OtakuBoards

RAW and SMACKDOWN

Darkness

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]It's gonna turn out like Invasion again sort of. I mean, RAW wrestlers will start joining the nWo (Big Show :angry2: ), and vice versa.....

If it does turn out like that, I won't be watching it for too long....

And where the hell has The Rock gone too?!

[EDIT] Crap, he's on SMACKDOWN..... :drunk:[/EDIT] [/B][/QUOTE]

The Rock is promoting "The Scorpion King" and after that he'll be filming "Hellderado" and perhaps "The Scorpion King 2." Unfortunately, chances are, he won't be back (regularly) for another year. Compound this with Kurt Angle leaving WWF for two years to train for the 2004 Olympics, DDP possible retiring do to an injury and Lita being out of action for six to nine months because of an injury and you've got trouble.

Basically, WWF is turning into WCW (that's not a good thing). Ever single face lost at Backlash except for Hogan. Coincidence? I think not...

Hogan's fine though, but if they bring back Goldberg I will really be a little tired of wrestling. The "What" chants are bad enough. We don't need more annoying crap.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

The Rock is promoting "The Scorpion King" and after that he'll be filming "Hellderado" and perhaps "The Scorpion King 2." Unfortunately, chances are, he won't be back (regularly) for another year. Compound this with Kurt Angle leaving WWF for two years to train for the 2004 Olympics, DDP possible retiring do to an injury and Lita being out of action for six to nine months because of an injury and you've got trouble.

Basically, WWF is turning into WCW (that's not a good thing). Ever single face lost at Backlash except for Hogan. Coincidence? I think not...

Hogan's fine though, but if they bring back Goldberg I will really be a little tired of wrestling. The "What" chants are bad enough. We don't need more annoying crap. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]I agree with everything you say, except for Hogan (but I'm not going into that).

I've been bored with wrestling for the longest time. I have seen a full show (excluding pay-per-views) in over a year. I blame WCW closing. As bad as it was, it was something [i]different[/i].

I read an interesting article a little while ago. Here, let me see if I can find it...

Gah, I can't find it. I'll see if I can find it later, and I'll edit/post it.

Anyway, the just of it is that the WWF isn't going downhill. In fact, it's the same as it's been. It just seems that way since there is no more WCW to compare it to.

Now, this may have been all well and true when this article was written (December or January), but a few months have passed. It's gone WAY downhill since then. Hogan winning the title? Triple H having it for [i]one month[/i]? Now that's a bad decision.

I'm not even going to start on the split...

Taz, Mike Awesome, Jerry Lyn, Spike Dudly, and most of the other ECW workers have been misused. RVD is doing good, even though he isn't the hardcore guy he used to be.

Foley is gone. Yeah, I know he's been gone for a while, but I still grieve for it. I do, however, think Undertaker should join him. He is way past his prime.

Gah, enough rambling. I'll shut up now.[/COLOR]

Well that sucks..... though I'll probably see all of the movies that The Rock is in.....

Does anyone here actually think that Booker T is funny? I mean, with all these other wrestlers gone for a while, him and Goldust make the laughing stock out of the WWF....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Well that sucks..... though I'll probably see all of the movies that The Rock is in.....

Does anyone here actually think that Booker T is funny? I mean, with all these other wrestlers gone for a while, him and Goldust make the laughing stock out of the WWF.... [/B][/QUOTE]

booker t is one of my favourite wrestlers, heck, I was called "Booker S" for a while, lol....

lol, yeah I remember that.....

He comes up with all these funny gags, like when Goldust enters the room and does that... "breathing" thing.... Booker T makes a gag of it.... he just cracks me up...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=deeppink]
I've been bored with wrestling for the longest time. I have seen a full show (excluding pay-per-views) in over a year. I blame WCW closing. As bad as it was, it was something [i]different[/i].

Anyway, the just of it is that the WWF isn't going downhill. In fact, it's the same as it's been. It just seems that way since there is no more WCW to compare it to.

