OtakuBoards

(reads back of game) Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2

Syk3

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]
I got Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 on Feb. 13, and I've already played all the way through it and gotten all 96 gates. I still have to beat it, though, but that's not very hard.[/color][/B][/QUOTE]

[color=purple]*claps* Good! Then you can help me out.

I can't find the secret exit in the second world of the final area. (Eh, I'd have the names but I don't have my GBA handy)

If it helps, it's two levels after the haunted ship that's wrecked, and right before the haunted house. It's the one where the floor moves up and down.

Erg, I know I've done it before, but I can't remember where it is. -.-''[/color]

[color=indigo]Yes, I can help. I've beaten it and gotten all 96 gates, and all the Dragon Coins on two different files. One playing as Mario, the other playing as Luigi. On the Mario file, my score is maxed out. :D

To find the secret exit on that level, Valley of Bowser 2, you have to go all the way through the area with the floor that moves up and down. When you go through the pipe at the end of that area, you'll drop onto a floor that starts moving up when you land on it. Jump up the "steps" and get a running start; there'll be a gap in the ceiling, with a pit beneath it which has a Mega Mole in it. Fly up into it and to the left, using a Cape, and run to the left. You'll drop down into the area with the secret exit.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kristoff119 [/i]
[B]Click on the attachment to see what the part of the level that jcgoudy is talking about. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Thanks, but twas not necesary. I found it. ^_^

But now I have 95 worlds, but I can't find the 96th! I've found all the levels (or so the menu says), and I've gotten all of the secondary exits in the red places. So I guess I need to find a Castle, Fort, or Haunted House and find out what I missed. But that will take quite a while...[/COLOR]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bignate dawg [/i]
[B]

I just had to point out that Snake only knew about this because of me...THE ALL MIGHTY NINTENDO GOD! [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Pardon? Nintendo who? First of all, the girl at the lunch table pointed it out. After that, it was up for grabs, and I merely put it to use by helping others to find the trick as well. What is the point if it stays a secret? Who will it help? I do not think we should be posting about this on Otaku, however. Feel free to instant message me if you feel the need to continue. Thank you.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero-Sama [/i]
[B]Is Luigi easier to use then mario?i don't have the GBA version,Only the SNES version.I mean,Is it some kind of special moves that set mario from luigi? [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]True, Luigi does have a few moves that Mario does not. His jump makes him appear as though he is running in the air, and he stays up a bit longer. Also, when hitting a coin block that has multiple coins, all the coins pop up at once. Besides the fact that you have the ability to change to him whenever you like when you are walking around the island, that is all that I can think of at the moment, though there may be more. I hope this helps.[/COLOR]

:blah:

[color=indigo]Ways that Luigi is different from Mario:

1. Luigi jumps higher, but he jumps and falls slower, also. Kind of like when you float with a cape, but not as slow, and on the way up also.

2. Luigi runs slower.

3. Luigi's fireballs bounce higher.

4. When Luigi hits a block with a bunch of coins in it, they all burst out at once (applies to most, but not all).

5. When you eat an enemy while riding Yoshi, you'll keep the enemy in Yoshi's mouth for a bit before Yoshi swallows it. During this time you can spit the enemy out to damage other enemies.

6. Flying with a Cape is slightly different. You have to hold back on the + Control Pad for a bit, instead of just tapping it. It also seems harder to maintain the same altitude and fly level.

Those are all of them that I can think of.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=deeppink]Thanks, but twas not necesary. I found it. ^_^

But now I have 95 worlds, but I can't find the 96th! I've found all the levels (or so the menu says), and I've gotten all of the secondary exits in the red places. So I guess I need to find a Castle, Fort, or Haunted House and find out what I missed. But that will take quite a while...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Try defeating Star Road with the fake wins. In other words, go through the ring at the end of every Star Road level except the special world and the star below it. In The Forest Of Illusion, there's a path between the Ghost House and Forest of Illusion 1. Both levels open the path, so defeat both levels through both exits. All of these take you backwards, but they give you a point. Also, did you find Soda Lake?

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kristoff119 [/i]
[B]I believe that if you press select, you will be able to see what levels you have been to and it has little medals next to each level saying what things you have done in the level, yoshi coins, secret paths and different exits. [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Yes, heh, this was mentioned, plus even he says he has tried it, but it looks as though he has found everything. Nerdsy, why don't you try beating the castle if you havn't already. It just may trigger the last goal. However, if it is not the castle that concerns you, then keep looking through the SELECT menu by pressing right or left. I hope that you eventually find it.

I, myslef, only have 87 goals done, mainly because I started a new file that currently has 72. I'll be finished by next week though, and then it is off to Euro World.[/COLOR]

Guest Solid Snake
[COLOR=teal]Kristoff119 and jcgoudy are right, and it must be a red level that you have missed. To see whether you have gotten the secret or not, go to each red level on the map and see if you have created the double exit, or press SELECT while walking around the island to check your level status. As I have said before, go through each page of your level status by pressing right or left until you come to a square that is been dotted around the outside. I am not quite sure how you could miss one, since I currently have 90 levels beaten and can easily count the last six that remain. Could this secret be the red level where your time and score effect where the pipe takes you? Just a thought, since I am stuck on it at the moment. If anyone could tell me what I have to do to get the secret in that level, you help will be greatly appreciated. It seems as though time has erased this from my memory. Another thing it has been erased is the identity of Morton Koopa Sr. I knew that Morton Koopa Jr. was in Super Mario World, but when a friend had asked who his father is, I found that I was unable to come to a deffinite answer. Can anyone answer these two questions?[/COLOR]

[color=indigo]Okay, to get to the secret exit in Chocolate Island 2, you have to go through the pipe in the second area (it shouldn't matter which second area) of the level with 250 to 300 on the timer.

Morton Koopa Jr. first appeared in Super Mario Bros. 3, and then again in Super Mario World. He's one of the Koopa Kids, and Bowser is their father... Does this mean Bowser's first name is Morton?[/color]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Okay, to get to the secret exit in Chocolate Island 2, you have to go through the pipe in the second area (it shouldn't matter which second area) of the level with 250 to 300 on the timer.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Yes, heh, I just beat that about a half an hour ago. At this point in time, I only need four more goals left, and after that I will be able to answer your question, Nerdsy.[/COLOR]
[QUOTE][color=indigo][b]Morton Koopa Jr. first appeared in Super Mario Bros. 3, and then again in Super Mario World. He's one of the Koopa Kids, and Bowser is their father... Does this mean Bowser's first name is Morton?[/b][/color][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Ah, I see. I wonder as to why they never use his actual name. But then again, not many gaming characters do. Thank you for your kindness in answering these questions.[/COLOR]

Guest Solid Snake
[COLOR=teal]I would just like to announce that I have beaten Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World, both in level, and coin status. Perhaps it would be best for me to aquire a new game. Which would you recommend? Sonic Advance? I'll consider any titles you may have in mind.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=deeppink]o.o''''

All these people helping me. Too bad it wasn't really needed. I found it the day after I posted that. I found out it was the Forest of Illusion Ghost House. Now, though, I'm going through trying to find all the Dragon Coins. (Or Yoshi Coins, if you prefer)[/COLOR]