OtakuBoards

Witches: Mankinds Hope

Akieen Cloud

[size="1"]Marcus finally rose from where he knelled, the pain no longer an issue for him, when he had seen Sybille hold her yet again, the blade in his hands as he demanded her to speak. It boiled his blood, the runes refused to glow, he felt lost momentarily as he didn't understand why they didn't responded the same way. It became clear when the moved instead, as if his skin was heating up and the runes wavered on the heat wave. When he had heard the words to Demetri, he felt the pain of loss, he felt the world pulled out from under him with her words to him.

[i]And there it is, everything we had just to keep her from being lonely.[/i] The words stung his mind, he felt the power coil like a snake, ready to strike at anything that drew too close. He could feel his heart closing up, the bleeding wound to be sealed with his power to make him immune to the damage it would cause him. He was preparing his body for the end, to unleash everything in one final move to wipe out Sybille and Cloak, he could cover Demetri and Ali with protection, but that would be it for him. Before he could put his heart in a box, she smiled at him with the special smile, seeing in her eyes that everything they had, was real. And then she spoke to him and his breath caught.
[color="#4169E1"]
"Thank you. You healed the tears in my heart. You kept me whole while I was torn in half. You saved me from my dispair and, no matter what happens. A piece of my heart will always belong to you. A part of me will always love you."[/color] Marcus body stiffened, he felt her love through the rune, he kept hold of that as the power no longer coiled, but feeling smooth, almost as if it was ready for him to command it, give it a purpose.

[i]I was wrong, it's not goodbye, it's find me another day.[/i] A smile did not touch his lips, his thoughts were free as words passed before his mind. The ritual he had prepared for Sybille need only two more things, and Blues had delivered them to him. Marcus' mind struck as he realized it then, everything, even his own death, had been part of a plan to come here, to bring this to an end. Marcus saw the flash, Ali laying on the ground, he wanted to go to her, to hold her once more before the night ended. But, that was not going to happen, not anymore, he would have to find another way, another time. The words, the symbols, the runes all were part of a greater chain in his power, leading to where he stood now, it simply waited for him to let it go. Seeing them both approach her gave him the sign for him to finally bring it all to and end, he lashed out then, the runes no longer needed to be created, the complicated chains not drawn, he simply willed it now. The force erupting was like a sonic boom, Cloak blind sided by the impact, causing him to tumble and twist, his progress halted. Sybille turned to Marcus at that point, a new dagger in his hand ready to become a god. Marcus twisted a hand, the metal bending in the blade before a solid slab of earth came down on him, smashing into his back before retracting again, another smashed into his knee, sending him down to kneel. He tried to throw a wind blast at Marcus, the wind turning and twisting before striking Marcus, a smile on Sybille's face before he saw Marcus unharmed.
[b]
"You die tonight Sybille, no more games, no more plots, it all ends tonight."[/b] Sybille roared in fury as he charged Marcus.
[b]
"I will not die! I will be a god!"[/b] His hands lanced out, the power of his god pact still in his blood as he tried to kill his mentor. Marcus grabbed his arm, twisting it bringing it around his back and then forcing him to the ground. Marcus bringing down a foot on Sybille's knee, a crack could be heard as his leg was now limp as he tried to rise. Marcus hitting him in the back of the neck with one forceful punch, backed up with the energy of his new strength. Sybille cried out as a rock slab erupted behind him, trying to take out Marcus, he took a step back to avoid it then charged through it, the runes changing in an instant, giving him the protective shell to tear through the rock with ease. Sybille called out to his servant, Cloak vanishing then appearing beside Marcus with a knife in his hand, Marcus eyes remained cold. Cloak suddenly thrown aside with a blast from Demetri, Marcus looked over and saw the two now staring at him Ali giving him a nod.
[b]
"Do it Marcus."[/b] He heard Demetri faintly, Sybille on his hands and knees, Marcus giving him a sharp kick, the sound of ribs breaking on the impact echoed slightly, Sybille laid on his back now, Marcus hand flew in a flurry as multiple rock projectiles smashed down on Sybille, each on hitting a different spot at a different time. The damage quickly became too much for Sybille's body to heal quickly enough, the blows breaking bones, creating bruises and leaving Sybille motionless. He breathed harshly as Marcus started to calm down again, standing over Sybille's bruised body he raised his hands against, a stone X rose from the ground. Marcus lifting Sybille up and pressing him against the X, the rock reaching out and grabbing his arms and legs pulling him securely on the X. Marcus face cold as he remembered the night Coltaine hung from the wooden X, his destroyed body, Fiddlers corpse riddles with bolts, Yan choking on her own blood, and Yedan died before he even had a chance. Masan, and their baby, both had died in a blink of an eye, and she scarified the last part of her, for him. He could take his time liek Sybille did, but he refused to go as low as he did.
[b]
"Now, its over."[/b] Marcus lifted his hands, a massive rune appearing below them, the intricacy of the symbol putting previous work to shame. Sybille seeing the rune tried to struggle.
[b]
"That's impossible, you have to draw your stupid runes! You couldn't have known this where we would bring you, no matter what you couldn't have known."

"Powers evolve Sybille, yours stopped when you chose a God. Mine never stopped."[/b] Marcus reached out and securely gripped Sybille's head, Sybille trying to fight it but Marcus kept his hands on him.
[b]
"I made this ritual just for you, I spent years perfecting it, and now you'll see what will happen."[/b] Marcus graced Sybille with the words he had prepared, the ancient language slipping from his lips as a hum started up as the words grew more intense, the speeding picking up as the rune on the ground started to glow, creating an eerie blue light, the blue quickly turning into a purple light, Sybille's body beginning to convulse, blood starting to trail down from his nose and ears. He started to scream before it suddenly caught in his throat, his face in silent terror as his body shook more violently as every words passed on. Marcus face grew darker as the words grew louder and more passionate, Sybille finally released the scream, its sound earth shattering as a purple mist started to float up from the rune, traveling slowly until it started to slide over Sybille, tendrils of the smoke struck into his body, Sybille arching his back as the pain flooded his body. He tried to fight the tendrils, Marcus still speaking the words, feeling the climax coming Demetri cradled Ali as the open room started to shake, a violent wind rushing through the room as the words neared the end the tendrils started to pull something from Sybille, he tried to fight it, his body struggling to break lose and hold it in, but nothing would stop the mist now. The tendrils fully removing the struggling form, an exact copy of Sybille himself except the body was blood red, fouled by all of his evil and darkness. His soul was lifted high into the air, still struggling, still fighting, trying to scream but not having a voice of its own, with Marcus' final words the mist plunged his soul into the rune, a roar erupting from the earth as the mist seeped into the ground again, the rune fading into nothingness. Sybille's body hanging limp and lifeless on the stone X, Marcus lowered his hands, bowing his head as he took a deep breath.
[b]
"Its over. Finally, you can all rest in peace now."[/b] He heard someone coming through the passage behind him, turning he saw Pocket standing in the opening. Her face harder then it use to be, her eyes still showed her inner joy but had reserves.
[b]
"Calypso, I'm glad you found us. Ali is hurt, we need to go now." [/b]His voice cold as he did his best to keep his composure, so many feelings raged through him now, the runes on his body were still now. His mind remained in motion, he didn't know what to do, he didn't even want to move. He knew, after that ritual, he was going to need rest, he was going to need his hourglass again with a bed no longer an option in his mind. Demetri rose with Ali in his arms, he could see Demetri was just as exhausted as he was, both were barely standing, it was a miracle when they started walking Marcus was dragging an unconscious Cloak, finding him heavier then expected. . Pocket close at hand as she did her best to tend to Ali's wound, the bleeding had slowed but not enough. They picked up their pace as they came to the stairwell, the moon still shining down. Marcus looked to Demetri, his facing looking years older.
[b]
"Use your powers, get her up quickly. They need healing now."[/b] Demetri complied swiftly, the wind raging around him as is propelled him upward, Marcus watched them go, speaking to Pocket without looking at her.
[b]
"Calypso, I have an idea. Take my hand will you?"[/b] She held her hand out unsure what was to come, he gripped hers gently and smiled before looking at her.
[b]
"Now, imagine a doorway, one that leads us from here to up there. Give it a try."[/b] Pocket was not sure, but she tried anyways, her minding focusing on creating one doorway to the area with everyone. Marcus let some of his power flow through her, the desire effect appearing instantly as a tear appeared, then stretching open to reveal and empty blackness. Marcus kept hold of Cloak as they stepped through together, the darkness enveloping them before they suddenly stood out in the moon light again. Marcus grinned to Pocket as she showed a great smile at him.
[b]
"Great job Calypso, we need to see if we can teach how to do it on your own."[/b] Marcus walked over to the Commandant, who was standing by his son, his wife bent over as she healed Ali. Marcus felt relief flood him, knowing she would be safe now as he tossed Cloak at Shields feet. Shield looked down at Cloak, then looking to Marcus face, seeing relief in his eyes when his face tried to remain cold.
[b]
"What do you have to report Marcus Demos?"

