaper found me on msn complaining that he forgot his password, and he couldn't get the email to reset it.
I tried this out for myself, and I know which email my account is connected to... and I didn't get the message either.
Perhaps someone with Website power should try this out too... but currently there is a poor member who was active for a while that is left outside the house in the cold, harsh internet wilderness.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1295116080' post='703917']
Hey guys... I found an issue.
Okay so Dragoonsreaper found me on msn complaining that he forgot his password, and he couldn't get the email to reset it.
I tried this out for myself, and I know which email my account is connected to... and I didn't get the message either.
Perhaps someone with Website power should try this out too... but currently there is a poor member who was active for a while that is left outside the house in the cold, harsh internet wilderness.
[/quote]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1294196208' post='703643']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Lyndy, I think I might know what this is. We've run into a problem with our email system due to the newsletter overloading our allowance for that account. I think that all OB-based emails may run into an issue now.

I am working with Adam to resolve that, so hopefully we'll have a solution soon. I'll let everyone know. :)

Sorry for the inconvenience - I know it must be very annoying.[/font]
[/quote]

[color=#4B0082]It's [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?showuser=4435]this member[/url] who needs to reset his password? I can reset it through the admin cp and e-mail the new password to him myself, and then he should be able to set his own once he can log in again.[/color]