OtakuBoards

Witches: Gods Rising

Akieen Cloud

[size=2]He held a small smile on his face now, feeling the sensation her touch inspired in him he knew he had finally made the right decision. For once he was sure he had done everything right now, he had no sense of anything being wrong, he enjoyed the touch around his waist now. He gentle kiss she had placed square on his back as invoked a shiver and he craved another, but he knew he could wait for another, as long as he was near her now, that's all that mattered, her and Neos. He placed his hand gently on hers wrapped around him, feeling her soft skin under his hand made him close his eyes for just a moment, a long enough moment for him to feel a spark, it vanished as quickly, but soon came again, lasting longer and longer every time it appeared. It finally became clear when he realized that it was from Ali, he felt her letting go of something and felt an energy passing through him. The flow was gentle and relaxing, he felt it find its way into his chest and wrapped itself gently around his heart, he understood what it was. His breathing slowly starting to grow more rapid as the feeling took a deeper hold on him, his smile growing softly he glanced over his shoulder before speaking.

[b]"I see that no matter how much things change, they stay the same."[/b] He felt he grip tighten again, the embrace intoxicating. He let out a soft groan, turning in her grasp he smiled down at her, a mischievous look on his face as she looked up at him.

[b]"Think it's time we finished what we started Alex, think you can beat me?" [/b]She let go and back up a few steps, he did the same, seeing an almost predator look on her face as she readied her body.

[b]"Lets see if you can actually fight mystic."[/b] He let out a small chuckle, she suddenly rushed him, her speed her strongest asset as she used it to her full advantage. Marcus doing his best to track her as she lashed out, her legs proving to be as flexible as he remembered he saw her make a hit for his face, His body moving out of the way, with almost no time to dodge her back swing he fell backwards, catching himself on his hands and landing on his feet before running at her. Letting his body fall into the routine he struck out with as his hands balled into fists, almost pretending that his swords were in his hands, letting the motion come naturally as he kept up the hit, she avoiding and tried to take out his legs again, he body reacting as he twisted in the air and landed on his feet. Her right foot was suddenly barreling towards his chest and he caught it before making contact, the force pushing him back as he held on to her foot. Landing on her hands she looked at him before he twisted her foot away and lunged forward, an open palm cam smashing down she had been only moments ago. She use her shoulder to barrel into him, being smaller then Demetri made him easier to push over, he took the opportunity to wrap her in his arms and use his legs to hold hers. She squirmed for a bit before getting loose, he rolled away as a knee came down, he was on his feet instantly and brought his foot up in a powerful kick, she used her hands to catch it but the momentum sending her up as she held on. Holding his leg in the air she balanced on it before flipping over him and wrapping an arm around his neck, pushing her hand into his spine before whispering into his ear.

[b]"Almost, but not quite."[/b] He grinned as he pulled her arm away from hiss throat, twisting it around and snatching the other one before he flipped her over, causing her to land on her back on the mat, pinning her down he smile a she breathed heavily.

[b]"You got a lot faster, but not fast enough."[/b] She was breathing hard too, her eyes glancing down, his followed to see her knee right in between his legs. He looked up as he saw that triumphant look on her face, he shook his head as he laughed, letting her go as he stood up, holding out his hand to her she gripped it, pulling her up innocent enough, until suddenly he leaned forward and pulled her over his shoulder, holding on to her he started to spin her around. He could hear her squealing at him.

[b]"Stop Marcus!"[/b] He heard between her laugh before finally slowing down and then setting her back down they both fell on their bottoms and laughed for a little bit. Sweat still coating both of their bodies as they tried to catch their breath. This made the memories come back in several flashes, all the times they would find themselves somewhere laughing because of a play fight they just had, most of the time it became more, but this wasn't one of those times. He looked at Ali, seeing her scantly clad figure, when she had been changing he had tried to avert his eyes, failing in that he tried not to look directly at her, he had blushed at seeing her like that, thankfully his skin was as dark as it was. He let his eyes wander before looking her in the eyes again.

[b]"I see why Demetri has problems fighting you. Much faster then you use to be."[/b] She smiled and get a small laugh.

[b]"You've toughened up some, didn't think you could keep up."

"Hardly, lucky you didn't break me!"[/b] He said as he climbed to his feet, helping her back on to her feet he suddenly embraced her, giving her a light kiss on her head before letting go. She looked up at him.

[b]"What was that for?"

"For everything Alex, wouldn't still be here without you."[/b] He saw he blush then, the words may have seemed extreme, but in all honestly they were true. The spell used on Sybille, had originally needed his own soul to complete the ritual, finding the power came from Masan and his love for Ali. His strength to keep on going the past three years had come from the memories of them together, and always the ever present thought of going back to her kept him going. He felt that now, more so then ever, he showed her that special smile before he walked over a took a seat on the bench, pulling out a bottled water from under and taking a deep drink. His eyes never leaving Ali.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color="#000080"]Ali felt her heart leap as he showed her his smile, shaking her head she let a small smile slip onto her own face and stretched her arms above her head not failing to notice how his eyes followed her.
"I'm shocked though Marcus."
He raised his eyes brows as he took another drink, his own silent way of asking why.
"I never pegged you for a close combat person. I suppose you have changed alot these last three years. Last time we sparred I kicked your ass."
He grunted as she sat down next to him and bumped her shoulder to his.
"If I recall correctly Ali you were also pregnant and I didn't want to hurt you."
She scoffed and plucked the bottle from his hand taking a deep drink, his eyes widening slightly as he saw her lick a small droplet off the rim of the bottle before handing it back to him, wiping the cool condisation from her hand onto her forehead and looked up at him smiling happily.
"Thank you Marcus."
"For what? You have nothing to thank me for anything."
She leaned over and put her head on his shoulder, the touch making his breath catch although she didn't hear it.
"For everything."
"Everything like what Ali? I've done nothing-"
"You've done alot. You gave me Neos, you came back. Your still here."
"I didn't give you Neos Ali, Demetri did."
She shook her head and sighed.
"It's hard to explain. I know Demetri got me pregnant but, Neos wouldn't be who he is without you."
She didn't see his face, but she could hear his heart beat speed up, reaching out she took his hand and traced the runes on his hand.
"They changed. When did they do that?"
He smiled and she pulled her hands back as the runes began to glow and move, she gasped as the glow decreased and she could see the pattern change yet again.
"That's....wow. Marcus that's beautiful."
She traced the new pattern gently now, her fingers running from the top of his hand towards his wrist where she flipped his hand over and ran her fingers along the inside of his arm, up towards his shoulder where she turned his back to her and continued to his shoulder blades. Her hands splaying over his skin as she continued to search his back.
"This...this is amazing."
She fianlly noticed him breathing heavily and stopped her exploration to study him.
"Marcus, are you alright?"
He nodded slowly, his eyes shut and not looking at her.
"Marcus I mean it, what's wrong."
"Nothing Ali. I'm fine. I promise."
She nodded before she looked back at his skin, one finger slowly running along a rune that ran along his spine, this time she felt him shiver, his skin slowly getting hot under her hands.
"Marucs, your burning up. Please, what's wrong?"
He spun around on her and she gasped, his eyes gleaming down at her and she felt the emotions rolling off of him and stood quickly.
"I'm sorry, I should. I should leave."
He grabbed her wrist before she had a chance to even take a single step and pulled her back, his arms going around her waist as he rest his chin on the time of her head.
"I'm sorry. I can't help it sometimes Ali, especailly around you."
She closed her eyes and sighed, pulling away from him she looked up at him and smiled, shaking her head she put her hands on his chest and smiled, walking her fingers down his chest, his eye brows getting higher and higher the lower she got til she stopped, below his ribs.
"Whoa, wait a minute Alex don't you-"
She clawed at his skin, his chuckles starting soft before growing in volume, his laughter echoed through the training room now as Ali followed him on her knees as he tried to roll away from her. The whole time she tickled him mercilessly, finally grabbing her wrist he pulled her down, pinned her to the mat and growled down at her while trying to catch his breath.
"That was low, even for you."
She frowned though he could still hear the laughter in her voice.
"You saying I'm low? How long have you thought that?"
He smirked making her frown more.
"Your such an ass."
He chuckled and jumped as she pulled her knee between them, pressing it against his chest and shoving him back startling him, see the look on her face she burst into laughter, the sound of it bouncing off the walls and echoing for minutes before it fianlly died down.
"I don't think I've ever seen you make a face like that!"
He blinked a few times before frowning.
"I don't remember you being able to do THAT!"
"Oh come on Marcus, I've gotten more flexible, I've had to with my fighting style. Watch."
Standing she moved away from him, flipping onto her hands she allowed her weight to settle before doing a split, Marcus gaping at her as she slowly moved her body forward til her feet rested on the floor again and brought her hands off slowly. She smiled down at him, his eyes wide.
"That's nothing. Trust me, once I limber up, I can manage some wicked moves!"
She continued to talk, showing him move after move, her eyes bright with excitment as he watched her. [/color][font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]

[size=2]The thoughts passing through his mind were ones he wanted to share with Ali, even if they were a bit on the wild side. Seeing how she had honed her body more, showing him every flexible move she could do made his blood boil, he was doing his est now to keep his mind as focused as possible and his body under control. He felt himself want to quiver, feeling his will getting weaker to not just tackle her now as make love to her in this very room. He took a deep breath, his eyes staying on her as he calmed himself, finding he wasn't doing a very good job, he watched as she did the splits on the ground, leaning forward and touching her head to her knee he let the shiver take his body before she looked back up at him. He saw then the sweet smile she reserved for him, his breath catching again as he rose form the bench and cleared his throat.

[b]"That is very impressive, you've definitely limbered up more since our time together, and we did some..... interesting things. Remember?"[/b] He said slyly to her, he saw her face blush as the memories surfaced. He walked to her and helped her up, feeling the sudden need show her a little more ten just his ability to change the runes. He rolled his shoulders as stretched for a bit.

[b]"Well, only seems fair I show you a little bit as well."[/b] He saw her cross her arms and watched him with a small smile on her face. He pointed a finger at her before he started.

[b]"No tickling me this time. I mean it!"[/b] She held up her hands in a disarming way as he heard a soft giggle from her. Rolling his shoulders one more time before he bent over, placing his hands on the mat, lifting his legs into the air he held it for a moment, Ali speaking up quickly.

[b]"I saw you doing this when I came in."[/b] He ignored her comment as he held himself for a few moments, lifting one arm from the ground and balancing himself on one hand. He held it for a few seconds as he looked at Ali, seeing her eyes wide before he bent his arm, lowering his body to the ground almost touching the floor with his chin and pushing himself back up. He did this a few times, a grin on his face as he saw Ali's expression before he had to look back down, stopping for a second he switched hands, placing his other hand on the ground before pulling his other up, doing another set of push ups before he set his feet back down gently as he held his hands out in ta da moment. She nodded her head in approval.

[b]"I didn't expect that from you."[/b] He gave her an exaggerated bow before walking back to her, grabbing the water as he took another drink. His thoughts traveling again as his eyes stayed on her and he recalled every move she had shown him, his mind telling him the logic of it all, just two very well acquainted friends that happened to know every inch of each others bodies. He heard a laugh in his head as he felt his heart speak, she still felt the same for him, she was showing off because she still wanted him as much he wanted her. He would never take her against her will, he understood a man probably couldn't with the way she had trained herself, the thought never crossed his mind, only thought was to be gentle with her and just accept her gentle touch when she gave it. He took another drink as he stretched his neck, feeling the distinct noises of the CO2 releasing from his bones.

[b]"I'm glad you found me in here Ali. I was worried about you."[/b] She heard the hidden meaning in his words, how he was talking about their time together in the shadow realm. She nodded at him as she tucked a loose strand behind her ear.

[b]"I was very surprised to see you in here, I'm glad I found you too."[/b] His heart felt like it was about to jump out of his chest. His breath speeding up, he held the bottle out to her, she reached for it and pulled it out of his hand, he grabbed her suddenly and spun her into his arms, her back pressed to him as he held her tight, feeling her squirm now as she tried to get loose.

[b]"You are so going to regret this Marcus!"[/b] He laughed as he started spinning her around again, her feet lifting off the ground as she squealed again as he kept the pace up.

[b]"I hate when you do this!"[/b] She yelled as he kept going, he slowed down then and let her go just long enough to get at her sensitive spots on her ribs. Feeling her twitch at his touch he held out his hands as she pointed a finger at him.

[b]"Don't you dare! I swear I'll get you back."[/b] A wicked smile on his face as he started to inch closer.

[b]"You got me, it's only fair I get you back Alex."[/b] He nipped at her sides again with her hands, a yelp coming out of her lips before he began his assault. She squirmed out of his grasp long enough to pour the entire bottle of water on his head, the water not stopping him as he renewed his attack, chasing her around as she used exercise equipment to block his path. Finally getting her cornered he pinned her against the corner and shook his water drenched head, spraying her, she tried to cover her self as he heard a half laugh half yell. He grinned at her as he saw she was just as wet as he was now, her hair sticking to her skin now as she looked up at him with an annoyed look, the smile on her face ruining any chance of her being serious.

[b]"You always seem to get me cornered or pin me in some way."

"Well, I remember that you always enjoyed getting pinned."[/b] His eyes suddenly widened at his words, knowing that they both understood the hidden meaning in those words, he pulled away as he rubbed his face quickly.

[b]"I'm sorry Ali, I didn't mean for that to come out. Gods, only you can make me say whats on my mind."[/b] He shook his head at himself, feeling slightly embarrassed at himself, his heart beating fast as he felt the impact of those words now. He only hoped this wasn't about to turn into an awkward moment for them.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali giggled lightly, his words making her heart leap, taking a step forward she reached out and took his hand lightly.
"I'm glad that your that way with me. I wouldn't have it any other way."
She traced her finger along the rune on the back of his hand and smiled, he looked down at her and frowned slightly as he saw the look in her eye.
"Ali?"
She closed her eyes, trying to get her pulse and her thoughts under control before she shook her head.
"Why is it so easy with you?"
He blinked slightly as he looked down at her.
"I don't understand what you mean."
"Why is this is easy with you. Just sitting here, playing around and having fun."
"Don't you and Demetri do this kind of thing?"
She shook her head slowly.
"W-we used to...but once he became the Commandant he just sort of stopped. I remember I would come home from the office to find him wrestling with Lily and Tank while Neos slept...but now...he just comes home and...that's it really. We have dinner, bathe Neos, help Lil and Dante with their homework. I do the dishes while he takes a shower and than we go to bed. He wakes up before me, goes to work, I wake up, get a shower-"
She caught his eyes travling and smacked him lightly.
"-go to work and we do our day all over again."
He studied her for a few minutes unsure of what to say when his eyes widened.
"Wait, how long has it been since you two have-"
"A few days...but before that....a month, maybe longer. He's always at the office and when he's not we're on a mission, or we're dealing with something going on in the base or something like that...I mean you saw our home."
He nodded remembering the luxurious their home was.
"I did see it. Aren't you happy with Demetri?"
She nodded slowly, but Marcus could feel a slight dobt roll off of her.
"Alex?"
"I just...I wish that him and I could be more like you and I were. I was so carefree with you, I just don't seem to have the ability to be that way with him."
She sighed and walked past him, knowing he was following her, sitting down on the bench she put her face in her hands and shook her head.
"He shouldn't have married me...he should have gone and found someone more like his mother..."
"Alex, why are you saying that? He loves you."
"But I'm not good enough for him Marcus. I'm not a gold plated woman...I don't know how to act around his parents, mostly his mother. She's so...regal. And his father-"
She growled slightly.
"He just wants to make my life a living hell. And than there's Demetri, he's a wonderful husband, gentle and kind. Loving to both me and the kids, but ever since he moved up to Commandant he's the 'king' of the base and than in his wonderful family you have...me."
"Ali-"
"I'm nothing but a foul mouthed, pushy...I was raised by my older brother who turned out to be a werewolf, and ontop of all that, I'm not even worth being with him."
"What is that supposed to mean?"
She could hear the edge in his voice.
"You've heard the rumors, I don't even have the respect of the base...Why should I even be married to someone like Demetri? I don't deserve him."
Marcus stared at her, her words shocking him, her self esteem couldn't be that low...could it?
"I just...I look in the mirror and wish I knew what he saw...what you see."
She took a deep, shuddering breath, her hands still covering her face.[/color][/font]

[size=2]Marcus felt his heart breaking for her, he had always seen her so strong, even with the connection they had with the runes he had seen her inner most thoughts, her doubts had always been pushed to the back when he dived that deep in. He couldn't understand why she would feel that way, he saw in her everything he had ever wanted from a woman, strength, independent but still warm, someone he was able to relax around. He didn't have to put a wall with her, he didn't have to keep up the pretense of the Mystic, the Warded man, or any of those other names he had been given, he was able to let everything out. Marcus stood before her as he pulled her hands away, cupping her face as he bent down to look her in the eyes.

[b]"Ali, everything you just mentioned about yourself, everything you see as a flaw, a defect, is what drew me to you. I'm sure the same can be said for Demetri."[/b] Ali shook her head as he could start to see tears welling up in her eyes.

[b]"I just want it all to be easier! I want things to be how they were, I wish my relationship with Demetri was like the one we had."[/b] Marcus smiled softly as one hand fell away to hold her hand, his other rubbing his thumb gently on her cheek.

