OtakuBoards

Zelda:Gamecube

eleanor

Heh. Yeah. I guess I did post kind of weird.

I'm not talking about Spaceworld2000/2001. Link wasn't even fighting Ganondorf in the ss I was looking at. In one of them, it looked like a giant ganon O.o

But besides that, who really cares about graphics? I care about the game itself. Nothin more. Graphics are just a bonus :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will purchassed the game no matter what but I have to tell you when I first saw the pictures I wanted to write Miyamoto an evil letter but now after a few months I am feeling better about the new look and can not wait to try out the new feel of Zelda/Celda. I still would like to have had Nintendo take a survery asking which game the prefured the cartoony look or the Dark and Sinister Manly Zelda fell before the decided though.

After a few weeks I grew to be fond of these graphics. Why? Because they are very well done and different from the millions of realistic games that are released every month.

BTW, has anyone seen the new pics? They are in IGN, and it looks like the game is on the right track! Link grew a couple of inches, found a hair stylist, and got himself a new face.

If there's ever been an interactive animé, this is it!

First of all I'm gonna protect anime_gurl with a quote I heard who knows where. "A person's character can be decieded on how many times they can contritect themselves in one conversation." I honestly think the pictures I've seen are crap. Could you put a link, cause I'm still thinking of the video and pics that came out around spaceworld. Anyways I've played Link to the Past, but I'm not old enough to have played the first two, but I would give anything to play them. The only thing I don't like about the pics are the horrible quaility of them. What they do? Take pics from 50 feet away (I wouldn't be surprised). I like the new look just give me some better quaility pics. The only thing I hope is that the new graphics could improve the gameplay and if they can do that then I'll be happy and have no reason to argue cause it would make the game perfect.

Sadly, the only high-quality video I've heard of is owned by some Morpheus users. However, I haven't confirmed this.

Anyway, the new BETA pics are pretty low-quality too, and the high-res pics look distorted. Oh, well...Only a few weeks until the 640x480 videos pour out...

[color=indigo]The reason why those screen shots from Spaceworld 2001 are so low quality is because Nintendo didn't release the screen shots. People had to take videos of the screen that was playing the movie of it, and then take screen shots from that. That's why the graphics appear to be really low quality. (Miyamoto actually asked for people not to take video or screen shots, but people did anyway, apparently).

Just now there were some new ones that came out... I've only seen one, though, and that was also pretty low quality. I think that maybe it's for kind of the same reason as the Spaceworld 2001 pictures. I read an interview with Miyamoto, and he actually said that they weren't going to show anything until E3 2002... So I'm thinking that those new screen shots were perhaps leaked... And that's why they're low quality. I dunno, though, it's just an idea.

But yeah, it won't be long until we get good quality pics/video from E3. Some lucky people will actually get to play it too... I'm so dang jealous; I'd give just about [i]anything[/i] to be able to play it![/color]

[color=indigo]Yes, you are correct, BlueGender. Nintendo hasn't said a thing about the storyline of the GCN Zelda game... I'm looking forward to all the news from E3; with the playable demos, there's probably going to be at least [i]some[/i] news about the story...

And a demo disk would be [i]awsome![/i] It'd be cool if they released it with Super Mario Sunshine or some other big game that lots of people are going to buy.[/color]

If they release a demo disk I would pay up to $20 just to watch a one minute smidged of the game if the released playable I would pay $50 for a 30 second play period of the game. I can not wait till the E3 to see the latest of the game. If the release the demo with any game I believe it should be Starfox

does anyone know what type of graphics the GCN zelda game will have, cell or the normal style, cos in my mags there was a vote for us to choose the cell got 26% and the normal 74%, i think the cell is ten times better but if anyone knows what the real confirmation of the graphics will be, please post me! :confused:

Yeah, the game hasn't been released yet, but some Zelda site, maybe Zelda Elements, had an interveiw with Shigero Miyamito, and he kept on saying that Zelda fans that are dissappointed with the graphics should play the game first and that the gameplay was good. And hey, who yould argue with the master of the games, himself?