Now, this may have been all well and true when this article was written (December or January), but a few months have passed. It's gone WAY downhill since then. Hogan winning the title? Triple H having it for [i]one month[/i]? Now that's a bad decision.

I'm not even going to start on the split...

Taz, Mike Awesome, Jerry Lyn, Spike Dudly, and most of the other ECW workers have been misused. RVD is doing good, even though he isn't the hardcore guy he used to be.

Foley is gone. Yeah, I know he's been gone for a while, but I still grieve for it. I do, however, think Undertaker should join him. He is way past his prime.
[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, WCW closing along with ECW was definitely bad for the industry. At first I looked on with a thread of optimism, hoping that WWF would get it a timeslot on TNN and revamp it. Alas, they give us Excess and completely phase out WCW in favor of a roster split.

Anyway, the fact that WWF is staying the same, [I]does[/I], indeed, mean it's going downhill. Basically, when competition was around (even if it was horrid) WWF constantly tried new things to keep people interested. Now, that they're the only big dogs in the buisness, we see the same people winning the same titles over and over again. I mean, why even have a Royal Rumble with 30 men? Just stick in Austin, Rock, HHH, Angle, Jericho, Undertaker and call it the new battle royal. We all know they're gonna win every year.

I agree that a lot of talent is misused. WWF actually released Jerry Lynn. What a horrible move. He has every right to receive a push as anyone else in the business. Besides a couple lightweight matches, we saw nothing of him. RVD is constantly jobbing too. His intercontinental title reign should have lasted the better part of the year at least. The intercontinental title could use the credibility.

As for Hogan winning the title, he only did so because the WWF can't really tell how long Hulkamania will last. They wanted to put the strap around him while he's marketable. If the nostalgia starts wearing off, he'll drop the belt. As a matter of fact, he basically forshadowed a short title reign in one of his promos.

Backlash was really like WCW though. Every face lost except for Hogan so that he would be over more when he beat HHH. I mean, I'm a Hogan mark, but the booking team shouldn't sacrifice every face for one match.

the reason they gave hogan the title was so that when he loses it, it will be a passing of the torch in a sense. the legendary hulk hogan of the past is passing the business off to whoever he loses it to, the new generation. i agree that HHH should have held the title for more that just a month. he deserves it. i mean coming back from a possible career ending injury. that was just wrong of them.

It's definately looking that way from my point of view.... The Undertaker is always doing something one night or the other that puts him in the wrong.... and sooner or later he'll join the nWo...

Wow, what a huge Raw. Flair made his expected heel turn, joining forces with the nWo and of course, we have the name change to WWE.

I'm glad to see that the WWF is finally doing something to promote the nWo. It would have been pretty senseless to sign them for the big bucks, only to let the angle fail.

Anyone see Hogan's motorcycle spot go bad? I can't believe it stalled. That had to be the most humiliating moment of his career. I almost cringed myself seeing that. Ugh, so embarrassing....

So, what do you guys think about "Get the 'F' out?" I would have much rather they kept it "WWFE" instead. To have so much history with a name, only to ditch is like it's nothing is insane.

Darn World Wildlife Foundation (if that's what the "F" stands for, hehe).

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:mad: Yeah WWF is now known as the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment), thanks to a law suit brought up by the World Wildlife Federtaion. Personally I think the name change could have been better, World Wrestling Entertainment sounds rather odd and not catchy. One thing that is funny is now WWF New York is WWE New York, it just doesn't sound right at all, even some of the wrestlers and announcer's screwed up tonight on Raw and said WWF! :laugh:

Maybe they shouldv'e changed it to.... WWW? World Wrestling World? ........neh, doesn't sound too good either....

