OtakuBoards

Latham Adytum

Ravenstorture

[I]I sat outside in the wind, hunched over in emotional pain. Why did battle wounds only throb and apologies sting like welts rubbed with seasalt? Why am I so strong and agile in body yet weak and exposed in mind? What is wrong with me? I blame everything on my mutations. Why am I such a freak. Why does it have to be this way. Questions I ask myself every moment of night and day, yet I shy from the alternative...wait, footsteps... a figure approaches, walks with a catlike grace, not a lurching gait of the Lightbearers. I curl into the shadows and halt my breathing, difficult to do so short after crying. I let him pass and regain my breath. Listening intently to the conversation inside, I try to discern an identity to the newcomer. Were it not for the fact that he did not sense my presence, it may have been Harlequin. We can always scent eachother at close range, it's easy... he smells like me and I smell like him.
Another person approaches me from inside, it's Athen. He looks angrily at me when he sees my foetal position, but when I look up with my tearstained eyes he smiles sympathetically and pats my hair. He offers my hand with a familiar call of, "My lady...", and I smile and take it, standing and wiping my eyes on my coatsleeve. The tempting aroma of burnt antelope consumes me as I step inside the house, and strangely enough all my feelings of hunger suddenly vanish. [/I]

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cloricus
(ofc) (I think I have this right now)

[I]*they where starting to come back, my "powers" as some had called them some time ago. I remembered them well, I could heal myself and others, and hear peoples thoughts if they projected them to me (thought of me and then said a massage) and to see where people I knew where - these where many of the reasons I was attacked by Lightbearers.[/I]

[I]I could feal hate from the one who went looking for "spyder" and curiousness from valeigh and felt there where others in the house maybe five?[/I]

[I]I got up and follow where the man had gone and found them talking, I waited in the shadows...[/I]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh touched her blade to the antelope and cut out a slice. Testing it with her teeth, she tore off a bite, chewed reflectively, then swallowed.[/i]

Athen: Well?

Valeigh: .....not bad.

Syder: .....dig in.

[i]They fell to the meat without ceremony, while Eps watched them venemously......Valeigh stepped back after several minutes, and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand......then she sheathed her blade and turned on Eps.......[/i]

Valeigh: Why do you not eat?

Eps: Don't want to.

Valeigh: The chance won't come again soon.

Eps: .......so what.

Valeigh: *shrug* Go ahead and starve then.[/COLOR]

Guest cloricus
OOC:

[I]after they finished eating and there was a few small peaces left, I bent down and picked up the biggest of them.[/I]

[I]turn so not to face the group I heated up the meat, cooking it...[/I]

Valeigh: your eyes... there glowing again.

Eps: I know - I'm cooking the meat.

[I]*going and eating the meat over in the corner away from every one - tasted really good.[/I]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico walked back into the kitchen and saw the newly formed group finishing up their dinner. Barely anything was left for him, and he was starving...[/i]

Rico: Oh...

[i]Rico turned around and walked outside to the front porch...carrying his pack by his side.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh stepped out after Rico and tapped his shoulder. He turned and looked at her. She held out a slab of meat that could've easily passed for a very large steak.[/i]

Rico: Thankx.

Valeigh: Sure. I owe you. Still.

Rico: *shrug*

[i]He took the meat and Valeigh left.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]I sunk my teeth in for a time, savoring the half-cooked flavor of whatever animal Spyder caught on her outing...As I sat in front of the porch, overlooking the desert in front of me. I an ominous silence inside and out. This place wasn't like the inner city that I left behind. Much more peaceful and calm. I took my time devouring my meal, making it last until the final rays of the sunlight began to fade into the horizon like a dying fire. The moon and the stars began to shine once again...

