OtakuBoards

Whats your favorite Japanese Band?

Guest Tyco

I really like the group Morning Musume. The girls have really good voices, the lyrics are cute, and the music is nice and upbeat. I also like the uber-cute Morning Musume subgroup Minimoni. The Minimoni songs are like traditional Morning Musume songs on crack.

Some other favorite groups of mine include Key-a-Kiss (a eurobeat group) and Dream.

I also like the music I've heard from Malice Mizer. It's nice and relaxing to listen to (at least to me) and the lyrics are nice.

The individual singer I really like is Ayumi Hamasaki. Her voice is beautiful and her lyrics powerful.

Ah, so we *are* including DDR artists. All right, then...

Naoki and all of his psuedonyms (Tears is such a beautiful song)
Sana (White Lovers and The Shining Polaris are such great songs)
Smile.dk (Green, black, and blue make the colors in the sky...)
TaQ (I love Era and Holic)
DJ Taka (*huggles .59*)
DJ Suwami (Is The Cube the only song by this artist?)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.. I like a lot of them.. Lesse...

1) See-saw (Yasashii Yoake.. Yay!)
2) Naoki (Gotta love DDR!)
3) SMILE.dk (Hey Mr. Wonderful something something something some..)
4) Utada Hikaru (When you walk away you don't hear me say something.)
5) E.rotic (Kidding, I hate them) (Ewewewewewew Nick not so quick!?!? I AM NAMED NICK!!!)
The REAL 5)Akeboshi (Naruto theme! *huggles*)

• 2 weeks later...
Uh... I've never really heard much Japanese music, but what I have heard was from anime, and they were pretty good ("Sobakusu" and "Heart of Sword", both from Kenshin). But, what I wanna know is what are some good Japanese rock bands?

[FONT=arial]I don't really have a favorite Japanese band, since I've only heard about one or two songs from very few bands as it is. I've heard some L'arc~en~Ciel, and while I can't remember anything about the songs, I remember I did like them a bit :cross:. I've also heard a bit of Siam Shade, which I really like, though the only song I can distinctly remember from them is Bloody Train. and there was this one other band named something like.....NOiX, or something like that *looks around for help*. I've only heard one of their songs, but it was awesome. can't remember the name of that one either, unfortunately. [/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by duorocks17 [/i]
[B]Rhythm Emotion and most of the Gundam Wing songs were performed by Two-Mix, who in my opinion is one of the greatest J-Pop artists. They also did songs like "Last Impression", "White Reflection", and "Truth". [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, Two-Mix is really the epitome of Japanese music.

I like Dir en Grey the best. Could I say anything else after I heard Ain't Afraid to Die, Cube, and Cage? Nope. :D Then you've got the psycho songs Pink Killer and Deity (which was done in Russian).

TMR and Pierrot are pretty cool too. There's anoter band...D-Shade. They were SOOOOOOO cool Now they are broken up :bawl: their music was awesome. Especially Owaranai Ai Wo!

[color=teal][b]Hmmm...My favorite Japanese band? Well, I like Melon Kinenbi ((Akai Freesia is playing on Music Match and now stuck in my head)), Morning Musume ((my sister and I love Night on the City of Tokyo and Otoko Tomodachi)), Gackt ((My friend Rynnie loves their song Vanilla and so do I)), BoA ((No. 1 and My Genie are my faves there)), and Hikaru Utada ((Simple and Clean and First Love...'nuff said)). That's all I can think of for now.[/color][/b]

Thats a REALLY hard question, but i have to go with the Pillows. They sing ALL the wonderful FLCL songs plus 64 othersongs ive never heard.

By far the Pillows and the Seatbelts.

The Pillows: An excellent Punk Rock band in Japan who did the soundtrack for FLCL which are all great.

THe Seatblets: The band who worked on the Cowboy Bebop sereis and did the begging theme, "Tank!", which in my opinion is the perfect jazz song.