OtakuBoards

New Members: Introduce Yourselves Here

Charles

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Konnichiwa minna-san! My name is Christian, I'm 21 years old and from Denmark. I've been in love with Japanese culture for a many years, anime, comedy - especially Gaki No Tsukai. In 2011 I got to travel to Japan and now I'm just hungering for more :D.

With that said, I'm fairly new to a anime/manga centric forum, so I might be a slow starter.

I'm lacking some friends with whom I can talk and discuss anime with, that drove me towards this site, firstly theOtaku.com site ofc..

I'm hoping to meet friendly new people that I can talk and discuss with =).

- Darklight55

Hi everyone!

I am Aoije from Indonesia. I am an anime fan since young and manage to become an Otaku for a year in Japan while studying in the language school. I enjoy drawing, taking photo (especially cosplayers and landscape) and reading manga too. I hope to make new friends in here and get the chance chat about anime/manga and your experiences in Akiba ^^v

Cheers guys

Aoije

Hey and welcome to OB!

Just so you're aware, you can edit posts to include more information instead of making a new post each time you have something else to add ^_^

Hey and welcome to OB!

Just so you're aware, you can edit posts to include more information instead of making a new post each time you have something else to add ^_^

i know but i just wanted to be different >:3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hallo! You're welcome to call me whatever you like, although most of my friends call me Misa. I'm fifteen and I'm from southern California, although I've lived in Washington for the past couple of years. I've been into anime ever since I can remember, when I was younger though the circumstances didn't allow me to really get into anime and manga and all that good stuff. I draw, wouldn't say I'm all that great at it but I do enjoy it. I'm fairly familiar with forum sites, although I must say I usually only stick to avatar communities just for the simple fact that it's like, a mini you or something. Cx

I don't really have one favorite anime, I like a ton, although I do have a problem with actually finishing a series. My favorite genre's are horror, action, and comedy, and I positively love yaoi and yuri- sadly there aren't many good animes for it so I usually read the manga. I'm also into JRock and KPop, my favorite Japanese group would probably be The GazettE or Girugamesh, Koda Kumi is awesome as well, however that's not in the rock genre. I don't really have a favorite Korean group, but I do love Big Bang and B.A.P., don't know anyone from latter though. Another thing I enjoy- roleplays. Sadly I have a problem posting and people must constantly remind me.

Anyway, it's nice to meet'chu~ :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's up people!

I'm Marlon aka Wakashi....

I like to draw, rock climb, play videogames, and do other mulitmedia stuff.

I also co-host an anime podcast with a friend that we started a year ago called Anime On Top!

I knew about Otakuboards for years, but didn't join since I didn't know anyone here. 

My main reason for joining Otakuboards was to try to get in touch with some if any of the awesome people who once did the amazingness that is The Otakuboards Podcast.

If anyone would like to talk anime with me or even on my podcast when we record, here's my skype name: wakashi_ml7

If you want to email me: [email protected]

Thanks for all the awesome memories you gave to me and many others with The Otakuboards Podcast!

I hope to say "What's up!" with some of you guys eventually.

To end this introduction of mine, here's a drawing I finished recently:

high-750338-20130614055501.jpg

Konichiwa! I'm SweeTea, and you can call me Tea-chan. I'm a member on theOtaku as well.
I noticed this forum a while back, and never really gave the thought of joining it. But now, I wanted to give it a try and because the people here seem pretty friendly. I have viewed some of the threads on this forum, and I have to say.. that they are very interesting and makes me eager to comment in some of them. ã?½(ï½¥â??ï½¥)ï¾?

I'm interested in Books, Music and Photography. â?¥ I have an obsession with anime & manga, and the colors that I love are bright and pastel. I hope I have a very nice time here, and I look forward to everyone's posts and opinions! Just saying, I will probably be a little inactive but I will try my best to pay a visit here as much as possible. ^^;

Hello, all! As you might expect, I'm a fan of Japanese culture, especially otaku stuff. That said, I've never really been a part of any otaku community. So, I hope I can make a few friends, learn a bit more about the culture, and get some advice on various anime and manga to check out.

I actually recently moved to Japan with my husband on military assignment. I'm living about an hour outside of central Tokyo. I love it here and I've been seeing as much as I can, but I hardly know where to start to really make the most of my stay. I've visited a couple of temples, been to the otaku mecca of Akihabara once, and done a few other touristy type things. I welcome any suggestions.

Let's see... I like a lot of older anime like Trigun, My Neighbor Totoro, Slayers, and Blue Gender. I was surprised to find that I also loved Prince of Tennis (subbed, not dubbed -- really makes a difference with that one). I've read one or two manga but they're just so expensive for the amount of time it takes me to read a volume that I haven't really gotten into them. I'm also a fan of classic Pokemon (they lost me after 101 ;P ), Puzzle and Dragons (silly little monster catching / bejeweled game that's mad popular in Japan), Kirby, Skyrim, Mass Effect, SimCity (5)... Doctor Who, Star Trek, Babylon 5, My Little Pony: FIM...

I'm trying to learn Japanese, as well, written and spoken, but the Japanese language learning forums tend to be a bit, well, boring. So, if �な�は話�ま��I could use the practice. :P

That's about it for introductions. Any advice on where I should start around here? :)

Hey guys! My name's Evan. I secretly love anime (Shhhh! Dont tell anyone....). I'm coming from Georgia. I love anything music or music related! I hope I can make a lot of new friends on this site. :D Sorry if I'm being vague, Im never really good at introducing myself. :P Also Miku. Hatsune. Is. Amazing. :3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! I'm Defiant, I'm a student from Seattle. I've been into manga and anime for the vast majority of my life. I'm also into theatre, dancing, and martial arts. I'm hoping to become an active member of this community, and I ernestly look forward to getting to know you all. I'm open to new friends and expierences, and I'm a decently open person. See you out there.

-Defiant

• 5 weeks later...