OtakuBoards

Zelda:Gamecube

eleanor

Thanks, next time try to mark that with spoilers though... just in case. What I was stuck in, that song wouldn't have helped anyway. There were things that the game made me do first.

This isn't really a spoiler, but I'll mark it... [spoiler]Anyone that hates Tetra is in for a surprise heh.[/spoiler]

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn't really bring myself to hate Tetra too much.

Say...(major spoilers ahead)...[spoiler]is Laruto really Ruto? If so, what is she doing at the Earth Temple versus the/a Water Temple? And why is Medli the sage of the Earth, instead of the Wind, and the little Korok (Kokiri?) of the Wind, not the Earth?[/spoiler]

They've gone and renamed a bunch of species and characters, begging the question if this is the same world of [i]Ocarina[/i]. [spoiler]King Hyrule says it is, and explains why;[/spoiler] we've been told as much, anyway.

But why the renames? oO;

Guest The Bouncer
ERRRRRRRRRR. I wish i had the game. but i cant get it until report cards come out.......... but i like to know about games from people who have them although sometime i get a little mad

[color=indigo]Heh, I like Tetra. She's cool.

And Ginny, about the renaming, well, you have to realize, a hundred years have passed since the time of OOT. They're using a different language, even. Over that long a period, some names are bound to change.

Something that I don't like about TWW, though, is that without having someone playing as Tingle, you can't see what the enemies are called. That's one thing I really liked about OOT and MM; you could always ask Navi/Tatl about an enemy, and see its name. In TWW, a person has to be playing as Tingle, and check what it's called on the GBA.[/color]

I also read in my player's guide (without spoiling the game for myself) what else the Tingle Tuner does. Apparentally, you do NOT need it to complete all the special stuff in the game, but for a fanatic's sake, you DO need a GBA and the cable. (Hint: it's all about the photos.)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tricool [/i]
[B][color=red]A bad thing about the tingle tuner is that when your friend is playing as Tingle and uses a bomb it automatically drains ten rupees out of your pocket. So basically your friend can rob you blind.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Well, yeah, they're not just going to let you have unlimited bombs and stuff. I mean, if Tingle's abilities didn't cost anything, you'd almost be invincible, because you could just keep getting potions from him. The trick is to only let people you know won't just totally waste your money play as Tingle, heh. That, and it's not like Rupees are exactly rare. Sail around getting the treasure spots on the ocean for a little bit, and you can get tons of Rupees in no time.

And what about the Tingle statues that you find in dungeons if you have someone playing as Tingle? You can only get those if someone is playing as Tingle, because they're just not there oherwise. (Still haven't found any, but my friend has).[/color]

Interviews say 100 years, but according to characters in the game... It's more like hundreds. Things don't just get forgotten like that in 100 years, but I suppose the [spoiler]flood that forced everyone up to the mountain tops could really mess up people's memories and sense of reality lol[/spoiler]

I'm completely stuck in the stupid Wind Temple right now, so I've been playing Skies of Arcadia :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I'm completely stuck in the stupid Wind Temple right now,[/B][/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club.;)
Has anyone become [spoiler]a member of the Nintendo Gallery? I want to know how to get the DX Camera.[/spoiler]

[color=red]You don't have to [spoiler]become a member of the Nintendo gallery to get the Deluxe Picto Box. To get it you must get the picto box form Tingle's cell and then talk to Lenzo (the guy with all the picto box's). Then Lenzo asks you to do three different tasks for him. Once those tasks are completed have an empty bottle on hand and go to the Forest Haven. Collect a firefly and take it back to Lenzo. Give the forest firefly to him and he will give you a deluxe pictobox.[/spoiler][/color]

Well, I know someone who has no life and beat the game already a few days ago. :p Anyway, according to him, [spoiler]after you beat the game you can now play it through in hard mode, which will hopefully be bettere for those of you who found the game much easier than the previous titles.[/spoiler] I'm not sure if the same thing happened in the other Zelda games, but for thopse of you who thought Wind Waker was kind of easy, you can now be able to hopefully judge it a little better.

Right now I'm in the Earth Temple. I just got to the final warping pot, so I'm preatty far into it, and I must say that this doungen is harder than the previous ones, even though I really havn't gotten completely stuck anywhere.