"Sybille is dead Commandant, The Book of Set is with Demetri now."[/b] Demetri looked up at him, confused before touching a pocket on his pants to find the book. His eyes widened momentarily before going back to Ali, Marcus' power had worked as he had hoped. It was a risky move, but he had to try.
[b]
"We are clearing out now, Mist, get yourself and the new recruit to start pulling everyone out. Alpha Team, you've earned to honor to go first."[/b] Marcus bowed his head as Alpha Team walked to mist, gathering together, Jason having reverted to his human form. Gene ice free, Tank and Lily stood by Ali and Demetri, Ali now standing up again with Demetri's support. Marcus craved to be the one holding her, almost tempted to walk over and try to help, but he couldn't do it, the least he could do was stand near her now. Mist enveloped them all, bring them back to the head quarters, Marcus sighed as he knew what this meant, a conversation he wasn't ready for on the horizon. He waited as the other dispersed, Demetri and Ali the only ones left, he crossed his arms as he looked at the two now.
[b]
"So what now?"[/b] He said plainly, his mind far to wracked with emotions and his body worn out to play games now. [/size]

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali was lost in her thoughts, watching Marcus kill Sybille hit home that she was safe from the man, but her mind was else where as thet made their way home. She thought back on when she had first starting having feelings for Demetri...two years ago.

[i]She was 21 back than, her hair was shorter, only to the small of her back she had been told by Hank that she was to do a infiltration mission and she was to take one person with her. Back than she took him because of his skills. He was the only one out of her team that could beat her during sparring with out the aid of his powers, he communicated with her just fine, unlike Jeff and he was serious at all times during a mission which Calypso was still working on. The mission was supposed to be easy, an in and out job. Go in, get the information, and than get out. But something had given them away during the mission, something had gone wrong and they had been running for their lives within an hour of the mission starting. Demetri dashed behind her, giving her the lead, trusting her to get them out. Her braided hair flying behind her as her smaller frame flittled through the halls of the building trying to get them to the roof. She cursed as she turned the corner and stopped, Demetri smashing into her only to grab her arm and hold her upright as she toppled forward. Surrouned by the enemy she did the only thing she knew how, dropping into a fighting stance she had gotten ready to fight.
"Are you stupid? Do you want to die young woman?"
He had wrapped his arm around her waist, causing a strange heat to flood her system, and smashed through the ceiling with his wind til the reached the roof, once there he let her go and allowed her whirl on him. She had been unble to say anything to him, as soon as she spun she saw the blood blossoming across his chest, gasping she rushed back to him and lifted his shirt, more shocked than anything to see a few scars on his skin already, shaking her head she looked at the gash, it was deep and would leave a scar.
"When did this happen?! Athens, answer me!"
"I told you it was stupid to fight agaist all them. You would have been cleaved in half if this had hit you."
She had gasped realizing that he had gained the injury while he had grabbed her, guilt washed over her and from than on she swore to her self that she would protect him just as he had protected her. [/i]

Ali came back from her thoughts for a moment, they were still walking, Pocket and Marcus next to each other as she bounced gently in Demetri's arms, they were warm around her and she felt secure and she realized that she had missed his arms around her more than she thought. Tucking her head down she felt Demetri stiffen slightly before relaxing and putting his face in the top of her head slightly, but her gaze locked on Marcus. He was looked straight ahead, not looking at her. It hurt and she closed her eyes letting her mind wander again as she tried to keep her vision from swimming.

[i]The fog was thick, and she had been barely able to see a thing, even her own hand in front of her face, but the howling and growling let her where she needed to go. She sprinted forward to see her brother and had felt her heart stop at the mass of vampires surrounding him. The fight had been hard and they had done the best they could but when their changed parents came down on them their situation turned bleak. She had been useless as her fathers hand ripped through her skin and she had been thinking of any way to get help, it came to her as she looked down at her wrist. As soon as she had spoken the small word, as soon as the rune began to burn, images flooded her mind. She felt her mind bog down under the information but what made her pule race was a memory, one that was not her own and the face of the marked man split into a small smile. The next thing she had known Demetri had her in his arms and she could see Marcus standing close to her, his face twisted in pain as he looked at her. Ali had tried to reach for the man, tried to comfort him and ease the pain from his features but could do nothing as he had walked away from her to help her brother. [/i]

Ali's body swayed this way and that, the two men had seemed to pick up thier pace, she could feel her skin starting to get cold and she figured that she was loosing to much blood, her mind slowing down, her eyes rolling into the back of her head as she succumbed to darkness yet again.

[i]The Beach had been beautiful, peaceful, relaxing even with Tempest being there, and it had started off perfectly. The first night there, the first night her and Demetri had made love, she didn't think she could get any happier, but each time she felt her heart sore more. His large warm hands had felt natural and right on her skin. His gruff voice calling her name, holding her against his body as she fell into sleep. It had all be wonderful and even when he had started to act strange, when he had begun to whipser to himself and become violent towards the others she held onto him. She never wanted to believe that he had betrayed them, she never would and she was sure she was the only one who thought that as the end of the vacation wound around, Tank being in intenaive care as they returned.
She recalled the last day on that beach, the kiss she had shared with Marcus that had opened a flood gate of emotions. Her relationship with him had been different than with Demetri, there were time she had been with Demetri where his passion, and desperate need for her would blind him, his action would be passionate, but wild, while other times he would be sweet, and soft with her. His hands ghosting over her skin and giving her chills. She loved both, and her body reacted to both with an aching need for the man that had never seemed to be sated. Her time with Marcus had been completely different, he had always been gentle, making it seem as if she would break if he held her to tight, afterwards she was content to lay with him and talk, their voices hushed as they caught their breaths, her need for Marcus was different than it was with Demetri, she had just wanted to be around the man, his voice and presesane calming her, though her passion for him grew it never dampened her need for him to be near her. And when he had moved in with her, for that short week, her life seemed whole, even if only for a moment. The joking fights they had, the passion they shared, even the small simple things as laying on the couch with him while he read a book, which was something else she never knew him and Demetri had in common. Every chance both men had, they would have their noses in a book and more than once Ali would make her self comfortable, cuddling up to the Mystic while he was on the could reading, eventrually falling asleep.[/i]
Ali stirred as she was placed on the ground, a green glow surrounding her, after a few moments she was able to stand with some help from Demetri, seeing Marcus gaze towards her she felt guilt well up inside her. Her words to him had been true, and she was sure they would never change. As they were taken back to base, his words froze her to her spot.
"So what now?"
Ali couldn't answer, but she was sure Demetri either had questions...or something he wanted to say to them, she just wasn't sure if she was ready to hear it...[/color][/font]

[size="1"]Marcus' mind fluttered all over as the last words escaped his lips, his heart trying not to hammer out of his chest as the seconds passed. He let himself dive into the memories, his mind leaving everything behind as he it let itself be consumed by the feelings and the memories of his time with Ali, Looking upon her face now could only make them more powerful and more potent.

He recalled it clearly as it was only a few days ago now, one of the many times they just sat on the cough as he was reading another book, the words in a long dead language that almost no one knew anymore. Marcus childhood had been spent learning these words, understanding their meaning and what knowledge these old books brought, the only other people who could read these words were his family, and most of them were gone now, his mother was all that was left and she was with the High council now. He let the thought pass as he went back to his book, Ali had been finishing up cleaning when she had walked over to him, wearing only a tank top and shorts as she sat beside him. He only wore his shorts when in the room with Ali, every time he tried to put a shirt on it just ended up getting tossed somewhere so he gave up on trying to wear anything more when they were alone. She tucked her in her legs and she cuddled into him, lifting one of his arms up so she could tuck herself into him as he put the arm around her and she laid against his shoulder. She looked at the book he was reading, the words clearly unreadable to her.
[b]
"What are you reading Marcus?"[/b] He glanced down at her as he chuckled before speaking.
[b]
"It's the Dirad Jeonla."[/b] She gave him an annoyed look as he laughed again.
[b]
"It's a book on shadow realms, what effect they have on the world and which ones are dangerous and which are harmless." [/b]She rolled her eyes as she snuggled up closer to him, a smile on her face as she listened to beat of his heart, the beats rapid as he held her close. She had her arms on his chest, her fingers delicately rubbing his skin, he saw the rune on her wrist. When he had changed the rune to suppress Masan, he had unintentionally changed the function of the rune, giving Ali the ability to communicate with him with just the rune, convey feelings and thoughts without having to touch him. It had been jarring initially, but that changed when Marcus understood it was Ali's mind. A thought struck him then, closing the book in one hand he set it aside, she looked up at him and lifted herself up to looked at him.
[b]
"You can't be done already."[/b] He shook his head as a smile showed on his face.
[b]
"No, I had a better idea actually. Take my hand my love."[/b] She took his hand with a unsure look on her face, not knowing what he was planning.
[b]
"Close your eyes, and empty your mind. Don't think of anything right now."[/b] She rolled her eyes as she closed them, holding his hands as she emptied her mind, finding it difficult at first. She then felt a rush of energy shoot up her arms, sending a tingle through out her body.
[b]
"Open your eyes Alex."[/b] She opened them as the tingling faded, she found herself standing in a world covered in shadows, everything moving and swirling around her. She didn't know what to feel, confusion threatening to take over her senses as Marcus put his hands on her. His touching soothing her fear, she turned to look at him as he put an arm around her shoulder. Her hand on his chest as she tried to grasp the world around her.
[b]
"Where are we?"

