OtakuBoards

The OtakuBoards Gym Leader Tournament

Kei

I don't want to sound like a bad sport here, but waiting a week for someone to be DQ'ed is really going to slow everything down. I mean I know that at least 2 of our Matches have already taken place and I'm sure the third has been planned to take place during the next few days, if not its taken place already. What I'm saying is this is going to take a total of 7 weeks if we wait each time, maybe we should post when all other matches have taken place and give say, 24 hours for last match to state they have a date arranged, this can be done by PM if they prefer. If they have a date then fine, but if not it's slowing everything down.

Maybe this can be introduced after this round, because lets face it if you haven't shown for 2 weeks your probably not going to, or you wouldn't want to start at a 2-0 disadvantage.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I honestly don't believe waiting a week is detrimental to the process. This is coming from the standpoint that people have other things they have/want to do in their daily lives, and giving someone the entire week (as opposed to suddenly shoving a time limit on them) allows for everyone to find a time that's suitable to them. If that addendum were to be imposed, we could suddenly have a lot [i]more [/i]people being forced to drop out of their matches, and then things just go to hell.

I'm also looking into the future for this, since how this tournament goes will determine the rules for the next one.

So, it's a fair point, but I'm going to stick with what we have in regards to this. If he ends up with a 0-2 start, that's a bed of his own making.
[/color][/font]

And it give me a week off!

I will never ever complain about a free win. Maybe next week he will come back and only Lily and myself will get them! Plus I feel like if we just rushed everything he might miss out on the whole thing which would mean all the time he put into his team would be wasted. Edited by Lawliet

I find it hard to believe that he forgot the start date.
Making these teams isn't the easiest thing in the world... I think he probably forgot about training 'till it was too late. It would be really cool if he did show up later though... its not like you can count out someone who is (0,2) right now... since we are only a quarter of the way through the competition. Edited by CaNz

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Sorry, folks. Unforseen circumstances regarding the power situation for my laptop has placed things on hold. For purposes of the tournament, we'll look at this as a bye week for the entire field. Sorry about the inconveinence.
[/color][/font]

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1308497209' post='708024']
Where are the synopsizes (is that the right word?) of the matches!?
[/quote]
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]
I was a little busy last night, so I didn't have time to do them. They'll be up in due time.
[/color][/font]

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1308497209' post='708024']
CaNz's 2-0 record is kinda intimidating. I guess my record is the same as his but I didn't have to fight for mine.
[/quote]

Well, it is true that I had to fight pretty hard to beat my opponents, but I didn't IV train so I am still a bit afraid of a 6 mon team with 31 points for each stat.

I am glad that Kei is still doing the synopsis... it feels like a pro tournament when I read those.

I didn't breed for IVs and I only EV trained two of my guys. I wasn't sure if other people where doing that or not anyways and if not I didn't want to crush everyone since this is just for fun. [s]I'm thinking maybe that's why Morbo is winning all of his matches by such a wide margin.[/s] Edited by Lawliet

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1304983482' post='707238'] ...because I'm trying to IV breed.
[/quote]
I think this is what got me scared... but if you didn't EV breed for all of them than there is a good reason to be afraid, since I EV trained all of mine. I didn't IV breed, but I guess I do wanna win this a bit too much. [font="Century Gothic"]^^;;[/font]

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1308535815' post='708029']
I didn't breed for IVs and I only EV trained two of my guys. I wasn't sure if other people where doing that or not anyways and if not I didn't want to crush everyone since this is just for fun. [s]I'm thinking maybe that's why Morbo is winning all of his matches by such a wide margin.[/s]
[/quote]

:( I don't even know what IV breeding or EV training is... I didn't even know what a pseudo-legendary or Uber Pokemon was until this tournament[b]...

[/b]I was really surprised that White lost by default, I didn't know he disappeared from the site aswell. I hope he doesn't stay gone or this tournament will get a little easy with all the free wins being handed out. Edited by Morbo

[quote name='Morbo' timestamp='1308594708' post='708038']
:( I don't even know what IV breeding or EV training is... I didn't even know what a pseudo-legendary or Uber Pokemon was until this tournament[b]...

[/b]I was really surprised that White lost by default, I didn't know he disappeared from the site aswell. I hope he doesn't stay gone or this tournament will get a little easy with all the free wins being handed out.
[/quote][color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]
There was a bit of confusion between Kei and I on the times for our battle (mostly on my part cause I misunderstood her) and I was away for the weekend. I think we've got it all sorted out now though and hopefully we get an update soon. ^^;

On another note, has anyone else had troubles getting their WiFi working properly with their DS? I use a DS Lite and I had to get my tech-savvy brother to dumb down my WiFi just for it to connect. =/[/font][/color] Edited by White

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1308753587' post='708074']
I'm ready for round 4!
[/quote]

I can't wait to find see the outcome your match.

On a side note, message sent to Ol Fighter but no response yet. Edited by Morbo

[quote name='Morbo' timestamp='1308770132' post='708081']
I can't wait to find see the outcome your match.

On a side note, message sent to Ol Fighter but no response yet.
[/quote]
[font="Tahoma"][color="#696969"]Was supposed to battle Ace today but he didn't show. [s]Hopefully we can reschedule before time runs out.[/s] Battle has taken place. ^^[/color][/font] Edited by White