[b]"All relationships can't be the same. I didn't act this way with Masan, I loved her dearly, she was everything to me as you know."[/b] Ali nodded, the tears slowly sliding down her face. Marcus continued.

[b]"But, I was still guarded from her. She couldn't know the things I know, she couldn't feel the things I felt. I never took her to the shadow realm. I never did a lot of things with her that I do with you now. It's always different." [/b]She still wept now, her face showing her distraught mind. He tried to calm her, hearing her speak again.

[b]"i know his family hates me, I just know it. Our attitudes are so different, they'll never accept me."

"Everyone's family is different, you've seen them all except my mother. My family is insane! Most of my life was spent in training, which consisted of being teased, poked, prodded and joked at. I'm only good at the witty banter because of them, humor was what kept us all from falling into a depression. We all knew too much for a healthy human mind. Demetri's family had it differently, they had high society, he was taught to be more proper, he was a marine if I remember right." [/b]Ali nodded to him again, finding herself unable to speak, just listening to the soothing words from Marcus.

[b]"Everyone is different, we all have our flaws, our strengths. For me, I don't see flaws in you, everything you seem to hate and feel pulls you down, in my mind, makes you who you are, and seeing you do it everyday makes me love you that much more."[/b] He had stopped caring what slipped from his lips, when it came to her pain he knew he needed to tell her the truth of what was going on, to pull her from her sadness, her feeling of inadequacy, just as she had done for him. She had pulled those thoughts from his mind, she had brought him back from the brink as only she was able too. He had given up in his mind, feeling that his body was already dead, he simply had to finish the process, make it official. She stopped him, she saved him from an end that would of only hurt her more. He needed to do the same for her, he leaned in and pressed his lips to her forehead for a moment before pulling back, locking his gaze on hers.

[b]"You said to me before that I was an 'amazing' person. You only knew that because of this, because of our connection Alex. Three years ago we found that peace in each other, three years ago I fell in love with a woman who didn't mind throwing orders at me, who put other safety before her own, someone who would jump in front of a bullet for anyone on her team."[/b] She tried to look away, he forced her eyes back to his.

[b]"I still see that woman now, only she has gotten stronger, she has honed her mind and her body, a very fine body if I might say, and has never tried to do anything less then her best."[/b] He heard a soft laugh from her at his comment, her watery eyes had widened as he spoke, hearing everything he was saying was something new for her. He usually kept his words short, kept things tucked in, she had yo pry it from him before, had to reach deep into his mind and heart to get out what she needed. It seemed to just flow naturally from him now, as if it was all of his pent of words he hadn't used coming together to tell her everything finally. She spoke quietly now, her voice slightly hoarse.

[b]"The base still has no respect for me. I've heard the rumors."

"No sure you'll have to worry about those anymore."[/b] Her face showed surprise before she asked.

[b]"What do you mean Marcus?"[/b] He gave a grin, the look in his eyes giving impact to his words.

[b]"I straightened a few attitudes, the rumors should die down for now. If they come back I'll see to it again."[/b] He felt her arms around him now, he held her close then, sitting on the bench next to her, he stayed silent then, letting her nuzzle into him softly as he felt the light sprinkle of her tears. He could only think one thing to himself as he held her, the words still in his head fro the first time he said them three years ago.

[i][b]I love you Ali[[/b][/i][/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[color="#000080"]Ali tightened her hold on him, not willing to leave the comfort of his embrace just yet, feeling a gnaw in the back of her mind that she was sure she would never feel again, a small spark she tought she had buried, but there it was, surfacing and making her shiver slightly. She sighed and leaned away from him slightly, looking up at him, her cheeks flushed and her tears clinging to her eye lashes.
"Thank you Marcus. You always did know what to say."
He chuckled and kissed the top of her head, making the shiver return.
"Like I said, I still have it, don't I?"
She shook her head tucking her head down and unable to stop herself as she placed a gentle kiss on his collar bone, his body going stiff almost instantly.
"Ali..."
She shook her head slightly before looking back up at him, her heart fluttering as he looked down at her, her pulse quickening as he leaned towards her but both jumping as the alarm blared through out the base. Ali frowned and scoffed.
"God dammit, its a good thing I had Sasa come and disconnect the alarm wireing from Neos room...they always used to wake him up."
She stood as the announcement called for Alpha Team, stretching her arms over her head she looked back at Marcus giving him a sweet smile.
"Thanks again Marcus. I feel like I should be giving you more than just a worthless 'thank you' though."
"Don't be ridiculous Ali, seeing you smile is enough for me."
She felt her smile grow and walked over to him swiftly, tipping her upper body forward and pressing her lips to his quickly, pulling away she looked up at him and chuckled.
"Thank you Marcus. And before we go to meet everyone, I have one last confession."
He eyed her carefully as his chest heaved.
"I still love you. I don't think I could ever stop loving you."
She turned and walked to the door opening it and slipping through it, she took off sprinting towards the war room, getting there she took a deep breath and stepped through to see the rest of the team, frowning as she saw Dante, she shook her head.
"I don't think so. Go home, go to bed. You have school tomorrow anyway."
"Dad told me-"
"I don't care. Go home Dante. I'M telling you to go home and go back to bed."
He nodded giving her a small smile.
"Thanks mom."
She nodded patting him on the arm since she couldn't reach his shoulder and watched him go, Demetri coming from the samll office in the room, he looked around clearly upset.
"Where's Tank?"
"I sent him home. After the last mission I won't let him go on another til I think he's ready."
He showed his distaste for what she had done but let it go for now.
"We have a mission, as much as that bothers me considering I was planning a funeral in the morning for Diamond and Razor, it'll have to be pushed back til later tomorrow."
Ali stepped forward.
"What kind of mission?"
"There's a coven that has gotten out of hand. They've began to target humans regularly. We're to go and find thier trap and shut it down."
Ali nodded and looked back as Cloak walked in.
"Cloak will be taking us to the nearest know spot. We leave now."
Ali readied her self with the others, catching the jeans that Demetri tossed to her, slipping them on over her shorts and grabbing a small zip up hoodie from the coat closet.
"Well, lets get this over with."
Cloak nodded and transported them out, they wound up in a small part out side of what looked like New York city, Ali looked around and sighed.
"Okay, so we look for a trap right? Something that attracts the younger crowd since that's what the papers say. Teens and younger adults have been the ones disappearing more than anything."
The team nodded and Ali began to walk slowly through the park, her bare feet slightly cold and she realized she hadn't been able to get a pair of boots on when she left the training room. She sighed as they slowly began to walk through the bright city, Pocket finally asking for a small break, sitting down on the curb she put her chin in her hands and blinked as she felt a viberation coming through her skin and looked across the street, seeing the neon sign she smiled largely.
"I think I may have just found a tip."
Marcus looked down at her, his eyebrow raised.
"Dare I ask?"
She pointed across the street towards the small club where they could hear techno music filtering out the doors.
"Your not serious Ali."
She looked up at him smirking.
"What the matter Marcus, worried that a little dance club is going to blow the cover of you inability to dance?"
He frowned down at her and she chuckled before standing and making her way across the street, as soon as she opened the door she gasped and covered her nose, Jason growling behind her.
"We're in the right place. Smell that?"
The team nodded, each of them able to smell the sweet, sick scent of none other than a room full of vampires.
"Be on gaurd, stay under the radar. Jason, you stay out of here, they'll smell you in a minute."
"Gladly."
She walked deeper into the club, but stayed close to the others before she caught sight of what they were looking for on the dance floor, vampire. Smiling she pulled her hair out from the pony tail she had it in allowing it to fan around her shoulders, unzipping the hoodie she dropped it to the floor and smiled, looking over her shoulder she could see both Marcus and Demetri looking her over with their eyes, the looks making her blush lightly.
"Well, this is a dance club."
She made her way onto the floor in the middle, the stobe lights flashing and the bass of the music thumping throughout the club, the rest of the team watching as Ali swayed to the music, her heair moving with her body as she kept an eye out on the people around her. She felt an arm wrap around her waist, she sweet smell getting stronger as she felt a small nip on the skin of her neck, reaching up she pulled her hair aside giving the man better acsess to her neck and heard him chuckle lightly.
"You smell delectible my dear."
"I bet, but before we do anything, why not sling me around the dance floor?"
He nuzzled her neck as he inhaled her scent, Ali's eyes shifting to the side to see Demetri looking around, but her eyes locked with Marcus', his fists balled into fists as he watched the male vampire hold onto her. [/color][font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]

[size=2]Marcus' mind had been reeling since the moment they had been forced to leave the training room, everything that had told him to keep his distance had washed away with those few moments with Ali again. An opportunity gone when the alarms came on, feeling robbed of something important he was bitter until she had kissed him quickly, that alone had thrown him for a curve, he couldn't focus for a moment as he held on to the sensation as long as possible. What happened next had caused it all to sink deeper yet.

[color=#0000FF]"I still love you. I don't think I could ever stop loving you."[/color] She had taken off after that, leaving him standing there for a few moments, he didn't know what to do as his body didn't want to move. He took off after her then, the few moment head start all she needed to beat him to the war room, he observed Tank leaving the room, walking into the room he listened to the mission before they were all taken by Cloak. Pocket had walked with him, Leuwin talking to Mist who had decided to attend as well, Jeff silent as usual and Sasa keeping her vigilance. Marcus couldn't help but watch Ali now, seeing her body move, he noticed her feet bare and contemplated offering his sandals to her, when he had finally determined he would they had take a break, Pocket requesting it as Ali sat on the bench. The vibrations could be felt by all, Marcus had ignored it since he was never very much interested in that scene, clubs, loud music and crowds of people made him uncomfortable, especially after he had lived alone for so many years. He heard Ali speak then.

[b]"I think I may have just found a tip."[/b] Marcus looked down at her, his eyebrow raised, hoping in his mind that she was not talking about what he was thinking.

[b]"Dare I ask?"[/b] She then pointed across the street towards the small club where they could hear techno music filtering out the doors. He sighed in his mind, feeling the dread of having to go into that place, he could feel the night starting to draw out now.

[b]"Your not serious Ali."[/b] She looked up at him smirking. He felt what was coming to next, suddenly realizing the trap he just walked into with his words.

[b]"What's the matter Marcus, worried that a little dance club is going to blow the cover of you inability to dance?"[/b] He had frowned at her, she rose form the bench then and the group followed, he grinned behind her back as he shook his head. His expression going flat again, keeping his features straight as they prepared to enter the club, the rank smell of sweat catching them all, the wind carrying with it the sickly scent of vampires as well. He hardly heard the exchange between Ali and Jason as he started to move forward, the group catching up as they passed into the club, Ali was getting ahead of them Marcus doing his best to keep up along with Demetri. He realized how out of place he looked right now, he hadn't had time to change like Ali, he only had his robe on him, his tattooed features drew looks from other people. Unable to cover up he could only push forward, keeping track of Ali as best he could, when she had finally stopped he had halted a fair enough distance away, the other filtering into the club scene as best they could, looking for their targets. When he saw Ali pull off her jacket, seeing her creamy skin exposed as it was, the smile on her face as the words escaped her lips made his heart beat so fast he thought he would pass out.

[b]"Well, this is a dance club."[/b] It was all she said to them as she went out into the dance floor, he saw the way she moved, the way she swayed her hips. He was pulled in instantly, unable to focus on anything going on other then her, trying to understand what she was doing, why dance here, or all times. He had his arms crossed as he tried to keep his eyes vigil, being her silent protector, her reasons didn't become clear until he saw someone approach her, he saw how he went for her neck first, nibbling on it without a care, Marcus blood rose, his anger starting to creep in as he understood who this was, a vampire trying to move in Ali. He unfolded his arms, they exchanged words, Ali having pulled her hair aside, Marcus watched as he felt the rage coursing through him. She saw him then, locking eyes with him as she saw the heat in his stance. He felt a presence beside him, the sweet scent following, he unclenched one hand and gripped the handle of a blade, a voice in his ear now.

[b]"Couldn't help but notice you, stranger."[/b] He growled at the woman beside him, his eyes focused forward.

[b]"Care for a dance."[/b] He remained silent as he glanced to his side briefly, before looking forward.

[b]"No, get away from me."[/b] He felt a hand on his shoulder, he jerk it away from the soft hands. Turning his head to look at her, showing her the fire burning in his heart now.

[b]"I said get away from me."[/b] The vampiress took the hint, slinking away from him with a dark look on her face. Marcus brought his gaze back to Ali and the vampire, he had began to dance with her, having pulled her farther away in the span of a few seconds, Marcus began to push through the crowd now. Watching as the vampire whispered to her, pulling her aside he suddenly, out of Marcus sight he pushed harder now, the runes glowing ever so lightly as he used more strength to get through. He saw her briefly, being pulled deeper into the club he followed, he pace as fast as it could be in the mass of people. He came across and area separated by guards, the guards clearly part of the coven, he growled as he saw him pull her that way. Crossing the last stretch he approached the guards, his eyes cold now as they tried t bar his path.

[b]"Whoa there freak, no entry unless you're invited."[/b] The guard looking over Marcus tattooed body, seeing the swords at his side he let out a throaty laugh, his partner did as well.

[b]"Nice toothpicks, do you even know how to use those?"[/b] Marcus ignored their words as he started walking forward again, the guard barring his path with his full body.

[b]"Hey, **** face, I just told you no entry unless invited. And you look like you wouldn't get the time of day fro-"[/b] His words cut off as Marcus lashed out then, his swords sliding back into its sheath as he kicked the form, the head rolling off as the other guard attempted to subdue Marcus. His runes flared to laugh as he smashed them into the guards chest, reaching in an crushing his heart, letting the fire of the rune burn through until their was only ash left. He kept going then, his rage and Ali's words mixing together to give him the drive to tear through anyone who threatened his life, or hers.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

"Luwein can you freeze this whole room except for us?" Demetri said.

"...I'm sorry commandant, I don't have that much control over my power to be selective like that."

"Well, you can still freeze the whole room right? for how long?"

"Considering the mast amount of people here... a few minutes" Luwein said, "But I'm going to have to be above them to cast the time stasis so it affects the whole room."

"Ok...Well get to it Private, I need you to get ahead of this crowd and follow Ali, stay hidden.... do not engage unless necessary " Demetri said, A second later Luwein ran at him then jumped off his shoulders into the air, tucking his legs in and hugging them as he flipped in the air like a cannon ball. When he was high enough he opened up like a star emitting a time stopping wave that covered the room.

Luwein landed lightly on someone head, running on top of the crown until he got to where Marcus was. He patted Marcus until he came upon an empty sheath. Luwein had no weapons expect his staff... which he couldn't bring because it would stand out too much. "Thank you kindly, Sir" Luwein Ran past the oncoming guards who were stuck in the time stasis. He stopped once he saw the shadows of the Vampire and Ali. Time should start up any second now, Luwein stuck to the shadows, and waited. Edited by Takuuya

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali allowed her self to be hauled to the back room, waiting for the moment she wanted to strike out and kill him when she suddenly heard something outside the door, the screams of the two burly vampires they had passed a few seconds ago crieing out in agony. The vampire holding onto her glared back at the door before pulling her roughly further towards the back, she winced as she felt his claw like nails dig into her arm and break the skin of her arm.
"Hey, your being a little rough friend."
He gave her a growl and she planted her feet when she heard the commotion behind her all of a sudden go silent, the music, the voices...there was nothing.
[i]What the hell is going on out there?[/i]
She listened more intently but still nothing, she felt a slight panice well up into her chest, had the others been discovered? She began to pull away from the vampire.
"Let me go, lemme go!"
He whipped her around and back handed her hard across the face, his nails scratching her cheek and the force of the blow bruiseing her cheek, she let out a growl and brought her left leg upward, doing a vertical split she brought her leg down on top of the vampires head with such force she saw his eyes bug for a moment before he crumpled to the floor groaning. Standing tall she smirked down at him for a moment before the dull throb began to spread through her barefoot and she winced, lifting her foot off the floor and rubbing it on the back of her leg.
"Damn...I have got to stop doing that." She put her foot back on the floor and hopped up and down a few times getting the feeling back into her leg when all of a sudden she heard the music begin outside once again, confused she began to head for the door when an anger filled roar erupted behind the door before it died off.
"What the hell?!"
Ali threw open the door and took the steps two at a time before she reached the bottom seeing Marcus' panice filled eyes as he searched around the area looking for something.
"Marcus!"
His head snapped up towards her and she saw the reliefe flow through his eyes but he didn't do anything other than that, his panice taking over. She landed on the floor where Marcus was searching, she tried to get a hold of his shoulders to stop him and ask him what was wrong, but every time she did he would evade her until she finally grabbed a hold of his wirst.
"Marcus!"
He looked back over at her, his eyes straining to hear her next words but hearing them none the less, his eyes going wide.
"Love please. Tell me what's wrong."
He blinked at her before he spoke.
"Blues' sword...it's gone."
Ali looked at his waist and noticed that indeed one of the man's swords were gone.
"We'll find it, alright?"
He nodded slowly and she pulled him but his wrist towards the office that held the unconsious vampire, sending out a mental image and message to her husband, showing him where they were and that it was the target they needed.
"I think the head of this club, that vampire I was with is the master mind behind this club trap. I knocked him out up here but than when I heard the music stop I got worried."
He nodded and slammed into her as she stopped suddenly, he looked over her shoulder and she felt his body stiffen, his hands on her hips from where he had just slammed into her squeezing tightly. She found her voice before Marcus, speaking gently to the young man infront of them.
"Luwien... Can you please give me that sword?"
"All I have is my staff. I need asistance."
"That's fine. You can ask Pocket for a sword. That's Marcus', and it's very speacial to him."
Luwien looked at the sword in his hand and than to Marcus before nodding and tossing it to her, she caught it expertly but frowned at the boy, Marcus' growling behind her.
"Luwien, did you not just hear me say that this is speacial to Marcus?! A friend of his that passed away three years ago left these swords to him and I expect everyone on this team to treat them with the respect they would have shown Colonel Blues."
Luwien blinked before he bowed his head slightly.
"Forgive me. I didn't know."
She nodded before putting a hand on a shouldner.
"It's alright, we all make mistakes, just don't expect Marcus to talk to you for a bit. He's alot angier than you think."
"Than why does he remain silent?"
"Because I took care of it. Now come on. We have a job to do."
He gave her a small smile and nodded, she walked over to Marcus and put her hand on his shoulder.
"Hey Warded Man, you alright?"
He glanced sideways at her, holding the sword gently about to say something when his eyes took in the scratches on her face and the bruise that had blossomed across her skin.
"How did that happen Ali?"
"It's nothing."
She played the event over in her head, her new level of power still not stable completely she projected it to him with out even meaning to, he growled and shoved past her, cursing she went after him trying to calm him down before he killed their only lead to the situation. [/color][/font]

[size=2]The marks on her face had been the final straw for Marcus, seeing that vampire nibble on her and hold her like that had started a fire in him, he had been on the war path, then the unthinkable happened to him. He had felt his weight become unbalanced then, as if he was missing something and saw then what was missing, one of his blades gone and his mind had instantly fled into a panic then. He hadn't been separated from those blades, like this, the entire time he had carried them, the day he left the Northern Base of the HDF they had stayed with him and he had guarded them almost jealously. With one gone, he felt incomplete, he felt broken and unable to control the panic and rage. Ali had come across him at that point, he would of normally felt pathetic, on his hands and knees looking for something that should have been obvious, but right now he couldn't think past that point. He had sen Ali, feeling better about her being safe but he still couldn't stop searching, he needed to find it, the compulsion driving deep into his mind now. He had shouldered her aside as he kept looking, her words falling on deaf ears until she finally snatched his wrist, her words finally breaking through.

