Zelda:Gamecube

eleanor

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=indigo]You might be able to find out how many blocks the Japanese version takes, and that'll probably be the same as the US version. I haven't heard the amount, though.

I don't think it'll take more than about five blocks, though, since they seem to be getting better and better at making the save files smaller. Heck, a Metroid Prime file only takes one block for three saved games, so I don't think a Zelda file could be much bigger.[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You don't need to rub it in SJ. ^_^

I can't wait for this game! I admit at first I was very skeptical about the graphics. But as I saw more and more screens/art I started to realise how beautiful it actually is. The design is genius, and it looks great in motion. Anyway here is some of the best pieces of art I could find.

[img]http://www.cubefocus.com/images/screens/zelda/char4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.cubefocus.com/images/screens/zelda/char5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gzlj/syosai/chara/chuchu.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gzlj/syosai/chara/linkbuta.jpg[/img]

[color=indigo]Booyah! More art! *adds to growing collection* ^_^

You wouldn't happen to know where I could get more, would you? Nintendo.com still has zip for artwork, and all the other places I've found art has their little site stamps on them. Very annoying.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Booyah! More art! *adds to growing collection* ^_^

You wouldn't happen to know where I could get more, would you? Nintendo.com still has zip for artwork, and all the other places I've found art has their little site stamps on them. Very annoying.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I happen to know where you can get a whole lot more. :)
[url]http://www.cubefocus.com/images/screens/zelda/[/url]
It's one of those stupid directory things but there it is.

God I can't wait for this game. ^-^

[color=royal blue]A few things I read in a magazine today:
~~Link can pick up weapons that enemies drop--though they will quickly find other means to fight back.
~~the Wand doubles as the "Ocarina" object

As you can see from that piccie directory, there also seems to be multiple Tingles. God have mercy on all our souls. oO;[/color]

Heh. That site seems to be down, but I have dozens more that most people don't seem to have seen.

I'm just posting to say that I got my OoT/Master Quest disc. Yay!

[IMG]http://home.earthlink.net/~somewhtdamaged/ww.jpg[/IMG]

^^^ Awesome image from the WW preview booklet. I'm thinking about making a GC box art out of it. I'll post it if I ever finish it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Saywha
The new zelda graphics arent the same style as the older N64 games, and i think that they should have stayed with the old format. I think links head is way to large. Im guessing that the new zelda game isnt going to be as popular as the older ones.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saywha [/i]
[B]The new zelda graphics arent the same style as the older N64 games, and i think that they should have stayed with the old format. I think links head is way to large. Im guessing that the new zelda game isnt going to be as popular as the older ones. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Heh, judging by the pre-orders (take a look at [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21941]this[/url] thread), it looks like it's going to be just as popular as the older games, or more. Just give the game a try when it comes out, and you may be surprised how well the new style works. When I first saw the new style, I didn't like it, either, but as time went by and I saw more and more screen shots (and especially movies), I saw that the new style actually looks really good. Especially the animation.

And by the way, welcome to OtakuBoards. It's always nice to get more members that are active in the Zelda forum. :)[/color]

[IMG]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/03/17/zelda/z_screen001.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/03/17/zelda/z_screen002.jpg[/IMG]

Some pics from Gamespot. That's the US packaging obviously lol. The game requires 12 blocks to save, so now we all know.

[color=indigo]*quietly goes off to erase my brother's Sonic Adventure 2: Battle save to make room for my Wind Waker save* :toothy: He never plays it any more, and I'm going to return it to my friend in a little while anyway. :p

I like the packaging. I always have liked the gold background with the logo on it, especially when the gold part is actually shiny, heh. And I like the gold game disc, too. I can't wait to hold it in my hands. It's like there's something magical about getting a new Zelda game. :D[/color]

Again with using Gameboy Advance connections to get farther? I know it's all about money and market, but when is Nintendo gonna give that up? Some of us just don't have the time OR money to be social and share. :p

Blehh.

*is getting stared at by fellow ACers* What?

(Me likies dah dragon, whoever s/he is.)

That dragon is in the demo... Which I believe reflects the first dungeon.

Anyway, Nintendo isn't going to give up the GBA linking thing lol. In fact, they plan on working it into all of their upcoming games and are getting 3rd parties to do the same (Miyamoto was aiming at like 80% of 3rd party games or something). It's not going away anytime soon, and some people like it... when it's used well anyway :p.

The GBA link in Zelda is nothing special anyway. Basically, whoever has the GBA controls Tingle. He can go around in dungeons dropping bombs (they cost rupees to use) on enemies or whatever else, among other things. Really, it just makes the game easier... unless whoever is on the GBA likes dropping bombs on Link heh.

It's not something I'm going to bother with. At least it doesn't require a cartridge though.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Really, it just makes the game easier... unless whoever is on the GBA likes dropping bombs on Link heh. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]*evil grin* I'm gonna have to play as Tingle when my friend is playing on his game, heheh.