I looked forward, and a strange sight appeared...I put the last piece of meat into my mouth and swallowed it. "Thanks," I said silently to Valeigh, even though she wasn't there anymore. I felt really bad that I almost starved tonight. But, there are good souls out there...and I've hopefully found a few here...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh leaned over from the top of the eaves.....she had been watching Rico's every move silently, waiting for him to say the words. As soon as his lips moved, Valeigh dropped down from her position, landing on her feet in front of him.[/i]

Rico: !

Valeigh: You're welcome.

Rico: .....have you been watching me this whole time?

Valeigh: Yes.

Rico: Why?

Valeigh: .....

[i]She stepped closer to him, then drew her fingers across his face gently, then ran into the house, face flushing red.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]I felt my eyebrows lower. If someone was looking at me now, I seemed mad. But I was a little confusing. Being isolated away from normal life, whatever normal was, I never really expected to overcome a strange emotion like this...my chest ached and my stomach tickled. My face quickly filled up with blood, that the cold windy air couldn't cool it down. I could feel my heartbeat lightly. I just sat there, trying to figure it all out, even though I did know what was going on, I held that feeling of confusion. I stood up and streched, then I walked back inside.

Spyder and Athen were there, along with someone else...
[/i]

Eps: Hey...

Rico: Who are you?

Eps: You didn't notice me?

Spyder: It's alright...this is Eps, one of our own...from hell, of course.

Athen: He's from our side of the tracks...so we can trust him, more or less.

Rico: So you're the one who nearly left me starving.

Eps: Umm...

Spyder: Don't be so hard on the newcomer...

Athen: Okay, it's getting late...we'll get acquainted tomorrow...but tonight...we rest...[/COLOR]

Guest cloricus
(OOC)

[I]Spyder, Athen and Rico where all asleep so I went up on to the roof and wondered what the next day would bring hoping that some one might come up and talk. But that wasn?t going to happen so I just sat there and stared at the picture I had of the old world.[/I]

[I]Spyder walked carefully up the wooden staircase, the darkness growing thicker until it enveloped her and she had to pause momentarily to set her night vision. Soon the ruined hallway appeared in front of her again, and she continued along it. Peering into each doorway as she passed it, she found three bedrooms, the bathroom, and what looked to be a study of some sort. The last door in the corridor, furtherest back in the house, was locked. She smiled with glee and removed a glove once more. Kneeling in front of the keyhole, she looked into it and saw light passing through, obstructed by a cylindrical object, hopefully a key of sorts. Spyder inserted one of her metallic fingernails into the lock and jiggled it until she hear the clink of metal falling on floorboards on the other side of the door. Then, checking the keyhole again to see if it was unobstructed, she lay on the floor and slid a nail under the doorway. A moment or two of scratching revealed that the key was two far away for her to reach with her two inch nail. Resting her head upon the ground, Spyder closed her eyes and opened her mind to the night in meditation, flinching at the sheer evil of the place in which she lay. Breathing deeply, concentrating on growth, concentrate, concentrate... the sound of metal scraping against wood... two and a half inches, three inches, three and a half, four, five, six... she opened her eyes and adjusted her other hand so that she would not impale herself during the exercise. Breathing slowly, deeply, retracting the probes from her mind into her fingers, into the enemies around her. More scratching, a clink. She had found it.
Spyder brought the key out from under the door and sucked in deeply, her steel nails shrinking quickly back into her flesh. She winced at the cold sting it produced. Replacing her glove, she stood and leant against a wall as the blood flowed into her head slowly, making her sway. Squatting over, picking up the key. Inserting it into the lock, turning it, a click, grabbing the doorhandle, turning slowly, another click, pushing the door in, stepping inside...[/I]

Name: The Harlequin
Possessions: Extended twin viper, blackened kris
Bio: Hidden behind The Harlequin's spiderweb tatooed, expressionless face, is the shattered pristine of a tortured mind and soul. The only light in his dark bastion of solitude is his love Spyder.

