OtakuBoards

RAW and SMACKDOWN

Darkness

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This happened about a week and a half ago. :)

Well, I'm entirely behind the RAW side. I mean, I've hated (big word) Vince since a long time ago. And plus, the SMACKDOWN side has all my favourite wrestlers in it, so yeah.... :D

I think that this split came at the wrong time. Wrestling is not as popular as it once was. Splitting the stars could pose a major problem. The best example I've heard is, "A sitcom can have six really good actors, but does that mean that you should split them into two sitcoms starring three people each?" Also it's very lop-sided. Expect many "trades" to occur within the next six months, until both shows have similar levels of talent. Hopefully, they'll trade an APA member for a Dudley member. The APA might have the charisma to make it in singles, but I have high doubts on the Dudley Boys.

The worst part about this whole thing is that some areas don't get SmackDown. Now many fans will only be able to see half of their favorite stars. I just hope that they don't split pay per views. Blech.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I don't think the split wll last but a week or so before we see wrestlers encroaching n each others shows[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehe, speaking of that, I've heard that Vince will be on Raw to "sign" Austin. We'll see...

[color=red][b]I don't watch wresting anymore, but I agree with what Crazy White Boy said. You can have a sitcom with 6 good people, but u can't make 2 sitcoms using 3 of the people from the first in each. After Sinfield was over, all the other shows that the acters were in flopped.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]This happened about a week and a half ago. :)
[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Actually, it happened 4 days ago. ;)

I don't like the split. First of all, they're putting way too much talent off cable. The draft really confuses me. Why make RAW and Smackdown almost completely one-sided? Raw has mostly heels, and Smackdown has mostly faces.

And I'm just talking about the draft, not the drawings.

Of course, this will let me see the return of some of my favorite mid-carders. De-lo Drown, Raven, etc. And some curtain ynakers are back. Dreamer, Justin Credible, etc.

The split also led to the worst Kane promo of all time. Gah, that will forever ruin him... Did anyone see it tonight? >.<[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

The split also led to the worst Kane promo of all time. Gah, that will forever ruin him... Did anyone see it tonight? >.<[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

I saw it.:) You really didn't like it? I thought it was great stuff. It was really nice to see a break in his usual serious character. Maybe they're going to do an angle with him like they did with Big Show and make him more all around humorous? It's nice to see the wrestlers having fun with their jobs once and a while.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
o.O;;

It did?! I t happened last Wednesday here, which is 1 week, and 2 days ago.... :rolleyes:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]After Sinfield was over, all the other shows that the acters were in flopped.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Which just goes to proove how unfunnt Sienfied was in the first place.... or at least i think so... but I'm off topic... I only watch the wrestling PPVs... nothing else.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Which just goes to proove how unfunnt Sienfied was in the first place.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]If you don't find the simple irony of Seinfeld funny...then you sir have [i]no[/i] sense of humor!

Also, the show was written largely by Jerry Seinfeld...the others were just actors. Thus, if they went somewhere else, I frankly wouldn't expect them to be funny lol.

So I don't see how that proves Seinfeld was unfunny or whatever...:drunk:

Anyway, back to discussions of oiled up men wrestling...and then we can talk about Smackdown. :drunk: :worried: [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]If you don't find the simple irony of Seinfeld funny...then you sir have [i]no[/i] sense of humor!

Also, the show was written largely by Jerry Seinfeld...the others were just actors. Thus, if they went somewhere else, I frankly wouldn't expect them to be funny lol.

So I don't see how that proves Seinfeld was unfunny or whatever...:drunk:

Anyway, back to discussions of oiled up men wrestling...and then we can talk about Smackdown. :drunk: :worried: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL!... anyway....

No that show was NOT funny... I couldn't stand it.. I hate Jerry Siendfield as an actor and a comedian... horrible... his voice, his jokes... it's terrible!...

Now, An American Girl with Maragret Chou was THE funniest show ever (next to the simpsons, and the like)... the gay community was outraged when that show was cancelled lol.

[size=1]I am unhappy with the roster split-up, the whole draft had made not only the fans of WWF upset but along with WWF Superstars.

I've been reading at some websites that Austin was upset with the roster split which explains why he hasn't shown up on Raw or Smackdown.

But aside from that I wonder if the Tag-Team Federation is going to go down hill since most of the Tag-Team partners are splitted up or on the other show.Sigh we'll just have to wait and see.