Oh, and I also read in Nintendo Power, I think it was, that you can buy Tingle Potions, which restore hearts, magic power, or both (pretty much just like Red, Green, and Blue Potions). I think that would be the main thing that'd make the game easier, if you can buy potions while you're in dungeons.

Personally, I like being able to link the GCN with the GBA. (Of course, I have a GCN, GBA, and a GCN-GBA Link Cable). I'm looking forward to all the cool new features it's going to make available. :)[/color]

Cool beans. I really liked the whole gold packaging; gold is so cool, especially when on games. ^_^ 12 blocks shouldn't be a problem to save, either, since I got a 251 memory card, and all I have is Prime, Mega Collection, Melee, and the Zelda Bonus disk. I think I may take advantage of the connectivity in this. I do need to get one, after all, since I could be playing the original Metroid since I beat Fusion. It should be really fun to use because in addition to parts being considerably easier, you ca collect hidden chests to fully beat the game. Wohh! Sounds like fun; I'm the kind of person that just likes to have everything -- but rarely get it. o_O

I am really glad at the fact that it doesn't take a GBA cartridge to use the conectivity feature. I have had a GC-GBA link cable since last May and I still haven't had a chance to take the twisty-tie of it. So this will be a nice chance for me to finally be able to use that.

On another note,[B][SIZE=4]ONLY 6 MORE DAYS TILL WINDWAKER IS RELEASED!!![/SIZE][/B]

Calm down, Kizu. Yes, it'll be great when it comes out. The commercials made me think it was out because all they say is "Zelda: The Wind Waker for Gamecube" and that's it. It kinda threw me off because they didn't say it wasn't out yet. But then I recalled Kizu telling me "26th!" and all that.

Games are almost never released Monday. Everytime Nintendo announces a new game, they claim a Monday release date. I drive around going to 10 stores trying to find it. Nothing. They all tell me Tuesday at the earliest.

Tuesday is the day that new releases come out for games, music and movies. So that's the day I'm going to go try and get my copy.

A lot of department stores won't be selling the game til Wednesday or Thursday though, which is why you hear dates like the 26th.

It's still possible that it will be there on Monday. I've heard that EBgames.com is already shipping the games. So maybe this will be the one exception to the rule.

After trying to get Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, SSBM and SMS on a Monday though... I can't say I'm optimistic lol.

Well, EB is supposed to call me when my copy comes in, so....

Eh, I'll still make a special trip after class Monday night I guess. Here's hoping.

EDIT
I've just spent the last ten minutes browsing on the Official Wind Waker site and I like what I see. The colors are lush, the effects vivid to the point of realistic, and other gushtastic type stuff.
I'm still reserved about the faces, especially Link's--they seem to be capitalizing on his innocence a bit too much for my taste. HOWEVER, go to the official site, and check out the clip for when Tetra (the pirate captain, I believe) shoots him out of a cannon. Absolutely wonderful. ^_________^

There's also a bit of background without any spoilers; now that I know WHY this is going on, it's making more sense. And the old familiar stuff is there (remember dodging the Gerudo guards? remember the swordsman's shack in Termina? remember the rod that changes seasons/time?), just in different forms.

My final thought is, what will the bittersweet ending be this time? [color=red]Rhetorical question--[i]do not answer![/i][/color] Have you ever noticed that each Zelda game seems to have one? The more poignant ones are Link's Awakening, and both N64 games.

[color=indigo]Bah, I probably won't be able to get it for about a week after it comes out. My brother owes me $50, which would give me more than enough money to get it (got $20 now), but he lives about four hours away, so it's kind of hard for him to pay me unless he comes up to visit on a weekend. Maybe I can get a loan from someone until he's able to pay me.

Actually, it seems more like those three games were the only ones with the good, but kind of not good endings, I think. The first one, you rescue Zelda and everybody is happy again. (Haven't beaten the second, so I can't say about it, though). A Link to the Past, you ruscue Zelda and restore the Dark World to the Golden Land, and everyone is happy again. The Oracle games, yeah, it is that way for an unlinked game, but if you play a linked game and beat Ganon, it's all good. Four Swords, everything pretty much goes back to how it was and, yes, everyone is happy again. Maybe the writers were depressed when they wrote the story/endings for those games. :p[/color]

[color=#808080]The Tingle aspect is more interesting than most people think. IGNinsider had some information about it, which went into more detail.

Basically, without spoiling anything major, I can tell you that if you want to unlock [i]everything[/i] in this game, you'll need to utilize the two player GBA/GCN capability. There are some really interesting side quests and dungeon-related things where Tingle will be essential to finding certain unique items.

Of course, you'll find that out when you do it yourself...but yeah, it'll be a very interesting addition.

By the way, I notice lots of us have TWW banners now! lol

My avatar sucks; I need to make a new one. But I like my banner. ^_^

[/color]