OtakuBoards

OB Bug Reports

Petie

[color=#4B0082]As far as I know, there are still [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/forum-11/announcement-180-ob-email-issues/]issues[/url] with OB's e-mail system not being able to send out enough e-mails for everything.[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]To add a little to what James said, OB's email is handled through theOtaku's provider. Adam is allowed to send a certain number of emails per month across his entire account and once that limit is reached, further emails are rejected. Because OB generates so many email notifications, that limit is being reached so we either need to turn off the less important email notifications or get Adam to increase that limit. Please be patient as both options are considered.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[color="#006400"][font="Century Gothic"]So... where is my pink theme? I don't know how feasible it is to have the dancing girls again but is it at least possible to have more than just the orange or basic choices? I'd like to have pink highlighting instead of the blue of the basic if that's possible. Mainly cause our current choices are very, very blah. >_>[/font][/color]

[color="#0000ff"]We haven't gotten around to actually installing more themes yet as most of our efforts have been dedicated to dealing with bugs and major features. I'm sure this is something we'll be looking into in the near future though.[/color]

• 4 months later...
[FONT=Calibri]I just noticed some oddities with the 'block-spoiler' code. Seems that whatever is put between the tags also shows up immediately before the block, and with the word 'Spoiler' slapped onto the front of it.

E.g.:

[spoilerblock]The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.[/spoilerblock]

Of course, this can lead to some amusing silliness with the effect, but it's still kind of weird-looking.

[spoilerblock] is not contained within this block.[/spoilerblock]

Any ideas on what's causing it?[/FONT]

[spoilerblock='lolz']YO MOMMA IS FAT[/spoilerblock] Trying it out.

[ spoilerblock='lolz' ]YO MOMMA IS FAT[ /spoilerblock ]

Option is shown together with Spoiler. The content is hidden in the box. Best thing is to not enter an "option" or to use an "option" like "about yo momma" which will end up like the below. :V

[spoilerblock='about yo momma']YO MOMMA IS A BEAST OF A WOMAN, ROCKING SIDEBURNS AND A 'STACHE. [/spoilerblock] Edited by dark_apocalyps

[color=#4B0082]This looks like a bug in the way IPB handles options in bb tags. If the tag allows for an option value but none is given, instead of using nothing, it uses the content value for the option as well. Usually this doesn't show up since option values tend to be used within the replacement HTML tags where the bad data is simply not parsed by the browser, but in this case it completely breaks the spoilerblock tag.

So, two workarounds here, since I doubt this is fixable without digging through the board's PHP code: First, people could just have to specify an option value when using the spoilerblock tag. Second, I could change the tag to not use an option, but that would break all the current uses of the tag that already have an option specified.[/color]

[quote name='dark_apocalyps' timestamp='1315692404' post='709388']

Option is shown together with Spoiler. The content is hidden in the box. Best thing is to not enter an "option" or to use an "option" like "about yo momma" which will end up like the below. :V

[spoilerblock='about yo momma']YO MOMMA IS A BEAST OF A WOMAN, ROCKING SIDEBURNS AND A 'STACHE. [/spoilerblock]
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]I think this is probably the best way to use it, since we don't want to mess with existing/past spoilers on OB.[/font]

Is there anyway to have the text editor not do the whole "practical" thing where it keeps the text format of where you copied the text from? Also, when using HTML, OB gives priority to BB, so when I want to add a picture as a background, it won't work as the URL to the picture will be pasted as a link.

I like editors that do what I want them to do, not what they seem fitting. It's cool when Ctrl+B would make [b] tags appear, but I don't need the text in the editor to be bold.

This lad has a track record of just not seeing things like this, so. :< Edited by dark_apocalyps

[quote name='dark_apocalyps' timestamp='1315740451' post='709400']
Is there anyway to have the text editor not do the whole "practical" thing where it keeps the text format of where you copied the text from? Also, when using HTML, OB gives priority to BB, so when I want to add a picture as a background, it won't work as the URL to the picture will be pasted as a link.

I like editors that do what I want them to do, not what they seem fitting. It's cool when Ctrl+B would make [b] tags appear, but I don't need the text in the editor to be bold.

This lad has a track record of just not seeing things like this, so. :<
[/quote]
[color="#0000ff"]Go to your User CP and uncheck "Enable Visual (RTE) Editor?" under the General Settings tab and you should go back to a plain text editor. I just tested it though and it does seem a tiny bit buggy.[/color]

[quote name='Boo']Option is shown together with Spoiler. The content is hidden in the box. Best thing is to not enter an "option" or to use an "option" like "about yo momma" which will end up like the below. :V[/quote]
[quote name='Desbreko'][color="#4B0082"]This looks like a bug in the way IPB handles options in bb tags. If the tag allows for an option value but none is given, instead of using nothing, it uses the content value for the option as well. Usually this doesn't show up since option values tend to be used within the replacement HTML tags where the bad data is simply not parsed by the browser, but in this case it completely breaks the spoilerblock tag.

So, two workarounds here, since I doubt this is fixable without digging through the board's PHP code: First, people could just have to specify an option value when using the spoilerblock tag. Second, I could change the tag to not use an option, but that would break all the current uses of the tag that already have an option specified.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Actually, that just makes things clearer. The BB Code help page lists the general usage of the spoilerblock tag, but doesn't say anything about the option, so I didn't even know one was possible until you two pointed it out.

In that case, I don't think it's a serious bug at all. Perhaps a minor update to the help page, clarifying the 'option' option, would work?[/FONT]

• 6 months later...
[color=#0000ff]Since we have now moved to the newest version of our forum software, I'd just like to remind everyone that this thread is here in case you notice any problems. Please report them right away so we can deal with them as quickly as possible! Thanks![/color]

[color=#0000ff][b]Edit:[/b] Never mind - looks like we'll just use the announcement thread.[/color]