Guest imcuneo
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *-- RagnaroK--* [/i]
[B]does anyone know what type of graphics the GCN zelda game will have, cell or the normal style, cos in my mags there was a vote for us to choose the cell got 26% and the normal 74%, i think the cell is ten times better but if anyone knows what the real confirmation of the graphics will be, please post me! :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]
it's cell, foo'
:laugh: look for your selveses *points to attached file*.

I'm gona be in the Los Angelas area a week after E3, you feel bad not being able to go, I feel worse knowing I'll be there a week late. Sigh... Anyways I wouldn't give anything to play it, but I would give anything to play the original or have a remake on GBA or something, cause I know I'm going to get it. Some people are lucky enough to have it, but everybody's gonna have a chance to get the new one.

Sob story: My uncle has the first zelda and when I knew I was going there the first thing I thought was "Yes, now I can play the first zelda!" We arrived and then I asked if I could play it. He said yes so we pulled the nintendo out of the closet, hooked it up and poped the game in. It didn't work. We tried for an hour but it wouldn't work. You wouldn't know how pissed I was.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cecil [/i]
[B]I'm gona be in the Los Angelas area a week after E3, you feel bad not being able to go, I feel worse knowing I'll be there a week late. Sigh... Anyways I wouldn't give anything to play it, but I would give anything to play the original or have a remake on GBA or something, cause I know I'm going to get it. Some people are lucky enough to have it, but everybody's gonna have a chance to get the new one.

Sob story: My uncle has the first zelda and when I knew I was going there the first thing I thought was "Yes, now I can play the first zelda!" We arrived and then I asked if I could play it. He said yes so we pulled the nintendo out of the closet, hooked it up and poped the game in. It didn't work. We tried for an hour but it wouldn't work. You wouldn't know how pissed I was. [/B][/QUOTE]

i would hate for that to happen. i would say to your uncle,"plese step away,i am going crazy."then go ballistic.

i read your sig and here is my respond:

YES! Were all in it!:laugh:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by slasher:
[B]i would hate for that to happen. i would say to your uncle,"plese step away,i am going crazy."then go ballistic.

i read your sig and here is my respond:

YES! Were all in it!
[/B]
[/QUOTE]

lol:laugh: Yeah I was like 9 and so I don't really remember what happened, I think i started banging on it and then asked if I could play Megaman 6 lol. I basically got my sig from rat race

Look! It's a drifter!:laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zidane11 [/i]
[B]They probaly just wanted to get a game out fast and make sales. They need to take more time with what there doing. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Are you talking about why the graphics are cel shaded? If so, it's not because they wanted to get the game out fast. Miyamoto said that they were starting to make the GCN Zelda game with realistic-looking graphics, and that he decided not to because he didn't like the way the Zelda series was heading. He pretty much said that he didn't want the graphics looking realistic because the game itself isn't realistic. I mean, the story does sound kind of like a fairy-tale... So it makes sense for it to look cartoony...

But, I do wish that they had made Link look different. Not because I don't like his current look (except for the eyes, which Miyamoto said he's changing), but because I think he should look like the art from A Link to the Past:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B]But, I do wish that they had made Link look different. Not because I don't like his current look (except for the eyes, which Miyamoto said he's changing), but because I think he should look like the art from A Link to the Past:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Here's Link's new desing, compared with the ALPHA design.
Even though It's a million times better, I wanted him to look exactly like in the Oracle manuals...

I got three friends, two that havn't played anything eariler than Ocarina of time. One of them's played Oracle of seasans though. Ok, my point is one of them hates the new look, he says it looks gay and kidde. The other ones more opened minded and is going to get it anyways, he just hopes they make some slight altarations to Link cause he thinks he kinda looks like a girl. My other friend loves it, he Like me and has played link to the past and Link's Awaking, not DX. I'm borderline on people playing those games cause where 13, Link to the Past would have been released when we where 3 or 4 so I don't blame them. Ok my point is that I'm inviting them over for a sleep over, so I could pull out my SNES and show them how great linkt to the past was, and doing this I'm hoping to convince them that the new one's gonna be good. Wish me luck, cause the one that hates it is as stubborn as I am, so it might be a little hard. I'll tell you what happens in the morning after.

• 2 weeks later...