OtakuBoards

FF7 Revenge

TheGodlyME

I sadly just got this great game about a week ago, and have been avidly playing it for the past three days. I don't know if I've gotten very far, but I know that I've encountered hinderances. The point of this topic being, that I've finally exacted my revenge on one of them. That is; I went back with the sole purpose of destroying the annoying giant snake in the marshes, and that's what I did. This thirst for revenge is something that I don't normally feel while playing these sort of games. I would like to know if there will be anymore situations in which this sort of thing occur, and if so, will the thing keep coming back? :demon:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuffie must die! She took all my materia and ran away. I'm luckily able to keep from using profanity, but it REALLY makes me mad. I mean, most of the materia is level three! I found her three times and the cage already fell, but what happens after that? AHHHHHHH, I WANT TO [I]KILL[/I] HER!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by TheGodlyME [/i]
[B]Yuffie must die! She took all my materia and ran away. I'm luckily able to keep from using profanity, but it REALLY makes me mad. I mean, most of the materia is level three! I found her three times and the cage already fell, but what happens after that? AHHHHHHH, I WANT TO [I]KILL[/I] HER!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

go to the top of wutei where the pagoda and godo's house is, you will see a door has opened on the left where the dog is looking at, ring the bell, and a passage will open up, you can follow the rest from there....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

go to the top of wutei where the pagoda and godo's house is, you will see a door has opened on the left where the dog is looking at, ring the bell, and a passage will open up, you can follow the rest from there.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[B]Flexing your FF knowledge muscle again? Hehehe I personally hated that massive great big fat lizard monster. So I created another file and cheated with the explorer (I never normally cheat until I have completed it or have created another save for fun), got my levels to 100, all materia. And whooped that sorry lizards backside. Boy did it feel good........[/B]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B]

[B]Flexing your FF knowledge muscle again? Hehehe I personally hated that massive great big fat lizard monster. ...[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

what can I say? I can't seem to stop, lol....

yeah, the first time through the game it took me a few go's before I could take him down, those bolt plumes proved to be rather useful....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i didnt have that big of a problem in FF 7 was too ez... sept breeding... if you never reset ;) and never got S-class lol...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

FFVII... to easy? Not as easy as FFVIII PSHHH!!! easist FF game ever.

Now with the lizard thing, i suspect you mean Rapps (Cause you were talking about yuffies side quest) Don cornelo's little 'pet'. For him i just use TS Bombs, they take him down so eaisily, they are Demi 2 in an item (Very handy).

But if you are infact talking about the obvious Midgar Zolem, He his very hard to beat on level 16... yet... i have done it... With Metor Storm of coarse :P, but i still did it, 'twas hard 'twas very hard.

Oh yeah... i'm back :)

[color=indigo]Rapps? That thing was easy. Just use Barret's Mind Blow Limit Break (Level 1) on it and then, like Sephiroth said, use items that cast level 2/3 spells on it.

Has anybody ever made it through the swamp, past the Midgar Zolom, on foot? My brother did one time, because he didn't have enough Gil to buy the Chocobo Lure Materia when he got to the Chocobo Ranch.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Rapps? That thing was easy. Just use Barret's Mind Blow Limit Break (Level 1) on it and then, like Sephiroth said, use items that cast level 2/3 spells on it.

Has anybody ever made it through the swamp, past the Midgar Zolom, on foot? My brother did one time, because he didn't have enough Gil to buy the Chocobo Lure Materia when he got to the Chocobo Ranch.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, I did, later on, when I was a lot stronger, I just did it for fun, and for the enemy skill beta....

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yea i did it on foot... the first time threw... do you know how long it took and how many items it took *cringe* anyway it is impossible on foot untill your slightly farther into the game he is too strong u might if your lucky kill one but not all them and i think you have to fight like 3 to get across![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=indigo]hmmm i'm surprised you didn't know safer...