[b]"Love please. Tell me what's wrong."[/b] Thee words crashed into the wall of panic and fear in his mind, bringing him back from his lost world. He let his breathing even out as he spoke, his words coming off softly.

[b]"Blues' sword... it's gone." [/b]She comforted him there, bringing him back to his feet as he calmed down now, the panic still gnawing at him but it was controllable now.

[b]"We'll find it alright?"[/b] He nodded then, follwoing her into the room the vampire had taken her, his breathing trying to remain even as she spoke to him.

[b]"I think the head of this club, that vampire I was with is the master mind behind this club trap. I knocked him out up here but than when I heard the music stop I got worried."[/b] He nodded and slammed into her as she stopped suddenly, he was looking over her shoulder now, seeing the distinct runes on a blade Luwien was holding. His body tensing up as he felt the panic replaced with anger, his hands squeezing on Ali's hips as he tried to control himself. She spoke before he could even move, no words had come to mind except to walk forward and snatched the weapon from his hands, other thoughts crossed his mind. He missed the exchange between the two of them, only feeling the whisper of Ali's words in his mind, soothing him as loosened his grip.

[color=#0000FF][i]It's ok Marcus, he didn't know.[/i][/color] The thoughts keeping him calm, until he watched in almost horror as Luwien tossed the blade to them. Marcus knew that the sword was protected, the blade's would be able to handle a fall without a problem, it was the lack of respect for it that almost made him rip past Ali and smash into Luwien. Ali had caught it then, handing it to Marcus as she approached him, he held the blade in his hand for a few moments, feeling whole again, Ali exchanged words with Luwien again, Marcus ignore the words. Ali returning to him now, seeing if he was ok. He was about to answer when he saw the marks on her face. His words falling away as he saw the damage.

[b]"How did this happen Ali?"[/b]

[b]It's nothing."[/b] She responded quick enough that Marcus almost let it go, until he suddenly saw what happened play through his mind, Ali being struck across the face by the vampire, the force causing her head to snap painfully to one side. His mind returning to normal, his body registering what he had planned to do, he pushed past her now, Luwien was an after thought now, the blade in his hand would find another body to bite into. He moved into the room now, hearing a groan coming from a figured on the ground and he moved slightly. He moved then, his steps taking him until he was standing over the vampire now, the fire in his eyes mixing with his hard expression would have made someone freeze up. He reached down with his free hand, picking up the vampire as he dragged him and slammed him into a bookcase in the office. The vampire grunting as lay amongst the derbies, Marcus not relenting as he dragged the vampire out by his leg, the creature more conscious now struggled to get out of his grasp. Marcus swinging him across the ground to smash into a corner of the office desk, the vampire roaring out in pain as he thrashed. He pressed his sword to the vampires throat now.

[b]"Stop squirming."[/b] He said plainly, the vampire feeling the blade on his throat his movement stopped, Marcus reaching down and grabbing him by the front of his shirt and lifting him off the ground then smashing him into a wall, he heard the creature cough weakly. Marcus had his sword to his face now, the tip digging into his cheek, the tip resting on the bone now.

[b]"Let's see how your face fairs against metal."[/b] Marcus slowly started to drag the blade across his face, the vampire screaming as the blade cut deep. He pulled it back as he placed it on his throat again.

[b]"Anything you want to say before it ends for you?"[/b] The vampire laughed as he tried to get out of Marcus grip, the nails digging into his skin, the pain hardly anything to him. He saw a smile on his face that Marcus would of liked to tear off.

[b]"I don't, but I think, they do."[/b] Marcus turned his head just enough to see Ali running at him now, Demetri and the others close behind her. He heard them now, all of them telling him to hold back, he heard the hesitation in Demetri's voice. He had seen the marks as well, his heart battling with his duty. Ali had come the closes then, laying a hand on his shoulder, he glanced at it before putting his eyes back on the vampire.

[b]"Marcus, he is our only lead right now. Please calm down."[/b] He felt the fire still burning, but the flames were burning out, he now felt that his breath had become heavy with his anger. He slowed it as he came back to them all, Pocket was beside him now as well, hoping she could help some how. He lowered the blade now, sliding it silently back into place as he lowered the vampire next, his hand still on his throat, squeezing on more time, his eye bulging briefly before letting go. The creature falling to his knees as he gripped his throat, Marcus stepping away as he knew he needed to be far enough from the vampire. He stopped when he stood beside Demetri, speaking to him quietly.

[b]"You've earned the honor to kill him, make sure it's slow."[/b] Demetri just looked at him for a few moments before continuing to his wife and their new captive. Marcus placing his back up against the wall, crossing his arms, letting his mind relax, he caught Luwien in his sight. The memory of his sword in his hand made him unhappy, he couldn't blame him though, he didn't know. Marcus did his best to stay under control then, letting the anger, frustration and rage seep out of his muscles, the tension loosened now, he felt better, and at the same time horrible. His face stayed straight, but his mind and heart coursed with the thoughts of how he had probably just presented himself to everyone, especially Ali. He deemed he would stay quiet for now, only speaking if someone talked to him.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

"I...said I was sorry. What more is required of me?" Luwein said.

Mist had taken him outside the door as the Vampire was being questioned, after hearing what his nephew had done he was quite... vexed with him.

"For someone who is so 'Attuned' to everything around him you lack empathy."

"I believe Miss Alex is the empath right?" Luwein joked, He knew his Uncle was not pleased with him so he tried to make the situation light... with.. [i]'what was it called?... oh yes, Humor'[/i]

"Uncle, I was kidding...." Luwein said after noticing Mist was not the least bit amused.

"Now is not the time... this is serious. Put your self in his shoes Luwein, The swords means a great deal to him."

"...I don't understand...His comrade is dead, why is he still holding on to him, Emotions like those are so... crippling" Luwein said, he knew very little about the Warded Man but he knew what he had heard and well 'seen' since the last battle with team Alpha. Marcus' power seemed to be somewhat tied to his emotions such as Luwein's ...but why would he allow himself to be effected so much by them, as a matter of fact... everyone around him seemed to be the same way.

Mist shook his head sadly, realizing what Luwein just said, the boy does not allow himself to ...feel certain things like anger, and lost and even sadness completely. Mist should have noticed this earlier by the way he talked about his own mother.

"You will never be a complete soldier unless you allow yourself to feel.... nether will you be a decent human" Mist said sternly.

Luwein stiffened at this comment. "I did not ask to come here, you dragged me into all this... I was.... happy where I was, I can not operate in your world and customs and FEELINGS!" He spat the word angrily.

"Just as you are mad and hurt right now, Marcus was a thousand times more upset." Mist said, after getting a rise out of Luwein to try and make him understand.
"What if someone had taken the black hawks feather your mother gave to you.... how would you feel?"

"...Nothing, I would feel nothing." Luwein said and ripped the said heirloom from his hair. "I see what you're trying to do, But I'm sorry uncle I never knew my mother enough to love her where as Colonel Marcus knew and loved his friend. I'm Sorry if the way I deal with my....feelings displeases you" Luwein dropped the feather on the floor.

"I'm sorry that I'll never be human enough to be apart of your family." Luwein walked off to the outside of the club. He was so frustrated, how many times should he have apologized to please everyone, and get this sickening feeling out his heart....[i]'Guilt... this is that feeling?' [/i]

Were emotions really that important? All Luwein knew was duty.... and restraint and the laws of nature. [i]'Am I the one truly lacking?...'[/i] Luwein thought sliding down the wall to sit with his knees tucked in. Edited by Takuuya

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali glanced back at the team as they all filed in one by one, looking back at the vampire by her feet she grabbed his collar and pulled him forward.
"Are you behind all this?"
"Wouldn't you like to know?"
She curled her fingers into her palm making a tight fist before slamming it forward and into the man's nose, the team cringing as they heard the crack of bones and watched as he coughed through his blood.
"You can hit me all you want woman, there's nothing you can do to make me talk."
She leaned back some, and pulled him forward slamming his face into her knee.
"Talk you piece of trash!"
He laughed more, his fangs glaring through the blood of his now busted lip.
"No matter how many times you hit me, you'll never get the answers from me, your nothing but a worthless woman, a disgusting human!"
She growled low in her throat and pulled him to his feet, slamming him back against the wall making him cough.
"I will get answers from you, one way or another."
He glared down at her, the blood on his face making him look somewhat menacing, he took a deep breath and sucked some of the blood from hid lip to the back of his tongue before spitting it down at her, the mess hitting her on the cheek.
"What answers? You'll get nothing from me. You who reek of inferiority, a pitaful, human whore."
Ali felt her temper rise beyond any thing she had ever felt, something driving her almost to the brink of combustion as she roared and threw the man out the small office window, hearing him crash to the dance floor below and the people scream and rush out into the streets. Ali fell to one knee and held up her hand as the others tried to help her.
"I'm fine, Demetri, you take Pocket and see if you two can get anything other than insults from the garbage, Jeff, Sasa you two go to the basement and see what you can find. Gene, take Luwien and head to the roof and see if there is anything there."
Thet all noded and went sepearate ways, Marcus staying with her as she hung her head and tried to riegn in her emotions but failing to do so til she felt Marcus' warm hand on her shoulder, looking up as he knelt down face to face with her.
"I'm sorry, it was me. Seeing him laugh at you like that, the names he called you...spitting in your face was the last straw for me."
He put his hand on her cheek and rubbed the blood and spit from her cheek, only to see the scratches he had made earlier, his thumb tracing them, the feeling of it making her shiver and she tried to foucs on a particulalrly boring spot on his neck til she realized that the spot she wa staring at was the one she used to kiss to get a most interesting sound from him, so, she closed her eyes instead. Taking a deep breath she wrapped her arms around his waist and put her forehead aginst his colloar bone, keeping her eyes shut.
"Thank you, for staying up here with me and helping me cool off."
He nodded and she could feel the tension in his body but didn't feel like pulling away just yet, she just wanted comfort at the moment and he was doing just that. She pulled him in tighter and sighed as he fianlly wrapped his arms around her shoulders.
"Of course Ali. I'll always be here when you need me."
She nodded and suddenly jumped as the window next to the one she had thrown the vampire out of shattered inwardly to show him sitting on the ledge smiling with fanged teeth, Marcus and Ali could see the wind burns on his skin as they healed slowly. Ali pulled away from Marcus and squared her shoulders.
"Where are the ones I sent down to deal with you?!"
"They are occupided with my brothers and sisters."
Ali paniced as she heard Pocket scream and rushed forwards only to curse as the vampire wrapped his hand around her neck and pulled her tight against his own body.
My my, up close you smell delectable, sweet as oranges."
She closed her eyes and tried to block out what he was saying but was brought back instantly as she felt his tongue swipe along her neck, up until he nibbled on her ear lobe. The motion would have made her melt if done by another, Marcus being the only person to ever find that spot in her neck and she was looking at him now. His hands balled into fists as he shook with rage. The vampire noticed this as well, her grin turning malvolent.
"I see, how angry you are. Is it because of the way I'm touching your female? Or is it because I'm touching the female in manner you wish to, but cannot?"
He cackled as he stared at Marcus, his cold hand running up Ali's bare stomach til he reached her sports bra where he took his nail and sliced the elastic band to the bottom, locking eyes with the mystic he slipped his hand under the cloth. Ali growled and pulled her leg up, throwing back her foot to stomp on the vampires foot when his dress shoe connected with her ankle and her scream echoed through the small office, along with the resound shattering of her ankle. The vampires enhanced strenght smashing through it without difficulty.
"Now now sweet one, stay calm, stay cooperative so your admierer can enjoy the show."
Ali felt tears sting her eyes as her body shut down from the pain radiating from her leg as the man pulled her tighter against him and swiped his tongue along her skin again, his eyes never leaving Marcus'.[/color][/font]

[size=2]Marcus felt his body tensing up, his muscles coiling as he tried to think of a way to help her, the vampire's hands touching her that made his rage spike. He Was having trouble thinking of what he could do, this situation was not something he usually got pulled into. If he had been the target the runes would have saved him, would have repelled this creature, he was short on ideas for what to do when someone he cared about got pulled into a trap and he had to save them. He saw the terror on her face, he felt the horror as he could only imagine what she was thinking as he just stood there.

[b]"You seem so deep in thought, not sure what to do are you?"[/b] Marcus gripped one of his blades, drawing it silently as he stood their, the vampire using his other hands to hold Ali's face as the nail was digging into her soft skin.

[b]"You think you are faster then me human? She'll be dead before you even move."[/b] Marcus knew the truth of that, he was fast, but not nearly as fast as the vampire was as he held her. His hand roaming under her sports bra, the fury growing in his chest as he continued to nibble on her neck. He saw the swelling begin on Ali's ankle, the pain must have been unbearable for her as he gripped the single blade in his hand tightly, the leather creaking. The runes on his body glowing lightly as his rage grew, the sudden glowing giving him an idea. He looked the vampire dead in the eyes.

[b]"You should let her go, if you value whats left of your life."[/b] The vampire laughed out loud, his hand squeezing under her sports bra, Ali yelping as tears started to roll down her face. Those tears we're the last motivation he needed to risk it.

[b]"Don't move Ali."[/b] He simply said before he closed his eyes, the runes on his body starting to glow, the light growing as the vampire laughed at first, his laughter getting weaker as the light grew more and more intense. It grew brighter still as Marcus lifted his head, his eyes still closed as the light seemed to consume the room, the vampire screeching as he pulled his hand away form Ali's face to shield his eyes. Marcus acted then, the glowing runes pushing his body forward, his speed enhanced as he was now upon them, the light blinding both Ali and the vampire, Ali had tried to shut her eyes to it when she felt something pass by her, the distinct sound of something cutting through bone echoed in her mind, the hand under her shirt going slack as she felt it suddenly fall away before she crumpled the the ground, unable to support her weight. She heard a scream as she suddenly noticed the light had faded, opening her eyes she now saw Marcus standing over her, the the vampires hand lay beside her, the vampire suddenly striking out at Marcus, a fist smashing into his face. The force should have broken his neck, the rage of magic surging through his veins and muscle, giving him the added strength he needed, the blow only making his head turn before he looked back. Marcus was sure his cheek was broken, the pain throbbing now, he pushed it aside as he gathered the blood forming in his mouth now, spitting it out into the vampires face.

[b]"That all you got?"[/b] The vampire cradling the severed arm, reaching up and tasting Marcus blood, he tasted the charge to it, its intoxicating flavor making it spike into the vampires mind.

[b]"Your blood, its so..... energizing!"[/b] The vampire trembled lightly as he coiled his body, preparing to pounce as he lunged forward. Marcus reacting with his blade, ramming his blade forward he jammed into the vampires torso, seeing the one hand reaching for him before Marcus roared and wrestled with the vampire before smashing the vampire into the ground, the blade stabbing into the ground, pinning the vampire before Marcus placed his foot on the vampires chest. The hand still reaching out for him, clawing at his leg now, the runes coming to life to singe the nails and fingers of the beast. He felt the light trickle of blood flowing down his leg, the wounds closing quick enough to tempt the vampire. Marcus leaned forward then, his face inches away from the vampires.

