OtakuBoards

Whats your favorite Japanese Band?

Guest Tyco

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akeboshi's awesome (has anyone ese heard any of his songs? I haven't). But none of you guys have likely heard D+Shade (shorthand for Dearest Cross Shade) you haven't heard Endless Love unless you've seen KKJ. Even with Kazaa, I had to search VERY VERY VERY many times for it, and I'm glad! because i had finally found it. I may upload it to my audio site, though, so others can get it.

I'd say my favorite song would HAVE to be "Dive into Shine" by Lastier. If anyone's heard it, they know what I'm talkin' about. It's amazing. It can lift your spirits so much! (one of the lyrics: "Fukai yami o hikari ni kawaru" = "Even the Deepest Darkness can be overcome and changed into light" It's an excellent song for depressed ppl :D

And yeah, the Pillows and the seatbelts be kickin *** too!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kyonen [/i]
[B] But none of you guys have likely heard D+Shade (shorthand for Dearest Cross Shade) you haven't heard Endless Love[/B][/QUOTE]

A friend of mine sent me that song a few years ago, all I remember is that I wasn't very impressed. Nothing about their music really stood out to me, it was just typical rock-ish stuff.

[color=crimson]Hmmm...I like X Japan, but some of their stuff is English too. Two Mix is one of my very personal favorites. Yuki Kajiura and Wada Kouji are my favorite Japanese single artists. Yuki Kajiura did alot of the music for the .hack shows. And, Wada Kouji did all the Japanese themes for all four Digimon seasons. >looks through large collection of J-music< Oh! Hamasaki Ayumi!!! I LOVE her music. Her songs Endless Sorrow and Evolution are the best.

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

In some cases no one knows the artist of anime songs. I.E. Through the Night: Who the Hell sings that?? I'd love to know!

And I usually don't listen to Anime songs, because I'm really starting to hate J-pop. Only a few songs lately stand out in my mind, like Wind (because it's sang in English mainly but also other reasons) and Betterman's ED (k-lite didn't even help me there!) I mostly listen to DeG and Gackt.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kyonen [/i]
[B]In some cases no one knows the artist of anime songs. I.E. Through the Night: Who the Hell sings that?? I'd love to know![/B][/QUOTE]

That's because it's not a singer, or whatever you want to call them. They just found some guy with a decent voice, showed him some lyrics, he sang, and bam, he's back to his job as a janitor.

Ok, so no one knows who did the song Through the Night, but you have to admit it was sort of good. Not the best, but sort of. I mean, it really got the show kicking and off to a good start. Of course it has nothing on the groups everyone else has mentioned, but give them a chance.

For lea, Ride on Shooting Star is a good song by the Pillows. Is it just me or do these guys sound like the Beatles???

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]I don't know what the bands are named but I know the song titles...

The one who wrote "Can you keep a secret?" and "First Love" [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=crimson] Okay..flame me if im wrong O_o..but wasn't that "Utada Hikaru"? O_o..im pretty sure it is..but yeah, im stupid so it may not be.

I guess my favourite bands..umm I don't really have any favourite [B]bands[/B] but as far as japanese music goes heres a list of my favourite singers.

[B][I] Hamasaki Ayumi
Utada Hikaru
Chemistry (I think they're a duet ^_^)
Ken Hirai
Project Weiss (okay they're a group..so yeah)
X-Japan (okay another group/band O_o)[/B][/I]

I have soo many more, but none come to mind right now *twitches* trust that to happen eh?[/Color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bishie [/i]
[B]Okay..flame me if im wrong O_o..but wasn't that "Utada Hikaru"? O_o..im pretty sure it is..but yeah, im stupid so it may not be.[/B][/QUOTE]

You are right.

But it's been answered at least five times already.

This thread should just be closed... it's a favorite thread anyway. It wouldn't still be here if it weren't for some schmuck bringing it back every other month to tell everyone how they love Two-Mix.