OtakuBoards

New Members: Introduce Yourselves Here

Charles

Welcome to OtakuBoards!

Hello! Just because you're new to OtakuBoards doesn't mean you have to be a stranger. After all, you're part of a pretty tight community now. You're going to be learning about us and we would like to reciprocate the effort by learning about you too.

Feel free to use this thread to tell us more about yourself. What are your hobbies? Why did you choose your user name? What are your favorite television shows? What kind of experience do you expect to have here at OtakuBoards? It's all up to you to decide what to tell us.

Also, if you have any questions about the site in general, feel free to include them in your post. We'll be glad to help you.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Edited by Allamorph
oops the merge feature is weird now

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]First[/B].

I am a new member. My interests include [B]art[/B], [B]counter-culture[/B], and the occasional [B]recreational drug use[/B].

I also enjoy [B]long walks on the beach[/B], [B]candlelit dinners[/B], and [B]donkey shows[/B].[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Hello, my name is ForsakenUndead. I actually signed up a few months ago but I forgot about this site, and then I remembered today and decided to check it out. I am a new member too, which is why I'm posting here (this thread must be new, because I don't remember it last time I was here)

i am a big time zombie fan. Even so, I haven't seen nearly as many zobie movies as you might think, because i am squirmish. I am also a big time fan of the anime Genshiken. I have heard that there is a second season coming out, too, so I am excited. [/COLOR]

I'm not exactly new (I used to post quite a bit a couple of years ago), but I've been lurking on and off since then. I'd be surprised if theres many people here who remember me now.

Long story short, I'm in the Air Force, currently based in North Dakota, but I'm moving to Germany in February.

Guest uhhhsirk
Hey...

Ya might know me from the site, but if not, I'm SIRK! ^_^'

:animesigh

I wasn't sure where to introduce myself, but I just guessed it was here.
:animenose

I'm pretty new to the manga-ish art...
but I love all kinds of art! ^_^'

I kinda got hooked into this crap with Bleach, then I switched to HITMAN REBORN.

:animeswea

Now...
My favorite manga are Gintama and Katekyo hitman reborn.

I sometimes watch FMA on tv...it's not really up my alley...
XP

just sayin hey...pretty much...

Guest uhhhsirk
My apologies...
Once again...
hadn't seen it...:animesigh

I'm usually the first to make a joke about this crap...
trust me on that one...<,<'

[color=#9933ff]Of COURSE I remember you LostProphet! How could I not? lol.

I'm also an off/on person, for any of you who haven't ever seen me. I joined in v4 (what version are we on now?), so I'm an oldie, but I feel like I miss a lot of stuff on these boards. lol. I'm a college freshman, and I'm majoring in environmental science, and I love all types of music (except for rap and hip hop and R&B)[/color]

[quote name='Charles']Hey, I just want to make a note here. It's perfecty fine for, you know, OtakuBoards members to welcome and converse with new members in here. Honestly, I don't know if I made that clear enough in the opening post, so that's my fault.[/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen]I was about to say...

This thread would be rather [B]boring[/B] without [B]banter[/B].[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Lethargy'][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen]I was about to say...

This thread would be rather [B]boring[/B] without [B]banter[/B].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I'm sorry if the thread came off as a place where people simply introduced themselves and no one could say anything back. This thread wouldn't be very welcoming if no one could say anything, hehe. So, we're going to be very relaxed in here. Like, if a new member mentions a band they like, then I don't see why someone who likes the same band can't welcome them and talk about it here.

I also like that we're seeing people who haven't posted in a while re-introducing themselves. That's a great use for this thread as well (I thought it was cool seeing Lost Prophet post).

Also if current members want to introduce themselves to new members then that'd be pretty cool. However you want to welcome 'em. Except for nude pics.

Unless you're female and over 18.

Just joking.

But seriously.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]in [B]that[/B] case...

[B]ForsakenUndead[/B] is [B]cool[/B] cuz he's posted in my [B]threads[/B] before. I [B]distinctly[/B] remember seeing [B]LostProphet[/B] before. [B]uuhsirk[/B] has a [B]poor[/B] sense of [B]direction[/B], lol. [B]Odin[/B] has [B]THE coolest name ever[/B]. And [B]Lethargy[/B] is a pretentious [B]bastard[/B]. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Charles']I'm sorry if the thread came off as a place where people simply introduced themselves and no one could say anything back.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Naw, I just hadn't got around to sayin' anythin' yet.

