OtakuBoards

Zelda:Gamecube

eleanor

hey, was there a thread on this subject before? cuz i thought there would be. anyways, has ANYONE seen the new graphics for zelda gamecube? They're horrible! It just makes me so mad...:flaming: grr....if they wanted to make graphics so bad, why didn't they just make it on n64?!!!!! geez! Well, after thinking a while, the graphics aren't the main prioroty. The content of the game is. but still....

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_gurl [/i]
[B]hey, was there a thread on this subject before? [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Yeah, a few pages back.

I haven't seen the graphic's yet. But, I've heard that they are like some of the older games, which I like.

I don't really like when people make graphics so good they look real. I like the bright, cartoony graphics much better.[/COLOR]

It's called "Cell Shaded" design, I think the new look is fine except for the eyes, and the shortness but I believe I heard rumors of Shigeru Miyamoto fixing up Link's face a little bit mainly the eyes.So don't get sad get glad.;)

Trust me on this Anime_Gurl, you know how people said "never judge a book from its cover" well thats the same story for this "never judge a game from it looks."

Im not sure if you have seen the game in action, but based off what you said Im assuming that you didn't.If you seen the game in action then Im pretty sure you'll be truly impressed by the wonderful animation in the game along with great special affects.:)

i sasw a single screenshot and its okay. it better than sqares for hands and brown lines to seperate fingers.

______
l..l..l..l..l
l..l..l..l..l_
l..l..l..l..l..l
l..l..l..l..l..l
\ ........../
.l..........l

ignore the periods

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_gurl [/i]
[B]hey, was there a thread on this subject before? cuz i thought there would be. anyways, has ANYONE seen the new graphics for zelda gamecube? They're horrible! It just makes me so mad...:flaming: grr....if they wanted to make graphics so bad, why didn't they just make it on n64?!!!!! geez! Well, after thinking a while, the graphics aren't the main prioroty. The content of the game is. but still.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yes like Nerdsy said, there is a thread on this, but it was closed because the [i]argument[/i] got out of hand slightly.

I have seen the new graphics for this Zelda, and I think it is a good change from the blocky-ish graphics of the N64 Zelda's we have seen. If you've seen a video or a cut-scene from the actual game, you'd think differently.

They didn't make it on the N64, because the N64 is dying, if not, it's already dead.

... You've just spent lines saying how crap the graphics are to then disagree with yourself and say that graphics don't matter. If you think graphics don't matter, then why did you make this thread?[/SIZE]

I meant that i KNOW that the content of the game is always the most important thing, but i think it would be nicer if the game looked like the clip of link fighting gannondorf at spaceworld. thats why i posted the thread.

I think that nearly all Zelda fans will agree that Graphics are not that important. It is an added bonus. The main factor is the GAme play and the Story. This is my thoughts. But I bet a lot of people would agree with that. If you want great graphics then most of hte time there is some other part of that game will suffer.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]I think that nearly all Zelda fans will agree that Graphics are not that important. It is an added bonus. The main factor is the GAme play and the Story. This is my thoughts. But I bet a lot of people would agree with that. If you want great graphics then most of hte time there is some other part of that game will suffer. [/B][/QUOTE]

The main factor is the game play and the story, but the cell shaded graphics just disapoint me. :( Miyamoto had his chance to show off a bit with this new system, with a zelda game even, but he didn't take that opportunity.

And besides, links new face scares me...

:nervous:

[color=indigo]I think people complain because they haven't ever really played the first three Zelda games. The GB/GBC games are on, well, the GB/GBC, so they're obviously not going to have good graphics. I think it's mainly people that haven't played the first three that are complaining, because we all got spoiled with Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Now that the graphics aren't realistic anymore, the people that started with Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask don't like it because they've never played the first three. Anyone that's played the original can tell you that the graphics really don't matter (see attachment).

The original The Legend of Zelda kept being manufactured long after the SNES was released, and it was in the top ten NES games for years and years, if it wasn't on top itself. And you know when The Legend of Zelda was released? It was released in 1987, only two years after the launch of the NES. And it kept selling for about [i]five years[/i], maybe even longer! Even after graphics improved by quite a bit on the NES (not to mention the revolutionary graphics of the SNES), it still kept selling.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo](see attachment).[/color][/b][/quote]

[COLOR=seagreen]Thank you for posting that. Now I've finally seen a shot of the game...

