OtakuBoards

RAW and SMACKDOWN

Darkness

It really does suck that they split everything.No more 3-Ds, the Rock, Hogan and Kane won't be able to beat up on the nWo...:(
But at least the Hardy Boyz aren't split up!Did u see their tag team match last night?I forgot who they were fighting :(, but it was cool cuz the Hardy Boyz won! :) And I'm glad that Stone Cold signed with Flair, I hate McMahon!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Yeah, but wouldn't it be hard to build up feuds then? [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]It would be impossible. Until the inevitable "invasion" happens, where someone from Raw or Smackdown "invades" the opposites show.

With the split, the Pay-Per-Views will go down hill. If they do have inter-promotional matches, they won't have much history, so it will just be people wrestling for no reason. That is for curtain-yanking at a house show, not for a PPV. If they don't have inter-promotional matches... they'll have everyone wrestling on the same card, and probably have little to no talk about the split.

Plus the draft... As strong as he is, why would anyone want to put someone who's [i]never[/i] wrestled a televised match on the draft? On Raw no less? They should have Mark Henry and Brock Lesner switch shows.[/COLOR]

This whole split, if it stays, is probably the beginning of a new wrestling league. Like WCW and ECW, one of the shows will evolve into something enitrely different. Communications between the two shows may eventually stop altogether.

I mean, think about it. There's now two different "owners" on two different shows. There are different wrestlers on each show who are supposedly gonna stay on each other's sides. It only makes sense that something like this would happen.

They probably just want another reason to do an "Invasion" series again.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=deeppink]

With the split, the Pay-Per-Views will go down hill. If they do have inter-promotional matches, they won't have much history, so it will just be people wrestling for no reason. That is for curtain-yanking at a house show, not for a PPV. If they don't have inter-promotional matches... they'll have everyone wrestling on the same card, and probably have little to no talk about the split.

[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

You know what the funniest thing about all that is? lol, It might actually be an improvement. Can you believe that the best the WWF creative team could come up with was having Booker T wrestle Edge over shampoo at [B]Wrestlemania[/B]? Gee, it's the superbowl of wrestling and we'll build a match around two guys fighting over a japanese shampoo commercial. Gimme a break. Now at least instead of poor angle development, we'll have none.

[B]

You know what the funniest thing about all that is? lol, It might actually be an improvement. Can you believe that the best the WWF creative team could come up with was having Booker T wrestle Edge over shampoo at [B]Wrestlemania[/B]? Gee, it's the superbowl of wrestling and we'll build a match around two guys fighting over a japanese shampoo commercial. Gimme a break. Now at least instead of poor angle development, we'll have none. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]I'll say this: That storyline was better than the Gobbledygooker. Remember him? >.<[/COLOR]

[B]

[COLOR=deeppink]I'll say this: That storyline was better than the Gobbledygooker. Remember him? >.<[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh man, I can't believe that someone else actually knows who the Gobbleygooker is. That's impressive. But, let me ask you this: Is Hurricane Helms and his "woosh" sound effect any better?

On a funny note, I remember when Chucky (Child's Play doll) started arguing with Rick Steiner. Or, there's the time Robo Cop pried open the bars of a steel cage match where the loser was supposed to die in an electric chair.

I guess, I [I]should[/I] feel thankful for Shampoo afterall.

[B]

Oh man, I can't believe that someone else actually knows who the Gobbleygooker is. That's impressive. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Don't give me too much credit. he (or someone dressed up like him) was at WrestleMania 2001, in the Gimmick Battle Royal.

It makes me wonder how much Mcmahon was paying in those days. :drunk:

I just thought of something...

What will happen to Heat and Jakked/Metal? Will they be affected by the split?

I hope they make it so that they'd have inter-promotional at Heat. Thet would put Heat backon the map, and take it away from beeing a [i]fith[/i] recap show in the week. (assuming Super Starz and the other one is still on) [/COLOR]

[B]

[COLOR=deeppink]

What will happen to Heat and Jakked/Metal? Will they be affected by the split?

I hope they make it so that they'd have inter-promotional at Heat. Thet would put Heat backon the map, and take it away from beeing a [i]fith[/i] recap show in the week. (assuming Super Starz and the other one is still on) [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, Heat is going to be Flair's show (it was taped Monday) and Jakked/Metal will be McMahon's show. I too, would like to see some of these shows, like Heat became a quality show again. It seems like it's gaining slightly more quality now though.

I saw that battle royal too. The nostalgia was overwhelming. Just hearing Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and Mean Gene was worth the price of the ppv.

By the way, I'll just update eveyone and make note of Nash's torn bicep. It'll be a few months before he's in action again, according to what I've heard. Bad news....

[B]
It'll be a few months before he's in action again, according to what I've heard. Bad news.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]So, all those clotheslines and 30 second punches finally got to him, ay?

Or maybe it's been so long since he's had to sell, he's forgotten how to take a bump. o.O[/COLOR]

i don't know if anyone else has thought of this already but i was watching tough enough last night and was wondering who would get the winner of tough enough 2? do they have an agreement since mcmahon has a rookie flair gets the new winner or are they going to flip a coin or what?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ4BROLLI [/i]
[B]i don't know if anyone else has thought of this already but i was watching tough enough last night and was wondering who would get the winner of tough enough 2? do they have an agreement since mcmahon has a rookie flair gets the new winner or are they going to flip a coin or what? [/B][/QUOTE]

I have no clue what they'll do with the new winner. WWF managemnt is seriously considering brining Chris Harvard in for a feud with Maven though. They've even given him a couple dark matches. I'd bet that Flair would get the rookie though; it'd really even things up.

As for Nash not selling, well you're right Nerdsy. But, you do have to admit that the powerbomb he gave to Rock a couple weeks ago, was a thing of beauty.

[B]As for Nash not selling, well you're right Nerdsy. But, you do have to admit that the powerbomb he gave to Rock a couple weeks ago, was a thing of beauty. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink](this is Nerdsy)

I don't remember it. When Nash or Hogan start wrestling, I usually turn to another station.

Well, my take on the Tough Enough is that one side will get the Men's Champion and the other will get the Womens Champion. Which side gets which, I do not know.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=deeppink](this is Nerdsy)

I don't remember it. When Nash or Hogan start wrestling, I usually turn to another station.

Well, my take on the Tough Enough is that one side will get the Men's Champion and the other will get the Womens Champion. Which side gets which, I do not know.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
they're not going to do that because they said that both the women's and the men's champion will be available to both shows.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ4BROLLI [/i]
[B]
they're not going to do that because they said that both the women's and the men's champion will be available to both shows. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]I meant from Tough Enough.[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G/S/B Master [/i]
[B]because it look like the WCW and the WWF champion belts combind. [/B][/QUOTE]

erm, isn't that like, kind of the point?

I still think this whole drafting thing is stupid, now I can only see kurt angle once a week, sniff, it's too cruel....

It's gonna turn out like Invasion again sort of. I mean, RAW wrestlers will start joining the nWo (Big Show :angry2: ), and vice versa.....

If it does turn out like that, I won't be watching it for too long....

And where the hell has The Rock gone too?!

[EDIT] Crap, he's on SMACKDOWN..... :drunk:[/EDIT]