[b]"You're mine now." [/b]Marcus drew back before he knelled beside the creature, drawing his fist back he smashed it into the creatures face. He heard a the snap of bone, and a gurgle he was sure was a laugh. His fist coming back again, smashing harder and hard every time as the sound of broken bones echoed now, blood splattered form the wounds, the vampire still gurgling his laughter, his face smashed when Marcus finally rose. His features undistinguished able as it moved it head slowly, trying to say something, Marcus was not interested in his words. H[b]e drew his other sword then, placing the tip next to his head, he looked down at the face as he held the sword steady.

"I told you to let her go."[/b] The gurgle coming out again as he swiftly dragged the blade, the top half of the vampires head rolling away slowly. Marcus sheathed one sword, moving to his other blade he pressed hi foot to the vampires chest and withdrew his blade with a sharp tug. His mind came back then, the coldness seeping away as the rage slipped away, he felt the pain in his face, in his arms and in his leg, he felt the blood in his mouth and spit it out. He knew his teeth would be red for a while, he walked to Ali now, seeing her on the ground broke his heart, he felt eh sadness of not acting sooner, he undid his sash and pulled off his robe, covering her up as he brought her close, tears in her eyes as he tried to calm her.

[b]"Its over now Ali. He's dead."[/b] Marcus didn't regret what he did, he only regretted Ali getting caught in it, and witnessing the coldness of it. How the act was so easy for him, he didn't want to visit that dark place again.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali pulled the robe around her tighter, she felt the tears rolling down her cheeks, the pain in her ankle, she had watched Marcus kill the vampire and found self thinking that it was to good of a death for the bastard. She tucked her head down and buried her face in his chest as the others could be heard finishing up their own fights down stairs. The sounds of the vampires echoing loudly as their creator turned to ash. Ali whimpered as her ankle shifted and clutched onto marcus tightly, her shame burning her cheeks, she bit her bottom lip til she tasted blood. She could still feel the man's hands on her, she could still feel his tongue on her skin and shivered disgustedly. Marcus looking down at her feeling her own self shame.
"Ali?"
She didn't answer him right away, only kept her eyes down refusing to look at him.
"Alex, talk to me, something is wrong, I can feel it."
She still didn't answer him, her shame burning deeper into her, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before speaking through her pain.
"Just go help the others Marcus. I'll be fine."
She gasped as he only held her tighter and shook his head.
"I don't think so, not til you tell me what's going on in that head of yours."
"I'm ashamed of myself...I can't believe I got caught, I can't believe I let that happen to me...I can't believe you had to see me so weak."
"Ali, I don't think your weak, and I have my own shame, I wish you hadn't seen me that way...that dark."
"I didn't mind. I think he deserved worse."
Marcus stiffened and she looked up at him as he glanced down towards her, Ali felt her face heat up, a small itch growing in the back of her mind, it was inturrpted as Ali heard the others coming up the stairs, Marcus shifting and standing with her in his arms. Demetri came in first, seeing his wife in the painful condition she was in rushed over and took her from Marcus, the warmth of Demetri's arms comforting her, but they felt less warm than she had been a few moments before, the Commandant looked over at Mist.
"Get us out of here. We've taken care of everything we need to. She need medical help and we all need to rest before the funeral tomorrow."
Mist nodded and within moments he had the team back at base, Demetri walked through the halls carrieing his wife til he reached the med ward, Patch and a new member, Stitch waiting for them as he strode through the door.
"She has a shattered ankle of that I'm sure. Other injuries there's a laceration on her cheek and bruises."
Patch nodded and shooed Demetri away as he began to show the new med member what to do and how to go about healing Ali as well as anyone else that came in. Marcus was looked over and sent on his way and Ali watching him go gritting teeth as Patch poked and prodded at her foot til she brough the other one across and caught him in the back of the head.
"Really you annyoing brat?! Is that absolutely...nes-ne...nesssasas...what'd you do to me?"
Patch grinned down at her as her eyes began to droop and close on her, the next thing she knew she was sitting in a small area...of shadow.
"God dammit! That bastard drugged me! And why in the seven gods of hell fire am I here AGAIN?!"
The cackle to her right made her growl and turn in the direction of the voice.
"You are here for a reason my dear, one I will not reveal, but it will come on it's own."
She frowned as the disemobied voice filtered away, after sitting there for what felt like hours she heard another voice behind her.
"Ali?"
Turning she saw Marcus walking towards her and felt her heart leap in her chest, her limbs growing warm as a pleasant heat began to coil in her stomach.
"Marcus..."
"What are you doing here?"
"Hell if I know. Patch drugged me cause I wouldn't shut up while he was treating me. Next thing I knew I was here."
"I see, do you want to go back?"
Ali frowned...did she? She looked up at him as he stared back down at her, unable to tell what was going through his mind but caught his eyes travling her body from time to time and looked down realizing she was still in her jeans, cut up sports bra and his robe. She stood up slowly, his eyes on her the whole time causing the heat to rise in her body. Taking a hesitant step forward she reached out and ran a thin index finger down his arm, seeing his skin shiver, hearing his breath catch she closed the distance between them and pressed her lips to his harshly, desperate to feel the passion they had once shared. She had been able to feel it building for the past few weeks and here, in the place, she had nothing to fear from the out side world. Here she could take her time with the Runed Man and allow her heart time to feel both worlds, feel both relationships with no reprocutions, she was able to allow her self to feel everything, and that's what she was aiming for this time. Her blood quickly boiling under her skin as she felt his lips under her's, wrapping her arms around his neck. [/color][/font]

[size=2]Marcus had followed them to the med ward after the mission, his eyes following Demetri and Ali as Patch and a new member appeared to start their healing. Marcus' had been easy, a simple touch on his face as his cheek bone was mended back together. Patch talked to him for a little bit as he noticed the look in Marcus' eye.

[b]"Something wrong Marcus? You know you are all set to go."[/b] Marcus looked to Ali on the bed before he rose from the doctors bench and bowed his head to Patch.

[b]"Thanks for the quick fix, Patch. Take good care of them."[/b] Patch looked at him oddly before giving him and unsure nod. Marcus left then, his body feeling tight from not having proper rest. He walked through the halls slowly, letting his mind wander and travel wherever it wanted, his eyes soon came across Luwien, he was standing alone. His back up against a wall as he seemed to be in a deep thought, Marcus approaching him now as he stood before the young man. He saw him look up at him, as much as a blind person could look at someone, and acknowledge Marcus presence before he spoke.

[b]"Mystic, I didn't expect you to come to me. I was confident you were still, distraught, about earlier." [/b]Marcus recalled clearly, he didn't bother with the emotions of it, he had let his mind fall into a panic. His thoughts hadn't been clear and he let the small things tear at his mind. He crossed his arms as he spoke.

[b]"I know you didn't mean anything by it, you couldn't have known what those swords mean to me."

"I don't understand the attachment in general Colonel."[/b] One of Marcus brows lifted as he looked at the youth carefully. He saw some of himself in him now, the coldness was what really hit him the hardest, especially after Masan. When he had escaped to the Shadow realm to get away form it all.

[b]"I know what it is like to be in your position, if I have any advice form all the actions I've taken, all the places of seen, all the people I've come across in my life, it's this Luwien. Emotions are important, feelings are as much part of you as you're heart is. You'll never get stronger until you learn that lesson for yourself."[/b] Luwien just nodded at him, his expression still blank as he remained silent now. Marcus gave him a slight bow, not caring if he could see it or not, he then turned and resumed his walk. He spoke to Pocket briefly, informing her of their training schedule the next day, they departed and Marcus made it to his room finally, opening the door he set his swords aside as he settled into couch for a little bit. He felt a ache on his cheek now, his joints ached slightly as well, his body was still young, still strong, but his mind was much older then it should have been for someone his age. He settled into his normal position, his eyes closing as he relaxed, his mind breaking off as he opened his eyes to the swirling shadows. He rose, stretching his body out as he began walking, not understanding why, but he felt he should. The time dragged on before he suddenly came upon someone else, the surprise in his voice when he saw her.

[b]"Ali?" [/b]She turned then, he saw a brightness in her eyes he hadn't expected, she stared up at him from where she was sitting, her body healed in this world. He felt warm at seeing her healthy again, his heart beat faster at seeing how excited she seemed to see him, he loved seeing that look in her, and he wanted to see it every day.

[b]"Marcus..."[/b] She simply said to him before he spoke again.

[b]"What are you doing here?"[/b] She shrugged at him with an annoyed look on her face.

[b]"Hell if I know. Patch drugged me because I wouldn't shut while he was treating me. Next thing I knew, I was here."[/b] He nodded to her, the next question on his mind stung a little but he needed to ask anyways.

[b]"I see, do you want to go back?" [/b]He saw then something he wasn't ready for, he saw a doubt in her eyes, his last question seeming to hit her harder then he had expected. He could only stare at her as he waited for her say so. He fond his eyes wandering then, time passing them by as he looked at her form again. The lack of any real clothing causing his desire to burn in him, he had to push it down, knowing she wasn't his for those moments anymore, she was Demetri's. His thoughts scattered as she rose, his robe fitting her but was still open to his viewing, he could only watch her as she took a step forward, he could see her hesitate for just a moment before he suddenly felt her trail a finger down his arm letting out an involuntary shiver. She closed the distance and brought her lips to his, he was unable to think of anything else then, feeling the desperation in her kiss he couldn't do anything but pull her into him then, her arms around his neck as his were around her middle. The passion burning in him now, he couldn't stop himself now, he heard the words in his head, the truth of his situation of how he should stop now. He was ready to pull away, ready to tell her that she should go back to Demetri, that moment never came as he found himself falling deeper into the kiss. His body had ached for this, had wanted this for so long that he felt his care blow away. His reflexes kicked in as he suddenly leaned forward, she leaned back and they fell, expecting to hit the ground they felt a soft landing. Both looking to see a rather familiar bed underneath them now, looking at it for a little bit, they looked back to each other with smiles on their face.

[b]"I remember this bed."[/b] She said in his ear, he let out a small laugh as his skin touched the sheets.

[b]"I forgot how much I liked your satin sheets."[/b] He heard her give a soft laughed before they kissed again, sliding up the bed before reaching the head board, Marcus on top of her as his hands slipped under the robe, slowly pulling it off her shoulders before he tossed it away. Their hands were eager, pulling clothes off from one other almost in synch, their bodies devoid of any clothing in only moments. Marcus hands traveling Ali's figured, feeling familiar scars, he could only smile at the memory, the one of her chest and the one on her back. Kissing them delicately she let out a soft moan, he hair having fallen in a halo around her, he kissed her neck as she held on to him, embracing her as he kissed her neck he felt her nails dig into his back. His body moving with the motion as he heard the moans leave her lips, he was losing himself then, letting it all fade away, letting her take control he accept his place under her as he held her hand, the runes coming to life again, the connection flooding them with the passion that made their time together all that more special. He never wanted it to end.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali moved above him, panting as sweat covered their bodies, his name falling off her lips each time she moved feeling the passion renewed between them, the rune exposing every wave of emotion and she felt that his need for her had never faded just as her's for him hadn't. She moaned as his hands caressed her skin, moved along her body and pulled her down ontop of him and rolling them til he looked down at her, his motions continueing. She arched her back pressing her body against him trying to get as close as she could. He bent down and kissed her neck, the one spot that made her melt and that's what she did, wrapping her arms around him and holding him tightly she gasped.
"I love you..."
He paused only for a moment before he kissed her deeply, his movements becoming stronger as he moved against her, with her, within her making her ride on wave upon wave of joy and pleasure til she felt as if she would burst. The pressure finally realesing from both of them, he gripped the sheets, whispering her name as she kissed every part of him she could reach, gasping words of love to him as they came down from the ecstasy they were riding on. Once her vision cleared and the ringing in her ears lessened she looked up at him, still hovering above her his skin slicked with sweat, his breathing heavy as he looked down at her. His face slowly splitting into a soft smile, one which she returned as she cupped his cheek, gasping slightly as he moved away from her to lay next to her on the bed; she took no time in curling up next to him, her finger instantlt begining to trace the runes along his skin, they both smiled as the familiarity of it all.
"I've missed you."
He looked down at her, the words touching his heart and warming it almost to a blaze as he settled down on the bed, looking up at the swirling darkness above them, his small smile still in place.
"I've missed you too. You have no idea how much."
She nodded and gasped, frowning as he chuckled, the runes on his skin changing in the middle of her tracing.
"You know, I'm gonna have to get used to that."
He looked down at her than, a look of hurt, confusion and shock regsitering behind his gaze, she caught it instantly.
"What? Did I say something wrong?"
"Ali, you know we can't stay here...and you know we can't keep this up, as much as I would love to."
She nodded and looked away from him, she felt the guilt and shame well up inside her as she thought of Demetri.
"I know...I just..I can't help it. It's you."
He sat up slowly, supporting him self on his elbow as he looked over at her.
"What do you mean by that?"
She blushed slightly before looking up at him and running her fingers along the runes covering his face, his eyes closing at the comforting touch.
"I can't control my self around you, we connected in a way that's just on a different level of anything I've ever known and...when I'm with you, when I'm like this with you...I don't have to worry about holding anything back. I can tell you how I feel without saying anything, I can simply think of it, send it to you and you get the entire meaning of what I'm feeling. I can simply be with you."
He nodded as his hand ran along her arm as it had done so many times in the past, her head resting against his chest as she traced the new runes there as well, the feeling and the touches all so known to the both of them they didn't feel as if any time had passed at all.
"I love you Marcus. I never stopped loving you."
He looked down at her, brushing a few strands of hair from her face as his smile creased his features, the one smile that made her shiver and quake for the man who held her.
"I love you too Ali. Only you since the first moment something started between the two of us."
She blushed slightly before raising herself up and kissing him gently, looking at him she pushed him down and kissed him again, he could feel her need quickly, the intesity of it making him moan and wrap his arms around her til they heard a ghostly chuckle from beside the bed. Ali squeaked and turned her body into Marcus as he grabbed the sheet and threw it over her.
"Shadowthrone?!"
Ali growled and held the sheet to her body as the old man came from the shadows, clapping quietly.
"About time young ones, about time. I must say you two put on a wonderful show."
Ali shifted on the bed, trying to hid her self with Marcus' body as he wrapped his arms around her, glaring at the old man just as venomously as she was.
"Grandfather, might I ask the need for this 'visit'?"
"As much as I enjoy a good show, I'm afraid it is time for the two of you to return back to your bodies. From what I can hear, there is a formal assembly of some kind."
Ali groaned and put her face in her hand.
"The HDF ball, I forgot about that. Demetri scheduled it tonight after the funeral of Diamond and Razor as a sort of honor for them. He's right we have to go back soon."
Marcus nodded and held onto her tighter, neither one quite ready to let go yet, Marcus looked up at his grandfather with another glare, the old man held up his hands and vanished with a snickering laugh. Ali looked up at Marcus, her eyes shining brightly with unshed tears.
"Ali, please don't cry..."
"I can't help it, I want to stay here...with you."
Marcus blinked and looked around as her memories of them began to flood the area, one in particular grabbing his attention, he held onto it as long as he could, the very memory he held onto like a life line. The wedding he had shown her, crystal clear and vibrant with color. Ali moaned quietly as Marcus pulled her to him with a deep kiss, pushing her back against the bed as he allowed his hands to roam her body again, feeling her skin flush and heat under his touch, watching her arch her back and whisper his name as he made love to her yet again. Kissing her where ever he could, touching her body softly, making her cry out for him til they hurtled the peak and descended yet again. He watched her as she came down, her hand cupping his face as she stared up at him, her face flushed red and her breathing erratic as was his. She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him down allowing for him to roll to the side, her head resting on his chest before she closed her eyes and simply lay there with him. Content and happy. [/color][/font]

Demitri roamed the halls while Ali spent time resting in the Med Ward,l going to his office to hears gasps and whispers of worried from his workers gave the man shivers, but he reassured them all he was in good condition to work. Going to his office, the giant was bombarded with paperwork for the funeral and the upcoming ball designs for the new year, it was a little much, but thanks to Circuit's expert organizational skills and detailed work, the giant was able to process and sign all the necessary work papers needed. The funeral was going to be short, unfortunately every had the ball that night, but Demitri was going to make sure that their fallen allies will be remembered as all the past ones have before them. Demitri stopped signing papers for a moment to stretch his arms in the air, still sore from their last mission, the giant grunted a little as his bones released the pressure around his joints with a series of pops. The phone on the solders desk rang a couple of times, surprising the man as he looked down, he hadn't even realized it was ringing in the first place, taking his hand the man grunted as he picked up the line, trying to clear his voice as he spoke.

"This is Commandant Athens"

"Good afternoon son!!!" Demitri groaned at the voice, hitting his head on the desk over and over again, wishing his father was the only person who wouldn't call him on a regular basis.

"Hey dad, hows the Counsel?" Demitri sighed as he reclined in his chair, taking the time he had to relax before getting everything set up for the funeral later that afternoon and the ball that evening.

