OtakuBoards

New Members: Introduce Yourselves Here

Charles

Hey guys!

I'm summercrane and new to otakuboards! I come from Australia and am studying a double degree in Arts and Education, only two years to go...grrr...I love music, movies, books and history. Anyway you guys all seem really nice and I hope to make heaps of wonderful friends here.

My name is... well, my title is SachiroUchiha!! (obviously) I live in Australia..

I love Sasuke, of course, irrationally!
I like watching Fruits Basket, Love Hina, Noir (go Kirika!), and especially Full Metal Panic... (yay Souske and Kaname!)
I just started Rurouni Kenshin (yummy Kenshin Himura), but I'm sadly lacking the sources to watch more than 10 eps per time.

Anyways, nice to meet you all!! If you ever have time, please stop by at my world
"Sachiro's "Inner" Thoughts!"... and read my story called "Solitude". Unfortunately, it's not published in the fanfic area, but if you find my world, you should be able to read it. I'd really love some feedback, because I worked really heard tuning myself into Sasuke's head!

I'm new at theOtaku, too, so it would be nice to have some new friends....

I'll see you people around!!

[quote name='SachiroUchiha']My name is... well, my title is SachiroUchiha!! (obviously) I live in Australia..

I love Sasuke, of course, irrationally!
I like watching Fruits Basket, Love Hina, Noir (go Kirika!), and especially Full Metal Panic... (yay Souske and Kaname!)
I just started Rurouni Kenshin (yummy Kenshin Himura), but I'm sadly lacking the sources to watch more than 10 eps per time.

Anyways, nice to meet you all!! If you ever have time, please stop by at my world
"Sachiro's "Inner" Thoughts!"... and read my story called "Solitude". Unfortunately, it's not published in the fanfic area, but if you find my world, you should be able to read it. I'd really love some feedback, because I worked really heard tuning myself into Sasuke's head!

I'm new at theOtaku, too, so it would be nice to have some new friends....

I'll see you people around!![/QUOTE]
Invasion of the aussies tonight haha! Where in aus are you from? I'm from QLD

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Well, I've been a member of TheO for quite sometime and I thought I'd pop over here and see what TheBoards were all about.

My interests include: oranges, confetti, comedy anime, adventure or action manga and the occasional kick-back-and-relax kind of day.

'Til then, I'll just keep getting accquainted with this forum. ^_^[/COLOR]

[quote name='GodlyGuardian'][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Well, I've been a member of TheO for quite sometime and I thought I'd pop over here and see what TheBoards were all about.

My interests include: oranges, confetti, comedy anime, adventure or action manga and the occasional kick-back-and-relax kind of day.

'Til then, I'll just keep getting accquainted with this forum. ^_^[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Welcome! We're always happy to have new anime fans here. We are in the process of building up our anime forums, so hopefully you'll stick around for that. ~_^

Other than that, I'd highly recommend checking out the creative writing areas (like the Theater) and the Art Studio (especially Signature of the Week and Graphic Worm).

If you have any issues feel free to send me a PM or create a thread in the Info Kiosk forum.

This goes to other new recruits too! Welcome, everyone. :catgirl:[/font]

I'm by no means new, but as my sidebar is currently telling me, I haven't been here since 2006.
And being now 2009, I'd say it's quite time to reintroduce myself.

I've been a member of TheO since '04.
I'm an 18 year old girl who's attracted to girls.
I'm a pretty laid back person and enjoy conversations, whether they be small talk or in depth discussions.
When it comes to anime/manga, I'm a fan of action, mecha, horror, and the absurd (Excel Saga, Azumanga).

My favorite characters EVAR are Jin [I](Yu Yu Hakusho)[/I], Kaitou Kid [I](Detective Conan)[/I], Goku [I](Saiyuki)[/I], Watanuki [I](xxxHolic)[/I], and Sanosuke [I](Kenshin)[/I].

And I guess that's all for now.

[quote name='NinjaGirlSango']
I'm a pretty laid back person and enjoy conversations, whether they be small talk or in [/QUOTE]

[size=1]*high fives*

Haha don't worry, I didn't just ignore everything else you posted, I'm just working on being more friendly =3.

Welcome to all the new members. I've seen a few of your faces around here now and then so here's an official hello from me... you don't get 'em all too often.[/size]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]*high fives*

Haha don't worry, I didn't just ignore everything else you posted, I'm just working on being more friendly =3.

Welcome to all the new members. I've seen a few of your faces around here now and then so here's an official hello from me... you don't get 'em all too often.[/size][/QUOTE]

Heh, thank you.
:3

*right back at'cha*

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]
[/size][/QUOTE]

The new members thread has just become the lesbian forum. Way to go Vicky.:wow:

Ha.

