OtakuBoards

FF7 Revenge

TheGodlyME

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

Actually, it *is* possible to do it, you just need very good timing, and you have to know where to cross... *shrugs* Well, I did, anyway.. [/B][/QUOTE]

*nods*

correct, you have to follow the mountain at the top of the sand, and know the right places to stop at, but you also have to be about level 18 at the very least I think, he fights you if your under it....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]I didn't make it on foot... I fought the Midgar Zolom and lasted... about a minute :whoops:

Anyway, what I don't get is when you cross and go into that cave, there is the Midgar Zolom impaled, and then when you go out again, its there! Is this a glitch or something, because it's... weird... I got scared when I saw him again, so I ran on foot, and that's when I died :p[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I didn't make it on foot... I fought the Midgar Zolom and lasted... about a minute :whoops:

Anyway, what I don't get is when you cross and go into that cave, there is the Midgar Zolom impaled, and then when you go out again, its there! Is this a glitch or something, because it's... weird... I got scared when I saw him again, so I ran on foot, and that's when I died :p[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

there's more than one midgar zolom, the english version was just worded wrong, in the japanese version when you talk to choco billy's grandad, he says to watch out because there are midgar [I]zoloms[/I] out there....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]7000hp?! are you kidding? the midgar zoloms maximum attack is beta which does 3000 max if your at a very low level.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[B]I fought him again and he did an attack that did 5750 to one of my team. [/B]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]you probably had materia on him that helped with your HP... and when you got him back it was no longer on him! at least that is what i think happened ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]Up til after that point, I never actually knew there even [i]was[/i] a HP Plus materia, lol.
See, I got kinda sick of the sight of Cosmo Canyon (you would too if you got stuck for months)
Anyway, I never had HP Plus materia before that, so it wasn't that :)
In fact, I loaded him with the most powerful magic I had, so his HP should've been low at the start!
That confuses me even more....*shrugs*[/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

Actually, it *is* possible to do it, you just need very good timing, and you have to know where to cross... *shrugs* Well, I did, anyway.. [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly, i have played the game about 20-30 times and i have used the chocobo to cross about 3-4 times. It's actually extremely easy to get across with out one, just time it right, and no where to start and finish. Peice of cake. :p

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Voodookanaka
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herman Nation [/i]
[B][COLOR=blue]kuja is right ff7 was definately the easyiest...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

nope definately hardest too many status effects which ur unable to protect against no matter what lvl unlike both 8,9 and 10 where u can have multiple abilities to stop different status effects, meaing it is much easier to die

complete opposite of revenge, i found it hard to hurt the turks, i liked them all too much, i used to deliberately let them kill me. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B][COLOR=indigo]hmmm i'm surprised you didn't know safer...

To get acroos the midgar zolom swamp at level 1 if you wanted do this:

wait until hes at one side of the swamp and your at the other. walk as far as you can until he almost hits you. go into your menu really quick before he hits you. save and turn off. turn it bnack on and he should be somewhere else.... you may not make it across this time but just repeat what i wrote up above... and voila! you're across. [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

....that is cool I never noticed that lol...

yeah I do feel like I have to get revenge sometimes. lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Final Flash, Sephiroth, and NeoCactuar are right. I too have crossed the swamp w/o a chocobo. I never thought of the save/reload thing though.

Saves you about a half-hour crossing w/o a chocobo than with a chocobo early on in the game (hey, when you have low-level guys, catching a chocobo that early in the game is very difficult! Of course, my guys are no longer at a low level but...).

Another character who i need further revenge on... Don Corneo... Man that guy is a loser (to say the least).

Of course i dont know which is worse, Don Corneo prancing around or Palmer dancing around and singing "Tra-la-la!" and firing that stupid Mako gun of his at me. I have my revenge on Palmer already (bless that truck) though.

Not just the turks were hard to fight, but Rufus too. On the other hand, he spent more than half the battle laughing at me...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mystfalcon25 [/i]
[B] I have my revenge on Palmer already (bless that truck) though[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]Yet we'll never know where the truck came from (they had trucks then??? o.O) or what happened to it after that battle.... [/COLOR]

[color=indigo]I didn't have any problem trashing on the Turks, or Rufus... Even if I do think the Turks are cool... For Rufus, he didn't even get to attack. One Climhazzard Limit Break, and the fight was over... :devil:

You don't need a Chocobo to cross the marsh... and you don't need to stop or save and reset the game, either... It's possible to go straight across, all at once, on foot. That's what my brother did, and he didn't even do it all the way up against the mountains, either. I'm not sure what level he was at, though.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I didn't have any problem trashing on the Turks, or Rufus... Even if I do think the Turks are cool... For Rufus, he didn't even get to attack. One Climhazzard Limit Break, and the fight was over... :devil:

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

most people tend to have just gotten cross-slash at that part of the game....

I didn't get Climhazzard until Cosmo Canyon... I suppose you could have Climhazzard, if you trained for about the entire game :cross: ...

Actually, I dont remember if I had Cross-slash or Blade Beam at that part of the game... It was one of the two. I certainly didn't have Climhazzard.

And about the truck, they had motorcycles, airplanes, airships, and trains in FF7. Maybe they had trucks too. I wish I knew who drove the one truck though... Maybe Shera had a bit too much tea or something... lol...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

most people tend to have just gotten cross-slash at that part of the game.... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]I guess I'm just special, aren't I? :D

By the way, the enemies that look like houses, that are in that area just before the Wall Market, are [i]great[/i] for building up your Limit Break meter when you first get there! :D[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]I guess I'm just special, aren't I? :D

By the way, the enemies that look like houses, that are in that area just before the Wall Market, are [i]great[/i] for building up your Limit Break meter when you first get there! :D[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah I know, they're pretty strong at that part of the game too, seeing as how they have 500 hp, but hey....

*does his DDP impersonation*

thats not a [I]bad[/I] thing, thats a [I]good[/I] thing! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kazuya
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herman Nation [/i]
[B][COLOR=blue]kuja is right ff7 was definately the easyiest...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
:nope: What?! If you ask me its the most difficult of all, well, out of the ones I've played at least (6,7,8 and 9). I was stuck on the boss at Mt. Nibel for ages (it was that weird scorpion thing).To beat the last two Jenovas I had to sacrifice one member of my team in each battle so the other two would be completely unharmed by their attacks (usually yuffie, as payback:D).I can't even make a dent in that underwater weapon or the one by the gold saucer, they kill me too quickly,so I can only usually get in a few ultimas before i get crushed:bawl:.Compared to 7, ff9 is easy. Still one of my favourite games ever, but easy.

[SIZE=1]I think FFIX is the easiest, then FFVIII and then FFVII... but all of the games have those moments where you are stuck for ages on a part of the game that is actually [i]really[/i] easy to get by. One example, Mt. Nibel, I was stuck there for months.... but then I tried once more and figured that I had to just go down some ladders to the Materia Keeper -__-;;

At the moment, I'm stuck in Fossil Roo on FFIX... there's probably some really easy solution to it...[/SIZE]