OtakuBoards

Animes, that aren't well known!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

Guest Cloud70
I like this show. It just came out and I'm new so I don't know if you've talked about it. So I just thought I'd throw it out there.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TLOL_Vash
star ocean EX, has it been mentioned yet? it's a great anime very fullfilling,

macross is very well known really tho noticing it's been mentioned it's up there with akira for fame, hmm other good anime;

Mystery of the Necromonicon (i'll admit this is hentai but it's also a horror story, and it's not corny hentai it's very well written)

Legend of the overfiend - decent the first is better than the second and third

Orguss 2 - Probably one of the best dubbed anime i've ever seen. the Subbed Version must be stunning, they made a new language for this movie, brilliant effort (I dunno if you've all heard of it I don't hear alot about it)

Is blood the last vampire well known? it's a good one, defnately worth getting.

of course a big one that's just appeared on otaku, which is obviously better known now but surprisingly un known (even when people know about it alot of them never have seen it) Trigun!! *just had to spam trigun, loves vash* EEEEEEE vash!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forgottendeth [/i]
[B]If you mean rare as in good then I would have to say .Hack.Sign. It has a good blend of gaming and anime.
[/B][/QUOTE]
I really couldn't say that .hack is a rare anime. There is a section of it on theOtaku.com, we have a thread in this forum that's gotten quite large, and the anime has even shown on Cartoon Network. I don't see it as rare at all.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by TLOL_Vash [/i]
[B]macross is very well known really tho noticing it's been mentioned it's up there with akira for fame, hmm other good anime;

Is blood the last vampire well known? it's a good one, defnately worth getting.

of course a big one that's just appeared on otaku, which is obviously better known now but surprisingly un known (even when people know about it alot of them never have seen it) Trigun!! *just had to spam trigun, loves vash* EEEEEEE vash!! [/B][/QUOTE]
First of all, I just want to say that I don't feel that Blood is very rare. I know quite a few people that have seen it, and little who havn't.

Second, I really don't see why you're mentioning the other three when you know perfectly well that they're not rare. Any particular reason there?

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I'm still surpised that this thread I made so far back is still alive. However to point out some things I've seen lately, you can't say .hack//sign is a rare anime, based on the fact it's available on the market now.

Originally when I made this thread it was to list animes that aren't well known or aired on tv, so that way people would start discussing them in Anime Lounge...but apparently the point of the thread idea ^_^; hasn't come to pass.

For those that have listed some rare animes, good and keep it coming. For the people that are saying Pretty Sasami or Tenchi, heck even Macross. They are no longer considered Rare Animes, since they have a wide range of audiences now and no longer have an underground cult following.

When I think of rare animes something like Gigantor the 60's version not the 80's version that many know about is rare. Even the Voltron series where the Lions where actually cars. Saint Seya, Galaxy Express 999 the series, not the movies. Captain Tsuraba, Yamamoto Yohko: Starship Girl, and Iczer 3.

Those are the type of things I was expecting to see posted on people's list and are in fact rather rare, also well worth your time watching.

So next time when your going to post animes that aren't well known, please nothing that's on TV or is going to be on TV, if they are on tv or going to be it is then considered well known.

Please keep in mind I'm not demanding or trashing on anyone but trying to maintain some integrity in this topic I made awhile back.

Sincerely,
Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nasuke
Has anyone mentioned Otaku no Video? Maybe it's just not well known because it's so old, but it's really good.

Not sure if these were mentioned but:

*Devilman (and the more recent DevliLady) - surprisingly good and not too many have actually seen it
*Vampire Hunter D (the original) - oldy but goody
*Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - new and better :)
*Trigun - pretty well known but hasn't made it to TV yet...What? Cartoon Network is going to add it to their lineup? Hmmmm... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Here are some anime I know that are not well know:

Legend of Crystania The Movie :catgirl:
Chobits :catgirl:
Y's Legecy :catgirl:
Legend of the Last Labyrinth :catgirl:
Marriage :catgirl:
Gestaly :catgirl:
Black Magic M-66:catgirl:
Patlabor:catgirl:
City Hunter:catgirl:
Cardcaptor Sakura:catgirl:
Landlock:catgirl:
Infinite Ryvius:catgirl:
Appleseed:catgirl:
Blood: Last Vampire:catgirl:
Blood Reign (Curse of the Yoma):catgirl:
Cat Girl Nuku Nuku:catgirl:
Nuku Nuku Dash:catgirl:
Fancy Lala:catgirl:
Real Bout Highschoo:catgirl:l
The World of Narue:catgirl:
Descendants of Darkness:catgirl:
His and Her Circumstances:catgirl:
KO Beast:catgirl:
Nadesico:catgirl:
Princess Nine:catgirl:
Wild Arms:catgirl:
Sugar:catgirl:
Robotech:catgirl:

That is all I can think of right now, but I have alot more. :animesmil

This symbol :catgirl: at the end of the title means you must watch because I like them maybe you do too.

Please don't bring back really old topics. If the subject of a long-dead thread interests you, the best course of action is to either look for a more recent thread that covers similar ground or to simply create a new thread of your own. Thanks.

Thread closed.

~Dagger~