Damp earth. A grave? Where was he? The Harlequin's memory slowly focused itself, yet the finer details still eluded him. Something about him was different. And that difference was located in his psyche, his soul. Resolving to ponder it later, The Harlequin started to clear a space around him, to return to what was left of his known world.

Guest cloricus
(OOC)

[I]knowing that spyder was coming down the hall and then hearing her. she started to fumble with the lock and then opening it only to find me looking at my photo of the old word. I had long since come in from the roof.[/I]

Eps: Spyder.... *[I]looking up from the photo to see her stairing back[/I]* ...are you a mutant to?

Spyder: what...

Eps: your fingernail

Spyder: ...

Eps: you might want to know that your friend harlequin is alive

Upon clearing the barren, yet comforting earth from around him, The Harlequin realised what the disruption to his auras was. He was dead. This knowledge did not faze him, yet brought bitter laughter to his throat. "So much for otherworldly truths", he thought, mocking himself, although he did not yet know how.

Yet another thought intruded on his randomly spinning conciousness. Someone had buried him, after his death. An inconvenience, but overcome. Still. Gathering up his knife and twin viper, The Harlequin, left only with the knowledge that someone had inconvenienced him, and the vaguely disturbing thought that he was missing a major part of his former life, set out to find out who had performed the almost forgotten Last Rites on him and, in typical fashion, evicerate him and string his guts up on a nearby fence.

[COLOR=darkblue][i]That night, Rico slept well. The silence and the comfort was more than enough for him to just lay on the floor with his pack behind his head. Back in the city, he would have set his mind on full alert while resting. How long had it been since he'd gotten a full night's sleep. Sounds from outside the hallway woke him up...[/i]

Rico: mmmmm...

[i]He opened his eyes slowly. The bright moonlight shone through the shutters of the old house. He noticed the light shifting and he could hear footsteps just a few feet away from him. He sprung up...Valeigh was there, groggy. She gasped.[/i]

Rico: Oh, I'm sorry...

Valeigh: It's alright...I was just relieving myself.

Rico: Were we sharing a room?

Valeigh: There's not enough room here...you fell asleep quick...Athen is downstairs, Spyder is across the hall from us, and Eps is to the left. Four bed, two bath house...

Rico: What is Spyder doing?

Valeigh: I guess personal stuff...

[i]Rico sat up, crossing his legs. Valeigh sat on the soft carpet floor as well, resting her back by the wall.[/i]

Valeigh: *sigh*

Rico: Where do you come from in this city?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Valeigh: ....the Northern end.

Rico: Cold?

Valeigh: ....sparsely populated, gangs every few miles, date rape, monsters, demonic influence....and those damn lightbearers.

Rico: Do you have family?

[i]Instantly, Valeigh's eyes sharpened and her blood ran hot. Rico immediatly knew he had touched a nerve and fell silent.[/i]

Rico: Sorry.

Valeigh: It's alright.[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=darkblue][i]Rico sat up, cross-legged and stared blankly into the darkness...[/i]

Rico: It happens a lot around here...kinda messed up. Hmm, I haven't seen any light bearers around lately in my area.

Valeigh: You don't live there anymore, do you...

Rico: Escaped...

Valeigh: Same here, so I guess we're nomads then...

Rico: If you say so...

[i]Rico noticed the shadows of the window shutters and the light from outside...orange and yellow. He stood up and took a quick peek outside. Valeigh followed his lead, staying behind him and looking over his shoulder as Rico pushed the plastic shutter slightly downward.[/i]

Valeigh: Anything there?

[i]Rico crouched down quickly, followed by Valeigh...[/i]

Rico: Someone's outside, armed with lit staffs...I guess I'll be able to remember what the lightbearers really look like now.

Valeigh: Are they looking at this house?

Rico: I dunno...I'm not going to risk them detecting us.

[i]Valeigh creeped over to the door, keeping her head low. She peered out and saw Eps and Spyder walking by. They saw Valeigh crouched down and walked towards her.[/i]

Spyder: What's wrong?