So I just found this, and I've been in here for months... so I'm saying hello I suppose... though I'm sure most of you are aware of my hijinks.

I don't think I've ever used that word in a sentence before.

[quote name='NinjaGirlSango']I'm by no means new, but as my sidebar is currently telling me, I haven't been here since 2006.
And being now 2009, I'd say it's quite time to reintroduce myself.

I've been a member of TheO since '04.
I'm a pretty laid back person and enjoy conversations, whether they be small talk or in depth discussions.
When it comes to anime/manga, I'm a fan of action, mecha, horror, and the absurd (Excel Saga, Azumanga).

My favorite characters EVAR are Jin [I](Yu Yu Hakusho)[/I], Kaitou Kid [I](Detective Conan)[/I], Goku [I](Saiyuki)[/I], Watanuki [I](xxxHolic)[/I], and Sanosuke [I](Kenshin)[/I].

And I guess that's all for now.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Welcome! Good to see you back. :catgirl:

As always if you have any questions/queries, feel free to PM me if you like. Or you can ask a Moderator for help if you ever have any issues.

Hope you enjoy the place - and it's good to see more manga fans too. Our little Manga Alley needs the support![/font]

[quote name='Mr. Blonde']The new members thread has just become the lesbian forum. Way to go Vicky.:wow:[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Quiet you, I'm trying to make an army here.

You do realise, being Mr [i]Blonde[/i] (Blond is for men!) you're now the Drag Queen DJ. Your name suits it and everything. Don't fight it, boy.[/size]

[quote name='Mr. Blonde']The new members thread has just become the lesbian forum. Way to go Vicky.:wow:[/quote]
[SIZE=1]
What kind of man are you, Blonde? [I]Complaining [/I]about lesbians?! For shame...

Just to stay on topic, welcome to the New Members and the old ones who haven't been on for ages! I hope you realise you can never leave now...
[/SIZE]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]Quiet you, I'm trying to make an army here.

You do realise, being Mr [i]Blonde[/i] (Blond is for men!) you're now the Drag Queen DJ. Your name suits it and everything. Don't fight it, boy.[/size][/QUOTE]

my next username is going to be: Priscilla Queen of the Desert

Blonde with an 'e' just looks better.

[COLOR="DimGray"]Man, I don't remember this existing last time I was here... Huh.

Anyway: I'm David Grohl. I'm 17, and Canadian. I'm an entirely unflamboyant queer, honest. I'm into pretty-much everything; movies are my dish, but I've also got a thing for music and literature. Art, less so, but noone's perfect. I'd say sci-fi is where my heart lies, especially the works of William Gibson, Dan O'Bannon, early Ridley Scott, whathaveyou. Kit Fisto is my homeboy.

I'm kind of all over the place, personality wise. I get down on myself real easy, and when I am I'm quiet and subdued and all that. When I'm feeling it, I'm loud and kind of abrasive. Nothing special, really.

I play the drums, poorly. I have an extensive DVD collection, which is my baby.

My username? I love Dave Grohl. He's the best drummer without a celestial body for a last name. I'm drawn to everything he's ever done, without even knowing it. Nirvana sucked, I thought, but wow the drumming was awesome; turns out it's Dave Grohl. Only Queens of the Stoneage album I like, find out later that Dave Grohl was the drummer for it. Tenacious D? Dave Grohl. And so on... it's kinda ridiculous.

[quote name='Mr. Blonde']my next username is going to be: Priscilla Queen of the Desert[/QUOTE]

I approve of this reference.[/COLOR]

[quote name='David Grohl'][COLOR="DimGray"]My username? I love Dave Grohl. He's the best drummer without a celestial body for a last name. I'm drawn to everything he's ever done, without even knowing it. Nirvana sucked, I thought, but wow the drumming was awesome; turns out it's Dave Grohl. Only Queens of the Stoneage album I like, find out later that Dave Grohl was the drummer for it. Tenacious D? Dave Grohl. And so on... it's kinda ridiculous.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I was wondering if your username was your actual name or a reference to Dave Grohl... Guess I found my answer. You lucked into one of the most awesome celebrity names ever!!! Good for you and welcome to the boards.

hey, my names dawood and i'm an anime/manga fan and new to otaku (i feel like i'm intoducing my self to alcoholics annoymous)... i'm 20, and i'm a big fan of one piece.. i'm what you would call a one piece-ologist... but i like other manga too.. including DBZ... which was the first anime i had ever watched.. it sort of opened the door... i also read the bleach manga but the mangaka of that is really annoying me because if takes forever to get the good part of the story line because he uses up like a page at a time... also naruto... oh and gintama which is the funniest anime ever!! i'm always interested in making friend... so any shy otaku out their who need a buddy message me any time.. ohh any reccomendation for good anime/manga i can watch/read???

