OtakuBoards

Left 4 Dead: Breaking Point

Inuyasha Fandom

[font=times new roman, times, serif] Greenwood trailed behind the group, gripping the bat that Santiago gave with her left as she once again stole the doctorâ??s firearm from his pocket with her right. Alejandro noticed but decided against berating against her for he had seen how she had faired against the man with the elongated tongue. [i]She held her own, so I guess weâ??re even.[/i] Alejandro thought as he worked his grip into the crowbar that he had salvaged, not too long after they began making their way away from the bathrooms and toward the liquor store. â??[i][b]Killing them with fireâ?¦ It works?[/b][/i]â? Stacey wondered out loud while James whacked one of the nearby zombies with a lead pipe.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] â??[i][b]Doc, hasnâ??t your friend seen a zombie movie?[/b][/i]â? James asked lightheartedly which was met with the evil eye from Santiago. â??[i][b]Too soon, Jim. Too soon.[/b][/i]â? The doctor replied as the other two snickered as they closed in on the liquor store and a legitimate smile formed on Santiagoâ??s face. â??[i][b]Finally. A place donde por fin puedo sentir como en casa![/b][/i]â? The doctor exclaimed as he quickly walked through his friends to be the first one through the oak doors of the fine establishment. Alejandro made his way through the store, dropping his crowbar. He pulled one of the novelty glasses from behind the counter to the refrigerated section, taking a bottle of Captain Morgan black spiced rum along with a half liter of Coke, he hastily made his way to the bar and began pouring himself another round of poison as the four others quietly made their way inside.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] â??[i][b]Doctor, the party hasnâ??t started. Slow your rollâ?¦[/b][/i]â? James warned as he placed his hand on the bottle of rum which was met by Alejandro grasping the bottle of dark poison away from the bartender. â??[i][b]Let me drink in peace, mi amigo.[/b][/i]â? The doctor growled modestly as James slowly backed away from Aliâ??s barstool; the others could sense the doctor was upset about something. â??[i][b]Thatâ??s enough, you guysâ?¦ Weâ??ve been through a lot but weâ??ve got to keep goingâ?¦[/b][/i]â? Dahlia spoke to not only to Morris and Santiago but to the entire team, the thought of her students choked her up as she finished her statement; the nurse went back to collecting rags for their cocktails.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] â??[i][b]Hey doc, while youâ??re singing the blues over thereâ?¦ Make yourself useful and help Stacey make our house drink![/b][/i]â? Chris called out to the doctor with a laugh and a smile as the brunette walked over to the bar with her contributions of rags and booze when Ali poured himself his third round of poison. The doctor got up and walked back to the fridge, this time taking a bottle of Smirnoff with him as he sat next to Greenwood who was struggling to open a bottle of beer.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] â??[i][b]Mi conejito, not like thatâ?¦ Unless you want to rip your hand openâ?¦[/b][/i]â? The doctor took the bottle from his friend and took a swig of his rummed up coke. Alejandro placed the bottle top on the edge of the table and brought his right hand down on the cap. With a pop the cap came off and lied deformed on the table, Stacey took the bottle from Alejandro and handed him another one while she placed a rag into the mouth of the opened bottle. â??[i][b]You havenâ??t changed, Ali.[/b][/i]â? Staceyâ??s voice quivered as the doctor drank up the remainder of his drink. He began pouring a glass of vodka after opening the third bottle for his friend. â??[i][b]The thing of it is mi conejito... Usted ha cambiado.[/b][/i]â? He answered as he began downing the Russian life water.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] â??[i][b]I knowâ?¦ That, Iâ??ve changedâ?¦ What have they done to me, Ali?[/b][/i]â? Greenwood asked her Latin friend, whose breath began to show signs of his hard drinking habit once again. â??[i][b]From what I could tell, they ripped most of your brain outâ?¦[/b][/i]â? The doctor began as he poured his second glass of vodka and began digging through his jacket, which Greenwood was still wearing. â??[i][b]â?¦ But why would they do such an atrocious thing to a sweet girl like you?[/b][/i]â? Dahlia wondered as she slowly made her way to the vodka bottle. [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] The nurse made eye contact with the doctor as he finished his second round and pointed into the glass with a look that said [i]If you would be so kindâ?¦[/i] To Severest and she poured Alejandro his next round and slowly dragged the bottles away from him. Santiago pulled out the metal flask from his coat as he waved the bottles away and then he gulped down the last of his poison and made his way back to the fridge. [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] â??[i][b]Wow doctor, congrats on being able to hold it all inâ?¦[/b][/i]â?Denbo commented which was met with a slight laugh from the Latino. â??[i][b]Gracias, Chris. Like I said, I donâ??t know yet guysâ?¦ If I have the time, we can open up my notes and start playing connect the dots.[/b][/i]â?Alejandro answered as he took a bottle of Jack Daniel's, and poured enough to fill his flask, he then finished by taking two massive gulps from the bottle, before screwing the lid back on and placing the bottle back in the fridge.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] â??[i][b]You donâ??t need a psych degree to figure out that our doctor might be battling his own demonsâ?¦[/b][/i]â? Denbo said to the other three who were on the far end of the fridges, once Alejandro was out of earshot.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] James walked over and handed Alejandro his crowbar back as the doctor placed the flask back into his pocket. As Santiago walked back to his barstool, the remaining three exclaimed, they had noticed something about Stacey. The bent bottle caps were floating off the table in front of her; which caused the doctor, in a state of suprise, to take the flask from his pocket and drink up the whiskey before going back to the fridge to rewrite a few lines back into his good book.[/font] Edited by Anakoni Stark