"We are in a shadow realm, this is actually one of our minds. This is what everyone's mind looks like, blank, empty of everything until you call upon it."[/b] More questions showed on her face.
[b]
"Call upon them?"[/b] Marcus nodded as she gestured to the empty world.
[b]
"For us, this is where our memories live, everything you ever experienced, everything you every thought of, ever feeling you ever had lives in this space. These worlds are even shared with alternate versions of yourself, their memories gather here as well."

"Alternate self?"[/b] Marcus nodded again.

[b]"Its complicated, but trust me, I've seen a few a few of them."[/b]Ali smiled as she gave him a playful hit.

[b]"How many girls have you brought here before me?"

"None actually. This is my first time with someone else."[/b] Ali blushed slightly.

[b]"Come on, you must have brought Masan here once or twice."[/b] Marcus shook his head.

[b]"Never did, never felt the need to bring her here."[/b] Ali's heart beat was rapid, Marcus then pointed out into the darkness, her eyes focusing in on nothing before he whispered to her.

[b]"Watch." [/b]With just a though, the beach was suddenly before them. The memory playing from Marcus perspective, the feelings and thoughts he had were all felt by Ali as she saw the vacation happen all over again. Everything felt so real and as if she was there again, the memory faded and she stood away from Marcus now as she started to experiment. Simply thinking about something imagines appeared in the empty blackness, her childhood, her parents faces, Jason when he was younger, times with the team. He saw Demetri more then once, the embraces they shared he tried his best not to look, but they still struck hard as his own mind began to wonder, losing control his mind went through the moments with Ali. She turned when she noticed the images changing, feelings the waves of emotions as Marcus started to lay out their entire relationship in his memories. The kiss on the beach, the nights they spent together, the thoughts of how they started with happiness in their hearts. They turned sour when he remembered telling her they shouldn't see each other for a time, the hurt in his mind rushed into Ali, she saw the memory of how he looked as it tor him apart. The memories lead into the talk they had, when Masan had appeared, the feelings they both had influencing the memory as Marcus came up behind Ali and wrapped his arms around her as they watched the memory together, finding themselves standing the same way they did that night. A smile held on her face as she watched it, suddenly the memory turned, as she saw Marcus in a tuxedo. Her eyes wide as she saw Lily in a dress, holding a basket of flowers. Marcus felt panic rush in as he willed the memory away, she turned on him.
[b]
"What was that Marcus?" [/b]He remained silent as the image burned into his mind, it wasn't his memory, just a thought he had some time that brought to life the memory of another Marcus somewhere in the unlimited worlds out there.
[b]
"Bring it back."[/b] He looked down at her, surprise on his face as she pleaded with her eyes. He nodded as the thought crossed his mind again, the memory appearing once more. Ali was transfixed on the image as it played like a home movie. Marcus stood beneath and archway, his hands at his sides with a huge smile on his face. He was dressed in a tuxedo, his tuxedo a mix of black and red, Ali was surprised to see him wearing shoes. His tattooed face seemed like it would break from all of the smiling, Jason stood beside him with Jeff behind him and Gene behind him, Pocket and Sasa stood on the other side now, holding bouquets in their hands as they all smiled. The sounds of gentle music played as the image shifted, seeing someone walking down the isle, a flowing white dress covered her body, the veil over her face as she held her own bouquet, Tank holding her arm as he walked her down the isle. When she finally reached Marcus he drew the veil over her head, Ali smiled at him with glee in her eyes. Passing her flowers to Pocket, she held Marcus hands as the ceremony went on. Words spoken between them of their love, of everything they did to get there and finally saying I do to each other. They kisses as the crowd clapped, rushing down the isle as husband and wife now. The memory broken up into flashes now, scenes form the wedding and reception, everyone touching Ali's stomach as Marcus drank and talked to with Jason and Gene. The images appeared more, a family walking together, Tank and Lily there with Marcus and Ali as she carried the new born in her arms.

Ali didn't move for several moments, unsure of what she had just seen as the images faded and left them in the shadows.
[b]
"Was that what you imagined Marcus?"[/b] He shook his head.
[b]
"That's the memory of another Marcus. All I did was have the thought."[/b] She didn't know what to do, she simply pulled herself into him and let him wrap his arms around her. His focus was on Ali when he saw the smoke start to swirl and formed a body. The old man now stood there, a finger pressed to his lips as he smiled at the man. Marcus using his head to gesture for him to leave, Shadowthrone using his hands to make faces at him as if he were a little kid. Ali felt the movement and looked up at him, he smiled at her as he stopped for a moment, Shadowthrone silently giggling at him.
[b]
"Get out of here old man!"[/b] He finally said aloud, Ali looking up at him confused.
[b]
"Who are you talking too?"

"No one."[/b] She raised and eyebrow at him and then turned to look at behind her, Shadowthrone vanishing before she saw him. She shook her head at him as her thoughts went back to the wedding she saw. Marcus spoke again.
[b]
"Its time to go now."[/b] She nodded as she closed her eyes again, opening them to find herself still on the couch, the clock not having moved at all. Her face showed surprise at the concept.
[b]
"It happened to me the first time too."

"What did?"

"The confusion. Time means nothing in those realms, we could have been there for years and then comeback here and no time would have passed."[/b] She tried to grasp the concept, but let it slip away as she had other things on her mind. She rose from the couch while still holding his hand, guiding him to the bed, the wedding still on her mind as they made love that night.

Marcus came back then, feeling the nudge of Demetri as he signaled for them to start walking. The time was coming, he hoped he could control himself.[/size] Edited by Dassem Ultor

Demitri's inner thoughts haunted him, some events while he was enslaved sprang in his mind, his sneaking around and the lives that he took while under the control of that mad man. It haunted the giant more and more as he thought about Blues, the new recruits he murdered while under the mans control, the way he harmed his mother while infiltrating their personal living space to search for the Book of Set. Demitri rubbed his weary eyes as the three continued to walk to Demitri's room, or what he still thought was his room when he and Ali shared a moment together in the shower before the raid. He could feel tension in the air rise more and more as they continued down the hall. No one said a word, it felt like no one wanted to take a breath of air as they made their way, Ali was fearful as they walked, knowing Demitri was not going to like what he saw.

"Demitri, wait" Breaking the silence as the three paused, standing in front of the door that lead to the room Marcus and Ali resided in together. Demitri said nothing as he slid his key card through the small control panel, the metal doors slid open as Demitri stepped inside, speechless at what he saw. Ali's personal effects laid along side with Marcus' scrolls and book, Demitri recognized them when he peered inside of the mystics room once to call for his aid. But he recognized some of the scrolls that hung on the wall, along with various clothing that obviously didn't belong to Ali, mixed with the collection of books and sandals on the floor. Demitri slowly made his way forward as he approached the large bed, the sheets still had Ali's blood on them from the attack Demitri dealt her while he was under Sybille's control, it pained the giant to see that as his vision blurred for a moment, making him hold onto the wall for support. Ali rushed forward as she placed her hands on the mans back, only to feel his muscles tense when Demtiri grunted in anger, she backed away slowly, Marcus stayed silent. He knew the man was more that paining from his battle, he was feeling it all in his heart and spirit. Demitri finally stood up right as he turned and leaned his back against the same wall he held for support, looking down at the carpet below, refusing the see Ali's glare or even look at Marcus. The giant felt more shame and guilt for all the events that took place while he was gone for three months, but still, he hated what took place while he was not himself. He tried to understand their reasons why they committed such an act behind Demitri's back, but the giant refused to just let things slide.

"So..." He spoke. "...this has happened more than once, hasn't it?"

"Yes, it has" Marcus spoke quickly, he knew letting the answer linger was not the best for now especially with Demitri's fragile mental state of thinking. The man sighed as he leaned his head against the wall, brushing his hand behind his ears to let his hair move away from his face.