Speaking of Smackdown, Kane sure was wierd when he expressed his humourous side, too bad he can't be on both shows anymore to see if he will continue the humourous act.Sniff I'm gonna miss watching the Big Red Machine, since I don't have cable to watch Raw.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

I saw it.:) You really didn't like it? I thought it was great stuff. It was really nice to see a break in his usual serious character. Maybe they're going to do an angle with him like they did with Big Show and make him more all around humorous? It's nice to see the wrestlers having fun with their jobs once and a while. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]It was good at first, but it dragged on a little too long for me. Plus I can't stand when Rock or Kane uses that "What you gonna do, when blah blah blah blah"...

I did love the part when Kane used the "It doesn't matter!" phraze (don't say anything about me spelling that wrong, I like to spell it that way) on the Rock...

Anyways, I was pretty much sticking a q-tip in my ear to make me go deaf after listening to Rock's impressions of Hogan's former opponents... It was aweful. :nervous:

I hate the way Kane's going anyway. He went from a guy that kicked out of 2 Tombstones, and neraly a thrid, to a guy who's jobbing for Angle. o.o'''

What a slide, huh?

To Snail: :drunk: If that's true, than Raw must have been taped. I wasn't aware of that. Is this a usual thing now?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero_dude [/i]
[B]
the split came at the right time think about you have all these stars from wwf,wcw, and ecw all in one they all need tv time. they are not splitting the ppv's before the wwf was even talking about the split publicly there was a backlash ad that said ric flairs raw wrestlers will take on vince mcmahons smackdown wrestlers. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know, I still just don't feel that it's a good time. Sure, wrestlers will get more television time on one show, but they'll be totally absent from another. Also, the ratings were down for quite a while. Not that they're just starting to climb again, I don't know if cutting the talent in half is such a great idea. If anything, they could have just added one more show. Maybe I'll be wrong and things will work out, I don't know. But if they are to work out, WWF will have to iron out many of the roster and programming issues.

And Nerdsy, I know what you mean. Did you see when Kane jobbed to Test?! The old Big Red Machine is where it's at. I remember he used to pummel at least seven guys at once. Oh well, seems like he'll be pushed as a top face of Raw now.

[B]oh I forgot. It's been rumored ric flare is gonna start trading to get D-von so the dudley's aren't spliting for long [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Please edit your first post, rather than creating a second post directly after. I advise you to read our forum rules before you continue posting. :)[/color]

Guest Altron Gundam
I didn't like the roster split at all...well we have the supposed "two icons" of sports entertainment Hogan and Rock, both going to Smackdown...while Flair's top pick was Taker..gimme a break..Taker has only a few more good years in him besides acting like a punk ***...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Which just goes to proove how unfunnt Sienfied was in the first place.... or at least i think so... but I'm off topic... I only watch the wrestling PPVs... nothing else. [/B][/QUOTE]
**bashes tn over the head w/ a text book**

whatever, you have no sense of humor! but i agree that margaret cho's show was hilarious.

anyway, back to the topic, i doubt this split will last. nothing major like this ever does. & the ownership of the wwf is always chaging. someone else will take over & put it all back the way it was.

Tell you what. I give the split a year, if not even that long. But a disapointing year it will be; no Kane or Taker or the NwO to watch, because I have no cable.

What I don't understand is WHY they would do this in the first place. It can only hurt their business. And if you have more wrestlers than before you don't split all of them into two shows; that would actually make things more crowded. I say pro-wrestling is going downhill, it has been going downhill, and bringing Hogan back, Hogan of all people, is proof of this descent.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I think this draft thing sucks, we'll be seeing less of booker t now.... [/B][/QUOTE]

That's not a bad thing........that's a GOOD thing! :toothy:

Anyway, they're doing the split because they have an over abundance of talent. Everyone wants air time.

[B]for those of you who didn't see raw because of cable buh buh ray dudley won the hardcore championship and stone cold signed with flare [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, they kind of made Austin's decision obvious by showing him in the intro for the show. Ugh, what a way to give it away.

[color=red][size=3]I'm assuming that RAW will eventually become a showcase for good wrestlers who don't get the time they deserve.

But Flair is off to a good start...Trish and Terri in a bikini "paddle-on-the-pole" match? Can't wait to get home and watch the tape![/color][/size]