Dahlia stared at the floating bottle caps. "Stacey? Honey?"

The bottle caps dropped to the bar counter, Stacey having been distracted. "I'm awake." she said.

"Yes, honey, I can see that."

Chris took a deep breath. "So... of all things, a telekinetic has appeared in our midst." He looked to the back of the store as he finished sticking a rag into a bottle. "Looks like the Doc is still drowning his sorrows."

"Go talk to him, then." Dahlia replied, watching Stacey make more molotov cocktails. "He probably has a lot on his mind, like you pointed out earlier."

Chris stood from his assortment of bottles and rags. "Fine, I think I will. Let's just hope the Doc isn't having some sort of breakdown..."

Chris walked into the back of the store, where the doctor had a notebook out and his drink in hand. The notebook was closed, a sure sign the doc was thinking of something.

Chris walked over to the desk the doctor was sitting at, and hopped onto it. "So, what's eating you, Doc?"

The Doc shook his head. "Much, mi amigo."

Chris picked the bottle of hard stuff from the desk, and popped the top. He upended it into his mouth, taking a few deep long gulps. "Ahhhh..." he said wiping his mouth of the dribble. "That's better. Now, tell me. We can't have you have a breakdown on us. We all have to keep going." Chris smiled. "and we all are a team, after all. This little nightmare unfortunately isn't ending anytime soon."