"This all happened when I was gone, correct?" Demitri asked, still keeping his eyes closed, he only saw red as his blood boiled slowly, but he kept calm.

"Yes Demitri.." Ali gave a sad sigh, her own emotions fluttered in her mind, she had wished she could take everything back, but even that was a lie to her own self.

"What about when I was locked up...I remember, I remember you saw me a couple times...you spoke to me. I heard you" Ali was shocked, she had thought his primal state wouldn't remember much since he was under Sybille's control. "You told me you loved me, and never stopped. Did you also mate with another during that time?"

"Demitri you have to understand, we were both...alone" Marcus finally spoke, admitting the truth about his own feelings on the situation. He was alone, for a long time until he made the connection with Ali, their bond seemed to surpass Demitri's bond with her on another level, but Ali still had her own personal connection with the former commander. "It wasn't right, we acted out on pure emotion, ones we couldn't even control." Marcus bit his lower lip a little, seeing no change in Demtiri face or movements as he leaned on the wall. Ali thought it best to express everything mentally towards her love, concentrating hard as she closed her eyes, but at that instant, Demitri snapped his head towards her direction and roared with a mighty voice.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!" Snapping Ali out of her thinking as she stepped back, his eyes sparked white electricity as Marcus now stepped in front of Ali to protect her. The move made Demtiri more angry, but the giant calmed himself as he took a couple of breaths, his hazel eyes returning as he unclenched his tight fist, letting his fingers course blood back to his body. He saw the two staring at the giant, like he was still under Sybille's control as Ali shook slightly as she held onto Marcus' clothes. "I'm....I'm sorry Ali for shouting. Just please...not right now, I've had one too many voices in my head....not now" Demitri scratched the back of his head for a moment, seeing Marcus and Ali calm down for a bit.

"We know things were difficult for you Demitir, they were for all of us. But, we cant take back what we did...and I'm not sure if we would want to" Ali moved from behind Marcus and walked towards her lover, both men were shocked at her statement, but under the circumstances, Marcus had to agree. Ali faced the giant as she looked up, seeing his sad face, she knew the man was hurting, but she also knew it was her fault as well. Slowly, Ali raised her hand and placed it on Demitri's chest, right over his heart, feeling his organ pump faster and faster. It pained her as well. Demitri softly grabbed her hand and bent down, kissing his love on top of her knuckles before speaking again.

"It's just gonna take some time..." Without saying anything, Demitri brushed past Ali as he stood in front of Marcus, looking down at him with stern eyes. "Outside, now" Pushing past the mystic, he moved towards teh door as they opened and closed in an instant. Marcus gave a stare towards Ali, unsure of his next plan of action, he got fearful stare from the young woman as she shook her head. Demitri said nothing as he walked out of the room, Demitri directly on his left, as the doors closed as Demitri punched in his lock code. Trapping Ali inside the rune, the action caused the mystic to quickly face the giant as he looked down upon the mystic, eyes glowing madly now. "I just want to say this, I'm not sure if I can ever forgive you for having what is mine. Not matter what the circumstance, I would have thought you out of everyone would have had better control over yourself"

"The feeling is mutual Demitri, I meant no harm, but in fact it did cause harm to a lot, and to you most of all. Have I told you why things progressed the way they did? The mystic seemed calm in his words, but Demitri raised a hand and haulted the man from continuing.

"No, and frankly, I don't care to know." Marcus nodded and sighed, but the moment he did, a hard punch was delivered to this left cheek, sending the mystic flying to the ground, shaking a bit as he quickly stood up, only to be grabbed around his arms. But it wasn't a sparring grab, it was almost like a hug, Marcus fully focused now as he noticed he was being hugged by the giant, tight yet determined.

"Demitri...?" He questioned, now feeling his cheek swell from the blow he received.

"I can't forgive you now...but I can at least thank you for protecting her" The giant released his hug and towered over his ally once again, Marcus was caught off guard slightly at the token of thanks...and token of hatred that came before. The giant began to walk away, taunting the mystic to speak.

"Where are you going?"

"To see my mother, and to put myself in the med ward for lockdown" Demitri stopped as he looked behind his shoulder. "I still have thoughts of killing you...so, I'm pretty sure that's a sign there are some after effects from Sybille's powers. Although, maybe they're my own..." With that, the giant went on his way, Marcus giving him the slightest of nods

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali flet her legs give out under her as the door shut, she could hear their voices and whimpered as she heard the stike and knew, without a doubt that it was Demetri striking Marcus, the thought tore at her heart and she found her self crying. After a few moments of silence the door slid open and she looked up to see Marcus walk in slowly, his cheek swollen and red.
"Oh Marcus!"
Standing up she rushed forward only to stop as he held up his hand to stop her, she paused and felt her throat tighten more as the man put his hand on his cheek as he looked down.
"Where is he?"
"He left."
Tears slipped from her eyes more at the thought, Marcus saw the pain in her face and shook his head.
"I said that wrong, he went to the med ward."
She looked up at him shocked, her hands on her stomach as it twisted.
"Why?"
"He said that he has ideas about killing me...said that he didn't know if it was Sybille or himself..."
She nodded slowly, and jumped, looking at the door as there was a soft knock on the outside, her heart leaping into her throat at the thought that Demetri had come back.
"Talon, it's Patch. Can I come in?"
She sighed and looked back at Marcus.
"Yeah Chip, come on in."
The door slid open and the man walked in, he gave her and Macus a smile before he turned his gaze on Ali.
"Hey, I just wanted to tell you that Madam Touch wanted me to bring you to the medical room, she wants to start you on regular medical appointments."
Ali frowned as she nodded slowly as she took a step forward.
"What for?"
"The baby Alex. You have to be looked at regularly for the saftey of the child."
She nodded slowy and looked at Marcus, he nodded and watched her go, followed by Patch.
The walk was slow as she followed Patch through the halls, the walk taking only 5 minutes til they entered the room, she looked up as Demetri sat on a table, his mother's hands hovering over him, his eyes locked with her's and she looked away to guilty to even look at him. Madam Touch patted Demetri's shoulder and walked over to Ali, her face calm and a gentle smile on her face.
"Hello Ali, how are you feeling?"
"I'm-"
She glanced at Demetri as he watched silently, his face turned down in a hurt frown as he looked towards them, she looked back at Madam Touch.
"I'm feeling alright. Tired mostly."
"You look exhausted dear. Patch, get X for me will you?"
The young man nodded before walking away to get the other medical agent, Touch looking over Ali, her hands hovering over her as she moved them up and down her body.
"You seem to have an iron deficiancy, we'll have to fix that. Not only that it seems as if you haven't eatten much, that's not good either dear."
She trailed off as Patch returned with a young man who gave Touch a friendly smile.
"What can I do for you Madam?"
"X, glad you could help me. I need to see the child she's carrieing."
Ali blinked as the man nodded, she could see movement out of the corner of her eye and turned her head, seeing Demetri standing and make his way over to the table she sat on, a shocked look on his face.
Madam Touch didn't seem to notice as she pushed Ali gently til she was laying down, Ali did so with no fighting til she was looking up at the people surrounding her, but she looked at Demetri the most, his face blank as the yound man, X, put his hands on her stomach, she gasped as her skin turned translucent. Touch moved forward and began to hover her hands over Ali stomach, smiling she nodded and looked back at Patch.
"The sonogram if you will?"
After a few moments Ali jumped as a cold gel covered her stomach and Touch smiled as she went through the steps much like Patch had done the frist time and Ali felt her heart jump yet again as the soft thump of a heartbeat filled the small room. Hearing a gasp she looked over, seeing Demetri looking at the small screen, his eyes shining with unshed tears. Throwing cation to the wind she reached forward and gently took his hand, he frowned and looked down at her fingers as they linked with his. Touch and Patch walked away for a moment, giving the two a second to talk while they looked at the black and white screen, showing the growing child within her.
"Demetri..."
"I'm still not ready yet."
"I know that, but can I just say something...please?"
He looked at her, meeting her eyes and she could feel herself getting lost in them as she usually did.
"I'm so sorry. I never wanted to hurt you...I never wanted to cause you more pain than what you've already going through..."
He looked away from her to look back at the screen.
"Ali, I don't know if I could ever trust you already that man again."
"Please...I'm not asking you to...I know you won't, but I want to tell you...I never did stop loving you. I always called out to you, I always hoped that one day you would come home to me."
"Than why?"
"It's a long strory love-"
"Don't."
She blinked, his voice having taken on a gruff tone.
"Don't call me that. Not right now."
She nodded slowly and looked away from him.
"It's a long story...I just needed company...I was so lonely while you were gone and at first that's all it was, all I went to him for was company, just to have someone to talk to...but over time..."
"I think I can put the pieces together from there Alex."
She felt her heart jump as he sat up, she paniced and sat up quickly with him and threw her arms around his neck.
"Please, I don't want you to leave me alone...I meant when I told you that I love you, I never stopped loving you. You were always on my mind."
He pried her off of him and looked down at her, an unreadable look on his face.
"Alex-"
Throwing caution to the wind she pushed her self forward and connected her lips with his, he reacted in instinct as he wrapped his arm across her shoulders and pulled her forward deepening the kiss for a moment and elicting a conteneted sigh from her, the sound jogging him from the action and made him pull away. He was breathing heavily as he shook his head, Ali looked up at him, her cheeks flushed as she took sat taking deep breaths to try and slow her pulse. He shook his head and walked away from her with out anothe word. She felt her heart shatter and held the emotions at bay as Patch and Touch came back telling her to come and see them once a week, sliding off the table she made her way back to her room and opened the door to see Marcus pacing back and forth, he looked up as she entered, her throat tightened and with out words she threw herself into his arms sobbing into his chest as the pain of what she had done to the two men she loved finally crashed down ontop of her. [/color][/font]