"Oh I'm just great, we watched Neos and Lily while you two were out on your mission, spoiled those two rotten with new clothes, toys, you name it" Shield laughed through his phone, sitting in his own living room while Madam Touch looked over some paperwork she had in her hands, sipping on hot tea from a fancy looking tea cup. Smiling as her husband joked around with their son.

"Dad, you can't spoil them all the time, I don't want my kids to turn out rotten and misbehave."

"Well, look at you my boy, spoiled rotten but you never acted like that. Always hating that things were handed to you and so on and so forth. Yet you turned out to be a pretty decent kid after all, haha" Demitri sighed as he stood from his chair and looked out of his office window, seeing the soldiers down on the ground go about their day and carrying out their duties before the events start tonight. The commandant looked over at the clock, noticing the time, he knew he would have to hurry with his paperwork before attending the funeral service. His dad spoke again, catching the mans attention. "Anyways, I have something I need to show you son, and I must say, it's rather juicy if you know what I mean" Demitri raised and eyebrow at the comment.

"Actually, no, I don't know what you mean..." He could hear his father laugh on the other end of the phone before he spoke again, Shield giving him the confirmation number of their private line, Demitri's eyes shot open when he heard the number, it was something important if his father needed to speak privately, that was for sure. Demitri only nodded before hanging up the phone and continuing his work, another hour passed and the Commandant was preparing the leave for the funeral. Heading to his own living quarters to change into his dress uniform for such occasion, the giant was surprise to walk in and see his wife on her knees, helping Lily with her dress. Ali looked over with a smile at her husband, Lily did the same. "Ali...you're alright!" The man smiled as he made his way towards his family members, extending his hand down to his wife, she took it and stood, her own lovely form fitting dress unwrinkling as she stood tall, Demitri marveled at her beauty. Only a couple hours in the Med Ward, yet she looked refreshed and alive again before they went on their mission with the vampires. Demitri wrapped his arm around her waist, bringing Ali in close to his chest, the giant leaned down and sniffed her hair, the scent always driving him wild with excitement and he leaned more and kissed her on her supple lips. Ali smiled as they kissed before pulling away, resting her hand on his broad chest as she looked into his hazel eyes, never changing like the first day they had met.

"Demitri, we have to be leaving soon, I have your uniform pressed and ready on the bed. Go on and change love, a funeral is something we shouldn't be late for" Ali patted her husband on his butt to initiate his needed reminder of their time constraint, Demitri kissed Ali on her forehead before going to his room and changing. It took only but moments, but the Commandant was ready in his own uniform before the family headed out to the grounds outside of the base office sector and too the gardens, the land has grown thanks to the new renovations they received when the base was rebuilt and expanded a couple of years back, Lily spent more of her free time in the gardens adding to the scenery with her own flowers and carnations. Commandant Shield before Demitri thought it would be a respectful place to put those who have fallen in the line of duty, and Demitri hasn't changed the location ever since it was acted on. The family made their way past several soldiers and commanders, Demitri made his rounds comforting the team mates of the fallen captains, Ali did the same with their next of kind, mothers and blood line family members, thanking Ali for her hospitality and kind words. The procession began shortly afterwards, everyone took their place as members of Fox Squad carried the coffins of their former captains down the stairs and to the center of the gardens, a lovely spot right next to a single other who's name was shadowed as the vines grew over them. The commandant gave his speech to his fellow soldiers, tears were shed and hearts melted, but they all came together as a family to mourn the loss of their friends, family, and team. Demitri had indeed made a mark when he took the role as Commandant, unlike his father, he was more social, and wherever the Commandant went, others followed to build moral. The service finally ended, the caskets finally lowered to the earth as well as the dirt that covered their remains, Lily was chosen to cover the grounds with carnations and plant life, the girl did so as everyone clapped when she had finished. Soldiers started to leave one by one, then in groups to prepare for the evenings ball. Demitri sipped on a cup of coffee as he looked at the two graves of his friends, it still bothered the giant, the dark skinned man who took all of them with ease, the giant could feel another shorter person next to him, but he knew all too well who it was.

"Something the matter Commandant?"

"Seems unfair...but for a lack of words I could have used, I used unfair" Demitri replied to the mystic, his own ceremonial outfit was perfect for the occasion, Demitri gave a mental chuckle though when he noticed Marcus' flip flops. "You know, barefoot would have also been acceptable for this occasion" Demitri playfully snorted, Marcus only giving the slightest of smiles at the gesture. The mystic looked at the tombstone that was covered in vines and leaves, knowing well who was underneath the grounds that the two men stood on. Demitri took notice before he spoke again. "He too, didn't deserve what happened, and we both know that..." Demitri swirled his coffee slightly before taking another sip.

"No, he didn't. i still can never understand why he did what he did, but it helped saved us all in the end. You, Ali, Me, our team, and everyone from Sybille's mad plot...and our son...." Marcus caught himself, both men grunted at the comment Demitri looked away at the graves slightly, Marcus doing the same as he turned to see Ali talking with a couple of soldiers. Demitri turned his head and caught the glaze Ali returned, smiling as she waved at the two men, but something was different about the smile she gave Marcus, the giant was a bit thrown off by it all together.

"It still going to be a little rough getting use to all of this...I'm sure if our roles were switched you would understand more. I cannot deny that he is partly your son, but...but its still....weird, ya know?" Marcus didn't answer, but he thought in his head, Demitri reached into his pocket when he felt his phone vibrate, looking down at the number, it was the confirmation number his father had mentioned earlier to him in his office, Demitri knew he had to leave. Walking past the mystic, he said a quick goodbye before walking out of the gardens, stopping at his wife's side as he gave her a quick kiss on the lips before heading out. "I'll see you at the ball tonight" Ali nodded and waved her husband as he vanished from sight, Demitri took his key card and swiped it down, entering a restricted door in his office. The dark stair and dim lighting spirald downwards until the man reached a solid level, seeing his father at the end of a passageway. Striding forward, the two giants finally met up together, Shield smiling as he looked at a monitor on the screen paused at a point, it was in the training room, seeing Ali on top of Demitri as the image stayed still, the giant blushed as his father grew a wicked smiled.

"My my Demitri, such a naughty was of asserting your role" His father snickered, getting a light punch on his arm from his son, Demitri blushed cherry red.

"Dad, I thought this was going to be something important....and we didn't do anything then" Demitri felt heated, until the video played more and more, then it came to a point where Ali was training by herself, until someone show onto the cameras. It was Marcus, the giant was shocked for a moment,m hearing their conversation and seeing their sparing match, but something was off about all of it. The conversation about their sex life, the way she felt Demitri changed during the years, the shame she felt from being with the company, everything was exposed to a man Demitri didn't even know besides of being a team member, and yet his wife told him everything. That's when the words echoed on the screen: "[color="#0000FF"][i][b]I still love you. I dont think I can ever stop loving you[/b][/i][/color]". Those words sunk into the giant, he felt his world shift around him, he was breathless as he tried to yell, scream, cry, anything to voice his feelings, but he remained silent as she finally left the training room. Shield lowered his head for a moment, frowning in sadness as he looked over to his son, still looking at the screen, shocked.

"I'm sorry my boy, to be honest, your other and I don't actually hate her. Sure she's a bit moody and bossy, but hey, at least someone has the balls to be around higher ranking officials." His father began to brush his bread as he looked at the screen. "I'm sure we've made some comments in the past about her upbringing and how we raised you to be proper, maybe we went a little overboard on some subject and..." The computer monitor suddenly exploded, the wind blast shot through with grat force, the wind actually tunneling into the wall until it lost power, Demitri stood, huffing as his muscled flexed, fighting against his own suit. The giant's watery eyes filled with anger and hurt as he began to exit the chamber of the High Counsel, before vanishing from sigh, the giant turned and spoke to his father.

"Have momma, take Neos tonight, I want him to be around family...MY family for a night. My blood, my DNA, MINE!!!" Demitri roared as he turned and continued his walk, his father nodded as he sighed, he was only trying to protect his son and make sure he could trust the woman he loved. Shield had to go through something similar with his wife, but she chose him in the end. Hours later, Madam touch was sitting on the couch, holding Neos in her hand as she ignored the television playing 'Wheel of Fortune' and concentrated her thoughts on the paperwork in her hand. The detailed sketch of the dark skinned man gave the woman shivers as she rocked Neos in her free arm, the boy sleeping with his fox, back in plushy form as he held on tight. Madam touch set the sketching down on the table as she saw her husband in his uniform, fixing his tie before seeing his wife.

"Are you not coming T?" Touch shook her head, she was dressed for the occasion, her lovely silk dress and hair were fixed for the night already, but she suddenly got a case of cold feet.

"No darling, I wont be joining tonight, but I will be sleeping with a certain someone when they return" She smiled and giggled, Shield raised and eyebrow as he smiled.

"Who, the kid?" He laughed before feeling a playful slap on his shoulder. "I'll send my wishes to everyone, be safe my dear" With that, Shield had left, touch went back on the couch with Neos, paying attention to the television now. Demitri roamed the halls, already dressed in his tuxedo as he made his way towards the ballroom, opening the grand doors, he could already see the party had started, dancers on the floor and soldiers alike talking amongst themselves and enjoying the little free time they had. Demitri loved the ball events, it was a way for lower and higher ranking soldiers and officials to come as one and mingle without the worries of rank or placement. The giant roamed around, looking for his intended date for the evening. He could already see Marcus and Jason talking amongst themselves, but Ali was nowhere to be seen. There was a small tap on the back on the giants shoulder, the man turned and looked down, seeing his date.

"Well, this is a surprise Demitri, who would have thought you would invite me to a place like this....but, exactly, what is this place?" The young woman looked around, marveled at the scenery, the lavish decorations and the feeling of home. the woman wore a strapless dress of baby blue to match Demitri's tie, her dirty blond hair traveled down to her shoulder blades, and her makeup flawless, like usual as Demitri always remembered.

"I've told you Rachel, this is the base I work at. Mostly government and military work, the usual" The woman smiled as she laced her arms around Demitri's left arm, holding close and standing tight to the man.

"Wow, a lot has changed since high school, so, where's your wife you've told me so much about?" Demitri gave a wicked smile as he escorted the two to the dance floor where they began the waltz that was playing. "Oh, she'll be here soon enough, it should have been sooner she met you Rachel, I mean we did see each other since middle school, its such a shame our lives went different ways with the jobs we had." Demitri lied, he knew they could never be together due to Demitri's real work, and Rachel being a foreign diplomat.

"I can't wait" Rachel smiled as the two danced more.

([color="#000080"][b][i]Nor can I....[/i][/b][b][i]so you feel out of place in my world that you have to run to another? Even though I told you none of that matters to me? Well...let's see how you react now....Alex Talon...[/i][/b][/color]) Demitri thought as he continued his evening dancing, his left eye turning white in small flashes, hardly aware to those around him unless they stared for a good while. The giant could see Tank and Gene in the distance admiring the Commandant's moves with the woman he was dancing wit, Shield came from behind the two, surprising them as they turned and saluted to the man, Shield waved it off and laughed.

"This is a ball my boys, relax" Tank smiled at his grandfather before looking back at his father dancing with that woman, they were stealing the show as everyone looked at the two.

"Who is that woman he's dancing with? Usually it's Ali" Gene commented, Tank nodded, but Shield felt a sickening urge course through his body, he had recognize that woman when Demitri was growing up.

([color="#FF8C00"][i][b]My boy...I hope you know the game you're playing. And I hope you realize that this game has no winners in the end...[/b][/i][/color]) Shield shook his head in disappointment as he looked on with the others. Edited by Mage17

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali walked down the hall, her heels clicking under the black and red dress she wore, it was form fitting and billowed out at the bottom, her brown hair done up in a elegant bun that Lily had finished off with a hibiscus flower, the look altogether pleasing to her. She felt her chest heave as she drew closer to the ball room, she always had mixed feeling about these things and she had even thought of skipping it, but Demetri needed her by his side, and by his side she would be. Taking a deep breath she opened the large grand doors and took in the look of the ball room, Demetri had done well. It was dimly lit with glowing candle chandaliers and the lamps turned down low, the foutain in the middle of the room giving it a fair tale look that took her breath away. Standing on her tip toes she scanned the room for her husband knowing with his size it was hard to miss him usually, the crowd of people in the middle making it difficult. Sighing she stepped into the room and looked around, jumping as Jason wrapped his arm over her shoulder.
"Ali! Good to see you, let's go over here and get a glass of wine."
She frowned, she could hear the tension in his voice and more than that she could tell he was trying to distract her.
"Jason, I don't want any wine, I would like to find my husband so that I can dance with him. It's been a little while since him and I have had time together and I don't want to waste it drinking wine."
"Oh c'mon Ali, he'll be along! Why not just one drink with your brother? It can't hurt right, a dance can always wait, right?"
She planted her feet and stood her ground, hands on her hips as she looked up at him, his face dark with the incoming facial hair, his hair slicked back giving him a dark handsome look.
"Alright, spill. What does Demetri have planned for me tonight?"
"W-what? I don't have anything to spill Ali."
"Your trying to distract me, what's he got up his sleeve? He taking me to the balcony again? He knows that my favorite spot."
Jason felt his heart twist at his sister's excitment.
"Ali, just, please. Come have a drink of wine with me."
She felt her heart leap at the change in his tone, it was defeated, and...hurt.
"Jason, what's going on? First you try to distract me...now it sounds like your begging me."
He shifted his eyes away from her towards the dance floor and back, so quickly she almost missed it...almost. Looking over her shoulder she frowned and began to make her way through the crowd, her brother close behind her trying to convice her to turn around.
"Ali wait! Ali!"
Pushing past the crowd she gasped as she saw Demetri in the middle of the dance floor, his arms wrapped around a woman around her own age, sandy colored hair, but what struck her the most was the fact that she was dressed to match her husband...her dress matching his tie. She blinked several times trying to make sure it wasn't an illusion but every time she blinked there they were, dancing together as if nothing was wrong. Ali felt her chest begin to heave as her breathing grew rapid, she felt her palms begin to sweat and her throat tigten up as she realized that this was the opening dance for the entire ball, and he was dancing with someone other than her, someone he had obviously planned on behing here. Clentching her hands into fists she felt the shame and embaressment flow through her now, she had remembered pulling out his tie that would have matched her dress and setting it with his tux...he had changed it. Turning away she pushed through the crowd again and towards the small bar on the end, seeing Jason already there holding out a glass of wine to her, she shook her head and shouldered past him.
"Shot of whiskey."
"That's a strong drink for such a lovely lady."
She glared at the man behind the counter causing him to jump and give her the drink, which she downed quickly before asking for another.
"Whoa whoa, Ali...you sure you want to do this? Here? You know how you get when you drink."
"I don't give two balls Jason, you saw didn't you? The opening dance? He was supposed to be doing that with me. Not only that he planned this, I had his tie that matched MY dress set out for him..."
Jason blinked a few times before looking back at the two dancing togther as the song ended, Demetri smiling down at the woman as the linked her arm with his returning the smile.
"Ali, what can I do?"
"Nothing, just leave me alone."
He bit his lower lip before catching a familiar scent, looking around he saw Marcus and made a stright line for the mystic, reaching him he grabbed his arm and pulled him away from Pocket who frowned.
"Jason you could have just asked-"
"Listen, something is up with Demetri and Ali...she needs you."
"I'm sure she's just fine Jason, she's a strong woman-"
"Would you ass holes stop saying that! Demetri said it about the god damn rumors that were flying around saying that she's a strong willed woman and all that other nonsense, what you two don't know about my sister...she's not that strong willed."
Marcus frowned as he looked at the wolf man.
"I believe she's stronger than you think Jason."
"And I know my sister best. Demetri invited another woman to ball, they dressed to match, not only that...he opened the ball dance with her. How would you feel about something like that?"
Marcus' frown deepened as he looked through the crowd.
"I just assumed it was Alex."
"No! That's what I'm trying to tell you, it's not her. She's at the bar with every intention of getting hammered! And trust me on this one, not a good idea! It's not pretty."
Marcus nodded and allowed Jason to lead him to Ali, she was indeed sitting at the bar, a total of 10 shot glasses piled infront of her as she asked for another, Marcus reached past her and put his hand on the small glass before she picked it up.
"Ali, this isn't the way to deal with this."
"And what is? Busting her face? I can do that too."
She made a move to stand when he put his hand on her shoulder.
"No, talking to him is the best way. Finding out why he did this is the answer."
Ali scoffed and moved his hand downing the drink before slamming the glass on the table again, another presence alerting her.
"My dear, are you sure your not hitting the drink a little hard?"
Ali looked over at her father in law and rolled her eyes.
"I bet your just loving this aren't you?"
"As much as I would love to tease you about this, I can not. I'm not enjoying this at all Alex, he's my son and you are my daughter in law. I wish I knew what he was thinking but I can tell you what drove him to this. I showed him the tape of the training room, between you and Mr. Demos here."
Ali's head shot up the whiskey already making her head spin.
"You what?!"
"I had to dear, for his sake. He has to know he can trust you."
"He can trust me! Nothing happened between us!"
"he heard your confession to the Colonel."
"Yeah, I told him that I still love him, I can't stop loving him, Marcus and I shared alot in the past and a link like that can't be broken! But nothing happened, I went home to my husband, I chose Demetri when I married him dammit!"
She took a deep breath before something clicked in her mind, her frown deepening, she stood from the stool and turned, pushing through the crowd til she reached Demetri and his date. Marcus and Sheild not far behind her, she hadn't even taken in Marcus' tux, it matched him well, the dark, smoky grey tux and the metalic gun metal dress shirt went well together.
"Alex, glad you could make it, I want to introduce you to a friend-"
His words died in his throat as she struck him across the face, the woman next to him gasping.
"How dare you...I can't believe you of all people would stoop this low Demetri...Do you have ANY idea how embaressed I am by this, as if my reputaion around this base wasn't bad enough!"
Most of the people had stopped what they were doing to tune into the Commandant and his wife.
"Your unblieveable Alex, you come in here preaching about me when your going behind my back telling Marcus how much you love him?"
"Yes, I love him Demetri! A part of me always will, but I chose you! I come home you every night because I want to be with you! Or at least I did! Now I don't even know who you are anymore! The man I fell in love with, wanted to spend the rest of my life with would never have done something like this, he was better than this."
She saw his eyes widen in shock, she saw Tank out of the corner of her eyes looking worried.
"I-I love you...I always have... and I married you with every intention of growing old with you. I'm happy with you and the kids. Why? Why couldn't you have just talked to me than going this low? Why embaress me further when you know that already I'm so low on the food chain around here that even my secrataries don's show me respect any more...did you know that I've been doing all my own paper work for the last 6 weeks? That they refuse to help me in anyway because everyone around here thinks I'm lower than dirt? And now you go and do this? Rub it in my face and knock me down further...I was looking forward to this night, hoping that maybe we could get that spark back that we lost during working hours and missions and lack of time...I guess I was wrong."
She didn't feel the tears as they streaked down her face, making small translucent trails in her make up, turning on her heel she walked past everyone, the people around her stepping aside to make room for her as she left. As soon as the door shut behind her she reached down, unstrapped her heels, lifted up the skirt of her dress and began to run down the halls. Reaching her and Demetri's room she went to the closet and pulled out her sea bag and began to cram as much of her things as she possible could into it, til it was on the vurge of bursting. She took the dress of hurridly, ripping the sleeves off it in her rush, not caring about the damage as she sobbed openly now. Finally free of the clothing she slipped on a pair of jeans and a tank top, walking out towards the door, her seabag flung over her shoulder she looked around her home one last time before covering her mouth as another sob ripped from her throat. Looking at her hand she bit her bottom lip til she tasted blood, pulling the bands off her finger she brought them to her lips and kissed them sadly before placing them on the table top and walking out the door. she kept her head down as she walked through the halls towards her old room, the Commanders quarters stopping as she heard a whisper from a lower level member.
"I heard she just made a huge scene at the ball, have you heard the things going around about her?"
Dropping her bag she reached out, grabbed the young man but his shirt collar and brought him face to face with her.
"Have you heard the things I can do to a person who pisses me off? It's pretty nasty, one more word about things you know nothing about and I'll have your ass in the bring before you can blink! Got that worm?!"
He nodded as she released him, picking up her seabag she made it the room, swiping her card key she stepped in and dropped the bag as the door slid shut behind her. Leaning against it she felt her knees give out as she slid down the wall til she was sitting on the floor, her face in her hands as she sobbed, her entire world falling apart infront of her.[/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

