OtakuBoards

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Sangome

Meh, this negativity was directed mostly at people who take the trend much too far (in the first video at least. I mean, disability status? Really?).
I didn't see the negativity in the second one too much, really, I mean they all said they'd at least look into it (except for the old guy who just said America's a free country but whatever) and the 3rd one just made me laugh.
RANTING about MLP but they apparently like Care Bears. Mhm. Totally not being 100% prejudiced there.
Also, they said the exact same stuff as people who are actually now bronies so I found it hard to take them seriously and, in fact, did not. Edited by Grouchy Cat

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Comic Sans MS"][center][img]http://i54.tinypic.com/2884ncj.png[/img][/center]

Welcome back, Bronies! It's been a while, hasn't it?

Oh, right, I forgot. I'm the new guy.

Name's Discord. You've all waited patiently for this day, so I figured it was only fair to put on a great performance, and what a performance it was! Those ponies never knew what hit 'em! Now all of Equestria is at my mercy, and let me tell you, that's a trait I'm not exactly renowned for. Then again, I guess the Elements of Harmony aren't technically my property, so I guess I'd better return them. Here you go.

[center][img]http://i52.tinypic.com/1zx4bok.jpg[/img][/center]

Haha! Were you really that gullible? Celestia's mane, you humans are almost as amusing as the ponies! Perhaps someday I shall escape into your world and play with you all! I hear the pink one has knowledge of your "fourth wall". Perhaps she'll divulge that little tidbit with the proper motivation, eh?

Anyway, my time grows short. Chaos doesn't unleash itself. At least, not the widespread kind I deal in. Off I go, but before I do, do you want to know the what my best trick of all was?

It was making you all wait an entire week longer for the resolution of our little game! Have fun, little foals! I hope you find it worth the wait![/font]

• 4 weeks later...
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'm not gonna lie, I...kinda think they were trying too hard to replicate Pinkamena with unhinged/uberstressed/insane!Twilight. Don't get me wrong -- I loved the episode, but I think they were trying just a wee bit hard with this one. I mean, they're both bonkers in different ways, sure, but I'm just meaning in terms of shock/disturbance value.

Rest of the episode was great though, I'm thankful for more Twilight development nonetheless. Rarity was pretty glorious as well.

I also want a Big Mac plushie something fierce now.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1318749407' post='709938']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'm not gonna lie, I...kinda think they were trying too hard to replicate Pinkamena with unhinged/uberstressed/insane!Twilight. Don't get me wrong -- I loved the episode, but I think they were trying just a wee bit hard with this one. I mean, they're both bonkers in different ways, sure, but I'm just meaning in terms of shock/disturbance value.

I also want a Big Mac plushie something fierce now.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Actually, I'm pretty sure that every time they've made a character go nuts in this series, they have all acted in a very similar way.

Big Mac would be the greatest for an over-sized plushie.

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1318771915' post='709939']
Actually, I'm pretty sure that every time they've made a character go nuts in this series, they have all acted in a very similar way.[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I guess? I don't quite remember them being this psychotic outside of Pinkie and Fluttershy [which I also thought came off as rather forced, but was able to largely ignore it since it was a subplot, whereas this took up the entire last 10 minutes of the show], but my memory's pretty horrible. Just something about Twi's I didn't like. It felt...forced, I guess?

Maybe I should stop overthinking a cartoon for little girls, but since they're obviously going to be pandering for the gigantic periphery demographic this season...[/font][/color]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Oddly enough, I liked this week's episode. Felt very season one-ish to me. Better than the last couple of weeks, though I can certainly see why some wouldn't like it.

Next week is Hearth's Warming Eve, the obligatory Christmas-esque episode, focusing on the creation of Equestria [we'll actually find out how Equestria was made! [/Pinkie]], and I guess Celestia by consequence. Hope it's better than the Luna episode.[/font][/color]