[size="1"]Marcus stood their just holding her, feeling the tears touch his skin, the cool touch made him shiver slightly. He hated seeing her cry, that was the one and only thing that tore at him the most of anything that happened between them. He felt himself melting in her embrace, he wished it was under better circumstances but he wasn't about to be picky now of all times. Marcus hadn't thought this far ahead when it came to his relationship with Ali, with Demetri's mind as warped as it was, and him unable to find a means to break his bonds, it seemed like he would never be the same man. Marcus couldn't lie about how he would have loved to have Ali to himself, to be the only one loved by her, but he knew that wasn't going to happen. He knew he had arrived too late, her connection with Demetri was greater then theirs and Marcus felt like dying then. With all of the pain being caused around them Marcus had to cause one more hurt before things could come close to mending.
[b]
"I think I should move my things out Ali." [/b]He felt her grip tighten, his throat tightened as well, wishing he could take the words as soon as he said them. He he refrained, as he felt the tears increase. He tightened his arms around her.
[b]
"I don't want you to go."[/b] She whispered to him, he felt the truth of the words, his own mind agreed with what she said, wanting to just end it there. He couldn't do that, he knew he needed to do this now, at least do one thing right.
[b]
"Do you still love Demetri?"[/b] His mind knew the answer, but his heart hoped that she would say no. She nodded her head to his question, feeling his hear shatter with that simple nod.
[b]
"Then I need to my love."[/b] He felt her breath catch at the last words, he let go of her, starting to pick up things nearby he grabbed several books, tossing them into a box nearby. He didn't even care about whether he damaged them or not, they weren't his world anymore the woman who was left crying, her hands held to her face as she watched him packing things up and toss into a box, was the only thing that matter to him anymore. She was his everything now, and now he had to hand his entire world to someone else, had to be witness to someone else's love. Once the box was full, he lifted it up, the weight feeling greater then what it really was, the weight of the world on his shoulders again. He set the box aside as he started to load up more, only having about half a dozen boxes on hand, he packed as much as he could. Holding his tears back as Ali just watched, unable to do anything as the conflicting feelings tugging and pulling her in every direction. When he filled as much as he could, he prepared to take the first trip of many to his old quarters. The walls were bare now, his scrolls and trinkets gone as he had packed things indiscriminately, he stood at the door now, finding it difficult to take the step out. Marcus could still hear her gentle weeping, the soft sound was all it took for him to look back at her.

She walked to him now, standing at his side as he held a box in his arms, unable to move as she gently reach out and touch his face, her hand on his face he couldn't hold back the single tear that rolled down his face when he closed his eyes for just a moment. He turned away then, walking out the door and heading down the hall, Ali's sobs resumed, Marcus felt the wave of grief and sadness smash into him like a wave. Causing him to falter for just a second before continuing his walk. When he was about half way there he looked turned to look back from where had come from. He had prayed she would come from him, stop from getting this far. He could imagine it now, he could feel his heart calling out to her, the rune reacting to it and she making the final choice. Ali racing out of the room, running to catch up with him, yelling his name as she saw his marked body causing him to turn, dropping the box as she throws herself at him, their lips locking in a passionate kiss. The memory of the other Marcus came to mind for him, seeing the wedding, Ali in her beautiful dress as she held his hands. Those final words of I do crossing his lips before meeting her for one last kiss before the rest of their lives went on, Marcus had been ready to be a father, he didn't care who's it was, all that matter is that it was with Ali. He turned away again, letting his hopes get up like that was damaging to his soul.

He finally made it to his old room, walking through the door he placed the box down, needing a few moments before he went to collect more. He started to unpack the things he had, books and scrolls he had he just tossed aside, until he found something that caught his eye. Slowly reaching in he withdrew a small trinket, covered in markings, it was a small stone used for complicated rituals. Ali had gotten him a set of these, telling him that she had just found them one day while she was out, she bought them not knowing anything about them except that Marcus might like them. He had been speechless when she gave them too him, unable to thank her any other way he gave her a passionate kiss. The tears erupted from him then, sliding down his face as they landed on the stone itself gripped tightly in his hand, he left himself fall to the ground as he wept for his lost love. He wept for the loss of that wedding, of never getting that chance with her. He kept trying to tell himself it was the right thing to do, but no matter how many times he said it, the words simply were worthless.[/size]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali looked up at the door hoping beyond everything that Marcus would walk back through the door, his box in his arm to just drop it on the floor and gather her into his arms, kissing away her tears and reassuring her that everything was going to be alright. After moments of sitting there, she realized with a sob that he wasn't coming back. Standing on shaky legs she stumbled to the door and waited til it slid open, much slower than she wanted it to. Not even caring about anything, not the people in the hall saluteing her, not the 'hellos' nothing, her eyes only on the door down the hall. Reaching it she searched her pockets for her keycard, not finding it she punched her code in and waited again for the door to slid open, once it did she stumbled in. Seeing him there, tears running down his face she couldn't hold herself back as she fell to the floor beside him causeing him to look at her with wide eyes and than fall back onto his backside as she threw her self into his chest.
"I don't want you to go!"
He sat there, frozen for a moment before he acted, wrapping his arms around her shoulders he held onto her tightly, Ali felt her self relax slightly as he held her, her tears still falling.
"I know-I know that it isn't right, and I know that I can't have both of you...but I-I don't want to let you go just yet...at all!"
She waited for him to say something, anything but when nothing came she looked up at him, he was looking down at her, his face streaked with tears as well.
"Alex...you have to make a choice..."
She shook her head and tucked her face down into his chest.
"I don't want to...I don't know if I can."
His arms tightened around her more.
"Ali..."
"I know-"
She swallowed the lump in her throat before continueing.
"I know I can be happy with you...I saw it. I saw how happy we can make each other. How am I supposed to make a choice when the answer is so hard to see."
"You love Demetri to much to choose me."
She shook her head violently, making his body shift with the movement.
"I do love Demetri, nothing could ever change that...but...I don't know what I want anymore..."
His breath caught in his throat at her words.
"Alex, your carrieing his child."
She nodded, still not looking at him.
"But...that doesn't bother you does it?"
He didn't answer her right away, the silence made her nervous til he sighed and burined his nose in her hair, his arms tightening around her.
"No, it doesn't bother me at all."
She nodded slowly, lifting her face to look at him, she took a deep breath before leaning forward and pressing her lips against his, the groan that escaped him was almost music on her ears as his eyes drifted shut, she pulled back enough to speak.
"I love you Marcus. And I don't know if I'm ready to say goodbye yet..."
Before he could argue she pressed her lips to his again, pressing her self into his arms til he toppled backwards, he looked up at her as she sat up slightly and looked down at him.
"I don't want to say goodbye, the time we've had together was real, and it was some of the happiest moments of my life..."
"Alex...what about Demetri?"
She put her forehead to his chest, guilt washing through her in a fresh, sharp wave; only to be replaced with sheer hurt as she recalled him pulling away from her in the medical room, pulling away from her touch and kiss.
"I don't think he could ever forgive me...I don't think he could ever look at me the same way again."
"You know that's not true, he loves you much more than you think, he'll come around."
She threw her fist into his chest causeing him to stutter, he looked down at her to find her look gazing up at him, tears falling from her eyes.
"I don't really think he ever could."
Marcus closed his eyes and sat up, still holding her to his chest.
"Alex, you shouldn't be here. Go. Wait for him in your room. That's where you should be. Not here."
"Shut up Marcus! How can you know where I should be if even I don't know?!"
Her words stopped him short on his logic, he was unable to argue with that.
"Ali-"
Before he could say anything else she sat up and kissed him, activating the rune on her wrist she relayed every emotion that was flowing from her and into him causing him to gasp against her lips and giving her the moment to deepen the kiss with no fight from him. [/color][/font]

[size="1"]Ali's emotion coursed through his body now, the sheer ecstasy of it robbing him of all logical thought, he felt her need, he felt the raw energy she put out with the rune. The glow intensifying with the passion on the kiss, Marcus encircled her tightly in his arms, pulling away only to breath as they kissed deeply again. Marcus could feel his passion rising to the top, his runes began to glow, the first time since Masan gave her soul for his new development he felt them glow with the intensity of his feelings. Marcus felt Ali's hands pass under his robe, touching his flesh as her nails scrapped against his skin with her need. He groaned in pleasure as his hands grabbed her shirt and pulled ti from her body, Ali pushing his robe off his shoulders as she grazed her teeth across his collar bone, Marcus undoing her bra and tossing it aside before lifting her up and setting her on the bed, her hair falling to frame her face.