To get acroos the midgar zolom swamp at level 1 if you wanted do this:

wait until hes at one side of the swamp and your at the other. walk as far as you can until he almost hits you. go into your menu really quick before he hits you. save and turn off. turn it bnack on and he should be somewhere else.... you may not make it across this time but just repeat what i wrote up above... and voila! you're across. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B][COLOR=indigo]wait until hes at one side of the swamp and your at the other. walk as far as you can until he almost hits you. go into your menu really quick before he hits you. save and turn off. turn it bnack on and he should be somewhere else.... you may not make it across this time but just repeat what i wrote up above... and voila! you're across. [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[B]I just tried that now. I pressed the menu button a little late and still came up with the battle, where I consequently got my backside kicked. The Lizard (I'll just call him that) isn't that hard, you can get strong moves in easily... But once it's his turn to attack you might as well reset the game if you're on a low level... His attacks are devastating. (it did 7000 damage to me and my hp is only 550 max.)[/B]

[b]7000? LOL
As you get stronger, you get better Defence too. It only hurts about 400 Max. hehe
My Tifa could it on, and she's not even in my party, hehe.

The stupid thing about the Zolom is that there's only supposed to be one. I fought it (stupid me got off my chocobo halfway across the marsh, first time round) and killed it only just. Then when I had walked it to the other side, I see Sephiroth has impaled it. I save after tent.
Then I turn round, and it looks like it's still there. So I check, and it's still alive enough to kill me.
:( [/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]7000? LOL
As you get stronger, you get better Defence too. It only hurts about 400 Max. hehe
My Tifa could it on, and she's not even in my party, hehe.

The stupid thing about the Zolom is that there's only supposed to be one. I fought it (stupid me got off my chocobo halfway across the marsh, first time round) and killed it only just. Then when I had walked it to the other side, I see Sephiroth has impaled it. I save after tent.
Then I turn round, and it looks like it's still there. So I check, and it's still alive enough to kill me.
:( [/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]Thats a great thing! you have cid, cloud, tifa on your party with there triple growth weapons and have one of those auto controllers and at like lvl 50 with both final attack and phenix(sp?) in some ones slots, have the auto controller thing on auto X and he keeps coming back... 75 ap always... you leave it on for a few days and boom... all the meteria they had on is mastered... [/COLOR]

[b]That's still seems pretty high,....but another question to do with FF7 (but not the topic):

When Cloud (not the Mod) goes paralysed, and doped up, and then goes OK again, after Tifa visits his mind and clears out his memories and lies, or whatever,....did his HP drop for you?
Because I think when I played the first time through (and only time through) I think on mine, his HP dropped from about 2500 to about 1750 or something.
I have a faint memory of getting angry at Cloud for being so crappy.[/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]That's still seems pretty high,....but another question to do with FF7 (but not the topic):

When Cloud (not the Mod) goes paralysed, and doped up, and then goes OK again, after Tifa visits his mind and clears out his memories and lies, or whatever,....did his HP drop for you?
Because I think when I played the first time through (and only time through) I think on mine, his HP dropped from about 2500 to about 1750 or something.
I have a faint memory of getting angry at Cloud for being so crappy.[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

all his materia, such as hp/mp plus was removed, that is why his hp dropped....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]No no no, that's not what I meant... What I meant was, has anyone ever made it through the swamp, on foot, without fighting the Midgar Zolom? And without cheating, by saving and resetting it.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

and like I said, yes, but not until a little later on when I was a bit stronger....

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]errrrr isnt that impossible... to actually not fight him? he is like twice as fast you at the very least... nothing you can do will get you away from him... and well... i dunno it is just impossible w/o cheating[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

and like I said, yes, but not until a little later on when I was a bit stronger.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Impossible. You must of had to fight him though... [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

[color=indigo]Impossible. You must of had to fight him though... [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, it *is* possible to do it, you just need very good timing, and you have to know where to cross... *shrugs* Well, I did, anyway..