OtakuBoards

Animes, that aren't well known!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:( Well everyone, I've noticed that lately General Anime has become a rather dead forum. Most of the topics have been done already and its getting rather stale. So lets see if we can somehow flurish some of that creative energy into creating some topics about Anime not seen on TV, as in the stuff not shown on Adult Swim, Toonami, WB, or Fox!

So everyone if you know a rare anime and have some info about it or questions lets hear them! Remember Rare Animes though, not dbz, tenchi, trigun, CB, or Gundam!!! I want something rare for a change!

Here's a list of Rare Animes has anyone ever heard of them!!!!

Macross
Green Legend Ran
Genesis Climber Mosepeda
E.Y.E.S. of Mars
Lily Cat
Megazone 23

Feel free to add to that list and throw out a couple of names! Hopefully we can try to get this forum a bit more lively!;)

Sincerely,
Kevin!:)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=darkblue]This is a nice change of pace, 'wish I had thought if it first..

* Magic User's Club
* Record of Lodoss War
* Saint Tail
* Samurai Pizza Cats (Okay, probably not rare. But those darn cats are funny!)
* Shamanic Princess
* Chibi-Maruku-Chan (A Personal Favorite)

These may not be super- rare. But they aren't on tv, and I happen to enjoy them.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]:( Well everyone, I've noticed that lately General Anime has become a rather dead forum. Most of the topics have been done already and its getting rather stale. So lets see if we can somehow flurish some of that creative energy into creating some topics about Anime not seen on TV, as in the stuff not shown on Adult Swim, Toonami, WB, or Fox!

So everyone if you know a rare anime and have some info about it or questions lets hear them! Remember Rare Animes though, not dbz, tenchi, trigun, CB, or Gundam!!! I want something rare for a change!

Here's a list of Rare Animes has anyone ever heard of them!!!!

Macross
Green Legend Ran
Genesis Climber Mosepeda
E.Y.E.S. of Mars
Lily Cat
Megazone 23

Feel free to add to that list and throw out a couple of names! Hopefully we can try to get this forum a bit more lively!;)

Sincerely,
Kevin!:) [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with what your saying, the anime section is becoming a bit dead nowadays, and most people are probably to scared to post a topic about an anime most people probably haven't even heard about, ah well....

macross and megazone were ok, didn't like green legend ran for some reason though, haven't seen lily cat or eyes of mars yet, genesis was ok too....

i dont know that macross is really all that rare, but i love this thread idea.
im also glad to see someone say record of lodoss wars. what about that one.
bastard.
not too rare but i think cool.
does anyone know about escaflowne, ive never seen it but its preview was on another movie i got and it looked awesome.
do you know many with dragons and knights and wizards, stuff like that. id love to hear about them even if their not rare.
thanks

I think Macross is pretty well known to people that watch anime outside of Cartoon Network's Toonami. So is Record of the Lodoss War...So I'm not sure what you are considering "rare." But oh well, I'm just gonna list ones most people I know don't know about lol. I find that a lot of people haven't heard of these:

- 3x3 Eyes (Everyone should see this).
- Riding Bean (Short, but great action),
- Genesis Survivor Gaiarth
- Roujin Z (I think most people know this, but I'm not sure...great anime).
- Boogiepop Phantom
- Nadia: Secret of Blue Water
- Castle of Cologostrio (sp?)
- Black Heaven
- Love Hina
- Persona (I think this was the name, it was subtitled and VERY good)
- Wicked City (this isn't all that rare honestly)
- Crying Freeman
- Giant Robo

... That's all I can think of offhand haha.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SemjazaAzazel [/i]
[B]I think Macross is pretty well known to people that watch anime outside of Cartoon Network's Toonami. So is Record of the Lodoss War...So I'm not sure what you are considering "rare." But oh well, I'm just gonna list ones most people I know don't know about lol. I find that a lot of people haven't heard of these[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green]I think the purpose of this topic is make people more aware of anime that aren't on tv every day. What you might consider "rare" I might not, and vice versa.[/color]

Good idea Hunter......time to see who really takes their time to watch 'non-televisied" anime.

I hated Gasaraki..... *hold crusifix* keep it away! I hate anime that have mechs and make them look real bad. Story was confusing like hel! too. After watching 3 shows, I've had enough.