[font=times new roman, times, serif] The doctor pushed the journal closer to Chris and flipped through it, before opening the bottle again and draining the poison into his system. Alejandro dropped the bottle of scotch as he stood up, Santiagoâ??s face looked a bit flushed as he could feel something come through when the bottle shattered on the ground; instinctively the doctor ran to the sink close to the bar area where the other three sat, weary of his next move. Santiago slouched himself over the sink and began retching from his bender, which caused Denbo to run to the Spaniardâ??s side to comfort him as the notebook slid onto the bar. â??[b][i]Doctor, you know you shouldnâ??t be singing Claptonâ??s Layla so muchâ?¦ We need you.[/i][/b]â? Chris rubbed Alejandroâ??s back as he vomited again while the group looked quizzically at Santiagoâ??s notes.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] With a sigh and a cough, the doctor came back up for air, grabbed a nearby napkin and wiped the excess off his mouth. â??[b][i]Por supuesto que esta pesadilla no va a terminar, mis amigosâ?¦[/i][/b]â? Ali answered his friends as they looked at the scrawled writing amidst a web chart with the phrase [i]La Muerte Verde [/i]as the centrepiece, with the remaining cells interconnected to the point of origin written in both English and Spanish. â??[b][i]I came across this virus the first time with this young womanâ?¦ That wasâ?¦ August, of last yearâ?¦[/i][/b]â? Ali pointed to the name Florence Williams before he continued. â??[b][i]I made the connections between Williams, another woman named Melanie Dietrich a month later, a gentleman by the name of Frank Cunninghamâ?¦ Novemberâ?¦ And my final was Gabriel De Santo in December.[/i][/b]â? The doctor tapped on the other three clusters with sketches of the patients faces, as he slipped a few mints into his mouth and pointed to a subsection, elsewhere on the chart labelled [i]Symptoms [/i]and the gang took a look at his notes on the infection pattern before he continued.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] â??[b][i]The weird thing is; they didnâ??t die of just rabiesâ?¦ I popped each skull and found that their brains had been alteredâ?¦ And not just as if was in a feverish state of delirium but as if the brain had treated the virus as proteins to help rebuild the specific lobes of the brain, while the body was in a state of rapid decayâ?¦[/i][/b]â? Thatâ??s when Chris raised his hand and the doctor shot him a sarcastic look. â??[b][i]¿Si, Chris?[/i][/b]â? The waiter smiled when he heard his name called. â??[b][i]What does this mean, doc?[/i][/b]â? Chris questioned as James laughed at the way the waiter interrupted the doctor in the midst of his lecture.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] â??[b][i]It means it destroyed most of the body while trying to overclock one of its most important components.[/i][/b]â?
â??[b][i]So that translates to that this isnâ??t a viral infection that occurs in nature, Ali?[/i][/b][i]â? [/i]Dahlia chimed in and the doctor nodded as he motioned for the bartender to turn the page. â??[b][i]My current hypothesis is that somebodyâ??s planning to use this virus to attack someone elseâ?¦[/i][/b]â? The doctor took a bottle of beer that Stacey was preparing for another Molotov and took a swig. â??[b][i]Dios, eso es asquerso! Cómo coño bebe esta basuraâ?¦[/i][/b]â? The doctor threw the bottle, back toward the fridges which caused James to add his two cents.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] â??[b][i]Doc, thatâ??s coming out of your tab.[/i][/b]â? The bartender retorted as the bottle shattered to the floor, while Santiago popped two more mints into his mouth and cleared his throat before he continued. â??[b][i]This brings me to patient zeroâ?¦[/i][/b]â? Alejandro pointed at the new page and the other three noticed that it was a sketch of their newfound telepathic friend. Stacey stuffed one last rag into a bottle, and then took her place next to Alejandro, where she instinctively grabbed for his hand. â??[b][i]Perhaps they tore up so much of your brain, Stacey, as a means to reverse the effects of the virusâ?¦[/i][/b]â? The doctor thought out loud as the other three admired the sketch of the young girl.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] â??[b][i]But it doesnâ??t explain how and or why she kicked so much ass at the hospital, or her latest victim, the guy that took Chris on a dateâ?¦ She didnâ??t flinch![/i][/b]â? James recalled their latest encounter with the infected and gave Greenwood a thumbs up review. â??[b][i]Iâ??m not one of themâ?¦[/i][/b]â? The brunette replied as her grip tightened on Alejandroâ??s hand. â??[b][i]What about the thing Stacey just did earlier?[/i][/b]â? Chris pointed at the scattered bottle caps and the team collectively sighed. â??[b][i]Those two variables are the ones I havenâ??t figured out yetâ?¦[/i][/b]â? The doctor pointed back at his notebook and the team saw the phrases [i]Mejoras Fisiológicas [/i]and [i]Brain scan â?? Missing Parts[/i] circled many times with question marks next to them.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif] â??[b][i]Pero estoy seguro de que vamos a resolverlo prontoâ?¦ ¿Bien, mi conejito?[/i][/b]â? Santiago answered as he looked at Stacey who looked at the team with a slight smile on her face. â??[b][i]We run the night.[/i][/b]â? The brunette replied as the others smiled, they knew they could count on her. â??[b][i]Alright I think weâ??ve had enough of this placeâ?¦[/i][/b]â? James replied as the doctor put his notebook back into his jacket pocket. â??[b][i]â?¦ Some of us more than othersâ?¦[/i][/b]â? Chris smiled and winked at the doctor, who replied with a slight laugh. â??[b][i]Well, letâ??s get to the roof and find helpâ?¦ I know Iâ??m not the only one whoâ??s in a desperate change of clothing.[/i][/b]â? Severest mused as she looked down at her torn skirt while the team made their way out of the liquor store and back on their route to the roof.[/font] Edited by Anakoni Stark

Chris had filled his bag to capacity with the molotovs, with his lighter out and ready to throw them at a moment's notice. The bar had had some matches, and now everyone had some, as well as a few molotovs of their own.

"So... I think the Mall security room is on the other side of the mall. There should be a rooftop ladder back in there." Chris said as they all walked the mall's well lit corridors. An Infected stumbled from one of the storefronts, this one dressed in a riot protection suit. An Ak-47 was strapped to the woman's leg. It seemed they had switched to lethal force due to the Infection reaching the Mall and those inside.

"Wow... they were packing some serious artillery here..." Chris commented. His face suddenly lit up. "Hey... We could get better guns if there's more of them around." Chris went running at the Zombie, and with a loud 'THACK!' sent the woman to the floor, her helmet rolling off. Chris swung his wrench up, and brought it down with all his might.