I love those graphics! I mean, for crying out loud, that's just awesome! Those may be cartoony, but they're the best cartoony graphic's I have ever seen! I think this is actually an improvement over OoT and MM.

If you can't tell, I like cartoony games. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=seagreen]Thank you for posting that. Now I've finally seen a shot of the game...

I love those graphics! I mean, for crying out loud, that's just awesome! Those may be cartoony, but they're the best cartoony graphic's I have ever seen! I think this is actually an improvement over OoT and MM.

If you can't tell, I like cartoony games. [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]If you want to see more screen shots, and the trailer that was shown at Space World, go [URL=http://cube.ign.com/articles/137/137012p1.html]here[/URL]. [url]www.ign.com[/url] has about the best quality screen shots and movie that I've seen.[/color]

I like OoT's graphics the best. They were good enough, but not too much. I don't like games that have graphics so good you think it's real. I actually wouldn't mind if they were like Zelda II's. I think it's the gameplay and storyline that count, not outstanding graphics.

• 2 weeks later...
thx for showing that clip of the new zelda. now i know what everyone is complaining about! the new graphics make that game so undesireable it's not even funny. i thought that OOT was probobly one of the best games i've ever played, and even though it is on n64, i think the graphics are WAY better than that of the new game cube "zelda". the maker(s) could have done a way better job. this really dissapoints me. my rating for the game cube version has got to be....hmmm...how to discribe it...:butthead: feel free to argue with me. even though i probly won't care.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zelda's hero [/i]
[B]thx for showing that clip of the new zelda. now i know what everyone is complaining about! the new graphics make that game so undesireable it's not even funny. i thought that OOT was probobly one of the best games i've ever played, and even though it is on n64, i think the graphics are WAY better than that of the new game cube "zelda". the maker(s) could have done a way better job. this really dissapoints me. my rating for the game cube version has got to be....hmmm...how to discribe it...:butthead: feel free to argue with me. even though i probly won't care. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Ugh, not another one. :bawl: :drunk:

You'll find that Zelda's graphics are based pretty heavily on A Link to the Past for SNES. If you're not old enough to appreciate this style...well...then you're really not understanding what Zelda is all about. :)

Also, there are rumors that the style has something to do with the fact that there will be a GBA version of Zelda which will somehow link to the GCN version...[/color]

I've seen screenshots of Zelda for GCN also. Oddly, it's all 3D. Kizu said it was from Spaceworld2000, but it's not. Supposedly it's from another Zelda GCN. I looked at some pictures that were from Spaceworld 2000 and believe me, the graphics are way better in the new Zelda game than they are for Spaceworld 2000.

Have you ever seen Final Fantasy the movie? It's close to those graphics. I've never seen Zelda look so good. Hopefully, this is another really good Zelda game for GCN.

I look forward to both.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragon Warrior [/i]
[B]I've seen screenshots of Zelda for GCN also. Oddly, it's all 3D. Kizu said it was from Spaceworld2000, but it's not. Supposedly it's from another Zelda GCN. I looked at some pictures that were from Spaceworld 2000 and believe me, the graphics are way better in the new Zelda game than they are for Spaceworld 2000.

Have you ever seen Final Fantasy the movie? It's close to those graphics. I've never seen Zelda look so good. Hopefully, this is another really good Zelda game for GCN.

I look forward to both. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]It was kind of hard to understand that post, but I think I got most of it...

First off, that short clip of Link fighting Ganondorf from SpaceWorld 2000 was a tech demo. It was meant to show off the GCN's graphics, and it wasn't from an actual game in development.

Secondly, the shots from SpaceWorld 2001 (the cel shaded ones) are from the real game. They were taken from the actual GCN Zelda game, which is in development right now. It is in 3D, it's just cel shaded.

Thirdly, there aren't two Zelda games being developed for the GCN. Like I said before, the clip of Link fighting Ganondorf was a tech demo, not an actual game. The cel shaded one is the actual Zelda game, which they say will be released around October, I think.[/color]