Marcus stood quickly, his robe falling away as he got on top of Ali and started to kiss down her neck, her hands holding on to his arms and squeezing as he worked his way down, kissing and licking any skin he could. She didn't flinch when he touched her scar between her breasts, before moving down to her stomach, Ali's fingers digging into his body again as he fumbled for the button on her pants before accidentally break it off and unzipping her pants and pulling them off, leaving her in nothing but her panties now. He hands traveling down his body and removing his last article of clothing as he did the same, his passion escalated at seeing her undressed form and he embraced her, her moans and screams spurring on his body as they rotated and turned. His mind losing all track of time, only focusing on her body, seeing her back arching and how her hair fell around her shoulders. Time slowed to a crawl to them, everything else in the world didn't matter to the two lovers, everything was perfect as it was, their hand entwined as Ali took control, Marcus on his back. His heart soared as he could feel Ali's do the same. When it all came to and end, they both simply laid there, their bodies drenched in sweat and their muscles sore, Marcus kissed her gently before pulling back again catching his breath. He looked into her light brown eyes, seeing how her need for him didn't fade from those portals. His would never fade for her either, he glided his hand up and down her arm, happy to feel her skin again.
[b]
"I didn't know you could do that Alex."[/b] She smiled at him with that private smile, a small giggle escaping.
[b]
"I had to have some secrets."

"You were late."[/b] She looked at him, questioning what he meant.
[b]
"I had hoped you would of stopped me in the hall."[/b] She gave him a wake on his chest.
[b]
"You should of just come back, shouldn't make the lady run after you."[/b] He smiled at her again, she cuddled up to him now, her eyes gently closing as he held her. His mind working to much for him to rest now, he felt invigorated again, as if he still had a chance. When Ali had finally fallen asleep, he rose from the bed silently, dressing in only his lion cloth and shorts again he had managed to cram into a box. He was leaning to pick the box up, ready to bring it back to their room when he suddenly heard something from Ali, a small noise that drew his attention. He pulled the sheet back just enough to see her face, he could see tears streaming down her face in her sleep. The sight broke him all over again, he could only think of one thing that would make her weep like that, she was thinking of Demetri, and how what they just did betrayed all of his trust yet again. He sat down on the couch as quietly as possible, his face in his hand as he felt his life slipping away again. He had let his passion get the better of him, and wouldn't lie, it had felt right and felt like he was flying. He wanted to keep it, he was ready to do whatever it took. He stopped his thoughts right then and there. He couldn't start this war with Demetri, this would tear the base apart, and tear the team apart. Worst of all, it would destroy Ali. He couldn't let that happen.

He searched through a few boxes, finding a pair of pants and a random jacket he had, changing into cleaner clothes, he searched through the boxes at quietly as possible. Ali's tears had stopped now, her body still shivered even with the blanket on her. He couldn't take it any longer, sneaking over to her, he placed his first two fingers on her forehead, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, he plunged into her dreams. He saw a world covered in darkness, two forms of life before her, one in the hulking shape of Demetri, the other in the shape of Marcus. Their faces on the shapes, both held their hands out to her, when she couldn't choose immediately, they turned and walked away. He saw her stand from her place in the darkness, first, following Demetri, her path changing quickly as she suddenly was running down Marcus' path. He saw her stop then, ending up in the middle again, she wept as she looked between the paths, seeing how close she was to reaching the end of either path.

Marcus pulled away then, he went back to the box then, pulling out a small piece of paper and finding an old pen he began writing. It didn't take him long, the letter short but expressing everything he needed it too. He folded it up and wrote the words, 'My Alex' was about to place it beside Alex when he caught the sight of his robe, he remembered the days she wore it, it was her favorite. He tucked the letter into the robe pocket, he gently pulled the blanket back and laid the robe on her naked body, putting the blanket back over her. He couldn't stop looking at her face, his fingers touching her face, the energy flaring to life in him as he left light blue marks on her face. Giving her one final kiss he whispered to her one last time.
[b]
"I love you Alex, I only wish that memory could have been our memory."[/b] He turned away then, leaving the room and the boxes of stuff, he only grabbed three things, first was Blues bandanna, the next was his swords he left Marcus. The last thing he took was the picture of him and Alex, he would keep that always. He would get someone else to transport them to where ever he went. He knew it needed to be away from here, for her sake. He walked through the halls now, quickly making his way through as his sandals clicked with his speed. He reached the office the Commandant was residing in while he stayed here, he pushed through the people, before finally reaching the door to the Commandants office, knocking loud enough he heard someone call back. He opened the door to see Shield sitting in his chair looking over reports. His eyes focusing in on Marcus.
[b]
"Captain Demos, what can I do for you."

"I need transport Commandant."[/b] Shield raised an eyebrow at him.
[b]
"Why is that?"[/b] Marcus kept his face calm, even though a storm of sorrow raged in his chest.
[b]
"I need to find more information on the gods."[/b] Shield leaned back in his chair, looking over Marcus.
[b]
"Where would you go?"

"Where ever I needed to Shield. I'm the only one who has significant knowledge of the gods, I'll find what we need to bring them down. I need to leave this base though."[/b] Shield simply stared for a few moments. He then nodded to him.
[b]
"Fair enough Marcus, when do you wish to leave?"

"Immediately."[/b] Shield's eyes grew wide, then his eyes glided over the swords in his grip. He nodded to Marcus then.
[b]
"Very well, Mist will take you where ever you need to go. Your things will be there shortly after." [/b]Shield held out his hand to Marcus, Marcus leaned forward and shook his hand with his one free hand.
[b]
"Good luck Marcus."[/b] He nodded as he left the Commandants office, the swords still tightly in his hands as he prepared mentally for this journey. He wasn't sure he would come back the same way he left.[/size]

Demitri was finished with the examination he got from his mother, there were still runes inside his body that Sybille implanted with a uniwue writing power, but they were slowly fading away like the sand blew in the desert. Demitri marveled at the image of his child growing inside of his beloved Alex, but the man was too broken inside and out to be with her at a time like this, though happy and overwhelmed he was about his child safe and sound, he felt his heart break more and more after the discussion he has with Ali and Marcus. The giant sulked down the hall for a moment, passing the same room Ali and Marcus had resided in, he could hear some talking coming from inside, Ali's voice echoed as she gasped for air and sniffled, Demitri could tell she had been crying while she spoke to the mystic. It didn't matter anymore to the giant, he continued on his way towards another room, a single cot, dresser and small bathroom that seemed cramped. Someone the size of pocket could live here comfortable, but not someone with Demitri or Tank's build. The giant sighed sadly as he flopped down onto the cot, it didn't feel the same but the soldier needed a place to rest his thoughts and body while he thought of his next course of action. He thought back to happier times, or what little he could remember, the thought of the mystic and his beloved being together always pooped back into his train of thought, taunting the soldier. The man tossed and turned as he rested, the night went by quickly, but rest did not come easy as the giant felt sick and disoriented. Still, something wasn't all right with him, Madam Touch informed the soldier that her son would still hear voices and become confused with his emotions, but slowly it would die down. Demitri stayed in that room for several days, sticking to small meals and meditating to reduce the stress on his body, impure thoughts would cross his mind once in a while, but Demitri was slowly gaining his mental ground as he fought the bad thoughts away from his mind.

Another couple of days past, and word of Marcus vanishing caught Demitri's attention, the mysic was the acting team leader, but Commandant shield gave him a solo mission from which no one would know of his return to HDF. It was only stated to be classified, which got a high disapproval from Ali, but that was no hard guess to why. Demitri entered the chow hall and made some small chit chat with the woman when she appeared, she seemed alone and distraught, but mostly shameful on her actions. Her tears meant nothing to Demitri, he simply nodded and continued his food before leaving, not intending to play the hurt victim, but in all reality...he was. There would be times when Ali would sit outside of Demitri's room at night, crying silently for the giant to say something to her, to fill the void the reopened when Marcus left, this happened for several nights. Some nights, Demitri would cross by his old room during the day, hearing more crying come from inside, it tore at his heart to know his lover was hurting so, but the man was uneasy at the facts laid out for him. But, he missed her to the core of his heart..

