OtakuBoards

The OtakuBoards Gym Leader Tournament

Kei

[quote name='ThAt guy' timestamp='1306396764' post='707604']
So whats the rule on Move Lists? I get that your pokemon can't change... but I think it would be even worse if you could TM up your pokemon before a battle.
I doubt anyone here would be cheap enough to try that, but I figure an official ruling might be in order.
[/quote]

I utilise TM's, especially since in Black and White they can be used over and over. I see no harm in using TM's if you spent time trying to afford them or find them. (my team has TM's)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='ThAt guy' timestamp='1306396764' post='707604']
So whats the rule on Move Lists? I get that your pokemon can't change... but I think it would be even worse if you could TM up your pokemon before a battle.
I doubt anyone here would be cheap enough to try that, but I figure an official ruling might be in order.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]As specifically stated prior to this, once the tournament starts, no moveset can be changed. As far as TM moves go, there's nothing wrong with using them as part of a moveset. Some competitive movesets can only be put together from TM use, so I see no point in limiting them.[/color][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Gavin: Sad to see you drop out, but the matchups have already been figured taking you dropping into account, so no big deal. Hope to see you in the Spring 2 tournament.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Kei' timestamp='1306445224' post='707608'][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Gavin: Sad to see you drop out, but the matchups have already been figured taking you dropping into account, so no big deal. Hope to see you in the Spring 2 tournament.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]:suave:

Heh, good to know Kei, I said it was a longshot that I'd be ready back on the 14th anyway so I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't throwing off the numbers. Good luck to everyone involved, I'll be following this one for sure.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Kei' timestamp='1306445224' post='707608']
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]As specifically stated prior to this, once the tournament starts, no moveset can be changed. As far as TM moves go, there's nothing wrong with using them as part of a moveset. Some competitive movesets can only be put together from TM use, so I see no point in limiting them.[/color][/font]
[/quote]
I didn't know it was mentioned before, and I didn't mean prohibit TM use, I just figured people might use TMs to make their pokemon strong against whatever type they were about to fight. Since you already said changing the moveset is against the rules it answers my concern.

[center][font="Century Gothic"][b]Attention all competitors![/b] [/font]
[/center][center]
[font="Century Gothic"]Match-ups have been finalized and will be available for viewing at [b][color="#ff0000"]midnight EDT[/color][/b]. Please check [b]the OP[/b] at that time to find your opponent for Round 1.[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]In regards to reporting, please [color="#ff0000"][b]PM your results[/b][/color] to me once you have finished your match. Please include [b]last Pokémon used in battle by both opponents[/b] and [b]number of Pokémon remaining on the winner's team[/b].[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]Thank you for your participation, and good luck in your battles.[/font]

[b]EDIT: [/b]Tournament match-ups are now live!
[/center]

So I realized lots of flaws with my team during the first round and I really want to fix them but it'd be against the rules. I must have some terrible luck, I hurt myself in confusion every single time I was confused.

Since we have 8 people total now we didn't even need to do it round robin style, we could of have had single elimination where the people who lost battle the other losers from that bracket. Then we could have had definite rankings...

I'm ready for the second round! Edited by Lawliet

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1306876271' post='707721']
So I realized lots of flaws with my team during the first round and I really want to fix them but it'd be against the rules.
[/quote]
Same here... I have been playing in the battle subway just to see if there are more problems that I should have caught and cannot change, d:

Also, I kinda like having the chance to play everyone, and it really wouldn't be fair to eliminate people when certain types are going to have advantages over others. All things considered, I really like how things have been set up in this tournament so far.

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Thanks to everyone who has sent in their results so far. The tournament is going along swimmingly. However, there is a rule addendum that I have to announce.

[font="Century Gothic"][color="#000000"]During the tournament phase, [b]battles must take place within a week of the match-up announcements[/b]. If one or both players do not post or PM to the effect that they have attempted to contact their opponent with no response, [color="#ff0000"][b]one or both players will automatically forfeit their match for that round[/b][/color].[/color][/font]

This rule was created because there has been at least one instance of this happening, but it also helps to move things along at a decent pace. If you have any questions, please ask here, or PM me.[/color]
[/font]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]He's referring to the type match-up, Lil. Dragon-types are weak to Ice, and Ol' Fighter signed up with an Ice team.
[/color][/font]

[quote name='Kei' timestamp='1307137103' post='707826']
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]He's referring to the type match-up, Lil. Dragon-types are weak to Ice, and Ol' Fighter signed up with an Ice team.
[/color][/font]
[/quote]

Ohhhhh I see, me sowwy >Ï?<

[quote name='Morbo' timestamp='1307134906' post='707824']
O.o I didn't know I was the one to beat
[/quote]
Well, I am looking forward to battling you, but I guess it won't matter all that much.

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1307277527' post='707857']
I'm not a she!
[/quote]

That made me lol.

Your match up with Fighter should be a good one (if it takes place) your both evenly matched in terms of type.

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1307277527' post='707857']
I'm not a she!
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Ahahaha... Sorry. > >;

lolinternet
[/color][/font]