OtakuBoards

Animes, that aren't well known!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would also say that this did a good job of bringing life back to the anime.
i have a ?
are we considering anime a specific genre, being ***. anime.
or is anime short for animation?
makes a difference in placement of threads.
also just something i wonder and want opinions on.
i think anime is japan specific, but if the style is the same and made, say, here in america, its still anime.
what do you think?

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Great Job guys seen the majority of all the ones meantioned here, keep they coming, and also remember to discuss some of these animes here in GA when you have the chance, that way we could hopefully see something original, other then Pilot Candidate, I've seen people make a thread for it already 4 times this week!;)

Sincerely,
Kevin

P.S. I like Pilot Candidate like the next person but it gets a little redudant seeing the same exact thread being made!;)

Guest Morph
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZeroG214 [/i]
[B]How bout this?
Ninja Scroll - hell yeah (famous but rarely spoken)
Tekkaman Blade 1 and 2 (Yeah I know it has its own section in the boards but does ANYbody know anything about besides James, Sephiroth, Hunter and I?) [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I do, Tekkaman? Its real cool dude

[b] Here's a bunch [/b]

° Angelique
° Ah! Megami-sama!
° Arslan Senki
° Battle Athletes
° Cutey Honey F
° Earthian
° Fruits Basket
° Gestalt
° GIZOKU
° Gravitation
° Gokudo-kun Manyuki
° Hexamoon Gaurdians
° Hikaru no Go
° Idol Project
° Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
° Kaze no Tairiku
° Kokoro Library
° Mamotte Shugogetten
° Nightwalker
° Pretear
° Saint Tail
° Seraphim Call
° To Heart
° Wedding Peach
° Yami no Matsuei
° Dalk Stalkers
° Flame of Recca
° Gravitation
° Master of Mosquiton
° Megami Paradise
° Petshop of Horrors
° Saber Marionette J
° Saint Seiya
° Shoujo Kakumei
° Weiss Kreuz
° Yuu Yuu Hakusho
° Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040
° Final Fantasy Unlimited
° Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne
° Oh My Goddess
° Records of Lodoss War
° Rurouni Kenshin
° Utena
° War of Genesis
° X[/size]

No, anime is not short for animation. It's a word the Japanese borrowed from the French, and it means "animation", not exactly cartoon. But nowadays it has evolved to meaning the type of anime that you've all listed.

Personally, the only anime I like is GTO and NONE of you have listed it! GTO is an acronym for Great Teacher Onizuka, and it's the best manga/anime out there. There's also a drama version that aired in Japan awhile back starring sorimachi takashi (a great actor) and noriko sakai (I think? I forgot the name, I'm probably just making that one up ^_^;). But if you haven't seen it, do so now! Best anime out there.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]No, anime is not short for animation. It's a word the Japanese borrowed from the French, and it means "animation", not exactly cartoon. But nowadays it has evolved to meaning the type of anime that you've all listed.

Personally, the only anime I like is GTO and NONE of you have listed it! GTO is an acronym for Great Teacher Onizuka, and it's the best manga/anime out there. There's also a drama version that aired in Japan awhile back starring sorimachi takashi (a great actor) and noriko sakai (I think? I forgot the name, I'm probably just making that one up ^_^;). But if you haven't seen it, do so now! Best anime out there. [/B][/QUOTE]

The manga is extremely funny.. from what I've read that is... lol. Oh yeah, don't forget, your favorite song is also the theme song tee hee.

hey i gotta say that i have seen some tekkaman blade or whatever its called. i never really knew the title even cause it was written so funny on the cover.
it was a good show. rented it once. thats all. it was awesome.
some pilot couldnt get the full potential from the vessel. then the co pilot girl did this wild trick where you found out she was an android or something that could turn into a little antenna and teleport to the ship, giving full power.
another rare one would be project ako or something like that. it was pretty cool.

I bought the GTO manga, and I really didn't like it that much...it just wasn't very interesting to me.

I have some:
Marmalade boy, Fruits Basket, X, Ayashi no Ceres, Majutsushi Orphen, Dragon Knights, Kare Kano, Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl, erm....that's all I can think of for now....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]I bought the GTO manga, and I really didn't like it that much...it just wasn't very interesting to me.[/B][/QUOTE]

You have to be male to really appreciate the show/manga.

Oh and I forgot Marmalade Boy! Haven't watched it in forever, but that's the other anime I really like, even though it's just like an anime soap opera.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yori Peacecraft [/i]
[B]- possibly Serial Experiments lane....but alot of people have heard of that...[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue]I've seen the first tape of it so far and I really liked what I saw. I've already made a topic about it but might make another once I've seen more. Oh yeah, here's a couple more anime titles.[/COLOR]

-Key: The Metal Idol
-Lensman

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]

You have to be male to really appreciate the show/manga.

Oh and I forgot Marmalade Boy! Haven't watched it in forever, but that's the other anime I really like, even though it's just like an anime soap opera. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, GTO is a guy manga. ^^ Deffinitely....

Marmalade Boy is so cute. Although all the guy look like girls in the anime, they don't look quite as feminine in the manga. I like the High School-based animes. They have something kinda special about them that sci-fi and fantasy just don't have. A certain realism that makes me think more about my own life, I think.

I was considering this before, but not many people really do know about Fushigi Yuugi....which is a darn shame. Also Clover, by Clamp.

Well to begin with...

GoldenBoy ----> the most hilarious anime show I've seen so far.
Excel Saga ----> the second most hilarious anime show I've seen so far next to golden boy.

and for the rest I would say X, Initial D and Child's Toy are some of those not so well known anime shows out there that would deserve more publicity.

Welllllllll it's kinda a kid's show at first. It's about the relationship between this child actress and his boy classmate. It starts out as if the two were the worst of enemies but then, as all love crap anime shows, turns into a deeper relationship. How deep? I don't know? Haven't finished the series yet.

The first thing you should know about me is that I value comedic value over battle scenes and romance so you could expect lot's of slapstic humor throughout this series.