"Alex..." He whispered, shaking his head sadly as he continued on. Later that week, Demitri was eating in the chow hall when Tank sat across the table from his father figure, Demitri didn't need to look and see who it was, he knew this boy was like his new shadow and friend, for someone as young as he was. Demitri continued his chewing as he spoke.

"What is it my boy?" Laughing a bit, Demitri started to sound like his father.

"Talk to momma..." He spoke quickly, Demitri finally met the boys gaze, it was sad and hinted fear. Was he still afraid of Demitri after the beach accident that occured? So many thoughts popped into his head on his emotions. Demitri put his utensil down as he swallowed the rest of his meal.

"In time..."

"No. Now. Please Daddy...." Tank narrowed his eyes, he too seemed tired and exhausted. Tank had often visited Ali when he was feeling ill from the baby growing, or depressed about not having her lover next to her. "She needs you dad...please?" It sometimes bothered Demitri to hear someone else claim his as their parental figure, this wasn't something he was good at adjusting to, but for Tank and Lily, it seemed natural. Demitri threw in the towel happily as he stood from his chair looking down at the boy.

"Alright, but promise me you'll get some rest. Got it?" Tank grew a big smile as he nodded, watching his father figure. Demitri went back to his room that afternoon and washed up, trimming his facial hair that grew wildly and making sure he smelled nice. The soldier went out into the gardens during sunset and picked a couple of red Tulips before he entered the base when the night sky took over. Making his way towards Ali's room, the giant practiced his speech to his loved one, explaining his rationality and second guesses, but one truth stood out more than the others. No matter what, he loved her, and was going to love her until the day she died. The giant was hesitant as he held his fist to her door, taking a large swallow of saliva, Demitri finally tapped lightly on the door to their room. Waiting for a response, the man paced in a small circle, hoping she would have the courage and show Demitri forgiveness for his distant attitude towards the mother of his unborn child. In truth, the man simply wanted to lay next to her like they had before, and finally get a good nights rest with noting to trouble his mind.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali stirred from her slumber, more than aware that the bed was colder than she sould have been if Marcus were there with her, his scent lingered around her like a cloud and she sat up slowly and blinked trying to clear her vision, it was than she felt the material of his robe of her bare skin. The scent of him coming off of it, looking down she picked it up and held it to her body keeping herself covered as she slipped from the bed and began to search for him. A small smile on her face as she recalled all the times he had left her sleeping peacfully as he made something for her to eat, his concern for her and the baby warming her heart. But as she continued her search through his room she felt her smile begin to slip slowly, her heart began to pump faster as fear kicked in, he was no where to be seen. thrusting her hand in the pockets of his robe to bring it around her body she froze as she felt a slip of paper in one of the pockets, taking it out she recgonized his script on the front and felt her heart twist.

My Alex,
I wish that I could have stayed, but this is for the best. I have to say thank you, for so many things but mostly for bringing me back to life. I was the happiest I can ever remember being when I was with you and that is memory that I will revist often. I am sorry...I can already feel the chill seeping into my skin as I write this and I want nothing more than to go back to holding on to you, but I can't I have to let you go. I love you Ali, I'm not when it happened, or really even how, but you became everything to me, and I would gladly give up my books, life, soul if I could keep you happy. Take care of your self, for me and the baby. I'll try to keep in touch.
For All Eternity
Marcus

