OtakuBoards

Spiderman

Anna

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gouf [/i]
[B]

i almost cried but then agin i can't cry its imobsible
but they better make a 2nd because they only had one villan who is probly the crapyest next to the rino but they missed felica and morphaus ther cool felcia become peters patner and morphus ????

carnage and veanom the two symbenotes
and waht happed to the lizard man doc

on BTPS movie scale 1 being the lowest 10 being hifghest it gets a &
what number is that who can guess [/B][/QUOTE]

You gave it a 7. And they did talk about Dr. Conners (the aligator guy) in the movie. Peter says "I was late for work again and Dr. Conners fired me." so mabye he is in the next movie. I think The Hob Goblin and Dr. Conners should be the bad guys in number 2 and Venom and Carnage in 3. And mabye if they start having villans double up Peter will get a friend. Like the Cat Burgaler lady. I think that was her name. And it could be who you where talking about but I don't remember to well.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=crimson][size=1]I thought that Doc Oc should have been the villian in the first movie period. And I also figured that his son would be the next villian because, HELLO, they basically led you to believe that right there at the end. But yeah, I wonder who he's going to turn out to be.[/color][/size]

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I don't know if this has been mentioned (i'm not gonna read 4 pages to see) but, did anyone notice that Stan Lee was in the movie? When the Green Goblin was blowing up the balcony with all the people on it and debris was falling, there was a split second close-up(so u only see him) shot of Stan Lee grabing a kid and running out of the frame. I thought it was funny that they put the creator of Spiderman in the movie. Kinda like all the Alfred Hitchcock movies, he appears in all of them.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]I thought that Doc Oc should have been the villian in the first movie period. And I also figured that his son would be the next villian because, HELLO, they basically led you to believe that right there at the end. But yeah, I wonder who he's going to turn out to be.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

thats exactly what happend in the comic book and i agree they sholdv'e had doc oct he the frist spider man villian

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gouf [/i]
[B]

thats exactly what happend in the comic book and i agree they sholdv'e had doc oct he the frist spider man villian [/B][/QUOTE]

This is exactly what ive been trying to say in the RE: Movie thread! If the spidey movie was exactly the same as the comic series, then the viewer will be expecting particular scenes, and will know what happens next, and might get bored (unless its really that damn good!)

Personally, Toby MacGuire[ sp?] is a MORON!!!!!! What kind of [B] Idiot[/B] would not take Kirsten Dunst if she said that she loved you. I mean, come on. I knwo it was in the script. If that comes out on DVD, then there has to be an alternate ending, where he kisses her, and marries her. HE DOES THAT IN THE SHOW, AND COMIC!!!!! Stupid movie company.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defcon5 [/i]
[B]But if he hooked up with her then he would risk people going after her again just like the Green Goblin did. He couldn't afford to take that risk. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ermmmm.....No thats not what he meant.....What he meant was he couldnt be there for her if he was Spider-Man.. Here let me make it simpler for you......She would dump him if he kept disappering when there was trouble.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]I don't know if this has been mentioned (i'm not gonna read 4 pages to see) but, did anyone notice that Stan Lee was in the movie? When the Green Goblin was blowing up the balcony with all the people on it and debris was falling, there was a split second close-up(so u only see him) shot of Stan Lee grabing a kid and running out of the frame. I thought it was funny that they put the creator of Spiderman in the movie. Kinda like all the Alfred Hitchcock movies, he appears in all of them.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][size=3]That's just Stan Lee's deal, apparently: you make the movie, he's in it. Check out the hot dog vendor when President Kelly shows up on the beach in [i]X-Men[/i], true believers!

Excelsior!
[i]J.C. "Wish I was Stan Lee" Baggee[/color][/size][/i]

[color=red][size=3]Stan Lee, along with artists like Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby, created the Golden Age of comics at Marvel, which includes Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and others. Since he was such a big guy and eventually editor-in-chief, every comic touts "Stan Lee Presents..." above the title, though there is talk of new E-I-C Joe Quesada changing that.

For the record, Stan Lee and Artie Rosen did [b]not[/b] create "Sentinal" years before Fantastic Four was created. That was all a hoax used to promote the series. The series was created by Quesada(I think...) and Artie Rosen is not even an artist.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sacred Warrior [/i]
[B]

Ermmmm.....No thats not what he meant.....What he meant was he couldnt be there for her if he was Spider-Man.. Here let me make it simpler for you......She would dump him if he kept disappering when there was trouble. [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you sure that's what he meant? Heck it could have meant both things. And I got what you said the first time. I am not brain dead.

[color=red][size=3]Actually, you were right the first time. Since his Spider-Man persona resulted in...

***SPOILERS!***
the death of his Uncle Ben, the kidnapping of his Aunt May, and his best friend, Harry, hating Spidey...
***END SPOILERS!***

...He decided he would rather not hurt the woman he'd loved all his life. It was a very mature decision and one I would have made in the same place.[/color][/size]

However, i dont think she would be to hurt if she found out. I mean, did you see the look on her face at the end, as he walked away? She knew, you know it.

if they follow the comics, then they will get married, and she will know everything. They have followed them so far, but not totally. Almost though.

yeah she's knows that it is him by the way he kissed. if you payed attention closely enough i believe she touches her lips and looks back at him. anyways i thought the movie could have been better. for me it didn't live up to the hype everyone built it up to be.

Guest Saiyangohan2002
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ4BROLLI [/i]
[B]yeah she's knows that it is him by the way he kissed. if you payed attention closely enough i believe she touches her lips and looks back at him. anyways i thought the movie could have been better. for me it didn't live up to the hype everyone built it up to be. [/B][/QUOTE]

O.K im going to reply to this because i have followed all the drama in the making of the movie, from big budget spec effects, to the need of removal of the WTC. Spiderman has always had a little place in my heart, alongside things like Dragonball Z and Star wars. As the release of the movie draws near here in New Zealand, i have dedicated my sig to Spidey.

oh how i wish i could walk walls, and swing through new york in a brisk morning breeze in the sunrise lol!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defcon5 [/i]
[B]

Are you sure that's what he meant? Heck it could have meant both things. And I got what you said the first time. I am not brain dead. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yea I guess it could have been both. But he is probably hook up with her in Sm 2 or 3. Like Vegitto and Brolly said she probably knows he is Spider man.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]No. She knows he's spiderman. I stated that already. Pay attention.

He doesn't tell her everything for a little bit, but she knows. oh well. We will have to see in SpiderMan 2 [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][size=3]Yes....but in the comics, she saw him climb out of his room, in costume, when he went to catch the man who killed his Uncle Ben (don't tell me I spoiled it! I would hope everyone knows Uncle Ben is killed!) and had therefore known since the very first issue...which is trippy, since she didn't even have a cameo until issue seven.[/color][/size]

[b]I thought the film was okay for a film, but rubbish compared to what it could've been...
For one, Toby McGuire scares me.
Two, how the hell can he have web coming from his wrists? That's messed up seriously.
Three, I didn't like the CG bits of the Green Goblin. He looks to perfectly made, and not so placticky.
Four, the Green Goblin outfit they made it so screwy.
Then there's the predictability, and the obvious type of ending.
Oh, and why was he sliced in two for? The chest, people, the chest!!

WE WANT A BETTER MOVIE DAMMIT!
SOMETHING WITH A COMIC-QUALITY ENDING!
(OR EVEN CARTOON QUALITY, IF I'M REALLY DESPERATE)

All that film was, was a mix of Astonishing Spiderman (I've read no other, so I dunno about the rest :p), Spiderman, and Spidey Unlimited, with a few bits-and-bobs dashed in.

Anyway, I hope Spiderman II comes out. And if it does, I want Venom and Carnage, or Hobgoblin,....or Harry :naughty:[/b]

And with the ranting out of the way, I can say that I just cannot wait for Blade III and Black Panther...Go Marvel, GO!