[size=2]Marcus could only watched the scene play before him, feeling like he was watching something unreal, as if he wasn't in his own body and this wasn't happening in reality. This could of been easily a time when he was in the shadow realm, he knew it wasn't though, everything was far too vivid, he wasn't looking through a giant mirror that showed him the world around him. He watched Ali's world fall apart, he saw the blow she had to absorb, he saw how much pain she really was in. He felt a sharp coldness seep into his stomach, twisting all sort of ways as he stood by helplessly, and as soon as it had began, it ended. Marcus watched her vanish into the crowd, the whispers starting the, the rumors growing yet again as Marcus went and sat down, feeling the shock of it all settle into his mind as he started to rub his face. He felt his body tremble lightly, he knew what that was the beginning of, Jason showed up quickly afterward, sitting beside Marcus and leaning in.

[b]"This is insane! Did he really do that to her?"[/b] Marcus could hear the the growl in Jason's voice, his eyes taking on that specific look that showed the change was imminent. Marcus reached out and placed his hand on Jason's shoulder, doing what he could to keep him calm. Marcus loosened his tie, feeling suddenly pent up in the monkey suit he wore, he only wore it for Ali, thinking to impress her at least a little bit. She hadn't even noticed him, hardly spoke to him except in her drunk stupor, he hardly felt able to move from his place in the chair, until he felt the spark in his chest, he felt sadness welling up in him, he could feel tears coming to his face. He touched his face, feeling the water gently rolling down his face, he didn't understand why this was happening, a rune on his flared to life briefly before he understood. Ali's runes was telling him everything she was feeling, he felt like everything was over then, he also felt a wall start to build, barring off everything from her heart. His own anger growing then, he pulled his tie off then, feeling his skin heat up be pulled off his jacket, rising form his seat he buttoned his shirt, yanking the tails from his belt line and tossing it on the table. Jason could smell the rage coming off of Marcus now, he could see light beads of sweat on his body, Jason rose and spoke quietly, a small smile on his face.

[b]"Why do you need to undress when you are going to kick someones ass?'[/b] Marcus turned his head, feeling the joints pop before he slipped of his sandals then, walking through the crowd in his dress pants now. His rage in his body rising, the heat coming off his body made people look back towards the source, seeing his dark expression they parted slowly, his muscles tensing as he readied to do what should have been done before. Pushing through the crowd, uncaring of peoples reactions he made his way to where Demetri stood with his date, Marcus felt disgusted for mistaking her for Ali, she had nothing that Ali did. When he was within distance, he spoke one simple word.

[b]"Demetri."[/b] The head turning to the source of the voice, a tattooed fist rocketed forward, smashing into the side of his face. He saw his head snap to one side before he saw the fierce look in his eyes. Arms suddenly lunged out and secured both me, Marcus feeling the rage take control, trying to pull away from the mass as Demetri did the same, the woman trying to hold him back as well, Marcus started yelling at him then, trying to move forward.

[b]"You stupid bastard! She loved you! Why would you do this to her?"

"You were trying to steal her from me! You tried to destroy our family!"[/b] Grunts and growls coming form both men, the arms holding them tight enough to stop their progress. Marcus runes had a light glow to them now.

[b]"I didn't try to steal anything, all she wanted to do was prove to you that she was right for you! She would have died for you!"

"And now she would die for you."[/b] Marcus felt frustrated and angry, his inability to speak to Demetri making the situation worse. The suddenly felt a pressure, the weight pushing them both down as the arms released them. They found themselves on their knees, trying to keep the weight from crushing their bodies, the both looked up at the sound of gasps and the footsteps that stopped before them. Shield was standing their now, looking at both with judgement in his eyes.

[b]"That's quite enough boys."[/b] Marcus saw him make a hand gesture towards him, he felt hands on him again, trying to struggle the pressure let off of his body as the two bodyguards lifted him to his feet. He didn't fight now, hie face still dark and his body tense as he breath harshly.

[b]"Take Colonel Demos to the brig for now, let him cool off in a special cell."[/b]The guards acknowledged his commands and took Marcus away, he turned to his own son then, relieving the pressure on him as well, seeing the swollen mark on his face now.

[b]"Go check in with Patch, retire for the night, you need your rest."[/b] The anger and bitterness clear in his eyes as she stormed off, pushing through the crowd. Marcus was dragged for several minutes before they came to a doorway, the guard sliding his key card, the door groaned open before they dragged him through the door, they came to one last door, the door itself was engraved with runes all over the surface. They pushed him inside, the door closing behind him, Marcus could see what the cell consisted of a small table, two chairs and a cot. He let his anger out then, roaring as he pounded on the door and walls, his hands coming in contact with a barrier that seemed to repel everything the did, his magic running loose as his emotions raged out. He eventually settled in the middle of the floor on his knees, finding himself breathing heavy and his body drenched in sweat, he felt tired now and simply sat in the middle of the room until he heard the door open. He turned his head to see Shield standing in door way, he looked away again, staring at the wall now.

[b]"Leave me alone Councilor, let me serve my time in peace."[/b] Shield let out a laugh as he walked into the room, the door closing behind him.

[b]"You won't be serving anytime Marcus, you just needed to let it all out. Your father was the same way."[/b] Marcus let his eyes look to Shield now.

[b]"He warded this room didn't he? It's why I can't break through."[/b] Shield showed his casual smile, winking at Marcus.

[b]"Your father was a bright one Marcus, he knew how he was, and guessed right how you would be."[/b] Marcus let his head turn to watched Shield, the Councilor walked to a chair and pulled it up and sat in front of Marcus. Leaning back as he looked the tattooed man over. Marcus spoke first.

[b]"You're not going to punish me for decking the Commandant? For hitting your son?" [/b]Shield kept his wicked grin on his face.

[b]"It's his call on what to do, I feel you are punishing yourself enough. Like I said, I knew your father very well."[/b] Marcus nodded as he lowered his head now.

[b]"How are the rumors our there?"[/b] Shield just shrugged, mainly for his own emphasis.

[b]"Don't know, rumors aren't my forte."

"I'm sure they are talking about the Marked man trying to steal the Commandants wife."

"That sure was quick to get around, I need to try to keep up."[/b] Marcus looked up at him.

[b]"Don't patronize me Shield."[/b] He held up his hands in a disarming gesture.

[b]"I'm just here to talk. I was asked to keep an eye on you, and after tonight, that's become horrendously obvious."[/b] Marcus started at him for a few moments, trying to grasp his words.

[b]"Who asked you to keep an eye on me?"

"Your mother of course, worried sick about you. After you rushed out of her room to save my daughter in law, she knew you would be close to my family, so she asked me to make sure you didn't get into to much trouble."[/b] Marcus scoffed.

[b]"I'm more then capable of watching out for myself."

"After tonight, seems to need guidance."[/b] Marcus waved him off.

[b]"I'm far older then I look Shield."

"Oh I know, how long did you spend in that shadow realm again? Almost 60 years by their time maybe more? 6 days to the rest of us, but for you, it was different."

"You couldn't know that, no one does."[/b] Shield showed his smile again.

[b]"I have my ways, now, I will leave you here for the time being Colonel Demos. Come out when you are ready, all you have to do is knock."[/b] Marcus remained on the floor, Shield walking away from him and exiting the room. Leaving Marcus to swim in his thoughts, he wasn't sure if he would try to rest in any form tonight, not wanting to ruin the world he had shared with Ali. He just sat on the ground, staring at the ground as he let his thoughts, grabbing anything he could to keep himself settled.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]After what felt like hours, the tears no longer fell, her eyes stung from the amount of salt they had expelled but she stilled her self and took a deep breath. Letting it out she grabbed her trench coat, knives, pistol and gloves and walked out the door. Walking down the hall she stopped two lower ranked members passing her, her voice steely.
"Excuse me, do pass othet Commanders without saluteing?"
"Uh..N-no Ma'am."
"Than I expect you to give me the same respect."
They saluted sharply and she nodded.
"Don't let me see it again."
They nodded again before they scurried away, whispering back and forth from one another, she continued down the hall til she entered the security office, crossing her arms she looked at the monitors for several moments before looking down at the young man in the chair next to her.
"Scan, how is the pararimiter?"
"Good, secure Ma'am."
"Expand it, I want a full detailed report on my desk by 5am sharp. Any later than that you'll have dish duty for the next year."
"Y-yes Ma'am."
She spun around and continued to her office, walking in she picked up the stack of papers on her desk and split them between the desks of her secratarie who looked up at her with a look of disgust, til she slammed her foot down on the coffee table splitting it in half.
"These papers will be done with in the hour! If they are not the lot of you can find new damn jobs! I'm tired of the slacking in this office."
The men and woman nodded and went to work instantly, seeing how violent she was and how strict she had become in just a few hours. Walking back out she continued her path down the halls stopping at Jason's room, she knocked and grabbed him by the collar pulling him into the hall and giving him a pat down before coming up with a pack of cigarettes from his pocket.
"I'll be confiscating these, thank you very much."
Jason growled as she pulled one out and stuck it between her lips.
"You could have just asked for one ya know!"
She flipped him off and he sighed, he had seen her this way before, long before she had met Demetri, before she had fallen in love with that man, she was so closed off that she rarely said anything and when she did it was centered around work or something equally boring. He was surprised when she had told him of her falling in love with Demetri when had returned, how it had happened and how much she had changed. He might not have liked Demetri in the begining, but that was mostly due to being the over protective brother...but after a while, he saw how she would smile around him, watch the giant in everything he did, her eyes lighting up as she did. He would catch her losing her self in his voice as he talked and on their wedding he had never seen his sister so happy before. But now, seeing her like this pained him and he wanted nothing more than to do what Marcus had done to that smug bastard, punch him square in the face.
"He's such an idiot...a heart can love more than one person at a time...but she had chosen him, she was going to stay with him through it all."
Sighing he rubbed his face with his hand and retreated back into his room.
Ali made her way outside, passing the ball room which had gone from a loud buzz to a hushed whisper, she continued on til she slipped out the side and stepped onto the balcony, taking out a cigarette she patted her pockets, looked in the box and cursed as she came up short for a lighter blinking as one appeared in front of her, looking over she saw Patch standing there.
"I didn't know you smoked."
She didn't answer him, only lit the end and inhaled deeply holding back the urge to cough, the numbness that filled her extremidies welcomed as her ears began to ring slightly and her finger tips went numb. Her mind go blank from the rush of nicotine. Blowing the smoke out in a thin, pale stream she didn't bother to glance at the man as he spoke.
"You know...if I felt I was losing you to someone else, I would have tried to make you jealous as well..."
She grunted not gracing his opinion with a response, he continued.
"Marcus decked him pretty good, both are in solitary confinment for the time being til they cool off."
She took another drag on her cigarette but never answered the man, he shook his head and held up his hand, the soft blue glow making her stiffen, she spun around and grabbed his wrist bringing her face close to his.
"I don't need healing asswipe. There's nothing you, or ANYONE can do. I just lost my husband, my life...my family. Just leave me the hell alone and go try to fix someone else alright?"
He held up his hands and backed away from her, she relished in the silence and felt her shoulders stiffen again as another body made it's way towards her, the voice making her muscles ease, if only a little.
"Mom...Are you alright?"
She turned, looking at Dante and nodded.
"Of course, I'm fine baby. You just go and have fun."
"Dad shouldn't have done that...he should have talk to you..."
"I bet if you tell him that, he'll disagree. It's better this way kiddo. Less pain the long run when one of us dies from a mission or old age, and now he doesn't have to worry about me tarnishing his family name."
"Mom, you could never do something like that...He loves you."
"No son...he loved me. LOVED me...I think...I don't-"
She coughed as he tried to inhale a breath of the cigarette smoke as he tried to keep her tears at bay.
"I would have done anything for your father, I want you to know that!"
"I know mom."
Tank walked forward and wrapped his arms around the small woman who had become his mother, his frame feeling so much like Demetri's she crumpled in his arms and cried.
"It'll be alright mom. I promise."
She shook her head and took a shuddering breath.
"No...it won't."
He looked down at her as she suddenly stopped crying, looking up at him he gasped as her eyes were dull, the life he knew to be in them gone now as she simply stared at him.
"Mom?"
She didn't answer, only finished her cigarette and walked away from him.
"Mom!"
She turned and shook her head.
"Go to bed. It's late."
He felt his own tears threaten to fall as her voice reached him, it was so void of emotion, so monotone that it broke his heart just to listen to her speak, he ran from the blacony to find his father in the med ward and try to talk to the man.
Ali walked through the halls, feeling nothing, absolutely nothing, her body cold and her thoughts empty. Reaching the training room, walking through the door she saw it was empty, she didn't want it any other way right now. Shedding her coat, knives and pistol she walked over to the wall console and punched in her code, the mechanical voice echoing in the silent room.
'Sim training selected, select opponent.'
Ali typed in a few numbers, hitting enter she typed more numbers in again and hit the enter button and waited.
'Bohemoth oppenet selected, level 10. Officer confirmation required.'
Typing in her confirmation code she stretched her arms and pulled her hair up into a pony tail as the voice echoed again.
'Confirmation accepted. Comense training.'
Ali took her fighting stance as a image projected itself into the middle of the room, the large beast looking horrifying with sharp razor sharp teeth and claws, a powerful tail that was known to cleave a man in two with a single swipe, massive paws and a single, large horn in the middle of it's head. Ali had seen men gored to death by that piece of death, but right now, the way she was she did not fear it. She rolled to the side as the beast charged, the room trembling with the force of the monsters charge, sliding underneath the beast she brought her foot up and felt it impact, the force making the beast roar and bring his front paw back catching her on the shoulder. Ali felt the simulation gash her shoulder down to the bone, but no cries or hisses of pain escaped her. She stood and faced the creature again as if nothing had happened. It charged her again, it's head down, ready to impale her but she dropped to her back and brought her fist up into the things chin, knocking it off blanace, she followed through with her foot knocking it over. She moved in, ready to deliver a crippling blow to it's midsection when the tail whipped around catching her on the leg, her right leg buckled instantly. She felt the break, felt the bones snap but gave no indication of the pain that radiated from it, as if she was unable to feel any pain whatsoever. She stood, her leg moving almost useless but she forced it to work well enough for her to gain her footing as the massive form regained it's own footing. Looking over at her the thing charged, this time it's mouth open, ready to swallow her whole, she side stepped and looked down curiously as it's massive jaws closed around her thing arm, the teeth cutting through it instantly, she watched in fascination as it threw her about, the sickening snap of bone and sinew, the vomit inducing tearing of flesh only intriuged her as she watched her arm come loose from her body and dissapear down the behemoth's throat, blood soaking her clothes and the mats under her feet, she blinked as her vision became blurry and looked up, her face blank as it knocked her to the mats, the claws digging into the flesh of her shoulders, going clean through til they pierced the mat under her. No sound came from the woman as wound upon wound was inflicted, the monster flickering before vanishing altogehter.
'Life force of operative minimul. Sending distress signal.'
Ali looked up at the ceiling, her blood soaking the mats, turning her head she could see her severed arm laying on the floor a little ways from her. She did nothing, said nothing as Patch, Stich, Sheild and Marcus all rushed in, Patch by her side instantly.
"God dammit! We have to get her to the med ward now! She's loseing alot of blood. Stitch do what you can for her arm while we go."
The young man nodded as Patch picked her up and carried her from the blood soaked room, Patch looking down at her as she stared off into space.
"What possesed you to try and train useing a level 10 Behemoth simulation Alex? You could have died!"
She blinked slowly, her words monotoned and void of emotion as she spoke.
"What's it matter now?"
Patch said nothing as he rushed through the halls carrieing Ali in his arms, Marcus following behind worriedly.[/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

[size=2]Marcus had come out of his cell after what felt like hours, he had remained in the same position his entire stay in the room. He had let his mind go, he had moved through world upon world to try and dissipate his rage, his anger, and his sadness, he had meditated in a more conventional means, he never let his mind leave his body, he just remained silent as he quieted the voices in his head, all of the sounds dying down as he let his body relax, the tension leaving his body slightly. When he finally came around, he was on his feet and leaving the cell with his mind focused again, his heart beat had slowed enough to keep his body cool, he felt the cold ground on his feet, closing his eyes as he walked the halls slowly. He needed to just breath now, he kept going until he found himself in the med ward, Shield was doing rounds with Patch, he turned to see Marcus and smiled at him.

[b]"Ah, I see you finally came out of that room. You look better then you did before."[/b] Marcus just nodded to Shield before he suddenly heard an alarm go off in the med ward.

[b]"Alert, Life-sign faint in Training room. Need immediate medical attention."[/b] Patch took of then, Stitch in tow with Shield and Marcus following behind them wanting to know who could possibly have been so hurt in the training room. They swiftly made there way to the training room, arriving in only moments to arrive on a scene that sent horror and soul crushing sadness into Marcus' mind. Ali lay on the ground, her blood covering the mat, her body was torn to shreds. Puncture wounds through one shoulder, the arm useless then, the other arm was completely ripped off, bitten off in several bites. Marcus tried to scream then, feeling his heart simply die in his chest as he found he couldn't move, couldn't breath, Stitch and Patch moving quickly, taking her away into the med ward. Shield turning to Marcus as he was simply frozen with the fear at seeing her condition, his scream echoing in his mind with such ferocity he was sure his ear drums would burst. The scream finally reaching his lips as it tore from his throat, Shield holding him in a grip that couldn't relieve Marcus' grief.

[b]"Ali!"[/b] He screamed, Shield finally letting him go as he charged through the hall, his runes flaring to life but the glow looked sickly know, almost tainted with his fear and horror. The glow seemingly green in its foul presentation, when he made it to the med ward Shield wasn't far behind as Marcus could only watch as they reattached her arm, slowly and precisely attaching nerve stems, ligaments, tendons and muscles back together. They had stemmed the bleeding, using gauze before they reached the other areas, the arm having taken precedence. Once the arm was back on they then began the rest of her body, fixing the holes, plugging her into an IV to replenish her blood they repaired the holes, mending the broken limbs and the gashes in her body. Marcus hadn't felt the tears streaming down his face as stood as close as he dared, seeing the look on her face was what made him almost retch. She had been awake the entire time, every painful connection made, every stitching they had down, every last detail they took to stop her from dying, she simply stared into the ceiling. He couldn't understand it, he couldn't fathom why she would do this and why she would show nothing in her faze, even the pain should of made her flinch. Marcus approached after hours of fixing her, Patch and Stitch showing their fatigue, Marcus looked at her and seeing the still, dead look in her eyes.

[b]"Ali, can you hear me?"[/b] He said, his voice hoarse from weeping, the scream having done its damage to his throat. She turned her head just enough to look at him.

[b]"Of course I can, why wouldn't I?"[/b] Her dead eyes almost made him break down again, pushing back the tears and the feeling he cleared his throat.

[b]"Why Ali? Why would you do this?"

"It doesn't matter anymore, nothing does."[/b] Marcus almost died hearing those words, sure he was about to collapse right there. Her words had been so cold, so unforgiving.

[b]"You can't mean that. You have far too much to live for."

"No, I don't."

"Don't say that Alex, you still have a family, three children for gods sake!" [/b]She didn't seem to care at hearing his words, she seemed to be looking past him now. She remained silent, Marcus broke it with his words again.

[b]"You still have me Ali, don't leave me. You can't leave me."[/b] Her next words cut like knives.

[b]"Why not? You did it to me."[/b] He reeled back then, his grief consuming him as he roared out, the tears returning as he gripped the side of her bed now. The sheer power of her words had broken him so easily, she had taken his heart and simply crushed it in her hands.

[b]"He doesn't love me anymore, I don't know when it stopped, but it did. All he cared about was getting even."[/b] Ali kept talking, her words making no sense in his moment of grief, he felt a hand on his shoulder, the hand suddenly whipping him around when a fist came down and smashed in Marcus face. He fell to the floor, his body no longer having the strength to stand. Looking up to see that it was Demetri now, the terror in his eyes mirrored by his rage. It clicked then for Marcus, his grief being consumed by the fires of his anger and hatred.

[b]"You did this to her!"[/b] Demetri growled at him.

[b]"You are the the one who did this Marcus! You tried to destroy everything we had!"

"Gods dammit! I did nothing like that Demetri! I consoled her when she doubt her because of you! You drove her to this, because of what you did at the ball! She tried to kill herself."[/b] The words sinking in now, Marcus giving up on the fight then as he was sitting now, his knees pulled up and his hands on his head as he wept more. He didn't pay attention to Demetri anymore, he didn't pay attention to any of the words around, he only kept in his mind what she had said to him. His tears coming stronger as he felt them stab deeper and deeper into his soul.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Patch sighed as the twins, Recharge, hovered over him revitalizing his energy and strenght, he had seen the entire thing between the two men, seeing it was going to get worse he stood and walked over to them.
"Both of you shut up! She needs her rest. I'll have to keep her over night to give her another transfusion since she lost so much blood, if either or both of you are staying; and you fight, I'll have Rock and Steel come up here and take you both to the brig. I don't give a damn if you both are a higher rank than I am. I'm sick of this! Ali's a good friend of mine, I've known her since we were kids and it kills me to see her like this. But I swear to the gods if you two don't stop I'll kill you both. She's this way because of BOTH of you not just one or the other. Your fighting over her, her warring emotions for the two of you, her indecision...it's your faults, not her's. The ONLY thing she's ever done is try to follow her heart like her father taught her and look where it got her? Emotionally crippled and almost killed because following her heart led her to the both of you and BOTH of you decided to stoop low enough to hurt her. You know how many relationships she's had? Her entire life? Three. The first one tore her apart cause of how it eneded, and than there was Demetri and than you Marcus. She might be a strong woman, but she doesn't know how to love just one person, she has a big heart and both of you seemed to miss that one small detail about her. In my opionion, neither of you deserve her."
Patch shook his head and walked over to Ali, looking over her charts he jumped suddenly as the door flew open, a large mass of fur and teeth flashing through the med ward and within seconds had both Demetri and Marcus pinned to the wall with it's massive paws around their throats, Jason's voice growling from the beast's muzzle.
"What the **** did you two do to her?!"
Patch walked over to try and defuse the situation but Jason merely growled.
"I'm thinking she off roaming the halls, next thing I know I get a phone telling me my sister is on the brink of death and that she's mentally incapable of doing her job?!"
The two men struggled against his hold but Jason only tightened it.
"I don't care what happens, both of you are going to do everything in your power to set this right. I want my god damn sister back!"
Patch pulled Jason from the two of them, they dropped to the floor coughing as Patch led Jason to a table where he reverted back into his human form and sat breathing heavily.
"Calm down Jason, she'll be fine. As for you two, he's right you both are going to have to work to bring her around. Once she's discharged she'll have to be watched at all times. After what I've seen I can tell she really has no will left to live. She'll be suspened from duty til I deem her able again. She'll be prone to reckless indangerment, suicidal tendencies...you name it. She's buried so deep right now she can't even feel pain."
Marcus nodded and stood up.
"I'll do it."
Demetri frowned and shoved the man aside.
"Like hell you will! She's my wife!"
The mystic growled up at Demetri, his runes glowing faintly.
"You gave up that option when you broke her heart, and what proof do you have that she's your wife? I don't see a ring on her finger!"
Demetri took a shocked step back as he looked down at her hand, seeing the Marcus was telling the truth.
"She's still my wife!"
"I don't need to sleep, I can watch her all the time!"
Patch interveened.
"Enough! Both of you can keep an eye on her. Marcus can watching her night since he doesn't need to sleep, Demetri you can keep an eye on her during the day. She'll need to be with one of you at all times, so Marcus while she's under your watch she's to be locked in your room with you. I want you by the door so if she does try to get out, she'll have to go through you."
The men both nodded, both no happy about the arrangment, but the growling coming from the wolfman was more than enough to make them agree. Neither were truly scared of Jason, usually, but when it came to his sister some things were better of not being provoked. Nodding Patch went back to Ali and felt her forehead before looking her over, they had tried to put her back together again with minimal scarring, but there were still signs of her battle, faint pink scars ran across her skin now, her reattached arm...the scar could be seen clearly as well as the bite marks the monster had given to it before it had come off her torso. He closed his eyes sadly as he looked down in to her blank face, simply staring at the ceiling, he took her hand and gave it a squeeze.
"It'll be alright Ali, we'll make it better. I promise."
She said nothing back, he wasn't expecting her to, looking at the three men who were so close to her he shook his head sadly before continueing his work of looking over her charts and pumping her full of fluids and plasma.[/color][/font]

[size=2]Marcus had taken up a place in one of the chairs, Patch's words had torn into him likes knives, he felt every cut and every slice into his soul. His thoughts were broken, unable to form coherent thoughts, especially ones that could be useful, the words cutting apart every thought he had as he tried to focus more, rubbing his forehead as he felt the panic in his mind. Everything was falling apart, Demetri's scene in he ball room, Ali storming out, Marcus' outburst as he decked a higher ranking officer in a crowded room, and then finally, there was this. He glanced at the motionless body on the table, the transfusion taking place now, giving her the chance to come back around. If he didn't know better, he would have taken her for dead, seeing enough corpses in the field she was barely breathing, her chest only lightly lifting, he didn't even see the slightest twitch in her muscles, nothing moved, nothing gave any indication she was still alive. He felt like crying again, seeing how this was indeed his fault as well, he had pressed to hard, he had tried too hard to be more then what he could be, he had pushed into her heart harder then what was safe. He had been selfish, he had been self-centered and never took into account her own thoughts. Every connection they had, every advantage he thought he had, turned out to be his biggest hindrance. He felt something warm touch his face and looked up to the window, seeing the sun peaking out now, he rose from his seat, trying to keep his emotions in check.

[b]"Your shift starts now Commandant." [/b]Demetri didn't say anything as Marcus was about to walk out, he heard him speak then.

[b]"Going to find Neos are you?"[/b] Marcus felt his heart stop as he froze in the doorway, his body stiffened at the name. He had completely forgotten about Neos, he felt the claws dig in more, he couldn't believe he had done that, he had let it slip from his mind entirely. Neither man could see the expression on his face, his wide eyes and his jaw slightly hanging open. They could see the tension building in his shoulders, his muscles tensing before he turned to look at them, his face as straight as he could keep it.

[b]"Yes, I need to continue his training." [/b]Demetri scoffed as he sat nearly Ali now.

[b]"Just looking for another way to break the family apart aren't you."[/b] Marcus ready to retort when he saw the look in Patch's eyes, holding up a single finger at the mystic, Marcus suppressed the feeling. Letting out a heavy breath before speaking.

[b]"I'm just teaching him to use his powers, he needs someone with experience for this sort of thing."

"Good luck finding him then."[/b] Marcus frowned as he heard the harshness in Demetri's voice.

[b]"Where is he Demetri?"[/b] The giant was silent for now, Marcus felt his temper growing with his lack of cooperation. It was to be expected, both of them were at odds right now with each other, Marcus only being so well behaved due to Patch and Jason being near by, both kept looking at him, their attentions focused on both of Ali's lovers. His arms crossed as he waited for Demetri to speak.

[b]"He's with my family, with my blood."[/b] Marcus was ready to snap, he heard a growl form Jason as Marcus' runes glowed lightly. He disengaged from the conversation then, knowing what he needed he left, his blood pumping so hard and his heart beating so fast that all he could hear was the thump of it in his ears. He went to Pockets quarters first, finding her still asleep he woke her up gently, trying very hard to not just roll her out of the bed and order her to get ready. He couldn't displace his anger on her, it wouldn't be fair. After he spoke to her, breaking through her sleepy mind, informing her that she should get ready and meet him outside his quarters. She nodded sleepily as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, Marcus left then, going to his own quarters as he changed, he had found all of his clothes from the ball on his bed. His mind sliding back to that event last night, Ali popping into his mind yet again, her dress had been breath taking, the form fitting look had made his breath quicken, he was only disappointed by the situation he had seen her in at that time. He had hopped for a dance with her, being able to hold her again in a more public setting, show her he could actually dance. He let out a sad laugh then at remembering her comment before they walked into the Club.

[color=#0000FF]"What's the matter Marcus, worried that a little dance club is going to blow the cover of you inability to dance?"[/color] He had to push away the bad feelings now, he couldn't let Neos see anything while they taught him. He dressed in his robe again, his swords hung up on the wall now with new pegs he had put in, he left them behind for now, walking out to find Pocket bright eyed and ready for their training. They walked through the halls, exchanging small talk, Pocket picking up pretty quickly that Marcus was distant today, she did her best to brighten his mood, but nothing seemed to work. They passed through several doors, several hallways, entering the Councilor chambers, they passed even more doors and until finally stopping at their destination. Marcus knocked gently, waiting patiently until the door opened, Madam Touching standing in the doorway, Marcus smiled at her as much as he could.

[b]"Mystic, surprised to see you here."[/b] Marcus bowed his head to her.

[b]"Morning Touch, I'm here to see Neos. We are here to continue his training."[/b] She looked at him with an unreadable expression.

[b]"Demetri brought him here, I don't think he would be ok with you being around him right now."

"Please Madam Touch, he needs the experience. It'll only be for a few hours. I will leave afterwards." [/b]She looked hesitant at first, then allowed them in. Neos came running instantly, jumping into his arms, Marcus swinging him around. Beginning their training, it took what seemed like days, the time passing ever so slowly for them, they came out of the meditation soon enough. When Marcus opened his eyes he smiled at Neos, touching his hair when he suddenly saw faint lines on his face, the lines having the shape and consistence of the runes on Marcus' own body, his hand darker compared to Neos' but he could see the faint lines. He only stared for several minutes, marveling at his sons power.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]She lay there, feeling nothing, feeling empty and cold, she had heard the conversations between everyone around her but nothing sparked a reacion from her, as the sun rose through the window she could feel Demetri get close. She didn't respond, except to pull her hand away from him as he tried to hold her hand comfortingly. She shut herself down then, retreating into her own mind, reliving moments that brought back a small piece of happiness to her. She didn't bother to close her eyes as she fell into her own mind, her monitors and equipment all signaling that she had fallen into a coma as she simply stared at the ceiling.