Valeigh: I think there may be lightbearers outside.

Eps: ... :demon:

Rico: We shouldn't mess with them...we don't really know what we're up against...and I'm not really sure if it's actually them.

Spyder: How many of them are there?

Rico: Just one...

[i]The four noticed footsteps downstairs...they began talking in whispers...[/i]

Rico: Is anyone down there?

Spyder: No...Liam's resting in the other room...

Eps: It's just one person...

Valeigh: Well, [i]you[/i] can go if you want to...I'm not really in the mood to fight..

Spyder: Rico? Coming with?

[i]Rico shook his head.[/i]

Rico: No...not if I have to...none of us should be alone right now...

Spyder: You're sure it's only one person...

[i]Rico crept back and looked outside the window...he couldn't see much since the only light was coming from the lamp post...no one seemed to be outside on the front yard.[/i]

Rico: The front's clear...

[i]Eps and Spyder stood up and started walking towards the stairs...Valeigh got back inside the room and left the door open. Rico reached into his pack and got out his combat knife. They sat next to each other and listened to the advancing foosteps of Eps, Spyder, and the unknown intruder...[/i]

Valeigh: Good luck....[/color]

Guest cloricus
*[I]turning to face spyder as they walked towards the stairs[/I]

Eps: there?s one, armed and not one of ours I don?t think.... it could be harlequin?

Damn it. The words seemed to resound in The Harlequin's mind. Why did he have to remember everything now? In the midst of a god damn wrecked city with some very strange people wandering around. Pity they weren't interested in talking though. Pity they weren't any good either. Oh well. He'd killed strangers without provocation before. It was nothing new. Damn distractions.

What was that ahead? A rather strange, sooty light. Almost torchlight, but without the flicker. Who cares. Time to evicerate whatever comes along. Spinning his twin viper in elaborate patterns with one hand, and loosening his kris with the other, The Harlequin's savage grin chilled the nearby rats as he stalked in for a kill.

Guest cloricus
OOC ---

*[I]looking at spyder walking towards the stairs trying to see whom the intruder was, he had a dark soul normally a lightbearer but I'd never meet harlequin before so I didn?t know.

Just as we reached the steps time froze? I could still move but every thing else had stopped. I could see things, but they couldn?t be. My family, years ago? I was back; back before all this started 2004 I had just finished watching star wars episode 9 in the movies. I remembered it well it was about two week before the great merged - when the dark world merged with the light world. after the great merged scientists managed to keep the two worlds apart until about 2006 when people started crossing over and where never seen again including my family. after the barriers had collapsed between the two worlds every thing seemed to work for a while people went along with there normal lives until the lightbearers and several other groups started to pop up around the place. mutants - people who couldn?t take the change of the two worlds coming together and changed normally for the better where frond upon and segregated from normal society. but now the world was in darkness and lightbearers had come out on top as the main group they where after everyone who wasn?t with them. the best and fittest where forming groups and relying on the very mutants it segregated to survive. but all this hate was long gone now - they had to survive.

just as quickly time restored its self. my memory was completely back and my powers where there to, better than ever before and I could see the person we where up against. looking across I saw spyder looking at me. I told her who it was and waited to see what she would do...[/I]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Valeigh folded her hands in her lap, head down, eyes shut. The blood in her body was beginning to race faster and she fought the urge to step outside...[/i]

Spyder: What are you doing?

[i]She looked up momentarily, then stared at her hands again.[/i]

Valeigh:...nothing.

Eps: Why are your eyes turning blue?

[i]Valeigh slammed her hands down on the table, eyes sparking with rage, then stormed upstairs.[/i][/COLOR]

[i]Athen sat at the top of the stairs, not bothering to look up as Valiegh walked past[/i]

Athen: I know this is going through one ear and out the other. But, I'm going to say it anyway

Valeigh: don't then, space is all I need, not any speech from you

Athen: *stands* fine, we are only trying to help, friends are sparse in these parts

[i]Athen walked down the stairs, leaving Valeigh slightly confused and annoyed. He continued into the room, noting Halequin's presence[/i]

Athen: *smiles* I see the barrier of death is small compared to others. .:rolleyes:

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Rico stood by the door to the room he was sleeping in and rested by the beams...[/i]

Rico: ...

[i]Valeigh looked up and noticed Rico, basked in the moon's glow through the blinds...[/i]

Valeigh: What?

Rico: Friend, I take it...

Valeigh: Unfortunately...

Rico: How so?

Valeigh: Can't you see, my blood's boiling and I'm ready to kill..

Rico: Can you control it?

Valeigh: Barely...

Rico: Just calm down.

[i]Rico lifted himself straght up and walked past her.[/i]

Valeigh: Where are you going?

Rico: Greeting the new visitor...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Rico turned to Valeigh, and was about to say something when she suddenly was tossed back into the ground, lips bleeding heavily. In an instant, Valeigh had leapt to her feet, fists raised. She jerked her head to one side, then slammed her fist forward, coming into contact with something. Her braids whipped around her face and came lose...at the same time, an invisible hand caught her neck and raised Valeigh several feet off the ground. She yelled hoarsely, kicked to the side, then she dropped to the ground on all fours.[/i]

Spyder: What the hell?

Rico: ...she was fine....and all of a sudden she went psycho...

[i]By now Valeigh's face was bleeding and the blood was running from her face...she continued to fight the unseen enemy, then spit the blood from her mouth...It flew through space, then smacked against something. There was a flicker of light, and then a strange...something...burst into existance. Valeigh's eyes narrowed, and her face twisted into an unpleasant grimace. It was tall, at least seven feet, with long downward curving horns, thick blonde hair and feral teeth. The thing screamed at her and she screeched back, her hair flying around her face....the two communicated for another three seconds, then went into a bout of furious fist fighting.[/i]

Athen: I don't beleive it....

Spyder: How did he get in here?

Valeigh: ...taste silver!

[i]Her hands dropped to her sword and pulled it free, beheading the creature. It's body rolled forward and disapeared, but the horned head remained....Valeigh touched her bruises gingerly, then felt the blood singing in her veins. She pounced and stabbed downwards, both hands wrapped around the blade, and the being vaporized. Valeigh stood up, sheathed her sword, and tied her hair back again...[/i]

Eps: What was that thing?

Valeigh: You don't want to know.

Spyder: It's one of those beast/human things.

Valeigh: Some have called them the [i]Bantis Puhar[/i]. But I call them vermin.

Athen: Why did it attack you and not me?

Valeigh: ...One of theirs killed my baby sister, now I live to kill them. Ochkih-Hadda ordains it and I obey.

Eps: You dare to say his full name?!?

Valeigh: The Lord of Evil covers my life.

Spyder: *crosses arms* Then why did a Lightbearer give you a transfusion?

Valeigh: One of the Bantis had hurt me so badly, I was both hallucinating and hovering between life and death. I had no idea that there was a transfusion taking place. And I didn't know until I was cut in a fight, and the blood flowed blue...

Rico: Did any power of theirs pass to yours?

Valeigh: ...yes.[/COLOR]

The Harlequin: At least I won't be starved for entertainment.

Everyone in the room jumps, surprised at the sudden newcomer. The Harlequin takes a mocking bow.

The Harlequin: Yours truly

Spyder: Harlequin!

The Harlequin's face does not change as he slowly focuses on the one thing in existance he cares about.

The Harlequin: You didn't really expect me to stay dead did you? When I find out who buried me though, then things will get...

The Harlequin's complaining suddenly cuts off as his mouth is suddenly occupied by another's.

Once all the uncomfortable shuffling dies down. The Harlequin disentangled himself from Spyder's frantic embrace.

The Harlequin: I assume someone would be willing to enlighten me as to what is going on?