OtakuBoards

Mass Effect

Boo

As they were working on FPS material for ME before, I can imagine they'd do something like the Human-Turian conflict and/or the Rachni wars, but then in FPS style. Plus, I'm sure they'll make a game where at one point you come across Blasto the Hanar Spectre, being a stuck up movie star now. It would be way cool to be a Salarian or a Turrian for once though. Humans pissed me off.

btw: not enough reference to EMERGENCY INDUCTION PORT. Edited by Boo

[quote name='Boo' timestamp='1334134092' post='711424']
As they were working on FPS material for ME before, I can imagine they'd do something like the Human-Turian conflict and/or the Rachni wars, but then in FPS style. Plus, I'm sure they'll make a game where at one point you come across Blasto the Hanar Spectre, being a stuck up movie star now. It would be way cool to be a Salarian or a Turrian for once though. Humans pissed me off.

btw: not enough reference to EMERGENCY INDUCTION PORT.
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]I wouldn't mind an FPS, but I'd really like to see the Mass Effect gameplay style continue - even if it happens in a totally different franchise. I really like the way the combat system and RPG elements have developed. As of ME3, it's starting to feel really solid and refined. [/font]

• 4 weeks later...
The Geth units are amazing, btw. Batarian not so much except for their heavy melee power glove being awesome. Vorcha multi-player units will be available soon. Haha, this will be fun.

Haven't played for a couple of weeks, though. I was planning to finish ME1 and ME2 [i]one last time[/i] with my knowledge of ME3, to make one completely opposite character. I'll probably wait for the ME3 dlc before playing ME3 again though. Edited by Boo

• 4 weeks later...
ME3 is coming out for Wii U, along with a roast of other games. I think it's pretty cool how Nintendo uses the Wii U to be less exclusive in its game selection. I hope they will make good use of the tablet because it can serve some great RPG supporting purposes, as well as the combat hub or whatever. Up until now I haven't been impressed with what Nintendo has come up with themselves for the tablet though. :( Edited by Boo

Haha, I quit lurking to come post in a topic about the game series that literally made me bleed from the nose.

I love Mass Effect. It effectively replaced MGS as my favorite series when Lair of the Shadow Broker came out. I F-ING hated the ending. Still can't understand what exactly the developers thought they were conveying with their plothole-riddled corpse of an ending. I won't start a rant, but when I finished my main playthrough, I headdesked and popped my nose out of place. I am a strong proponent of the Indoctrination Theory, to the point it has become my HeadCanon. If they had actually gone that route, it would've been the best ending to a game since Red Dead Redemption. Hell, it would've been the best twist to an ending that I can immediately recall.

What we got, however, effectively killed the series for me. I spent over 300 hours and hundreds of dollars at this point on pre-orders and DLC just to pick which color screws over the galaxy.

Oh, crap, I ranted. Sorry.

Multiplayer is fun. It's neat. Vanguards have always been my favorite, and it's fun as hell when you have teammates pinned down to flank and Charge-Nova-repeat to victory. Anyone on 360, hit me up sometime.

I'm hoping they go Dragon Age Origins or Fallout with the endings, giving me a blurb for the "thousands" of things that I've flagged over the years in my playthroughs. Something at least. The DLCs hopefully open up new avenues and add replayability. As it stands, I had the urge to play through the entire series again, and I got to Therum on ME and got so disheartened that I just stopped playing ANYTHING for like four days.

FPS Mass Effect? Go play Halo. Turians are Elites, krogan are Brutes, volus are Grunts, yahg are Hunters, vorcha are Jackels, they have shields and spaceships. lmao.