She blinked slowly, lazily as the black shadows swirled around her, thicker, darker than ever; she was hardly able to even see through them but as a figure began to walk towards her she felt her heart slow down to a steady, relaxed pace and her entire body melted as a familiar scent flooded her.
"Alex...you've grown into a beautiful woman..."
She felt the tears fall silently as she looked up into her father's dark face, his gotee and military cut black hair making him look dark and hansome, his dark brown amber brown eyes warm and accepting.
"D-daddy...?"
His warm smile split is olive tanned skinned face apart, his white teeth gleaming as his amber eyes turn into warm caramel as he looked upon her.
"What makes you so ill my daughter?"
She shook her head and took a step forward, her emotions still buried deep with in her but she wanted, needed to feel him, have his warm, strong arms around her to comfort her and his spicy, musky colonge making her feel like a little girl again.
"Daddy, I don't know what to do any more...You told me to always follow my heart and I did but it got me no where."
He closed the distance between them and embraced her tightly, she burined her nose in his chest and inhaled deeply, his scent washing over her, making her pulse slow down to a relaxing pace and her thoughts become calm.
"Now now my dear, talk to me. I'm here for as long as you need me."
"I fell in love Daddy."
"That's wonderful my girl, who is the lucky man?"
"Actually...I fell in love twice."
Exodus looked down at his daughter, a look of shock on his face that slowly turned into a knowing smile.
"I see. I'm going to guess that one man is the son of the great Sheild am I correct?"
She looked up at him baffled but he just smiled and continued.
"-And the other is the son of the late Cotillion?"
"Daddy...how'd you know?"
"Alex, being able to see the shadows, being able to walk through them as I did...I was able to see more than your love Marcus and his father and his fathers father could ever imagine. He's only breached the surface of his potential. Now, tell me what has happened? I want to hear everything."
Ali nodded, taking deep breath she began at the begining.
"I met Demetri for the frist time years ago... He seemed so arrogant, just cause he was a decorated soldier...but he saved me during one mission and I made a vow that I would try to be more like him. After that we just seemed to get closer and closer. I watched him...alot...I kind of felt like a stalker. When ever he was in the room my eyes were always shifting towards him, I would get so lost in the sound of his voice I didn't even hear what he was actually saying to me..."
Her father chuckled but said nothing and allowed her to continue.
"...Than after a few more years we had a mission, the two of us and the other two of out team at the time, it was to the Southren base, somthing had happened and I ended up getting caught. While we were esacaping he saved me from a siren...he got hurt, bad...another scar to add to his collection, bacause of me..."
She took a deep breath as she continued.
"...After that things moved fast, but I was so content, just being around him made me happy, his presense always felt like it did when you were with me. So calm and strong, comforting."
Exodus looked around them as her memories flashed here and there, their first kiss, the ball, her confession of love to him, the beach, their first night making love, the hurt she felt as he left, the pregnancy, the wedding and everything in between. He nodded down to her.
"I see. There is another I saw many times within these memories as well, Cotillion's son I assume?"
She nodded.
"Tell me of him daughter. I wish to hear more of my dear friends son and how much like his pompous father he truly is."
"He's not like that Daddy."
"Oh, don't give me that Alex, they all are, all three of them. His grandfather was a pervert and a vouyer, his father was presumptous and egg headed. Yet they both had much more honor than most men I had ever met in my life."
"How is it that you knew both of them?"
"That's for another time dear. Now, tell me about Marcus."
She took a deep breath and rested her head on her father's broad chest inhaling his scent yet again as it wafted around her.
"He's an enigma, I've never met any one quite like him...I can never truly tell what he's thinking...and when I do it's so sheilded it's hard to read. But when ever he thinks of me it's almost as if his mind is screaming at him, it resounds so loud sometimes it makes me wince."
Exodus chuckled.
"Yes yes, tell me how you met him, and how you managed to wiggle your way into his robe."
"Daddy!"
He held up his hands and chuckled.
"I'm just making an assesment."
She shook her head, but no smile came to her lips, she hugged him again as he wound his arms around her shoulders.
"I met him around the same time Demetri and I began to show how we felt about each other, like I said, he was such an enigma. So quiet so..."
"Pompous?"
"...Daddy..."
"I'm sorry, continue."
She rolled her eyes slightly.
"He was so...closed off. He felt so alone when I first met him, as if he was just waiting for the right reason to come along so he could throw his life away. I didn't understand it than. But he continued to work with us, the frist time I actually talked to him was the ball that year, while we were dancing. I always made cracks about him not being able to dance but he was actually very graceful that night. He had bugged Demetri to hear what we were talking about. It wasn't long after that when him and I connected even further, a rune he had drawn on my wrist being the catalyst. It was during a fight Jason and I were in together...I had been hurt, badly and I had called to him. I saw everything than, his hurt, his pain...the reason he was so distant. His lover had died at the hands of his own apprentance...it crippled him, he never truly recovered from that..."
"I remeber that fight...forgive me for harming you Alex. I didn't want to."
She nodded and continued.
"...The beach was the next step for us...Demetri and Tempest had gotten into a fight, the two of them on the brink of ripping the island apart when I got caught in the cross fire. He was so angry...so lost in his own memories that when he came to he called me Masan."
Exodus nodded slowly.
"Aa, yes. She was lovely. You resemble her alot. Her abilities made her very treasured amoung the HDF. There was not a man in the system that wouldn't have laid their life on the line for her."
Ali nodded again and continued with her story.
"From than on it was so easy to get into his mind, after that Demetri left...I was so alone and than Jason talked to me and made me realize that a small part of me had grown attracted to Marcus. Come to find out that it was a small piece of Masan's soul...but the truth of it all is I fell in love with him on my own even before that..."
Exodus nodded and held her at arms length.
"You followed your heart through all of this, am I right?"
She nodded but looked away from the proud man.
"What is it Alex?"
"I failed you though. It all ended worse that I ever thought possible...Demetri he-"
The events played in this world now, the video of what Demetri had done flowing over and over, Exodus sighed and rubbed his hand back and forth along his short hair sighing.
"I see...He acted rashly my dear. My question is, which do you want to be with in the end?"
"That's just it Daddy...I don't know. I followed my heart but I just turned out to be a mess. I'm sorry, I dissappointed you."
He shook her shoulders and frowned down at her, she could see why a part of her was attracted to the two men, they both reminded her of her father. He was built large, like Demetri, muscular, broad and tall, but his feartures reminded her of Marcus, dark and somewhat intimidating; but no less handsome.
"As long as you follow your heart and your emotions you could never dissappoint me Alex. I love you, you are my daughter."
She nodded before burying her face in his chest again gasping as her arms slipped through him and he began to turn smoky like her surroundings.
"Daddy?!"
"I'm sorry love, my time is up for this time. I'll give my regaurds to your mother. She's so very proud of you."
Ali blinked and dropped to her knees as she found her self alone in this dark, void of a world, wrapping her arms around her self she rocked back and forth on the spot, no tears came, not sobs. She looked up into the swirling darkness and took a shuddering breath, she thought back on the ball, the pain she had felt when she had seen Demetri with the other woman, there was no way to describe that pain and even as her heart broke again as she remebered her choice to leave, to stay away from him she could not shed any tears.

Demetri held Ali's arms down to the mattress firmly as she tried to pull away from him, her arms already covered in bloody scratch marks created by none other than herself. Patch restraining her before glaring at the giant.
"I told you not to let her out of your sight!"
"I just went to get coffee!"
Patch pointed to her arms, the blood oozing from the self inflicted wounds slowly.
"You see this?! This is what she's gonna do to herself when left along. She has to be watched at all times! You want gad damn coffee make Jason good at it, he's good at fetch!"
Jason growled from the corner as Patch injected a sedative into Ali's arm to settle her down, once she lay there, her eyes still open staring at the ceiling lifeless Patch sighed.
"DO NOT leave her again Demetri. You've done enough damage don't you think?"
Patch didn't listen if the giant made a remark or even if Demetri had moved, he walked away and continued to look at her charts sighing exsplosivly.
"Great...she's in a coma now. Hope you and Marcus are happy."
He wrote something down on a slip of paper before sticking it to Ali's chart and putting his forehead against his desk. [/color][/font]

Demitri's foam cup, now almost gone of his coffee, seemed so insignificant now than before when he had craved some energy to stay awake and keep an eye on his beloved wife. The end result of he self inflicted pain was apparent enough with his absence, and Patch's words hung heavy on the burly soldier, though words like that weer out of line and cause for disciplinary actions, the young medic was right about everything. All the pain Marcus and Demitri has put on Ali was shameful, down right unspeakable, and the giant felt the most pain, at least he thought so. Unable to see the anguish he placed on his beloved, he wasn't acting very husband like, nor father material with the way he was acting just to get a little emotional response from the mystic, and all Ali tried to do was be the peacekeeper between the two. The actions 3 years ago when they had their affair lingered in the giants mind, he couldn't understand why, even after all those years why the thoughts Ali's loyalty to their family came in question...it just did whenever the mystic was around. He saw the looks they gave one another, the body contact, the way they hung around one another. It was obvious the feelings came back to life, the giant tried his best to keep his professional nature for his ally when he came back, but there were too many occasion when he would snap, such as the fight in the training room, and this years ball dance with Marcus striking him during a simple introduction. Everything backfired on the wind wizard, but at least he now knows the faults were all on his end too. Not seeing the pain and anguish she suffered for this short while when Marcus returned. The giant sat on the chair next to where Ali laid, Jason taking a small nap on his own seat, snoring softly as his wolf ears perked on and off at subtle sounds in the room, Patch had left to do his work in the Med Ward, the shifts were switching in a couple of hours, Touch would be taking over for him when he left. Demitri looked down at his wife, her body limp as she stared blankly to the ceiling, he once bountiful, energetic eyes now dull and lifeless, the giant felt grief and shame set in his mind, like a disease, it spread throughout his body as he thought about all the things he could have done to make her feel more comfortable and happy. Demitri reached out and placed her left hand in his large palm, her fingers lifeless as he looked down at her naked hand. She was missing the wedding band he had bought for her years ago, along with her diamond ring to show that he was ready to make her part of his family, the smile on her face when she accepted without hesitation melted the mans heart. Now, she was laying in abed, torn and beatened mentally, physically, and most hurtful of all...emotionally. The giant squeezed her hand softly, feeling the coldness her body produced was scary and bone chilling to the giant. Demitri closed his eyes and concentrated his thought, hoping they would projected to his wife, it had been such a long time since he's communicated in this fashion with her, their body's touching and spoken words were all they needed to communicate with one another. Still, the giant tried his best to reach her, he would be happy if his thoughts and emotions reached her mind....no, her spirit, just to bring the life back to her once rosy cheeks.

"[color="#008080"][i][b]My beloved Ali, how could I have been so blind to your needs? Your pain and suffering you've faced when I always turned a blind eye? The hidden rage you kept built inside of your delicate body? I always thought you were strong, like you were years ago when you were a crack whip team leader, my gods Ali, that's how I remember you my love. I keep forgetting that with time and having a family, things are more fragile for you than they once were, I'm such a fool to believe you can fight off the whole world around you when you're cornered, and not once did I pay attention to the cries you've spoken of. The subordinates, my family's words, the gossip around the base...I'm so sorry my baby. Had I known it would have effected you in such a manner, I would have taken immediate action against those things, or even spoken up to make it know I didn't approve of they way people were talking or treating you. I know I've been distant with work, with the family....with us. I know things between you and I werent the best at times....but love, I've seen the way you looked at him, talked to him, touched him with the slightest scrape of your finger. It drove me wild, I had tried my best, even after knowing that Neos is partly his....forgive me for my anger and arrogance, you didn't need it and nor did the family. Please my love, I still love you like I have always, nothing has changed, I was an ass to break your heart at the ball. But...if you'll forgive me, I'll change, I'll change and make sure no frown every crosses your lips, no sad thought ever has to pass your brilliant mind, no words can break your spirit. Even...[/b][/i][/color]" Demitri gulped slightly as he squeezed tighter on her frail hand, knowing he hated what he was about to relay to his wif. "..[color="#008080"][b][i].even if that means I have to see you happy with another[/i][/b][/color]" A single tear fell down his cheek as he thought his words, sniffing some as he became slightly saddened by the thought. "[color="#008080"][i][b]...I will always love you for the woman who loved me back, and gave me a family...no matter if you place that band back on your finger or not. I will love you...just come back to me, your babies, the team....your family...[/b][/i][/color]" The tear trailed down Demitri's face, until it hung on his chin, slowly it collected to a single water droplet, falling so gracefully in the air until it landed on the top of Ali's hand. Demitri finally opened his eyes, the room darker now as he looked out the window, the sun had already set in the distance, the shift change had already taken place, Madam Touch slowly entered the room with Marcus right behind her, emotionless face as always as the giant stood and wiped his face from his tears before turning to the two.

"Commandant" Madam touched addressed her son, she was slightly serious, seems like her and Marcus shared words before entering the room.

"Madam Touch" Demitri caught the professional courtesy, she extended her hand as Demitri lightly grabbed her hand in the air, bringing it to his lips and planting a soft kiss before returning her hand back. Marcus kept his gaze on Ali, ignoring the professional greeting as Madam Touch snapped the mystic out of his trace when she addressed him.

"You're on shift now Colonel Demos, the Commandant will be leaving. As ordered and instructed by my pupil, you will remain in this room. If you need anything, please call for me or Frost to grab the items you seek, Jason Talon will be dismissed from his post until the morning hours, or until the Commander is well to be moved back to her quarters. Is that understood?" Marcus merely nodded, Demitri understood something had happened, but he was too tired and exhausted from his mental message to think about it now, Demitri had other plans in mind for the evening before he would slumber. Madam touch left the room to start her rounds and wound care, both Marcus and Demitri stayed silent as they stared one another down. In their own minds, they could play out another fight between the two, using their strength and powers to out match one or the other, but for Ali's sake, their fight would have to wait. Demitri knew one thing though, to keep his promise to his wife, he would have to change, even if it hurt him inside slightly. Demitri licked his bottom lip slightly, feeling the moisture sink into his skin before he spoke.

"Ho-how's Neos' training coming along?" Marcus merely stared, contemplating his own response to the question, but he was more calm and collective since their last argument.

"It's progressing Commandant, thought a little unstable at times, progressing none the less" Marcus moved on his own as he made his way to the chair Demitri once sat in, taking his seat as he looked down at her body, still the same as before, but with a little more splotches on her sheets. "I'll have one of the nurses come and change the sheets, giver her a bed bath for the evening" Demitri nodded as he made his way to the door, turning his head slightly to look back, seeing Marcus in the same position, just staring with a sad look on his face now, it was the first time he had seen strong emotion come from his ally. Though they still fought, and fought over Ali, Demitri never considered the man a enemy, but the commandant was true to his protection for his wife. Demitri shook the thought as he turned his head back around.

"Thank you..." Softly speaking before he shut the door behind himself, stretching a little in the med ward, his mother came up to the giant, smiling slightly.

"You alright darling?"

"Yes momma, what was with the high and mighty approach?" Demitri raised an eyebrow as he looked down at his mother.

"We had a little chat, and I must say, the mystic can hold his own better than these rookies. He is not a man who can be swayed or compromised easily, but he is understanding to what we talked about. Other than that, a good man at heart. Go get some rest baby, you need it and the kids miss you" She smiled before leaving to complete her tasks, Demitri nodded before making his way to the hallways, he was now running to his intended destination, stopping in front of a steel door that read a single name that made his heart beat rapidly as the door opened once the giant stepped forward. Making his way inside, all the soldiers stood at attention as their lead commander entered, his hands behind his back as he looked at all the soldiers.

"I hear that we've been having some communication problems with your commander, is this true?" Demitri spoke in a stern, angry voice, everyone froze in their place, not knowing what to say, but Demitri didn't give them the opportunity. "Let me find out that insubordination is happening under her watch, or mine as a matter of fact. Heads will roll, and I'll be taking names for every ass she or I kick, UNDERSTOOD??" He roared, his deep voice echoing in the room, everyone simply nodded as they held their place, Demitri turned and left without a word. The steel door closing as the name could be seen clearly: Commander Athens. It took a bit with his simple stride, but the giant finally made it to his living quarters, His daughter Lily grabbing a glass of water from the kitchen before noticing her father, she rushed over to him as the giant knelt and embraced her hug, squeezing tight to her little body. "What are you doing still up my Lily flower?" Demitri smiled.

"I was finishing my homework, and going to bed daddy. How's mom?" Demitri grunted slightly as he kept his smile.

"She's healing nicely, maybe tomorrow you can bring her some flowers to make her feel a little better. Would you like that?" Lily smiled and nodded, giving her father another hug. "Where's Neos and Dante?"

"Neos is with grampa Pavlos, he just took him for a walk not too long ago because Neos was still awake. Tank is in the shower.." On that note, the muscular boy came out in his sweat pants, town around his shoulders as he smiled seeing his dad and Lily together, Demitri stood from his spot and waved at the boy.

"Good girl, now go get some rest baby, I have to talk to Tank about something personal" Lily looked confused at the comment, so did Tank. "It's a boy thing" The man winked, Lily made a face of disgust as she ran off to her room, joking as Tank patted her on the head as she passed. Tank slowly made his way to his father as the two sat down in the living room. Tank lacing his hands together, elbow on knees as he looked at his father, who himself was exhausted and worn out.

"Whats the matter daddy?" Demitri thought long and hard about Ali's words to him when they subject of their eldest son came up, it needed to be addressed, for Tank's sake.

"Dante, how are you feeling lately? You know my little footba-" Quickly catching himself, he was calling him a "footballer" more than son these days. "My son...you know as your parents we're here for you if you need anything, so I wanna know how things are. School and what not, and ya know...about you" Dante was a bit surprised at the sudden show of attention, but still hesitant about their last mission, he was still a bit secluded. The boy felt a warm hand on his shoulder, looking over to his father, he smiled when he saw the hazel eyes of a caring soul. Dante smiled as he relaxed, leaning on the couch as he spoke more. "I know about the therapy Dante" The boy was a bit shocked, but of course, his father would find out sooner than later. "Whats wrong my boy? Dante took a couple of breaths before talking about his sessions and feelings. Edited by Mage17