OtakuBoards

New Members: Introduce Yourselves Here

Charles

[quote name='DeLarge'][SIZE=1]What up, New Members?

I'll be the one talking a load of rubbish pretty much wherever you see my name pop up. And RPing, too - when I get the time, that is.

Hopefully I'll have some form of interaction with you in future.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

You sound cool, I look forword to our next meeting, jk...

[FONT="Arial"]I guess this is the place where you say you're new and all that jazz. I completely missed it until Crystia pointed it out to me. Sorry, I mean Indi.

So, my name is Nathan, literally. I live in SLC, Utah and work as a paramedic. I can't really say I'm into anime since other than to see movies like Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away, I don't really bother to follow anything.

You could say I'm more into reading and occasional gaming. I use to be more hard core, but work and other things come first now. I guess that about covers it. Nice to meet all of you. [/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Hey guys. I'm Syndrome, that's basically all you need to know.........anyways, I love Spongebob, Tekken, and Yu-Gi-Oh. I already checked out the Theater forum. Nice stories.:animesmil[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Hi and welcome everyone. We've got plenty of things to check out so I'm sure you'll find something that you enjoy. Just let us know if you need any help.

I see that [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR] finally managed to drag you here Nathan. That makes you victim number three I think. Or is it four? =P Oh and if you haven't figured it out, this is Beth.

Anyway, good to see you around in addition to everyone else. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Nathan'][FONT="Arial"]So, my name is Nathan, literally. I live in SLC, Utah and work as a paramedic. I can't really say I'm into anime since other than to see movies like Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away, I don't really bother to follow anything. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Welcome, Nathan. And may I be the first to say holy crap another Utah member.

:p[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='SunfallE][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Oh and if you haven't figured it out, this is Beth. [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Ah I see. Darren was pretty easy to spot along with Sabrina but for some reason your user name didn't register. Though once I read your post it made sense. [QUOTE=Ace][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Welcome, Nathan. And may I be the first to say holy crap another Utah member.

:p[/FONT][/QUOTE]Thank you. I'm sure it will be interesting around here.

I'll have you know that Utah is my current cover and not where I am from. That would be Idaho. I moved to Utah six years ago since there were better job opportunities for the kind of work I do.[/FONT]

Some people around here already know me, but I figured I'd introduce myself for the benefit of the general population.

I joined OB some time ago, but haven't been on in about a year, which is why it still says "New Member" under my name. :animeswea

I spend most of my time on theOtaku.com, but I finally decided to get my butt back over here and become a more active member.

As for things to know about me:
- Dude
- Womb-to-the-tomb Doctor Who fan
- Anime fan (around 51 shows, OVAs, and movies in my collection)
- Progressive music fan
- Bookworm

[quote name='TimeChaser']
- Womb-to-the-tomb Doctor Who fan
[/QUOTE]

[size=1]*Narrows eyes* Are you a fan of the oldie-series or the new one? Choose wisely!

Not that I would honestly hurt you for choosing one or the other (though I might call you an infidel again =p ), I was just curious considering I'm an avid oldies fan. You know, with all the cheap effects - gotta love the beginnings!

(I do love the new series though. David Tennant's a star - lost his appeal in the last season though because he had a obviously crap co-star).[/size]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]*Narrows eyes* Are you a fan of the oldie-series or the new one? Choose wisely!

Not that I would honestly hurt you for choosing one or the other (though I might call you an infidel again =p ), I was just curious considering I'm an avid oldies fan. You know, with all the cheap effects - gotta love the beginnings!

(I do love the new series though. David Tennant's a star - lost his appeal in the last season though because he had a obviously crap co-star).[/size][/QUOTE]

I grew up watching the show since I was 4 years old, watching it on PBS. :animesmil I remember "The Face of Evil" with Tom Baker was my very first story. I've been a fan for 23 years now. I adore the classic series.

(Although I disagree about Donna - I liked her way better than Rose :smirk: )

[size=1]Was the Face of Evil where the Doctor had his face carved in stone/a mountain? It's a long time since I watched Tom Baker! The Deadly Assassin has gotta be the best one of his series though.

Martha was probably best but Donna? Nah, David had no one to bounce off - the last series wasn't as good as the others methinks. Story had some potential, I reckon, but otherwise... it was just Catherine Tate. No one can take her seriously XD.

Oh and erm before I get in trouble for being off topic... welcome everyone![/size]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]Was the Face of Evil where the Doctor had his face carved in stone/a mountain? It's a long time since I watched Tom Baker! The Deadly Assassin has gotta be the best one of his series though.

Martha was probably best but Donna? Nah, David had no one to bounce off - the last series wasn't as good as the others methinks. Story had some potential, I reckon, but otherwise... it was just Catherine Tate. No one can take her seriously XD.

Oh and erm before I get in trouble for being off topic... welcome everyone![/size][/QUOTE]

Yes, his face was on the mountain. There was a godlike computer with a split personality and half of it thought it was the Doctor. And he met the warrior girl, Leela.

I don't Martha's potential was used well enough. She didn't get much chance to apply her medical skills.

But anyway, yes, welcome to all! :animesmil

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='TimeChaser']- Womb-to-the-tomb Doctor Who fan[/QUOTE]I meant to do this earlier but... >_>

[I][SIZE="1"]*chains you to OtakuBoards* [/SIZE][/I]

<_< Now that you're here we'll never let you go. We need more Dr. Who fans! :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='DeLarge'][SIZE=1]You called, SunfallE?

We need a Doctor Who horn that shall be blown from the highest mountain in OtakuLand, and all the fans across the 'Boards shall be united.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]You mean, like, the five of us that skill exist? XD[/size]

[COLOR="Purple"]Hey all. I'm new to the Otaku board but not so much to forums, I used to post on the VdeioBleach forums so anyone who knows about that might know Ray-Ray (me) I've been listening to the podcast and I thought I'd check out the Forums, so yeah this is me. If you wanna know more just ask I'm happy to answer questions.
LoLo away *flys off* [b]Zoom[/b][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...