So hi!

[I]*cough*[/I]

So, [COLOR="DarkRed"]ForsakenUndead[/COLOR], I find it's kind of ironic how you're a squeamish zombie-movie fan and what. :p (Also, I probably would have recommended either a shorter username or one that [I]didn't[/I] abbreviate to FU.)

(Just sayin'.)

[B]Edit:[/B] Oh, and don't mind [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR]. He's a twerp.[/FONT]

[font=arial][size=1]I'll be the first oldie to introduce himself. :)

Hi, I'm Kevin. I joined in 2001. I left for a year and a half sometime around 2003 or 2004, when I rejoined. I was referred to here by my long-time best friend Zidane11, who got me all excited about this place before I even had internet, so when I finally got it, OtakuBoards was what the internet was all about! It still kind of is, the people are friendly (or at least unique, such as in DigitalBoy's case), and I've been lucky enough to get to know many of them very well.

I'm really passionate about creating, supporting, and listening to music. I listen to all kinds of stuff, but at the same time, nothing you've heard of. I originally came here because I loved Dragonball Z and Final Fantasy, and both series had their own separate forums, years back. Now I basically ***** at people in the music threads, talk about videogames, and read about what interesting anime are coming out (I don't ever post in that forum, though!).

I'm currently in college for an art degree, but I might transfer to a school where I can learn some about graphic and web design. I'm thinking that's what I want to do.

Buuuut I'm a pretty "go with the flow" type of person and I tend to just let my life take me down whatever road feels right at the time. I'm usually really nice, and I'm friends with maybe half of the staff and otherwise respectable people here. I don't really know how that happened.

Oh, and I [b]hate[/b] it when people [b]bold[/b] things they like or [b]even[/b] random [b]words[/b].[/font][/size]

[quote name='MistressRoxie'][color=#9933ff]Of COURSE I remember you LostProphet! How could I not? lol.[/color][/QUOTE]

Sadly....I think you're going to need to refresh MY memory lol

Also, I'm an odd man out here to an extent. I'm a Gamer, but I'm not huge on Anime or anything of the sort. I found the site through a buddy of mine a few years back.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Hell-o, my name is Nick and i like beaches and ho's.

I think it's essential that a person be a little vain in describing him/herself. And with that said! I'm the most incredible and amazing person you'll ever have the good pleasure to almost know! =D

I'm 19 and single. Hah... My current major is biomedical engineering. I'm very interested in science, art, anime, video games, Halo 3, stand up comedy, pr0n, my electric guitar, music (mainly punk and other forms of rock), and blah, and blah.

I'm also a fledgling skeptic. ;D
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='LostProphet']Sadly....I think you're going to need to refresh MY memory lol

Also, I'm an odd man out here to an extent. I'm a Gamer, but I'm not huge on Anime or anything of the sort. I found the site through a buddy of mine a few years back.[/QUOTE]
[color=#9933ff]*snerk* It's okay. I don't remember, exactly, where you used to hang out on OB. I wanna say Digimon, but you're a little too new for that. I remember seeing you in some interesting debate threads. (Some with Chabichou (sp?) perhaps?) I just thought it was cool you were in the air force.

[quote name='Charles']Also if current members want to introduce themselves to new members then that'd be pretty cool. However you want to welcome 'em. Except for nude pics.

Unless you're female and over 18.

Just joking.

But seriously.[/QUOTE]
Good thing you're kidding. Don't forget - I'm 18 now, and I'd smack you if I didn't know you were kidding. ...and I wouldn't smack you anywhere you'd like it, either.[/color]

[quote name='MistressRoxie'][color=#9933ff]*snerk* It's okay. I don't remember, exactly, where you used to hang out on OB. I wanna say Digimon, but you're a little too new for that. I remember seeing you in some interesting debate threads. (Some with Chabichou (sp?) perhaps?) I just thought it was cool you were in the air force.[/color][/QUOTE]

I joined in 2002, I gotta think back now lol

I guess I should post here.

I've been a member here on and off over the years, but I've been gone for over a year now, and mostly people will have forgotten about me.

Well, a new start wont hurt anyways, right?

I'm a senior in high school. I plan on going to college. I love anime and manga. I write poems, and I'm in the process of writing my own story. I draw off and on, mostly tribal looking things. I'm also an avid gamer.

So... yeah, that about sums it up I guess. I'm just glad to be back yo!!! lol