****SPOILERS ABOUT MJ AND PETER****

Mary-Jane is Peter's Wife. Or perhaps, should we say "was". Peter first meets Mary-Jane in Amazing Spider-Man #42, although we as readers were given hints about her as early as Amazing Spider-Man #25. While Peter was at college, Mary-Jane dated Harry Osborn while Peter dated Gwen Stacy. Mary-Jane broke up with Harry, shortly before Harry's drug problems in Amazing Spider-Man #96-#98.
A while after Gwen's death in Amazing Spider-Man #122, Peter and Mary-Jane became a regular couple. Peter eventually proposed to Mary-Jane in Amazing #182, however Mary-Jane declined, saying that she wasn't the sort of girl who could be happy with just one man. Shortly after, Mary-Jane took a leave of absence from the Spider-Man comics, during which time Peter dated several different women, primarily Debbie Whitman, and The Black Cat.
Mary-Jane returned in Amazing Spider-Man #243, after staying with her family in Florida. She and Peter grew very close at this time, as both were having some problems in their lives. After another round of the usual Peter Parker lies following a battle with the Puma, Mary-Jane revealed to Peter that she knew that he is Spider-Man. Since she knew his greatest secret, Mary Jane decided to open up to Peter and share her secrets. She told her life story to him - growing up in a dysfunctional family wearing emotional masks of the happy-go-lucky party girl to keep herself sane. Peter and Mary Jane denyed to themselves and each other that they were in fact, once again, emotionally entangled. In this period of shared honesty, they realised how close they had become.
Peter proposed to her for a second time in Amazing Spider-Man #290. The wedding followed shortly afterwards in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21 and the Honeymoon in Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #7.
They moved into a new apartment together, but their happiness was shortlived when Mary-Jane was kidnapped by Jonathan Caeser, a wealthy admirer. Following her escape and his being sent to jail, Caeser still managed to use his influence to ensure that she was forced out of the modelling business. MJ managed to find alternate work in the day-time drama "Secret Hospital". Still, she earned more than Peter did with his photography.
Mary-Jane's life had become increasingly miserable. There was the "Maximum Carnage". There was her frightening encounter with Venom. She had a brief flirtation with a fellow actor, and took up smoking for a while. Then there was the clone saga. She had been continually ignored and disregarded by Peter - and had taken a lot more rubbish from him than I would have ever believed possible. Mary Jane became like the "police-man's wife", helplessly waiting by the window for her husband to come home, day after day, while her husband risked his life. Mary Jane's character was a far cry from the bubbly flirty crazy redhead she was as a teenager.
After the clone saga, the storyline showed more hope for their marriage, when Mary Jane became pregnant. The responsibility of being a parent inpired Peter to end his role as Spider-Man, head out to Seattle to live a "normal life". That didn't end very long. The Green Goblin came back, and there was an apparent "miscarriage" of the baby (though it seems Norman Osborn may have abducted the child - a plotline left in limbo). Pete and MJ entered therapy together, while she returned to ESU to study psychology.
There, she befriended Jill Stacy, Gwen's cousin. MJ's Aunt Anna was living with the couple in Aunt May's home in Forest Hills until Aunt May was discovered to be alive. MJ accepted an offer to model again, money started to pour in, and the two moved to an expensive apartment in Manhattan along with Aunt May. Peter once again quit being Spider-Man, and life seemed to be going great for the couple. Once again, Pete just couldn't stay out of the webs, and lied to his wife while secretly crime fighting. While MJ's busy modeling schedule was straining their relationship, the truth came out that her husband was still Spider-Man. Their marriage on the rocks, Mary Jane faced further problems as a stalker harassed her constantly on the phone - a secret she withheld from Peter.
In Amazing Spider-Man Vol.2 #13, Mary Jane took off on a plane trip. Pete was supposed to catch up with her and have time away to patch things up. With the stalker on board, the plane is seen exploding mid-air. Peter (and most comic book readers) refused to believe his wife dead, but was convinced of her demise by a box of her belongings sent to him by the airport.
Considering everyone else dead in his life returns eventually, Peter was right the first time. MJ was held captive by "the Stalker", a man who supernaturally began to become like Peter after absorbing his memories. Spider-Man rescued MJ, but after the mental trauma of her captivity, she was unable to return to the stressful lifestyle of living with a husband who risks his life every day. Mary Jane and Peter have currently separated, but not divorced.

****END SPOILERS****

I got this info from [url]http://www.angelfire.com/comics/blurr26/[/url] AKA the tangled web of spiderman