...one thing i noticed, is that the intro still is the same as it was for wwf, it still says "wwf" in it.... well tonight's show did...

ww[i]f[/i]e?? f?? i thought it was only wwe.... :drunk:

still, it sounds kinda weird, they could've made it "wwef" , so the "ef" part makes an "f" sound.... and that way, it still sounds like "wwf".... :drunk: hope that made sense....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]wwfe stands for world wrestling federation enterprise, not entertainment, I thought it was entertainment at first though.... [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, I'm confusing you too much. Okay, don't kill me, but now I think they actually made it stand for "entertainment" in the new name. WWFe was kinda their business name, but I think they use WWE (since it's their actual advertised name) to promote that they're entertainment. Heck, it could still be enterprises, but I think I heard them say entertainment last night. *kills WWF*

i hate this world wrestling entertainment crap. i mean who cares if someone uses the same initials as you. eventhought the wildlife thing was formed before the wwf. people recognize the initals as relating to wrestling and not wildlife. this is bs.

[Quote][B]World Wrestling Entertainment senior vice president for talent relations Jim Ross announced today that WWE and Scott Hall have mutually agreed to end their contractual relationship. WWE wishes Hall the best of luck in his future endeavors.[/Quote][/B]

Yep, you heard it right folks, we'll no longer be seeing Scott Hall in the WWF. I personally think that this is horrible news. The stale nWo angle was just starting to pick up momentum. This whole situation stems from a plane trip coming back from InsurreXtion PPV.

[Quote][B]Scott Hall was reportably 'wasted' the entire trip in Europe over the past few days. He was apparently the one who was behind the 'goofing off' that went on during the plane ride home.

Hall also showed up to RAW yesterday under the influence. As of earlier today, Scott Hall is no longer with the World Wrestling Federation.[/Quote][/B]

There is a bit of controversy though, in that some people say that Hall was asleep and had little or nothing to do with the incident. Wow, WWE really disappoints me every day now, lol. First a see a sloppy Raw and now this. Hopefull SmackDown will make it all better.

it is actually WWE, Jim Ross called it that tonight, "World Wrestling Entertainment", and on the advertising screen outside of the building, it came up as WWE: Sold Out!.

what the hell?? scott hall not showing up anymore?? well, to be honest, i'm not really dissapointed, i hardly ever saw him on the wwf anyway....

I still can't get over Hogan running over the undertaker's motorcycle....

what the poop is going on with the wwf? they can't lose scott hall, he's barely been in the wwf for a few months! they may as well have just formed the nwo with wwf wrestlers from the start, since that is what I see happening :rolleyes:

and what kind of sheeet azz name is wwe anyway? damn the wildlife foundation!

*goes to blow up their base, being careful not to harm any animals such as cute panda's*

Yep and it only gets worse. Most people won't care, but I, being a Mr. Perfect fan, am disappointed to learn that he too has been fired. Goldust is even in hot water and may be the next to go, though it is unlikely. Furthermore, Bradshaw will most likely be suspended or be disciplined for his behavior on the plane as well.

On another note:

[Quote][B]The latest edition of WWE Magazine, which features The Rock and Steve Austin on the cover, includes a note which may mean that this year's WWE King Of The Ring pay-per-view may have been cancelled in favor of a different pay-per-view. The pay-per-view calendar within the magazine states the pay-per-view on June 23 in Columbus, Ohio as "TBD". This is most likely a sign of things to come, as the June WWE pay-per-view has been King Of The Ring for quite some time.[/B][/Quote]

I really hope that they stick with King of the Ring. I was really looking forward to RVD winning it and getting the monster push that he deserves. Ah well...

geez, wwf is turning crap.... crapper then ever before.... bradshaw doesn't have to be suspended, that will just be worse... maybe disciplined, yeah, but please not suspended....

and anyways, i've noticed that farooq (sp?) hasn't been around.... why is that?

Guest Fly-T
Farrooq still around hes the one that does the bettn w/ mark henry on SD and SS i agree it sux the the wwf is crappy now and yall heard RIC joined the NWO thats why he hit SC wth the chair

and rock didnt get hit by the truck he had to do the movie and kevn nash wasnt really suspended he had an injury so he made it look like he got suspended

no one really gets suspended in the wwf....sorry wwE. it's just a cover up so people can do other things. like when the rock got suspened a while ago. that's when he was filming the scorpion king. when they say that they are suspended it's just so that they can do other projects or recover without the people knowing that they are hurt.