Ali felt her legs give out as she read the letter, than reread it and than again, hot tears flowed down her cheeks as she brought the letter close to her heart and held onto it, as if holding onto him, the face that he was gone leaving her cold and lonely, standing up after a few moments she gathered her things and walked to the bathroom gasping as she saw the small mark on her face, the line looking like a trail of tears that pulsed and glowed faintly, her tears came freshe again and she slid down the wall to curl up on the floor and sobbed, her voice echoing throughout the room driving it deeper that she was surly and truly alone. After that she locked her self in her room, her grief taking control of her life, she barely had the will to get up from bed and was grateful when Tank began to check in on her, brining her food and making sure she ate, the entire time she clutched Marcus' robe to her chest as her tears seemed never ending. She ventrued out from time to time, seeing Demetri in the lunch hall and trying to talk to him barely getting an answer from the man, it only hurt her more and after almost a week she refused to even get up from bed. She stopped eatting, even when Tank would bring her meals she would roll over on her side and refuse making the gaint boy worry more and more til he finally went to Demetri himself. Telling his father figure that Ali needed him, and that Demetri should talk to her. That very night Ali lay in bed, just like all the other nights, holding a pillow to her chest as she cried, her stomach had stopped growling long ago and she had began to lose weight, her skin turning pale, her cheeks no longer full and blushed with a healthy color they were pale and almost grey due to lack of nutrition, her body to weak to even hold her self up on the bed any more so when the knock came at her door she didn't bother to try to open it. The knock came again and she could hear pacing out side but merely rolled over and ignored it, she had given up all hope of ever fixing things between her and Demetri and she didn't think Marcus would be back for her anytime soon. Her body ached for both men but at the moment her heart reached out to the giant, wanting nothing more than for him to gather her into his arms, tell her everything was going to fine, that he forgave her and still loved her and that no matter what he would always be there for her. She shook her head slightly, knowing that it was impossible, she had done to much damage. She felt a small flutter from her stomach, having lost so much weight due to her dispair she could feel the baby move, her body didn't even have the energy to move her hand down and touch her stomach. Looking at the ceiling she closed her eyes, more tears falling down her cheeks as she passed out, unable to hear the voices and pounding on her door.
Outside Madam Touch and Patch had shown up, seeing her son there Touch frowned as she drew closer.
"Demetri, what are you doing here?"
"I wanted to talk to Ali, is everything alright?"
Patch shook his head as he followed Touch closer to the giant and the door he stood in front of, Demetri frowned as his mother took out a small paper of codes and began to punch them in swiftly.
"How long have you been here baby?"
"Almost 5 minutes, she won't open the door."
Patch let out a small curse before helping the woman with the codes, Demetri begining to feel dread fill his heart.
"What's this all about?"
Patch looked back at the large man with a frown, his eyes holding a pain for his friend behind the door.
"Ever since Demos left, and you pretty much refuse to talk to her, she's locked her self in her room. Tank said she stopped eatting, that she wasn't sleeping, said she'd lost weight and was to weak to even move. Not only that she hasn't been back to see us since the day you guys got back from the ruins."
Demetri's face fell as Patch continued, on and on til he felt his own heart shatter and gently pushed his mother to the side, he typed in his own code, the Commander's code that he still remembered before being controled and felt his heart jump as the door slid open. The room was silent as he walked in slowly, the quiet sending a shiver of unease up his spine, and for good reason as he caught sight of the woman on the bed. Her eyes had small purple bags under them that stood out against her pale skin, she was thing and hollow looking, only a shell of the woman he loved and she looked so fragile, so easy to break he hesitated on picking her up but as she couched sickly he made up his mind. Striding forward he scooped her up, wincing as he felt how light she was compared to what she used to weigh and carried her out of the room and towards the medical ward. Touch and Patch did what they could, healing her sore muscles and fatiged mind, but there was nothing they could do for her condition, having to put IVs in her arms and pump fluids into her system. Demetri stayed, holding her frail hand in his large one gently, his heart breaking as she stayed unconsious for almost a full week. When she finally did crack open her eyes Demetri's heart broke fresh to see the tears slipping from the corners of them, her eyes blood shot and almost lifeless as she seemed to have little to no will to move. He cleared his throat gaining her attention, her movements slow, and almost painful as she turned her head to look at him.
"Oh Alex...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
She closed her eyes, the tears still falling as she shook her head slowly.
"Stop...please...I'm so tired of dreaming...stop haunting me and let me be..."
His chest heaved as his heart beat began to beat faster, Demetri could feel the tears gather in his own eyes at her words, she had suffered so much that she didn't even believe that he was real. Without hesitation he bent over her bed and pressed his lips to her's making her whimper, he was gentle and he placed his hand on her cheek, his thumb rubbing her skin softly. He pulled away slowly, his pulse racing and his body reacting on it's own to her scent and feel, he shook it off his main concern being her well being.
"Alex, your not dreaming, I'm here."
She shook her hear more as the tears began to come quicker.
"No...no your not...you can't forgive me and I can understand that...just please...stop tormenting me."
Demetri tangled his fingers with her's as he pressed his forehead to her's, his emotions rushing through her and making her gasp. His gentle love, his forgiveness, and she blushed as she felt his desire coarse through her causeing a small, almost timid moad to bubble from her throat, he pulled back smileing down at her gently.
"You see? It really is me."
He gasped as she threw her arms around him and pulled him down hugging him tightly as she began to sob into his massive shoulder, coming out of his shock he wrapped his arms around her and held onto her tightly, pouring his emotions into the small woman in his arms as she wept in his arms.
Ali stayed in the med ward for almost two weeks, Demetri staying with her when he wasn't gone taking care of duties, the base had began to calm down more, the rumor mill finally catching on about her little bundle of news and spreading quickly. Ali slipped into the office as a few of the women tried to get her to stop and talk to them, the small bulge more noticable under her shirt now and apparently just begging to be touched or rubbed, which annyoed the woman to no end. She peeked through the blinds of the door and squeaked as thick arms wrapped about her middle shocking her, the large warm hands covering her stomach were the only ones she didn't mind any more and she leaned back into her lover's embrace smiling.
"Hello love."
His deep voice chuckled in her ear sending pleasant chills down her spine, he felt the shiver and turned her around slowly and caught her lips with his. She moaned into the kiss as his arms wrapped around her pulling her close, holding her tight, his hands slowly running up and down her body making her shiver even more. Growling into her mouth as she slipped her fingers under his shirt, her nails raking across his skin and making him shudder. He took his lips from her's and locked them onto her neck as he lifted her feet off the floor and carried her to his desk where he opted to make love to the woman. Her sighs and moans of pleasure floating from his office and out for the secrataries to hear. Ali lay on the couch in his office, holding his uniform jacket to her as she watched him straighten his hair out and fix the low pony tail he had it in, tucking his under shirt back into his pants he looked over at her with a michivious grin making her chuckle and shake her head. She stood and slipped the jacket over her arms, it hung off of her hands by almost 3 inches showing the size difference between her and her lover, she buttoned it and squatted down to help him pick up the papers and other things that had gotten strewn about the room during thier loving making. He met her gaze and chukled as she blushed.
"I think you made enough noise to alert the entire base love."
Her blush deepened and she tucked her hair back while she continued to pick things up off the floor.
"What a way to make an impression as your first day back as Commander, wouldn't you agree Demetri?"
He smiled and grabbed her wrist as she reached to grab a pen, pulling her into him and kissing her deeply, she blinked as she felt somthing press into her palm and looked down. Seeing the small velvet box she choked on what ever she was about to say swallowing thickly she found her voice after a few moments.
"D-Demetri...is this?"
He took it from her hand and opened it, the ring glittering in the dim light, the diamond was small and modest, knowing that she would have a fit if it were to big, and the silver glittered brightly. Small symblos were etched into the band, looking like small swirls of wind and she laughed through her tears as she realized it was his way of making it his own.
"It's beautiful."
He took her chin in his hand and made her look at him, his smile was gentle and loving as he bent forward and caught her lips in a slow kiss.
"I told you, that I wanted you to be a part of my family. I know things have been hard, but it's all in the past..."
She sniffled and closed her eyes as he continued, her mind drifting slowly to the other man that held a piece of her heart, his runed, smiling face coming to her mind before she opened her eyes to look up at Demetri, feeling her heart swell with love for the man as he kissed her knuckles.
"I love you Alex Talon, and I want you to marry me."
He touched her stomach gently making her smile.
"I want this child to be born into a full family, which is why...I've also talked to my father about adopting Tank and Lily."
She looked up at him shocked before a smile spread across her face.
"Do you mean it?"
He nodded.
"We move into the other suit in the top half of the building. It has 4 rooms thanks to my father adding on to it, it's big enough for all of us. We can be a family...if that's what you want..."
She saw the doubt flicker through his eyes and pulled him down kissing him passionately, he growled happily as he slipped the ring on her delicate finger before his hands unbuttoned his jacket from her expertly and proceeded to make love to his future wife yet again, this time taking his time and being gentle.
The wedding was set almost a month after Demetri had proposed, it was beautiful, a fall wedding, Ali's dress being white, and trimmed in black and orange to match the season, Demetri's tux matching her dress, the orange dress shirt and black tie coming together nicely, Ali couldn't stop smiling throughout the entire thing, but every now and than she would remember the memory Marcus had shown her of this very scene happening with him...she shook the thought off as Pocket approached her with a large smile.
"I'm so happy for you! And with a little one on the way, have you thought of a name?"
Ali looked back at Demetri who shrugged and chuckled as Gene threw his arm around his friends shoulder takling drukenly making Demetri laugh. Ali felt her heart skip a beat at the sound of it and felt her own smile grow. As much as her heart ached for Marcus from time to time, she truly loved the man she had just married. She looked at the bands on her hand and smiled more squeaking as long arms wrapped around her and drug her forward onto the dance floor, the dusty, thick scent letting her know who it was almost instantly.
"Jason, you've been smoking again."
He chuckled deeply, the sound viberating through her as she shook her head.
"And on my wedding, really?"
"Come on sis, you can't expect me to watch you marry him and not want a cigarette."
"Jason we've been over this. He was being controled."
Jason swung her out before bringing her back in as they swayed back and forth to the music.
"Don't matter, I've never been a fan of him."
"It's only cause I'm your sister."
He gave her a wolfish grin making her chuckle, his smile fading slightly.
"Have you heard from-"
"No. I haven't."
Her answer was short, curt and to the point.
"I'm just asking a question Ali."
"Not one that I want you to ask."
"Why is that, I was asking about a friend."
She closed her eyes as familiar pain and loss throbbed through her entire being making her grit her teeth and hold back the tears as they gathered in her eyes.
"I really do not feel like crying on my wedding day Jason. So please-"
"Why would you cry? There's no reason to unless...Oh...."
She pulled away from her brother and began to walk towards the building, Demetri watching curiously, he caught her gently by the arm.
"Are you alright?"
She nodded and kissed him briefly before continueing into the building and stopping at the old room, one that meant more to her than most. It was where they fully came together and he had finally said goodbye. She swiped her card and walked in slowly, her heels clicking on the tile of the floor til they met the carpet of his room. She sighed as she stood in the door way, memories flooding her mind before it became to much and she spun around and walked out. Going to her and Demetri's room she dressed in a pair of dress pants, and a white dress shirt and got ready for the reception, hardening her mind against the memories and going back to her husband.

Marcus walked through the halls of the Eastren Base, his most frequent stop since he left almost a year ago, some of the mumbling coming from a few younger member catching his ears.
"-Northern Base, yeah, their new Commandant just had a son a few weeks ago. I heard they names him Neos."
"Really? That's amazing. Who is the mother?"
"The Commander, Alex Talon. I heard she named a god father as well, I can't recall his full name but his last name was Demos. Can you believe it?"
The voices faded and left Marcus to his thoughts, how many other members of the HDF could have the last name Demos? Shaking the thought from his mind for now he kept walking, his mind kept drifting back to the woman he had left behind, unknowing that her mind drifted back to him frequently as well.

Ali sighed as she entered the room, the living room was a mess and Tank just shrugged as Demetri looked up at her with a rueful grin.
"Hello love."
Putting her hand on her hips she glared down at the man who was covered from head to toe in vines and small paper flowers. She looked over at her youngest as he put his hands flat on the floor and gasped as a bright light filled the room, only to clear and show him giggling and cuddling a stuffed bear to her chest. She felt her heart twist painfully, the power reminding her so much of...
"He just showed that to me a few moments ago. My mother says he's developing at an amazing rate....you alright, you just got pale."
She shook her head not trusting her voice.
"Yeah, I just remembered that I forgot to turn in my paperwork to Dizzy. You know how she gets."
The massive man chuckled and nodded.
"That would certainly turn my stomach, you better go and get that done, I'll handle dinner."
She nodded and kissed him and the children quickly before she escaped, her feet moving swiftly as she stopped at the door she visited often. Looking around she nodded to herself seeing no one around her she swiped her card, entered the room, and locked the door behind her. She looked around the room sadly as the twist in her heart became more violent, she sat down on the bed and put her face in her hands as silent tears fell from her eyes, she ran her finger along the small, light blue trail he had marked on her cheek and slowly, ever so slowly began to get her breathing back together as she pulled a folded up picture from her pocket, she stared down at it, her tears now silent but falling none the less. She couldn't deny that she missed him, that she yearned for his presance and company but her body ached for him as well. She could still remember his soft touches, his gentle words of love. Guilt washed over her as she thought back to her husband in the other room with her children, he knew she loved him, and so did she. She would give anything for the large man and had shown that on more than one account but the feelings she had shared with the man in the picture had been real, very real and try as she might she couldn't will them away. She sat there for only gods know how long before she cleaned her face and went back to her family, her heart fluttering happily as Demetri met her at the door with a warm hug and passionate kiss. The past behind them and the furture awaiting. [/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl