OtakuBoards

E V A N G E L I O N

James

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Just here to register my own interest now that I've finished NGE.

Just a little thought, we know from the series that humanity is a descendant of Lillith but that at the same time White and Black Moons are never supposed to land on the same world because it potentially leads to the evolution of another Progenitor species. At the same time what if Adam's Wave energy (given presumably Adam is as beyond the Angels as Lillith is to humanity) has been subtly influencing human genetic structure as well for billions of years, and that those who can pilot EVAs are those who have been most strongly influenced by it. Without intending offence to anyone religious, we could also play around with that miraculous feats such as reviving the dead also comes from Adam rather than Eve but that as time went on Eve's genetic "programming" pushed us further away from religious cures towards scientific development and medical ones.[/size][/font]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I think that's a really good idea, Gavin. You've clearly been absorbing your NGE goodness. ;)

As I got into writing a lot of detail on this topic, I realised that I'm at risk of basically intimidating participants to the extent that maybe they won't want to inject their own stories because they are worried that they might go against my ideas or something.

I just want to say... I am really really keen for everyone to take ownership of this one. I guess that I just want to put some basics out there first to set the scene.

What I'd really love is for some people to actually write up some stuff to put on the front page (like organisations, locations, etc...). Think of what we did for Almagest - that type of thing. I really love seeing what other people come up with. :)

I think we still need to have some core locations, like some of the main cities as well as some of the NERV facilities. If you have some ideas about those, please do feel free to write up a little profile for the front page. [/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Heh, I don't know about "goodness" but certainly I tend to turn into a fluff junkie of whatever series I get into and to give NGE credit there's a lot of interesting ideas going on in there. Probably one of my favourite aspects of this RPG is exploring how the psychology of society would change as a whole with the revelation of the Angels, as was said earlier, people all seem a little too unfazed by it all.

[b][Edit][/b] To go a little deeper into the healing hands idea I was thinking it would involve one individual being able to sync with, rather than break/tear through, the AT/Wave field of another person and share their own life-force in a synergistic/symbiotic manner. Again it feeds into the idea that advancement comes through understanding but could also explain why touch is such a central and intimate aspect of human behaviour. We're willingly lowering/weakening our own AT fields in order to interact with others on a much deeper level.

[b][Edit 2][/b] Just out of curiosity, how would people feel about exploring the beginning of artificial intelligences ? Actual living personalities as opposed to say, the MAGI supercomputers.[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

I always liked the Idea of AI's, but I dunno how well it fits with Evangeleons nature, since almost everything had an organic nature to them. I wouldn't really mind adding it in though, because ever since I played Mass Effect I am in love with the concepts behind AI's.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Funnily enough cAnZ Mass Effect (and Warhammer 40K) would be two really big influences to the idea behind A.I. in the story. As you said NGE is very much organic-based, even the MAGI themselves, which is why exploring the birth/development of wholly inorganic sentience might be interesting. How does a machine deal with the idea of a soul ? If say, a person provides the personality template for an A.I., would the A.I. eventually begin to question who and what it is ? Maybe some Ghost in the Shell elements as well. [/size][/font]

[b]I don't care either way as far as the A.I. idea goes, but I can only see it working if the A.I. can grow. Like start as a child and learn and develop. Maybe even just a reference in the timeline.

Also I'll try to contribute some Evangelion design ideas soon[/b]

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Gavin' timestamp='1305071148' post='707257']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Bump ?[/size][/font]
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Sorry for the lack of update lately guys. I've been too busy to sit down and add more to this. I'm in no rush to launch it - especially if anyone still wants to contribute anything to the info on the first page of this topic.

Having said that, I have already started working on the Auditions topic. I'm going to try to keep it as simple as I can, so don't worry, it won't be as detailed as this topic is getting. :P[/font]

[b]Okay, I would like to add an organization if that is okay. I'm still working on the logo though, but here's the basic idea for it so far. (I just need a good font for the logo and possibly a quote and something to add to the bottom of the logo.)

Here's the basic concept for the logo. If anyone has any ideas for it, let me know.

[center][img]http://i55.tinypic.com/t7mjab.jpg[/img][/center]

The name of the organization is[color="#0000FF"] Erde[/color]. Read the spoiler below for a possible reason for the organization's existence. I'm still working on this though.[/b]

[spoiler]Erde is a possible terrorist organization. It doesn't have the manpower that Nerv has since it is not funded by any government. So it probably will have different cells around the world. It's overall goal will possibly be to use the Angels to make a new planet out of Mars. A new Garden of Eden possibly. They will for whatever reason need to destroy the earth to do this. Maybe by causing another impact? I'm not too sure, since my knowledge of Evangelion is limited. However, they will possibly begin to destroy the planet to convince people to join their side. I'm not too sure about most of this, but making a new Garden of Eden might be a good idea to add to the RP.[/spoiler]

[b]Everyone, let me know what you think okay?

Also, James, would Nerv have possibly funded a special school looking for applicants? Because my character could possibly be a part of it. Maybe like a military academy or even a normal high school that was secretly funded by Nerv?[/b] Edited by Lilt

What if they are after Adam and maybe the black rock to try and help build the new garden on Mars. They could be using Adam and Eve to create a new civilization or something on Mars in that case. Mars could be named the new Canaan and the organisation could be like "the angels are like the 10 plagues of egypt!" and the way to a colonised Mars would be like the Exodus. They could be expecting about 3 more plagues after the seventh, hohoho. I dunno I'm getting carried away.

Anyway.

I just finished EVANGELION about a week ago. I was digging a lot of it. Now I will read this thread's OP again with some more understanding and then edit this post.

EDIT:

OK. Awesome. Where is New Brussels though? Edited by AvalonAngel

[b]That sounds like a great idea. I'll google the black rock then. Thanks Angel.

After I get a good idea on what they stand for, I should be able to find a font and quote and finish the logo.

EDIT: Did you mean the[/b] [spoiler]Black Moon, Angel?[/spoiler] Edited by Lilt

Oh it's not much to do with spoilers. James explained about it in the updated OP. :^D

[quote][b]4.5 Billion Years Ago[/b]
Earth's formation is largely complete, having attained approximately 40% of its present mass (due to the process of [b][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accretion_%28astrophysics%29"]accretion[/url][/b]). Elements of the remaining nebula surrounding the Earth continue to fall over a period of 20 million years, eventually constituting its present mantle. Contained within the orbiting solar nebula is an object known as the White Stone. The White Stone contains a prebiotic entity (now known as Adam, the progenitor of waveform life).

[b]4 Billion Years Ago[/b]
As the solar system begins to take shape and the planets grow larger through accretion, large clusters of matter form between them. The largest such cluster forms between Earth and Mars and is named [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theia"][b]Theia[/b][/url]. As Theia's mass increases, it begins to move closer to Earth (Earth's still-increasing size extends its gravitational influence over Theia, drawing the two bodies closer). Eventually, the two bodies collide.

At the moment of collision, a significant portion of Theia's mantle is ejected into orbit around the Earth, thus forming the [b]Moon[/b]. The remainder of Theia's mantle explodes into thousands of pieces, each of which becomes embedded in the Earth's crust across much of its northern hemisphere. One of these pieces contains an object known as the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stone"][b]Black Stone[/b][/url]. The Black Stone contains a prebiotic entity (now known as [b]Eve[/b], the progenitor of [b]carbon-based life[/b]).[/quote]

[b]Thanks Angel, I must have missed that one. xD

I'm learning a lot so far from just working on this RP.

Also, I should have an updated logo posted soon. Thanks for your help. ^^

EDIT: Actually, if anyone still has ideas on the logo let me know. I want everyone to be happy with it.

Is there anything I should add to it? I added some cracks around the bottom of the circle which looks good without the arrow. But I wanted the arrow on there if I could, so I'm trying to get it to work with that.

Besides that, I need to throw in [color="#0000FF"]Erde[/color] on there somewhere.

If anyone has a better idea for a logo, let me know okay? Erde is German for 'Earth' if that helps at all.[/b] Edited by Lilt

[font=palatino linotype]Lilt, I like the idea of a "new exodus" involving a trip to Mars. I can see how Erde may think that the Angels are a confirmation of this idea on some level.

My only comment would be that we already have [b]Aleph[/b], which is a religious organisation. I have absolutely no objection to multiple kinds of organisations along those lines, but I just suggest that it would be good to differentiate them as much as possible (if only so that we can create some clearer contrasts in the story).

I have to say though, I'm really impressed with the brainstorming you guys have been doing. You've been reading the OP and you're coming up with your own ideas, which I am really happy about. :D

And I quite like your logo, Lilt. Great work.

Also, regarding NERV and the selection of Evangelion pilots: in the TV series, there is essentially a "special high school" where candidates are groomed and chosen. With this RPG - and since I want to stray clear of the TV series in some respects - I want to actually steer clear of the idea of a school (in part due to the fact that I want the characters to be of any age).

I do have an alternative idea that is a bit risky, but kind of cool. I think you may like it. :)

I'll have some more time this weekend to keep working on this RPG, so with any luck we may actually see an auditions topic soon. I just didn't want to rush it out while I was traveling (and then sick!) Thanks for your patience guys.[/font]

[b]Okay, I guess it would have helped if I had watched the series. xD That way I would have known about Aleph and the special school.

I'll retool my character then. And thanks for letting me know about Aleph. I'm glad you like the logo though. ^^

I'll finish the logo this week hopefully and post up the finished one along with Erde's plan and what they stand for.

I can't wait to see the alternative idea. Thanks for your help by the way James. Again, this is going to be a fun RP. ^^[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' timestamp='1305734995' post='707456']
[b]Okay, I guess it would have helped if I had watched the series. xD That way I would have known about Aleph and the special school.

I'll retool my character then. And thanks for letting me know about Aleph. I'm glad you like the logo though. ^^

I'll finish the logo this week hopefully and post up the finished one along with Erde's plan and what they stand for.

I can't wait to see the alternative idea. Thanks for your help by the way James. Again, this is going to be a fun RP. ^^[/b]
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]All you need to do is read the first page of this topic, Lilt - you honestly don't need a prior knowledge of the TV show. Aleph is my own invention and it was not part of the show. I have also changed a lot of the show's historical details in my OP. So if you read that, you'll be set. And you can add anything to it that you like. :)

Thanks for putting up your ideas, Lilt - I really like them and I am very glad that other people are keen too. :)[/font]

[b]Thanks James, I read it before but I guess I missed that part. Sorry, I'll go re-read it now.

And you're welcome James. I'm glad you and everyone else liked them too. ^^

Thanks for the help everyone.

EDIT: I went back and re-read the front page and it looks like you updated it quite a bit? I must have missed that. ^^;;;

It looks really good.

I think I'm going to go with a commercial organization for Erde. What does everyone else think? (They'll mostly buy out competitors if they can, to get what they need. They might take things by force too, if money doesn't work. But most of their dealings will be underhanded or involving large sums of money.)[/b] Edited by Lilt

So. With the international court of justice in The Hague being sweeped away after the second Impact, where is the new one? :V (New Hague?) The Alps? Switzerland? Strasbourg, France? Mecca, Saudi Arabia? Antartica? Greenland? THE MOON?

Just wondrin'.

Also, what has happened with the EU? Is Europe now a kind of United States of Europe or still the same as it used to be? Does the EU have more than just mainly economical and social value now? Stuff like that :V

And NATO! :^D Seeing as WWIII whiped out quite a lot was NATO forced to dissolve or are they only more solid than ever? So many questions, such a little netbook keyboard to type them on!

(I should really watch those the End of Evangelion again to understand more of the Lilith, Lilim, Adam, stuff. I only just found out that [spoiler]the angel on the cross was actually Lilith instead of Adam, so Rei=Lilith and the last Angel in the series was Adam, Mankind are probably Lilim and I keep missing where the Lance of Longinus comes in...[/spoiler] Reading the EvaWiki works.) Edited by AvalonAngel

[b]Okay, here's the possible finished logo for Erde. Does anyone have any suggestions on anything to add or remove from it? I think I'm just being too picky, since I'm the one making it but I'm not good with logos.

[center][img]http://i51.tinypic.com/2qu4w7b.jpg[/img][/center]

Should I remove their name at least and leave it blank like Aleph's logo?

Their motto will be [color="#0000FF"]"Reaching for the stars, finding a new home."[/color]

As for the organization itself, I'm thinking it could be something like this:[/b]

[Quote name="Erde Organization"]
Sachio Murakami was the president of JAXA for many long years. Early on in his presidency however, corruption had taken over and filled his pockets and his heart.
His presidency came to an abrupt end when a rocket launch malfunctioned, killing and injuring many JAXA personnel. Murakami resigned but due to health problems. However, this was a forced resignation. A director of JAXA was blackmailing Murakami for embezzlement, misuse of funds, along with other charges. He threatened to reveal his evidence if Murakami didn't step down, effectively making the blackmailer the new president.

Murakami thought of taking his life, but instead he decided to start a new life for himself. Away from his blackmailer and away from Earth. He gathered many of his old contacts during his presidency, gathering many investors along the way. He revealed his plan to them of making a new Eden on Mars and put forth a proposal to buy out JAXA for the resources to make the trip.

Murakami soon became permanent president of JAXA once again but changed it's name to [b][color="#0000FF"]Erde[/color][/b]. Now, the second part of Erde's plan is in motion. Obtaining the Angels and Adam and Lilith to make the new Garden of Eden on Mars.[/quote]

[b]Wat do you guys think? It will be an organization that focuses more on buy outs when they can, but they will need to show force somehow to attempt at getting their ultimate goal.

If anyone has any better suggestions, let me know please. I just don't want this organization to be too similar to Nerv or Aleph.[/b]

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1305872152' post='707494']
I am not the best with Logos either, but I can offer some constructive criticism or help if you would like Lilt.
[/quote]

[b]Yes please, CaNz. That would be great. ^^

The original logo is on page 2. All you need to know is Erde is German for Earth and the information on the group is a few posts up on this page.

Also, a plain logo might be nice. (No name or anything.) Blue is the color for Erde though, if you want to make it all blue like Nerv's logo is all red.

Add whatever you feel like, I've just learned that it helps if logos are simple. It's more eye catching if it's not too busy.[/b]

Well, I wasn't really planning on implementing the improvements myself, butt I guess it is easier if I did it and then you can change anything you don't like later.

Anyways, I get where you are coming from with the simplistic aspect, but I think having a plain color scheme is what is important. three colors tops is usually a good method to use. The thing I really din't care for was the simplistic text. The fonts don't have to be ellaborate, but they gotta look like more than just words, if you know what I mean.
Okay... so here is my take on it.
[IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/erde.jpg[/IMG]
I decided to incorporate the earth into the logo, because of the organizations name. I added a bit of flavor to the text and altered the positioning to make it seem more part of the symbol.
I also used a less vibrant shade of blue.

Of course, if you reeaaally wanna be fancy you could use this.
[IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/ERDE-20.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='AvalonAngel' timestamp='1305803178' post='707475']
So. With the international court of justice in The Hague being sweeped away after the second Impact, where is the new one? :V (New Hague?) The Alps? Switzerland? Strasbourg, France? Mecca, Saudi Arabia? Antartica? Greenland? THE MOON?

Just wondrin'.[/quote]
I like this question.

It's clearly under the sea!

- Shy

• 2 months later...
[quote name='AvalonAngel' timestamp='1305803178' post='707475']

Just wondrin'.

Also, what has happened with the EU? Is Europe now a kind of United States of Europe or still the same as it used to be? Does the EU have more than just mainly economical and social value now? Stuff like that :V

And NATO! :^D Seeing as WWIII whiped out quite a lot was NATO forced to dissolve or are they only more solid than ever? So many questions, such a little netbook keyboard to type them on!

[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Regarding The Hague, I think that's an entirely open question at this point. Remember that Second Impact took place in Antarctica. It therefore stands to reason that when the tsunami was created, it would have primarily affected the Southern Hemisphere (so most of Australia would be gone, as would much of Southeast Asia). It is very likely that coastal cities around the world would be affected, but they were likely more affected by the general problem of rising ocean levels due to the ice cap melting.

So to answer your question more specifically - I don't know. That could be a question that someone else writes about. You could even create a whole scenario around it. I'm open to absolutely anything - including The Hague being completely underwater, or being partially destroyed, or whatever else. :)

In terms of the ICJ...again, same thing. I would tend to suggest that the ICJ - whatever it is - would have a somewhat limited role in a future where survival became the top priority for the developed world. Also the shift in power to the eastern hemisphere, combined with the substantial power of NERV, would no doubt alter the global balance of power.

Same situation goes for the EU and NATO. I can imagine the EU becoming like a "United States of Europe" - bear in mind that World War III has already passed and that war occurred due to the urgency of post-Second Impact survival. So it's totally feasible that the EU would form into a single nation state in order to fight a war.

On all of those unanswered questions, I'm really happy for you (or anyone) to actually clarify them in your own way however you see fit. :)

[b]Edit:[/b] Just a quick update, guys.

Obviously this RPG hasn't launched yet - for now, I want to put this on hold. You guys have already done a lot of great work on this idea, and so I want to avoid launching this in a half-hearted way where I don't have the ability to run it properly for you.

I still intend to start this RPG at some stage, but not just yet. I want to make sure that when I do start it, I can give it my full attention. I'd rather do that, than start it prematurely and have it die quickly.

I'm sorry about that - you guys have really put some great work in here and I'm very thankful for that. :)[/font]

• 7 months later...