[font=franklin gothic medium]A One Piece-ologist, eh? Sounds good.

Welcome to OB, guys. We hope you enjoy it here.

d4wood, if you want some good anime/manga recommendations I recommend checking out Anime Central and Manga Alley. I know for sure that Anime Central has a fantastic recommendations thread, but I'm not sure about Manga Alley - worth checking them both out anyway![/font]

If you're a big fan of One Piece d4wood, then look up Ace, I'm thinking he's another big fan of the series. And again, welcome to OtakuBoards.

Welcome back Manic Webb. That's a long time to be away. o_O That's from before I even joined so I look forward to seeing you around. :catgirl:

Hello to all who may be listening,

I am the greatest entity this world or any for that matter has ever seen, though for my own protection and yours I will refer to myself only as Dirti_Munky. It is both a pleasure and a privilege to lend my knowledge and experience to those of you located here on Otaku Boards. I hope that I can speak with everyone at some point or another though for now I am happy just to introduce myself.

I specialize in many things, though I find myself drawn to anime and manga more then anything else for hobbies. I am active and have many other hobbies besides though I always find myself upset when I miss an episode of anime or if a manga release date is pushed back. I have the OST to every anime I have ever had the pleasure of owning and I like to find art books and compilations whenever they are available.

Contrary to much belief I am not God, I am not a psychotic masochistic murderer, I am not a generic sub race for your amusement. I am human, I am a little crazy though do not announce to the world what colour my underwear may be at this moment *ahem* green *ahem*, and I only wish I could be cross bred with other creatures.

I will be a nuisance when I deem it is required though only within the bounds of rules and regulations. If your left shoe goes missing, It was me. If you find a nasty surprise that happens to be lit on fire on your front porch, it was me. If you get a knock knock knocking at your door near 2am, it was me. If your cat is clean shaven, it wasn't me though it would be me wishing I had done it or thought of it. This is what I am, I like to play "Dirti".

Oh and if there is anything I can ever do for you send it to me to be filed. I have three types. Don't care, Garbage, and it seems interesting and I will take a look at it in three to four weeks.

[color=green][size=1]Yay~ another noob enters the forum. I hope to stay here for a while and since I currently do not have the patience to talk about myself in paragraph form due to laziness, I will find a survey somewhere to introduce myself:

[b]Name:[/b] Munky
[b]Birthday:[/b] March 18 (remember that, kiddies ;D)
[b]Hobbies:[/b] Singing, dancing, drawing, basketball, GFX, photography, pretty much anything that has to do with spatial and creative intellect.
[b]Favourite food:[/b] I'll eat anything as long as it hasn't rot...and as long as it's vegetarian.
[b]Occupation:[/b] Student
[b]Anything else you want us to know about you:[/b] I like keeping up with politics as much as I can as long as it doesn't get boring. Pop-culture mildly interests me to a certain extent. I have my own language but I was told that people here do not like people who speak their own tongue so I shall restrain myself. If I fail to mention anything else, well, you'll get to know me so~ mm`hmm.
[/color][/size]
:rotflmao:

[font=franklin gothic medium]Two munkies?! ~_^

Welcome guys! Good to see you.

Love your banner, Just Munky. Hope you will check out the Graphic Worm project - it could be right up your alley (or you could just enter that in the weekly banner contests - I'm sure you'd be a strong new entrant!)

And Dirti_Munky, you could be the first new OBer to mention their underwear and its colour in an intro post! Kudos to you. You may yet be on the way to Otakupedia.[/font] :catgirl:

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]
And Dirti_Munky, you could be the first new OBer to mention their underwear and its colour in an intro post! Kudos to you. You may yet be on the way to Otakupedia.[/font] :catgirl:[/QUOTE]

*bows* I would be honoured if such instances were to occur

Well I used to go by the name Inuyasha7271 and Inuyasha7575 when I was on the boards but as you see new name.

I am a fan of animes l see here and there but more willing to read a manga than sit down an watch an anime. This is my first time logging on in awhile and first time posting a serious post in about forever a year and some months.

Name: Anthony
Birthday: August 18th
Hobbies fav. anime/manga: I like to hang out with friends and just relax fav animes and mangas are:
[LIST=1]
[*]One Piece
[*]Eyeshield 21
[*]Naruto
[*]Cross Over
[*]Gash Bell
[*]Mahou Sensei Negima
[*]Desire Climax
[*]Kikider
[*]Paranoia Agent
[*]Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi Universe
[*]Outlaw Star