I wanna hear what people say about Final Fantasy Unlimited....... This shows is somehow different to me and i wanna see what else people have to say bout it....

Lastly, has anyone seen Iria: the Zeram Confrontation? They showed it on the sci fi channel once or twice and i think it was a pretty cool movie. Weapons in it are kwel 8-) I wanna see if can find it on an uncut or its japanese version!

I have seen Lily cat it was a loooooong time ago but I have seen it. I saw it back when the Sci Fi channel had Saterday Anime showing but it has been a while since I saw it and I only really remember the ending.I would add Magic Knight Rayearth to the list. Hey your name is Kevin too Rick Hunter!!!

How bout this?
Ninja Scroll - hell yeah (famous but rarely spoken)
Tekkaman Blade 1 and 2 (Yeah I know it has its own section in the boards but does ANYbody know anything about besides James, Sephiroth, Hunter and I?)

the venus wars
also, i have a question about an anime i saw on the showtime beyond channel.
it had 1 person that you find out is the protector of the earth and then a main enemy and 2 hench men that are bother and sister and into incest...yuch.
just wondered if anyone knew what that one was. it was good and for attacks you used original stuff,
talking about manipulating sound and the air.
it wasnt the best ive seen but good.
oh yea what about fist of the north star. not too rare, but good. does any one know if showtime byond will finish that series?

Venus Wars.......that sounds familar.......does it involve one-wheeled motorcycles?
As for fist of the north star....i don't know if showtime will finish the series (my crappy cable provider doesn't have the special showtime channels) I saw the movie though......kinda cool, worth the time to watch again.

How bout this?
Spriggan
Jin Roh - what the hell is that? has anyone seen this yet?

I've got Jin-Roh on DVD. It's pretty good. It takes place in Japan, but the Japan in the movie is like a totalitarian government that controls the area. It mainly revolves around a soldier named Fuse, who starts to question what is going on when he fails to kill (or save even) a young girl who is a member of "The Sect" (they are like the rebels of the movie). It's somewhat psyhcological, and a very good movie. I've seen it for about 20 dollars, but the 2 Disc special edition is like 60. And like Kouberi said, the directors of Ghost in the Shell scripted and directed it.

Slayers? I've always wanted to watch it, but I've never had the money when I find the box sets...:(

Anyway, here's some pretty darn good shows:

Sorcerer Hunters (My all-time favorite. Anyone knows when season 2 is coming?)

Sorcerer On the Rocks (Closest thing to Sorcerer Hunters S2)

Blue Seed (One of the few serious animés I like.)

Soul Hunter (My next DVD target.)

Those Who Hunt Elves (I'm fairly new to this one, but I've loved what I've seen.)

Is it me, or are most of my fav. animés related to some sort of hunting?

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
;) Well seems like there is some life coming back to this forum after all!

More to add to the list!

Gundress
Vandread
Macron 1
8 Man after!
Demon City Shinjiku!

Just to name a few!

Anyway keep them coming!!!:p

8 Man was pretty cool the first time i saw it.....haven't seen it in a long time now..... I wich the guys over at the sci fi channel and bring back those shows they aired on saturday and then some. Those guys helped become an Otaku.

There is another anime I remember that was also on the sci fi channel but i can't remember the name. Basicly you have this guy who's father was a scienist who made these robots. Well they robots went renegade and the only thing that can stop them was if he's son decided to become a cybog. Only catch is he couldn't live long because of it. I think he was call Kashan or something that sounds like that. Does this sound familar to anyone?

Escaflowne: series and movie. - I've only seen one thread of this series so rack another rare one up there.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Then name of that anime for your information ZeroG214 was Cashan Robot Hunter!;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]I don't think Samurai Jack really counts as a Anime so much as a Cartoon, SS.. [/B][/QUOTE]I know, I know, I put it up because on the ad it said "anime".... though yes, I'd say not...

I still refer to it as an anime though...

Dominion Tank Police.... dunno whether it's rare or not, but not many places seem to have the videos around here, so I guess it's rare in Stoke on Trent at least... and pretty cool, too.. I just got round to buying the first tape... actually.. what I mean is, the store just got round to getting the first tape in stock...