The woman didn't get up. He quickly began unstrapping the gun from her leg and was up again, smiling with his new toy in hand. Looking around, he saw they were coming up to the Mall courtyard. "Hey... That's a wide open space..." A sudden shattering of glass interupted him, and in came three men, all in dark work out clothes. They leaped down, and then back up out of sight.

"Damn... those things..."

Dahlia looked up, and around her. Her pipe hadn't been used yet, and so she thanked her stars. But, those three... things... they were like the ones before. "I am not falling to these bastards!" She said, her pip poised to strike. In the silence, she hear them, growling and sniffing the air. "Those things are completely bind now, you know. They've scratched out their eyes. I saw.. when one attacked me."

Chris nodded. "Guess what I hear?" he said. A cough and a wheeze came to their ears. "I hate those long tongued bastards, too."

Just then, from the passage leading tot the food court waddled a man, who appeared rather obese. Hid body ebbed and pulsed with pussy welts on his flesh. His clothing had been torn as a result of his suddenly bloated figure. He vomited, though this was no ordinary vomit. Pure bile was spewing from it's mouth, and it was getting quite a bit of distance on prijectile vomiting.

"I am not getting puked on by those things!" she said in a tone loud enough only for her friends to hear.

• 2 weeks later...
OOC: It's kinda funny to see Excel is the last to post in this when I started writing this. Don't worry, I won't let the good doctor or the pretty nurse die ^^ NPC TIME, yes? And hey, here's to you sweets ^^

"Give me that!" The blonde hissed, pointing at the weapon in his hands. "I am taking out everything that tries to claw me, eat me or barf on me or some icky icky other thing!" She snatched the weapon from his grasp, and the blonde cocked it. "I'm ready for take off. Lollipops? I have some." Reaching deep into one of her many pockets on her overcoat, she pulled some rather large lollipops. "I always have some." She bit the wrapper of one, and tore it away. It came off swiftly, and left naught but the stick within her fingers. She let the wrapper fall away from her teeth and it sailed away on the breeze of what could have been destiny. A bright orange lollipop was held within her teeth as she threw down the bundle of lollipops and began to unleash the weapon in her hands. A barrage of bullets assaulted the pathway from the courtyard. "Boom boom, freaks!" She cried almightily. "Starting with you, boomer boy!" She leveled the gun, and then blasted away at the oncoming horde from her words. She fired the gun mercilessly over and over, the bullets tracking a long distance through the assorted zombies and meeting their real targets. A hunter in mid-leap fell lifelessly to the ground, and the Boomer exploded, taking other zombies out with it.

Chris stared in awe of the blonde. "All this over clothing?" He smiled, and sighed. He began to fire into the zombies as well with his twin pistols. He stopped foring and then after reaching into his bag, he pulled a molotov out and sat his bag down for better gripping of the bottle multiple times. "Stacey! Where's the best place to toss one of these?"

Stacey smiled, and pointed in a direction in front of them. "Good enough for me!" he cried and flicked his lighter. Lighting the cloth rag on fire, his eyes blazed with mischief. "This is one house drink special that's sure to leave a mark." He lobbed one, and once it slammed into the ground, it lit all around it on fire. A small explosion ensured, followed by murky greenish smoke rising up into the air. "Bye, bye, Smoker..." Chris lit another and lobbed it. He pulled his pack of smokes from his pocket, and sighed. by this moment in time, the pack was completely crushed, leaving the fate of the cancer sticks inside to their fate. Tenderly opening the pack, he grimanced seeing all but one of the cigarettes inside were broken at the filter. His 'Lucky smoke' was the only one able to be salvaged. "Damn, I'll have to find more..." he commented to himself. He looked up in time to see more Infected headed at them, pouring out from the hall leading to the food court. "Everyone, seal off that passage! Throw some molotovs! The Infected are coming at us from the food court!" Chris called out, and lit two of the bottles in his bag before tossing them down the passage. They exploded into fiery goodness and began lighting the amassing Horde on fire. One by one, the rabid people fell in their tracks making for the Survivors. Overhead, the sudden sound of a helicopter came into frightening clarity.

"Attention to anyone in the Mall. The Mall is too dangerous to try and make a pick up from the roof. The Infected are now on the roof of Northwoods Mall. Make your way to Grand Prairie Shopping Mall for evacuation."

Chris groaned. "Just when we've thought we might get out of this... Everyone! We can make our way through the cemetary across the street or we can head back to my car. She needs gas, though, and won't be rolling for long if she doesn't get some..."