[spoiler]This paying 398 rupees to decipher each and every Triforce Charts is ridiculous. I barely had enough to get 5 done. Now I have to sail around and dig these stupid things up too. Bleh.[/spoiler]

Edit: Well, I've beaten it. The last boss fights were pretty cool, and I am sure everyone will like them. The ending wasn't half bad either.

Final battle spoilers - -

[spoiler]The last fight with Ganondorf wasn't super difficult, but it was amazingly cool. I still love that he whips out those two huge swords and goes nuts on you. I'd say it is one of the best boss fights in recent memory, and I really loved Zelda's role in it.

This game added a lot of human characteristics to Ganondorf too... Before he rarely said much. He was intelligent, but never deep really. This game changed some of that. Sure, he didn't talk a lot... but you could see why he felt the way he did and almost identify with it (even though it was rather simple). I really liked the part where he said something about feeling/hearing the wind after you won.[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I finally beat it. I hadn't played the game in a couple weeks, so I really wanted to finish it up for good, so I can get back to my Metroid Prime.

[spoiler]The last doungen wasn't all that fun for me. I felt like I've already done it all before, which I obviously have since it repeats the bosses, and I wanted something new and original. When I finally reached Ganondawrf, however, I knew that the whole thing was worth it. But man, I kept thinking Ganon would be behind every door.

I absolutely loved the final boss fight. Good, old fashioned sword fighting without having to switch between different items to use. Ganon was amazing with those swords, though! He was all blocking my hits later in the fight. And then you had to work with Zelda -- perfect. I just started a hard file, and changed 'Link' to 'Syk3', but I won't be playing it for a while. I'm taking a break of Zelda...a long, well-deserved break...[/spoiler]

• 3 weeks later...
I only got The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker on the 2nd of may and may i just say i was literally blown away! I knew it was going to be good but not this good, i mean Blimey and then theres the Bonus Disc, its the first time that i have owned OOT because me mother wounldn't let me have an N64 *stupid Mother*:flaming: , anywho i just like to say I need HELP on OOT i cant work out what to do in the Goran Villiage after you enter it. its extremely frustrating :mad:

[color=indigo]Heheh, that's exactly how I felt when I first got it. By the time I got through the second dungeon, I was totally amazed by how good the dungeon design was, and after I beat the second dungeon I was again amazed by just how vast the overworld is. (Since it lets you sail anywhere after you beat the second dungeon).

As for the help in OOT, it'd probably go better in a separate thread (since this one is about TWW), but I think I can help you out really quick in here. If you've just gotten into Goron Village, the first thing to do is to play Zelda's Lullably on the carpet down on the lowest level. That'll open the door to Darunia's room, letting you talk to him.

If you need any more help, it'd be nice if you could start a new thread or just PM me, though. :)[/color]

Guest Steiner
I absolutley HATE cell shading i mean i hate it with a passion, i reckon its a form of lazyness but i geus with the zelda game with less complex graphics they could focus on the storyline and gameplay more isnt that what got people hooked to zelda games in the first place?

[color=indigo]Lol, a form of lazyness? Just because the graphics in TWW don't look as complex as other realistic looking games, that doesn't mean they were any easier to create. Seriously, just look around in the game, and at all the effects. The grass sways with the wind, amoung other things wind-related. The environments, though cel shaded, are actually quite complex when you really look at them. Just look at the first dungeon, Dragon Roost Cavern, with those huge pillars of flame and the heat effects. Then you have the lighting effects and all that. So yeah, Nintendo didn't use the cel shaded graphics because they didn't want to have to create something realistic looking.

Actually, it wasn't even really the story that got people hooked on the original Legend of Zelda. It was pretty much just the gameplay alone, since there was barely any story in the original. And as far as the gameplay goes in TWW, I think they did a really good job. Better dungeons (for the most part), better combat system (they really improved over OOT/MM), more enemies, cool new items in addition to classics, amoung other little improvements.[/color]

[size=1][color=crimson]I wouldn't call cel-shading lazy at all. Nothing graphic-wise in any Zelda game I've played has been created lazy [i]or[/i] easy to create. And personally, I love cel-shading, it's just too bad that so many people think it's 'lazy' and 'cartoony'.[/size][/color]

[color=#808080]Actually, cel-shading is incredibly complex. Moreso than what you've seen in Ocarina of Time, as far as texturing goes.

Not only is it complex to pull off, but when done properly, it can be amazingly effective. TWW is gorgeous and is probably the most expressive game I have ever seen -- thanks in large part to cel-shading.[/color]